Submit + Devious Devices Progression DAYMOYL Mod

NEW BETA ISSUES

I'm now moving in to the realms of modifying all aspects of the Submit mod. Therefore I've used the original .esp of Submit so I can get to grips with changing everything. For some reason my Creation Kit messes everything up if I try and use a separate .esp

Were you trying to use another esp as a master? If you use Wrye Bash to ESMify the esp you want to use it changes a flag in the file so the CK will think it is an esm and allow it to be used as a master. I had to do that while making my mods when Integration was an esp.

NEW BETA ISSUES

I'm now moving in to the realms of modifying all aspects of the Submit mod. Therefore I've used the original .esp of Submit so I can get to grips with changing everything. For some reason my Creation Kit messes everything up if I try and use a separate .esp

Were you trying to use another esp as a master? If you use Wrye Bash to ESMify the esp you want to use it changes a flag in the file so the CK will think it is an esm and allow it to be used as a master. I had to do that while making my mods when Integration was an esp.

Ahhh....that might have been the problem, thanks  :)

This might not be relevant any longer in the beta version.

But a few pages back someone wrote something about auto release from bondage pos / tied up pos,

is becouse combat triggers for a tiny moment and char get released,

if this is the case would it be possible to add something to the script to not release just becouse of combat but instead if X amount of hp is lost (if indeed its the problem, this would prolly solve it).

For those of us that get still in combat issue.

This might not be relevant any longer in the beta version.

But a few pages back someone wrote something about auto release from bondage pos / tied up pos,

is becouse combat triggers for a tiny moment and char get released,

if this is the case would it be possible to add something to the script to not release just becouse of combat but instead if X amount of hp is lost (if indeed its the problem, this would prolly solve it).

For those of us that get still in combat issue.

I think this was caused by devious devices animations kicking in. I now suppress them which seemed to solve the problem.

You may still find that if someone attacks you while bound that you will drop out of the bound animation and be free (even though Submit still thinks your bound), but I haven't had that problem for a while and it can be reduced by setting the range slider to 1000 - 2000.

Been a while since I did an update so here's a quick one that includes something I've wanted to put in Submit for a while...

1. There is now a 50% chance that if you set Steal Player Gear ON that your attacker will sell your items before you escape. At the moment they will be sold to Belethor in Whiterun but I plan to expand this to include vendors in all major cities. The idea being you'll have to work out where they were sold and tush to find them before the shop sells them and they are lost forever. Only people will sell items. Draugr, Giants etc will just keep your stuff, I mean, when was the last time you saw a Draugr in a shop?

2. SPIDER SUPPORT! Getting knocked down by a spider will result in you being bound in a cocoon and you can try to wriggle your way out. At the moment spiders will also steal your gear (and possibly sell it) if you have Steal Player Gear ON. I'll sort that shortly :)

Do you know this great mod for Spiders?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28523-arachnophobia-expansion/

It's very similiar to what you describe as Spider Support. but the spiders even abduct and eat you if you can't get free :)

I did try it actually, as well a Ms Leeches arachnaphobia which basically turned the spider spit attack into insta. cocoon then death due to the poison!

Neither integrated very well with submit so I thought I'd add in the cocoon animations to extend the bound poses system.

Skyrim is crashing once it reaches the main menu when I try and load it up with the new version, not sure if it's just an issue with my setup or if other people are having the same problem.

EDIT: Reverting back to the previous version of the mod does not cause the crash, so the issue is with this new version. Any advice?

1. There is now a 50% chance that if you set Steal Player Gear ON that your attacker will sell your items before you escape. At the moment they will be sold to Belethor in Whiterun but I plan to expand this to include vendors in all major cities. The idea being you'll have to work out where they were sold and tush to find them before the shop sells them and they are lost forever. Only people will sell items. Draugr, Giants etc will just keep your stuff, I mean, when was the last time you saw a Draugr in a shop?

I really don't like this idea, or at least the lost forever part. There's a lot of gear that's unique and cannot be replaced without cheating if they're just removed.

2. SPIDER SUPPORT! Getting knocked down by a spider will result in you being bound in a cocoon and you can try to wriggle your way out. At the moment spiders will also steal your gear (and possibly sell it) if you have Steal Player Gear ON. I'll sort that shortly :)

200_s.gif

I really don't like this idea, or at least the lost forever part. There's a lot of gear that's unique and cannot be replaced without cheating if they're just removed.

I agree, this option is not really for everyone and should be toggle-able.

Finally got the script compiling to work. There's a bug with the plugs

[Zad]: EquipDevice() called for one device, while already wearing another:[Keyword ]

that I managed to fix, if you want to add it in for the next version.

It's happening because the calls you're making to add plugs have the same keyword zad_DeviousPlug, causing the second one to fail:

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgemVag, libs.plugSoulgemVag, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)
Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgemAn, libs.plugSoulgemAn, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)

Replacing the two lines above by the one below will add a set of two plugs to the player as a single item, and fix the error message.

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgem, libs.plugSoulgemRendered, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)

I also added code for the chastity bra if you want to add it to progression:

;reequip all devious devices if they have been removed (steal player items fix)

Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice(PlayerRef,libs.zad_DeviousBra)

ElseIf !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBra)

debug.Notification("The lock clicks into place as the padded bra tightens around your chest.")
    Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.braPadded, libs.braPaddedRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBra, false, false)

Skyrim is crashing once it reaches the main menu when I try and load it up with the new version, not sure if it's just an issue with my setup or if other people are having the same problem.

EDIT: Reverting back to the previous version of the mod does not cause the crash, so the issue is with this new version. Any advice?

Got similiar problem but no crash on main menu but on load any save

You can always turn Steal Player Gear OFF. :) I will try and workout how to add it into the MCM menu, but for the moment this is how it works. Don't forget, you've just escaped death so there should be some penalty. Without this mod you would have died and had to reload your last save so if you've lost a unique item just do the same :)

Finally got the script compiling to work. There's a bug with the plugs

[Zad]: EquipDevice() called for one device, while already wearing another:[Keyword ]

that I managed to fix, if you want to add it in for the next version.

It's happening because the calls you're making to add plugs have the same keyword zad_DeviousPlug, causing the second one to fail:

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgemVag, libs.plugSoulgemVag, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgemAn, libs.plugSoulgemAn, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)

Replacing the two lines above by the one below will add a set of two plugs to the player as a single item, and fix the error message.

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.plugSoulgem, libs.plugSoulgemRendered, libs.zad_DeviousPlug, false, false)

I also added code for the chastity bra if you want to add it to progression:

;reequip all devious devices if they have been removed (steal player items fix)

Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice(PlayerRef,libs.zad_DeviousBra)

ElseIf !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(libs.zad_DeviousBra)

debug.Notification("The lock clicks into place as the padded bra tightens around your chest.")

Libs.EquipDevice(PlayerRef,libs.braPadded, libs.braPaddedRendered, libs.zad_DeviousBra, false, false)

Thanks for the code. In the new Devious Devices you can have individual plugs now (I never got round to detecting male or female) which was why I was adding two at the same time and it always worked for me. I was fairly sure the old twin plug set was gone which was why I stopped using it, but I'll have another look.

I never liked the chastity bra....but as soon as I've got MCM sorted for selecting which items you want it'll make a return.

Got similiar problem but no crash on main menu but on load any save

I am delving right into the depths of Submit's code now. It works for me (although I often get a few crashes when loading a save game...this is quite common for Skyrim but they do load eventually) but depending on which version of Submit your upgrading to and any number of other things it may be best to start a new game which is how I test things out.

Been a while since I did an update so here's a quick one that includes something I've wanted to put in Submit for a while...

Doesn't work for me spiders just go through normal gear progression instead of a coccoon

Thanks for the code. In the new Devious Devices you can have individual plugs now (I never got round to detecting male or female) which was why I was adding two at the same time and it always worked for me. I was fairly sure the old twin plug set was gone which was why I stopped using it, but I'll have another look.

I believe I read in the DD threads that the twin plug is being deprecated. It still exists so old mods and old saves that have them aren't broken, but they want to move over to the dual system. I would suspect at some point in time the twin plug will go away, once all the mods and save have had plenty of time to move over to the individual plugs.

I am delving right into the depths of Submit's code now. It works for me (although I often get a few crashes when loading a save game...this is quite common for Skyrim but they do load eventually) but depending on which version of Submit your upgrading to and any number of other things it may be best to start a new game which is how I test things out.

Can you maybe try to enable the following two things for submit as MCM options? :

-Group rape

-A minimum health threshold limit beyond which submit doesn't trigger. This would be awesome for SD+, Defeat has this feature and if you set Defeat to kick in at 20-40% health for example and SD+ enslavement at <10% health they work together very nicely, if you fail to escape after the Defeat rapes you are likely enslaved the second time then :). Whereas Submit and SD+ are currently either/or because Submit keeps trying to execute its scripts when SD+ should take over.

Don't know if its just me or not but after updating my character doesn't submit anymore.  If she gets downed it just says the bleeding out thing and that your wounds are mortal.  The submit hotkey also doesn't work.

The same here...

There does see to be an issue within Submit's code where it will trigger the "Your wounds are mortal" even when it shouldn't. I found using the TIM command to be most useful and this seems to sort the problem out. It's definitely an issue with the autosurrender system letting you die when it shouldn't.

UPDATE

After a bit of digging around I think I can see where the problem lies. The auto submit system is basically triggering the "your wounds are mortal..." message when it shouldn't be.

I've uploaded a BETA version for anyone who wishes to try to isolated where the problem lies. Essentially I've deactivated the entire "your wounds are mortal..." section of code. The upside of this is that I don't die randomly when knocked down...however, the downside is that you can definitely see Submit struggling to do what it is suppose to and some times  nothing will happen and you'll return to combat straight away.

For me, and I hope other people might confirm this, is if you get knocked down the 1st time it will work then the 2nd it won't 3rd It will etc that would indicate a setting somewhere not being reset or a cool down of some sort.

You can always turn Steal Player Gear OFF. :) I will try and workout how to add it into the MCM menu, but for the moment this is how it works. Don't forget, you've just escaped death so there should be some penalty. Without this mod you would have died and had to reload your last save so if you've lost a unique item just do the same :)

Except that in every other Submit mod it works fine without permanent gear loss when Steal Player Gear is active and that is the penalty. The feature existed before your mod hence I wouldn't have lost anything permanently at all. You're the one who's changing how it works.

There does see to be an issue within Submit's code where it will trigger the "Your wounds are mortal" even when it shouldn't. I found using the TIM command to be most useful and this seems to sort the problem out. It's definitely an issue with the autosurrender system letting you die when it shouldn't.

UPDATE

After a bit of digging around I think I can see where the problem lies. The auto submit system is basically triggering the "your wounds are mortal..." message when it shouldn't be.

I've uploaded a BETA version for anyone who wishes to try to isolated where the problem lies. Essentially I've deactivated the entire "your wounds are mortal..." section of code. The upside of this is that I don't die randomly when knocked down...however, the downside is that you can definitely see Submit struggling to do what it is suppose to and some times  nothing will happen and you'll return to combat straight away.

For me, and I hope other people might confirm this, is if you get knocked down the 1st time it will work then the 2nd it won't 3rd It will etc that would indicate a setting somewhere not being reset or a cool down of some sort.

I'll give it a try in an hour or so and let you know.

Except that in every other Submit mod it works fine without permanent gear loss when Steal Player Gear is active and that is the penalty. The feature existed before your mod hence I wouldn't have lost anything permanently at all. You're the one who's changing how it works.

Revert to an older version then problem solved ;)

That's really the whole point of this mod....to extend and change how Submit / Submit + DD work.

If you don't like the chance you might loose a unique then use vanilla Submit or one of the original Submit + DD versions, or wait till the MCM is available for this mod, or even revert to an earlier version of this mod...I think I left an old stable version up just in case I borked a release completely :)

It's actually not even proven that you will loose anything anyway as I think the alterations I made to Belethor's chest may well stop it refreshing overtime (I just put that in to err on the side of caution).

[EDIT]

Ninja'd by aareyn