Nothing happens on the charus quest (if I spelled it right lol) got to the falmer cave with the client but nothing happens when I go in. All the animations are running correctly and everything.

I'm experiencing the same thing man.

That was a common bug with the original mod (I had it too), however I think the new developer has found the problem, and has fixed it for V1.0.  

Only thing to do now is hope that admin will give him permission to upload it.

Nothing happens on the charus quest (if I spelled it right lol) got to the falmer cave with the client but nothing happens when I go in. All the animations are running correctly and everything.

I'm experiencing the same thing man.

Could you guys try and post the mods you're using with Animal mansion? Like creature frameworks and such?

Please go back to page 94, post 1872

to see what is going on and why.

I had to remove the link due to Terms of Service, and I don't wish to get banned

and if you share it with my terms on it, you might get banned as it says no re-distribution, please wait for the admins to Resolve this Issue.

Thank you.

Jmathers

Please go back to page 94, post 1872

to see what is going on and why.

I had to remove the link due to Terms of Service, and I don't wish to get banned

and if you share it with my terms on it, you might get banned as it says no re-distribution, please wait for the admins to Resolve this Issue.

Thank you.

Jmathers

any idea when that will be? its been almost 2 months,

@Jmathers

Have you considered loosening your terms on this mod? They're tighter than the original author's. Many mods here on LL have been abandoned by their authors for one reason or another and picked up by a new Champion without any draconian restrictions, issues with ToS, or fights between people over who's going to be the "official" replacement. My experience has been that everyone is just grateful when a capable individual steps up to continue the otherwise-dead mod and there is no reason to suppose that it would not continue to be the case here.

@Jmathers

Have you considered loosening your terms on this mod? They're tighter than the original author's. Many mods here on LL have been abandoned by their authors for one reason or another and picked up by a new Champion without any draconian restrictions, issues with ToS, or fights between people over who's going to be the "official" replacement. My experience has been that everyone is just grateful when a capable individual steps up to continue the otherwise-dead mod and there is no reason to suppose that it would not continue to be the case here.

From his earlier posts, Jmathers is in negotiations with LL admin on how to post the new versions of Animal mansion. This from my understanding was his first appropriation of someone else's mod on LL, and may have made a few mistakes in continuing it, combined with ToS that might have been confusing, leading to unintentional mistakes. People make mistakes, sometimes the solutions take forever. I blame our current society for this. Be patient my friends, and good things may yet come to you. 

alot of people seem to think that starting his own thread will solve the problem, but JMathers wishes to finish the mod the way the original author intended it to be before starting his own thread with future quests and expansions. it just seems he's having some problems with posting new updates with LL breathing down his neck. hold out folks! when JMathers gets things figured out, he'll be cranking through the updates on a weekly basis, he was doing it before.

Yeah no, what mybrainhurts said is absolutely right. If he simply would continue with the same restrictions the original author implemented the problem would disappear and he could post updates immediately, without the fear of "getting banned". 

And in addition to what he said: including things like code always helps people who aren't as experienced. They get confronted with a problem in scripting and don't know how to achieve their goal. Then they remember "that mod" that had a similar function, take a look at the sources and get a gist of how to achieve what they're looking for. Sure they could also search with a less than adequate search engine for a less than adequate "tutorial" and after the 730th "tutorial" that explains something wrong, they might have enough luck to find one that actually explains what it claims to explain, explains the actual problem they're facing and achieves the same in 2 months, he would otherwise have achieved in an hour or so. Win-win for everyone Oo.

In the past, JMathers has made it clear that he does not want people to read his source code or to further edit his version of the mod.

(It was part of the many posts of him that he deleted himself some time ago, if I recall correctly.)

Even if it is a regrettable choice in the eyes of some, I would ask people to respect his stance on things. Don't want to risk him dropping the mod entirely, do we?

alot of people seem to think that starting his own thread will solve the problem, but JMathers wishes to finish the mod the way the original author intended it to be before starting his own thread with future quests and expansions. it just seems he's having some problems with posting new updates with LL breathing down his neck. hold out folks! when JMathers gets things figured out, he'll be cranking through the updates on a weekly basis, he was doing it before.

@Idanis, you are correct the entire way,  I do have plans of finish the mod, Sky_mds had originally chosen, and then make a new thread, where I'd add in stuff such as DLC's. 

I am still updating the mod on a regular basis, and your right, once the permissions problem is solved. I should return to publishing again on a regular basis.

In the past, JMathers has made it clear that he does not want people to read his source code or to further edit his version of the mod.

(It was part of the many posts of him that he deleted himself some time ago, if I recall correctly.)

Even if it is a regrettable choice in the eyes of some, I would ask people to respect his stance on things. Don't want to risk him dropping the mod entirely, do we?

@twycross, as actually stated previously, I don't mind people editing the mod for there own preferences and I do welcome it, it is the publishing of it, that bugs me.

and as people have shown on LL, they can't respect the no redistrubution portion of it, now every one has to suffer from it.

sorry :(

i respect JMathers decision. i just want to use this mod again, wouldnt be asking if i hadnt lost all my mods due to hard drive failure.

@Skull, I understand your harddrive failure and It is regretable that you lost the mod, I am constantly asking the admins for answer.

I do have a new version for release ready, but with out proper permissions, publishing it would bring more harm then good.

@Idanis, you are correct the entire way,  I do have plans of finish the mod, Sky_mds had originally chosen, and then make a new thread, where I'd add in stuff such as DLC's. 

I am still updating the mod on a regular basis, and your right, once the permissions problem is solved. I should return to publishing again on a regular basis.

@twycross, as actually stated previously, I don't mind people editing the mod for there own preferences and I do welcome it, it is the publishing of it, that bugs me.

and as people have shown on LL, they can't respect the no redistrubution portion of it, now every one has to suffer from it.

i respect JMathers decision. i just want to use this mod again, wouldnt be asking if i hadnt lost all my mods due to hard drive failure.

@Skull, I understand your harddrive failure and It is regretable that you lost the mod, I am constantly asking the admins for answer.

I do have a new version for release ready, but with out proper permissions, publishing it would bring more harm then good.

I greatly look forward to it

That depends. As things stand now, the mod is dead. Is this what you are asking me to respect? Why is it dead? Are the admins in no rush to settle a question pertaining to one of the most popular mods on LL? It seems unlikely. Is it a really difficult problem they are trying to solve here? Probably, except that I would characterize it as "intractable." Either way the problem would vanish if Jmathers would simply follow sky_mds's terms of use.

One of the ridiculous things about this impasse is that anyone could start bug-fixing and expanding this mod, right here on this thread, and be perfectly within his rights to do so. As I pointed out earlier, this is what happens to abandoned mods all the time. The fact that nobody has done this here should be enough to convince Jmathers that his restrictions are unnecessary and counter-productive.

Ah, alright. In this case, I apologize for misrepresenting the information. Sorry.

That depends. As things stand now, the mod is dead. Is this what you are asking me to respect? Why is it dead? Are the admins in no rush to settle a question pertaining to one of the most popular mods on LL? It seems unlikely. Is it a really difficult problem they are trying to solve here? Probably, except that I would characterize it as "intractable." Either way the problem would vanish if Jmathers would simply follow sky_mds's terms of use.

One of the ridiculous things about this impasse is that anyone could start bug-fixing and expanding this mod, right here on this thread, and be perfectly within his rights to do so. As I pointed out earlier, this is what happens to abandoned mods all the time. The fact that nobody has done this here should be enough to convince Jmathers that his restrictions are unnecessary and counter-productive.

@mybrainhurts: One could also message Jmathers and inquire into whether he would like HELP. Posting criticisms and insults is time wasting and counter-productive. Why not offer a helping hand like several have done, instead of offering a slap in his (or her) face. If you have fixed some of the bugs yourself, or know someone who has, maybe offer them to Jmathers in return for credit on the development of the mod, in turn furthering our community's enjoyment of this mod.

@mybrainhurts: One could also message Jmathers and inquire into whether he would like HELP. Posting criticisms and insults is time wasting and counter-productive. Why not offer a helping hand like several have done, instead of offering a slap in his (or her) face. If you have fixed some of the bugs yourself, or know someone who has, maybe offer them to Jmathers in return for credit on the development of the mod, in turn furthering our community's enjoyment of this mod.

{emphasis mine}  Do you mean enjoyment of the mod that can't be published for fear of getting banned, as Jmathers has explained his predicament? How do you enjoy a mod that can't be published?  Your post is so far removed from anything I have written here that I am at a loss as to how to reply. I will just say that I am not trying to insult anyone. In a nutshell, I am simply urging Jmathers to change his terms on the mod so that his work can be published.

I appreciate that everyone is trying to respect the original author's wishes and also give JMathers space to work. But I'm not sure there's any need for all this angst.

Sky_mds said, "I included all the files (scripts, source code, etc.) so if anyone wants to continue the mod, take some pieces out of it or make a better one, please feel free to do so. Anyone can take what I made and use it for their own purpose without asking for permission." He also handed over the mod itself to JMathers, but it's clear he didn't mean to make it exclusive so far as the original mod assets go. 

So if anyone wants to start posting bugfixes on their own, I think that's fine. If anyone wants make their own variants, that should be fine. The author has already given explicit permission. If the mod becomes unavailable (right now there seem to be a few versions available for download) anyone should be able to re-post the original version.

No one should repost JMather's work, including bugfixes, without his permission, of course. And common courtesy would say as long as he's doing the work, don't crowd his space. But there's no reason to feel like we lost the mod.

I appreciate that everyone is trying to respect the original author's wishes and also give JMathers space to work. But I'm not sure there's any need for all this angst.

Sky_mds said, "I included all the files (scripts, source code, etc.) so if anyone wants to continue the mod, take some pieces out of it or make a better one, please feel free to do so. Anyone can take what I made and use it for their own purpose without asking for permission." He also handed over the mod itself to JMathers, but it's clear he didn't mean to make it exclusive so far as the original mod assets go. 

So if anyone wants to start posting bugfixes on their own, I think that's fine. If anyone wants make their own variants, that should be fine. The author has already given explicit permission. If the mod becomes unavailable (right now there seem to be a few versions available for download) anyone should be able to re-post the original version.

No one should repost JMather's work, including bugfixes, without his permission, of course. And common courtesy would say as long as he's doing the work, don't crowd his space. But there's no reason to feel like we lost the mod.

First, sky_mds left modding and made the mod open source, saying that anyone could modify it, improve it, fix it, to their heart's content.

I believe the problem began when jmathers said:

I'll take the job! It'll be fun, I'll fix the bugs, I'll improve it, here I go!

jmathers then contacted sky_mds for permission to do so (which was, based on the OP, unnecessary, but still a friendly thought), and sky_mds was gracious enough to modify the OP stating that jmathers "owned" the mod. It was a kind gesture, but in no way implied any sort of, I don't know, copyright transference or anything conceptually esoterically weird like that.

This was followed almost immediately by:

Now this mod is mine and nobody else can touch it, don't even think about editing anything, I own this now!

It may or may not have been what he meant, but people looked at his posts and became a little leery about messing with it. Others became convinced that jmathers was being greedily presumptive. Maybe, maybe not, doesn't matter, this is the internet and that makes it hard to communicate properly (since we've only got text, after all).

I'm not privy to what went on (or is going on) behind the scenes, but later sky_mds modified the OP again with a caveat about being friendly and civilized, and this post. I can't remember if this was before or after jmathers deleted most of his posts on the subject, but it was before the whole "tos" issue came up.

Considering that modders taking other people's work and expanding upon it or fixing it is pretty common around here (and especially considering that modders, in general, are perfectly fine with the idea and quite happy to pass the reins and/or accept help), the "tos violation" (whatever that may be) seems to me to be something a bit different. I can't say for sure it's because jmathers wants complete control and ownership of something that is, at heart, open-source and free for anyone to use, but that's just what it looks like.

My point is that sky_mds modified his original post to state that he was transferring the mod to JMathers, but that original post still has the language I posted granting open use without need to ask further permission. Then we had the first dust-up, and sky_mds modified the original post AGAIN to clarify his intent and AGAIN left the post so it still starts with open permission to everyone.

I don't think the original author's intent could be any clearer. 

It's courtesy and common sense to let JMathers show what he can do and leave the mod to him if he's going to take it forward. And it's courtesy and common sense to let him put whatever restrictions he likes on his work, whether the rest of us agree with those restrictions or not. (Legally speaking, everything we do is "derived work" of Bethesda's copyright under copyright law, which gives them rights to it should they choose to exercise those rights.) 

But we don't need to feel like the base mod is in some sort of no-touch zone.

So in a way you are all saying,

1: The mod was left as open and for anyone to use the " base " to their hearts content.  So anyone can do their own tweaks or carry it on at that time.

2: Later on JMathers offered to continue this mod so it would not die out.  In such doing contacted the original author of the mod and stated his willingness to continue such a good mod.  Therefore, afterwards the original author put his op that JMathers has been " authorized " to continue this work.

So now I think the question would probably be, is the BASE work of the mod, the one that was originally posted as free and anyone can use/continue, still free for anyone to tweak use as they like?  As in can they themselves take what had been done and continue their own version of it. 

And if so, then JMathers continuation of said mod would only be claimed as his own " from the point of the base game and only continuing what he/she has done themselves as fixes/ continuation ".

ME? I am a fan of this mod and so many others, so the best thing I can offer and or hope for is that if there are multiple modders out there trying to work on this mod, please talk between yourselves and come to some sort of arrangement.  I look forward to the future of this mod.  Maybe a modder has done some changes themselves to the mod they can show JMathers and see about including their work with what he/she does from now on, just put some credit where its earned.  This mod has so much potential that it would be a disfavor  to the original modder to have this mod stopped due to infighting.

Ok, that is all back to testing mods!