Guess This Location.

12 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the Four Shields.  Oddly it was the garden behind the house at 10 oclock that helped me, since I have that town modded with both ETaC and a scenic overhaul that puts trees between the inn and the road fork.

That's what did it for me also, since I too have ETaC installed :tongue:

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

I don't think Nimhe was too happy when we met though

Don't worry ... she has many lives (flips back in the diary) .... she last appeared to die in the evening of the 2nd of Hearthfire 4E201.

An educated scholar could probably deduce the cause of death by the many arrows sticking in her hard skin, the superficial burnings and the slight smell of ozone in the room.

For the uneducated peasants it will probably develop into a folk tale ... maybe something about an unknown woman, born and raised by dragons, who killed that beast with ease and probably her voice alone ...

Same stuff that the village dwellers always tell each other over some cheap mead if they can't understand it. :classic_wink:

Here is a trio of shots I've been waiting to post and finally had some time.

Looking down a hole...

Do you like lichen? Someone here does...

I hope you did not expect the comfy chair... (and the lack of Spaniards will go without comment).

da hole.jpg

like lichen.jpg

not the comfy chair.jpg

26 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Top pic is one of those where I can't recall the name. Is there a dead Breton on the rubble at the bottom of the hole?

Second pic I've no idea.

Third is the Thalmor room/mini-barracks/quarters in Understone Keep.

There was a dead someone down there. I don't remember if it was a breton or might be random.  I'll leave it unnamed so someone else can chip in.

Correct on the third one. Oddly sometimes the thalmor follower soldiers will spawn in Calcelmo's area and come running through the keep to join up with Ondolemar.

On 6.3.2018 at 3:49 PM, Grey Cloud said:

The signpost says Oakwood so that would be one mod.

Just in case someone was still wondering "where the f&/§ is Oakwood" or "what does it look like" :

ScreenShot410.thumb.jpg.8a5084f74081a8fd62dbb368d5ee0f87.jpg

That other roadsign from the earlier screenshot is straight ahead :classic_smile:

32 minutes ago, worik said:

Just in case someone was still wondering "where the f&/§ is Oakwood" or "what does it look like" :

That other roadsign from the earlier screenshot is straight ahead :classic_smile:

Which mod do you have that adds the location? I found a "Forgotten Settlements" on Nexus but it includes quite a few other locations that might conflict with some other mods I have.

It was one of the earlier mods in Skyrim.

But as far as I know it's still only available on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100934504

2012' vintage for the HF edition

There are some good guides out there how to add a steam mod into a mod manager like MO or NMM without corrupting your precious skyrim setup.

Edit:

And yes, I have the same issue with forgotten settlements. It modifies the wrong locations in it's packages and I can't isolate the usable ones - lack of CK skill and lack of time to learn it on my end.

That's why I still stick with that good old one ... and 3 more of those :classic_smile:

Edit-Edit:

I just took a look in my MO folder. Oakwood consists of tos_oakwood_hf.bsa and tos_oakwood_hf.esp file. So it should be fairly easy to strip it out of your Skyrim folder, once you got it from steam. The esp needs a cleaning from ITMs and UDRs before you use it.