You're having the grey vampire faces on a vanilla pristine game ? o_O

Indeed! Chit be super fudged up. Couldn't help but notice a facegen data folder gets installed with this mod, for why I know not. There are some solutions, rename texture files, export facegen data files, which I have tried and tested and gotten nowhere.

The only thing I didn't do, after disabling all the other mods and DLC was clear out the actual Skyrim game directory, as files get installed there even though I use MO, for fear of screwing something up.

There.

You can safely delete and verify cache with MO. You've probably leftovers in /data/ .

Events here and elsewhere over the last several weeks notwithstanding, I decided to go ahead with my own version of the continuation of Animal Mansion. Changes from the last version by sky_mds (0.6e) include:

Cosmetic

- replaced Mara and Dibella statues with vanilla assets
- replaced shadow casting lights with their non-shadow casting equivalents

Slightly More Than Cosmetic

- fixed errors given by the CK when loading the esp (e.g., faction reaction errors)
- set bed ownership for player and Thaena and bedroom doors are locked until later in the main quest
- dialogue edits too numerous to catalogue

Significant

- removed Jesper from opening quest. He'll be back in a later version.
- rewrote chaurus quest so player doesn't have to speak with the Falmer shaman.
- rewrote bear quest so player doesn't have to kill anything
- created quest for sabre cat
- restored some inactive dialogue and fleshed out the rest of the dialogue in the NA_PS_Draugr quest (the one with NPC Sordid). This one is pretty freaky (and no I am not a necrophile, just a draugrphile :P) but it gave me some good ideas for future draugr quests.

And a bunch more that I can't remember right now.

I'm at a point where I could really use some help with bug testing. If you'd like to help please note the following:

1. NMM should be able to install/uninstall this (I have no idea about MO). Nothing should be overwritten when installing, so if you are asked to overwrite something say "no" and let me know about it. The attached zip file contains "loose" scripts. Every script in this mod contains the prefix "NA_" so if you uninstall this you can check the scripts directories for any scripts that may be hanging around. But there shouldn't be any if you use NMM (as I do).
2. Do us both a favor and use a save that has never had any version of Animal Mansion on it (including any version of the original and/or Jmathers' Redux).
3. In the MCM, set the number of quests needed to start the next stage of the main quest to zero. After that, save, quit, and reload (not strictly necessary but it has helped solve some glitches for me.)
4. If you can, check the main quest from start to finish.
5. If you don't have time for all of that, please spot check the bear and/or sabre cat and/or chaurus quests and/or the draugr quest (console: startquest NA_PS_Draugr). Whatever you can manage.
6. If you get stuck in the main quest because Thaena is missing the necessary dialogue, please note the values of the global variables "NA_MQAvailable" and "NA_MainQuestState", let me know what animal you got stuck on, and the values of those variables. (Just go to the console and use "help VariableName".) If NA_MQAvailable is zero, set it to one (console: set NA_MQAvailable to 1) and you should be good to go.
7. Looking for creative ways to break things is a low priority for now, so just do what the quests prompt you to do. There are quest markers for everything (except toward the end of the chaurus quest when I got tired of making quest objectives to talk to Abelone).
8. Follower support is an even lower priority so please don't report issues with followers.
9. There may be problems with Jala and her doing private shows. I haven't touched this part of the mod, but changes in other parts of the mod may impact her. I haven't tested this.
10. Thank you.

If you don't feel like bug hunting ...

... (or even if you do, I guess), you can also help by tossing some ideas around for a troll quest. Hopefully these ideas won't involve a cave or mysterious potions with hitherto unknown and wondrous properties that can only be made by an NPC with no possibility of the player ever learning the recipe. Specific ideas for Jarl party scenarios are also needed. Dialogue writing is also very welcome. For example, dialogue with guests during a party really needs to be expanded.

What's next

- Bug fixes.
- Dialogue. The shelf life of this mod is dependent on dialogue and new situations. I'm editing all existing dialogue and adding new as needed.
- Give the player the option to develop a relationship with Thaena. As I have it now, Thaena and the player are fully equal business partners operating the Mansion. It seems natural to build on that relationship.
- Submissive players looking for some verbal abuse will get plenty from the customers. But never from Thaena, Jala, or Jesper. This is going to be a long-term, ongoing project. Ideas and dialogue contributions are, as always, welcome.
- Allow the player to approach NPCs directly to see what kind of private show they want. (Players will still need to go to Thaena for main quests, parties, and side quests.)

Conflicts

This is going to conflict with Jmather's Redux. It's not that I want them to conflict, and I am considering ways to make them not conflict, but for the foreseeable future, they will.

There are claims that SexLab Dialogues conflicts with Animal Mansion but I have never had problems with Dialogues and am very skeptical of such claims.

There also seems to be some suspicion of a conflict with Live Another Life. Ditto my remarks re Dialogues. I use them both with no problems attributable to either.

Permissions

Whatever. If you want to translate this, I would urge you not to unless you really really love translating. Dialogue will be undergoing massive changes in the next several versions, not to mention new content.

And with that information overload, I'll call it a day and thanks again to anyone with the nerve to test this.

EDIT: The current version can be found here.

If you uninstalled the version obtained from this post manually: Two scripts did not have the NA_ prefix. Check your scripts directories (data/scripts and data/scripts/source) just to make sure that scripts named "SabreCatStage20TriggerBoxScript" and "ChaurusStage20TriggerBoxScript" (both pex and psc for each) are not still hanging around.

Events here and elsewhere over the last several weeks notwithstanding, I decided to go ahead with my own version of the continuation of Animal Mansion. Changes from the last version by sky_mds (0.6e) include:

Cosmetic

- replaced Mara and Dibella statues with vanilla assets

- replaced shadow casting lights with their non-shadow casting equivalents

Slightly More Than Cosmetic

- fixed errors given by the CK when loading the esp (e.g., faction reaction errors)

- set bed ownership for player and Thaena and bedroom doors are locked until later in the main quest

- dialogue edits too numerous to catalogue

Significant

- removed Jesper from opening quest. He'll be back in a later version.

- rewrote chaurus quest so player doesn't have to speak with the Falmer shaman.

- rewrote bear quest so player doesn't have to kill anything

- created quest for sabre cat

- restored some inactive dialogue and fleshed out the rest of the dialogue in the NA_PS_Draugr quest (the one with NPC Sordid). This one is pretty freaky (and no I am not a necrophile, just a draugrphile :P) but it gave me some good ideas for future draugr quests.

And a bunch more that I can't remember right now.

I'm at a point where I could really use some help with bug testing. If you'd like to help please note the following:

1. NMM should be able to install/uninstall this (I have no idea about MO). Nothing should be overwritten when installing, so if you are asked to overwrite something say "no" and let me know about it. The attached zip file contains "loose" scripts. Every script in this mod contains the prefix "NA_" so if you uninstall this you can check the scripts directories for any scripts that may be hanging around. But there shouldn't be any if you use NMM (as I do).

2. Do us both a favor and use a save that has never had any version of Animal Mansion on it (including any version of the original and/or Jmathers' Redux).

3. In the MCM, set the number of quests needed to start the next stage of the main quest to zero. After that, save, quit, and reload (not strictly necessary but it has helped solve some glitches for me.)

4. If you can, check the main quest from start to finish.

5. If you don't have time for all of that, please spot check the bear and/or sabre cat and/or chaurus quests and/or the draugr quest (console: startquest NA_PS_Draugr). Whatever you can manage.

6. If you get stuck in the main quest because Thaena is missing the necessary dialogue, please note the values of the global variables "NA_MQAvailable" and "NA_MainQuestState", let me know what animal you got stuck on, and the values of those variables. (Just go to the console and use "help VariableName".) If NA_MQAvailable is zero, set it to one (console: set NA_MQAvailable to 1) and you should be good to go.

7. Looking for creative ways to break things is a low priority for now, so just do what the quests prompt you to do. There are quest markers for everything (except toward the end of the chaurus quest when I got tired of making quest objectives to talk to Abelone).

8. Follower support is an even lower priority so please don't report issues with followers.

9. There may be problems with Jala and her doing private shows. I haven't touched this part of the mod, but changes in other parts of the mod may impact her. I haven't tested this.

10. Thank you.

If you don't feel like bug hunting ...

... (or even if you do, I guess), you can also help by tossing some ideas around for a troll quest. Hopefully these ideas won't involve a cave or mysterious potions with hitherto unknown and wondrous properties that can only be made by an NPC with no possibility of the player ever learning the recipe. Specific ideas for Jarl party scenarios are also needed. Dialogue writing is also very welcome. For example, dialogue with guests during a party really needs to be expanded.

What's next

- Bug fixes.

- Dialogue. The shelf life of this mod is dependent on dialogue and new situations. I'm editing all existing dialogue and adding new as needed.

- Give the player the option to develop a relationship with Thaena. As I have it now, Thaena and the player are fully equal business partners operating the Mansion. It seems natural to build on that relationship.

- Submissive players looking for some verbal abuse will get plenty from the customers. But never from Thaena, Jala, or Jesper. This is going to be a long-term, ongoing project. Ideas and dialogue contributions are, as always, welcome.

- Allow the player to approach NPCs directly to see what kind of private show they want. (Players will still need to go to Thaena for main quests, parties, and side quests.)

Conflicts

This is going to conflict with Jmather's Redux. It's not that I want them to conflict, and I am considering ways to make them not conflict, but for the foreseeable future, they will.

There are claims that SexLab Dialogues conflicts with Animal Mansion but I have never had problems with Dialogues and am very skeptical of such claims.

There also seems to be some suspicion of a conflict with Live Another Life. Ditto my remarks re Dialogues. I use them both with no problems attributable to either.

Permissions

Whatever. If you want to translate this, I would urge you not to unless you really really love translating. Dialogue will be undergoing massive changes in the next several versions, not to mention new content.

And with that information overload, I'll call it a day and thanks again to anyone with the nerve to test this.

attachicon.gifAnimalMansion_11072015A.zip

I will most definitely test this out when I get some decent amount of free time to play Skyrim again.

Might be more than a week, though... :(

Pleasing Paarthurnax still won't start for me. The quest is broken; it's not just that the quest doesn't start when Thaena gives it to me, I tried using the console to start it manually and it doesn't change the stage. Someone needs to fix that one, I thinks.

There seems to be a problem with the quest "Jala's Training", which is causing some of the other quests to break, including the party quests and maybe also Paarthurnax. I managed to fix it (at least for me) by resetting Jala's quest to stage 0, advancing it to stage 120 right away and then talk to Thaena to finish the quest normally. Now my party quests work again, I don't know if it works for the Paarthurnax quest, as i haven't played the main story far enough. Maybe it can also be fixed this way.

Same here, doesn't work for me either

How do i go about using console?  What's the quest ID for it?

Pleasing Paarthurnax still won't start for me. The quest is broken; it's not just that the quest doesn't start when Thaena gives it to me, I tried using the console to start it manually and it doesn't change the stage. Someone needs to fix that one, I thinks.

There seems to be a problem with the quest "Jala's Training", which is causing some of the other quests to break, including the party quests and maybe also Paarthurnax. I managed to fix it (at least for me) by resetting Jala's quest to stage 0, advancing it to stage 120 right away and then talk to Thaena to finish the quest normally. Now my party quests work again, I don't know if it works for the Paarthurnax quest, as i haven't played the main story far enough. Maybe it can also be fixed this way.

To get the quest ID, type "help JalaTraining" (without quotation marks) in the console. You will get a list with one line starting with QUST, this is the line with the quest ID. Then enter "setstage <ID> 0", close sonsole, open again, enter "setstage <ID> 120" and from there on finish the quest normally.

As I have said, this did not fix the Paarthurnax quest for me, however yesterday I finished the main quest line and now the Paarthurnax quest also works. I have no idea what is going on there, but I am happy :D.

Cool that you decided to work on this

main quests are progressing to fast

Its these lines you got attached at the end of each main quest

NA_MQAvailable.SetValue(1)

the way Sky made it is that variable is supposed to be set at 0 each time you pick a main quest (so another main quest wont be given) and after you complete x private shows it is set to 1 (and another main quest becomes available)

this function is supposed to be handling that

Function CheckJobCount()
UpdateCurrentInstanceGlobal(NA_NumJobs)
      UpdateCurrentInstanceGlobal(NA_JobCounter)
if( NA_JobCounter.GetValue() > NA_NumJobs.GetValue()) 
NA_MQAvailable.SetValue(1) ;Make next Main Quest available
NA_JobCounter.SetValue(1) ;Reset Job Counter
endif
endFunction

For relationship thing - this could be changed in starting quest

when you have the scene that you catch Thaena with Bailey player scene could be removed.

player would just say that this was some truely amazing sight and this hotel could be turned into a mansion

then Thaena would go to perform for the Jarl - player would accompany her as "encouragement".

Once you will be back at the mansion there could be that dialogue of "have you ever tried this"

and then Thaena could give player a couple of lessons.

this could serve for both forming a little bit of friendship right from the start and that player wont be jumping into deep water right away.

Cool that you decided to work on this

main quests are progressing to fast

Its these lines you got attached at the end of each main quest

NA_MQAvailable.SetValue(1)

the way Sky made it is that variable is supposed to be set at 0 each time you pick a main quest (so another main quest wont be given) and after you complete x private shows it is set to 1 (and another main quest becomes available)

this function is supposed to be handling that

Function CheckJobCount()
UpdateCurrentInstanceGlobal(NA_NumJobs)
      UpdateCurrentInstanceGlobal(NA_JobCounter)
if( NA_JobCounter.GetValue() > NA_NumJobs.GetValue()) 
NA_MQAvailable.SetValue(1) ;Make next Main Quest available
NA_JobCounter.SetValue(1) ;Reset Job Counter
endif
endFunction

For relationship thing - this could be changed in starting quest

when you have the scene that you catch Thaena with Bailey player scene could be removed.

player would just say that this was some truely amazing sight and this hotel could be turned into a mansion

then Thaena would go to perform for the Jarl - player would accompany her as "encouragement".

Once you will be back at the mansion there could be that dialogue of "have you ever tried this"

and then Thaena could give player a couple of lessons.

this could serve for both forming a little bit of friendship right from the start and that player wont be jumping into deep water right away.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

I added that line in the main quests because at every quest that variable failed to set properly. Since I couldn't see anything wrong with the function, or anything else sky_mds did, adding that line was the only solution I could think of. It's a hack to be sure, but I had no better ideas. Isn't my "solution" functionally equivalent to the original setup by sky_mds? I mean, the variable gets set when I need it to be set. Also, setting that variable to zero is handled by the functions sky_mds made. For whatever reason I had only trouble when it was supposed to be set to one. After that happened to me twice, I just went ahead and did it to all of the main quests.

Also, what do you mean the main quests are progressing too fast? When playing I always set the required number of quests to zero, just because I'm impatient like that, and I power through the main quests. EDIT: In fact I've been thinking about removing the need to do x jobs entirely.

Concerning the relationship - I like that idea. Thank you.

Also, what do you mean the main quests are progressing too fast?

That new main quest is available right away after finishing previous one...

EDIT: In fact I've been thinking about removing the need to do x jobs entirely.

...but if this is intended then nvm  ;) 

Also, what do you mean the main quests are progressing too fast?

That new main quest is available right away after finishing previous one...

EDIT: In fact I've been thinking about removing the need to do x jobs entirely.

...but if this is intended then nvm  ;) 

Ah, okay. I was afraid there was a performance issue at stake with me doing it this way. Anyway, thanks again, I know you're busy with your own pursuits and I appreciate it.

Normally just a lurker, but I just wanted to thank mybrainhurts for picking this up.

And I did a test run from a fresh start last night.  I run a pretty heavily scripted game so I expect hiccups even when a mod is running perfectly.

My only issue so far is on the Sabrecat quest.  I have the good old problem of not being able to interact with the thing once I get in to the cave.  I press 'e' and no options pop up (worked for absolutely everything else up to that point).  I haven't done Jala's sidequest yet, just the main story chain on a fresh character starting at the beginning.

Right now I'm seeing if it is a load-order thing, a mod conflict, or possibly just some kind of script lag.  I've tried reloading a handful of times to no avail.  I just can't interact with the durn thing.

I don't know what it is about animals in caves, but they always seem to be the odd sticking point in this mod (same issue with the old version of the bear quest, same issue with interacting with the Falmer).  Probably just an odd coincidence.

Either way, good luck and keep up the great work.

[resumes lurking]

Normally just a lurker, but I just wanted to thank mybrainhurts for picking this up.

And I did a test run from a fresh start last night.  I run a pretty heavily scripted game so I expect hiccups even when a mod is running perfectly.

My only issue so far is on the Sabrecat quest.  I have the good old problem of not being able to interact with the thing once I get in to the cave.  I press 'e' and no options pop up (worked for absolutely everything else up to that point).  I haven't done Jala's sidequest yet, just the main story chain on a fresh character starting at the beginning.

Right now I'm seeing if it is a load-order thing, a mod conflict, or possibly just some kind of script lag.  I've tried reloading a handful of times to no avail.  I just can't interact with the durn thing.

I don't know what it is about animals in caves, but they always seem to be the odd sticking point in this mod (same issue with the old version of the bear quest, same issue with interacting with the Falmer).  Probably just an odd coincidence.

[resumes lurking]

Surrounding the cat is a very large trigger box which should start a dialogue scene with the sabre cat when you enter it. You shouldn't have to interact with the cat at all, and the box is enormous so that if you're simply near the cat it should start. You're the second person to report this problem so it could be something I've done wrong, although it works for me every time. The other person also mentioned they have a heavily-modded/scripted game as well so perhaps that's a factor. (My load order is extremely light since I started working on this.)

If you want to push through to the next stage just type "setstage na_mq_sabrecat 30" in the console.

Trigger boxes are also used in the bear and chaurus quests. If the bear quest worked smoothly for you then that trigger box functioned correctly. I also used a trigger box in the chaurus quest, so hopefully that one will also work.

EDIT: Actually, I have an idea as to why the boxes might fail in the sabre cat and chaurus quests but work in the bear quest. I'll try a solution in the next update.

[resumes lurking]

Surrounding the cat is a very large trigger box which should start a dialogue scene with the sabre cat when you enter it. You shouldn't have to interact with the cat at all, and the box is enormous so that if you're simply near the cat it should start. You're the second person to report this problem so it could be something I've done wrong, although it works for me every time. The other person also mentioned they have a heavily-modded/scripted game as well so perhaps that's a factor. (My load order is extremely light since I started working on this.)

If you want to push through to the next stage just type "setstage na_mq_sabrecat 30" in the console.

Trigger boxes are also used in the bear and chaurus quests. If the bear quest worked smoothly for you then that trigger box functioned correctly. I also used a trigger box in the chaurus quest, so hopefully that one will also work.

EDIT: Actually, I have an idea as to why the boxes might fail in the sabre cat and chaurus quests but work in the bear quest. I'll try a solution in the next update.

Good to hear, because the trigger box failed me in the Chaurus quest as well.  I entered the area and nothing happened, so if it is using the same method as the Sabrecat quest then you are probably correct in your hunch since the bear quest went off without a hitch.

Okay. The trigger boxes weren't working because I didn't include in the download the scripts needed for them to work. So the good news is it was just a stupid clerical error, not some technical deficiency on my part. The attached version has these scripts so you can now enjoy the sabre cat and chaurus quests in their full glory. :lol:

If you uninstalled the previous version by hand searching for scripts with the NA_ prefix, you'll need to check your scripts directories to make sure the pex and psc files for "SabreCatStage20TriggerBoxScript" and "ChaurusStage20TriggerBoxScript" aren't still there. Basically I forgot to give those two scripts the NA_ prefix. This is now corrected in this download. If you installed/uninstalled with a mod manager this will not be an issue for you.

Last but not least, I had something resembling an "idea" for the troll quest and that should be done in a day or two. In the meantime I'd love to hear some ideas for a Jarl party. Please?

AnimalMansion_13072015_A.zip

You do realize a quest involving a troll invariably also has to have something to do with a bridge, yes? :angel:

Exactly! That's as far as my train of thought took me before it derailed and I hit on another idea that isn't very troll-like at all.

But did you have thoughts about a quest involving a bridge? :lol:

You do realize a quest involving a troll invariably also has to have something to do with a bridge, yes? :angel:

Exactly! That's as far as my train of thought took me before it derailed and I hit on another idea that isn't very troll-like at all.

Not at the moment. But let me ask this: what is more troll than the troll trolling the troll? :shy:

So something not involving a bridge may actually be better than feeding the troll.

Something tells me that's going to be a bit of a red herring. ;)

*Disclaimer* Anybody who has played Monkey Island will hopefully get the reference. *Disclaimer*

No particular reason there has to be just one troll quest, ya?

Hey, I'd be happy to do dialog for you, I"m good at that. I'll think about a jarl party script. A number of those guys/gals are decadent enough for such a party. But they'd probably want you to set it up, find, um, paid help, and so forth. Also Elenwen. I bet her private life is nasty.

i have a question regarding the creatures 101 college quest. I think there's some dialogue in there that's not being used, the cause may be it was rigged to trigger for a stage that the quest never reaches since it is marked as complete at a previous stage. If it can be restored or remade to work as intended that would be nice.

i have a question regarding the creatures 101 college quest. I think there's some dialogue in there that's not being used, the cause may be it was rigged to trigger for a stage that the quest never reaches since it is marked as complete at a previous stage. If it can be restored or remade to work as intended that would be nice.

I haven't gotten to the college quest yet but in general getting unused dialogue into play is the plan.

I looked it up through the Creation Kit. It's a pain to do, but it got me to where I am now--nowhere.

I looked it up through the Creation Kit. It's a pain to do, but it got me to where I am now--nowhere.

All of the data for AM has the prefix NA_.  Typing Help NA_ in console will probably give you all the quest IDs right at the bottom.