Submit + Devious Devices Progression DAYMOYL Mod

I finally succeeded to get to the armbinder stage with the 1.42 version.

the fact the devious item are not removed and readded seems to mostly solve the slowdown problem that plagued me with the previous version and screwed the whole succession of stages.

there is something clearly fishy with the calls to DD Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice, I dont understand why it takes that much time to re-equip the devices :/ (I havent investigated what that functions exactly does yet)

though, im still having some "problems", as the "auto-escape" effect happens to me also in the "progression" mode. Aareyn sounded like it was only a problem with the other mode ("hardcore"), but the line

";Set the global bound value to 0 so that everything know you've already escaped due to the armbinder"

seems to suggest this is a normal behavior when reaching a stage with the armbidner (6/7)

and that cause some side effect, when im wearing the armbinder, but my arms are not in it, and my equipped state in my inventory is not in sync anymore with what I have on my character in 3D.

could you possibly add some kind of waiting stage after the calls to Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice to be sure the devices are correctly put back before continuing the script execution? that would be at line 56 in _slsubmitboundeffect.psc and possibly line 199 too (after the Libs.EquipDevice), which seems to be the cause of my current problem of mixed up state of equipped item.

So with the new update, when does your equipment go to the store? If you escape and immediately kill the person who stole it from you, will you still have to rebuy it?

It goes straight away. It's not very realistic but I shall be tweaking the mod so at the end of the attack you'll be knocked out for a few hours giving your attacker time to sell stuff :)

Love the work, what i've seen of it ^_^

the thing is, i have dd assests and int are latest, just updated the latest progression.

Don't know if it matters but do you use 29MAR version of submit?

and just before updating yours, i updated zaz anims to 551. There were some script changes could those be the cause?

I'm using the very latest version of submit, but I've also had to modify a script in the latest version of Devious Devices - Integration to prevent animations causing you to become unbound. If you install Devious Devices after Progressive Bondage then the modified script with be overwritten so you need to make sure you always reinstall Progressive Bondage last :)

I appreciate it, but unfortunately, it's more than just the "You're still in combat!" message. That message is actually an internal Submit error that causes the following issues:

• Enemies will not return to their original patrols after a sex animation, as they're still trying to target you (but failing because the mod doesn't let them aggro). This makes escape pretty silly as enemies are constantly staring at you and you can't properly sneak away after freeing yourself.
  • If you're knocked down by several opponents, you'll get a sex animation with the first one, then the error will kick in and cause the other enemies' behavior to break and skip their turns, so you'll go straight to the bound pose after sex with the first opponent. This completely destroys the purpose of multiple enemies in Submit's context.
  • Enemy aggro will occasionally break through the mod's preventive measures, causing the bounds to immediately break after a scene, resuming combat.

And worst of all, the creator of Submit doesn't have this bug if I recall correctly, so despite multiple reports, there's little hope for a fix. It's been said that having script-heavy mods running, like Frostfall and RND, is what triggers the latest versions of Submit to break, and while I do have those exact two mods and more, I can't really sacrifice those just for the sake of being able to run the latest Submit properly, especially when it ran fine in earlier versions..

I wish I could try and fix these kinds of issues as I know a fair bit of programming, but I can't seem to get the Creation Kit to run without a crazy amount of warnings and errors right as I start it or try to compile anything. I guess I'll have to take an evening off to figure out what I'm doing wrong with it.

Yeah, I don't have this bug either. Submit runs flawlessly for me (however, it hasn't always done. Sometimes it just gets screwed up. Try the new BETA2 as that does seem to run better as everything is inside one .esp (I think there may have been issues with submit belt.esp as I couldn't actually save it from creation kit with out it breaking everything.

What you can also try is turning off multiple assaults (forget the actual option name maybe its random assaults). You'll still get each attacker taking their turn but they won't attack you while bound or detect a failed escape chance and should wonder off and resume their duties. However, if you hang around too long after escaping then they will aggro as normal. Also check what distance you are using to detect things (again can't remember the actual option name) The default setting of 500 can be too short meaning attackers don't get included in the scripts correctly. Try 1,000 or 2,000 as this should include all attackers in visual range.

Wouldn't that defeat the point of the script for the first 20-30 levels or so? I don't think it's even possible to be using 20,000 gold worth of equipment at that stage, so it would not be cost-effective to get the chest open, since you could just loot/craft/buy and enchant new gear.

I just think that in this particular case, it makes more sense to pick and choose what gear you want to buy back. After all, you don't necessarily need to buy back all the potions/food/etc you happened to be carrying when you got robbed. However, I'll definitely agree that Skyrim needs more money sinks.

A related question for Jim: Vendors refresh their inventory once in a while, as far as I know. What happens if a refresh occurs while Belethor has the player's gear?

I think it will have to remain that what ever the vendor deems is a fair price for the item is what you'll have to pay for it. If you can't afford your super fancy sword then go and pick some flowers and save up :) This way it automatically scales with the player. Loosing your starting gear isn't that bad as you can probably replace it with stuff lying around or it will be cheap to buy back but the more fancy your stuff the more it will cost but then you should have more money by then.

I actually really like the mechanic. Unlike others that are based on skill, this doesn't get any easier as you level up unless you dump points in to speechcraft (and who does that really?).

As for the shops resetting, I have a feeling that the option I changed for Belethor's chest will prevent it from ever refreshing (although I'm not 100% sure). However, if it does still refresh then I think that simulates the shop actually having more than 1 customer in Skyrim so don't take too long getting your stuff back :) We'll have to see if it becomes an issue when your stuff might end up in cities a long way from you, but hey....gives you a reason to run everywhere and fast travel is for milk drinkers...right? :)

I finally succeeded to get to the armbinder stage with the 1.42 version.

the fact the devious item are not removed and readded seems to mostly solve the slowdown problem that plagued me with the previous version and screwed the whole succession of stages.

there is something clearly fishy with the calls to DD Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice, I dont understand why it takes that much time to re-equip the devices :/ (I havent investigated what that functions exactly does yet)

though, im still having some "problems", as the "auto-escape" effect happens to me also in the "progression" mode. Aareyn sounded like it was only a problem with the other mode ("hardcore"), but the line

";Set the global bound value to 0 so that everything know you've already escaped due to the armbinder"

seems to suggest this is a normal behavior when reaching a stage with the armbidner (6/7)

and that cause some side effect, when im wearing the armbinder, but my arms are not in it, and my equipped state in my inventory is not in sync anymore with what I have on my character in 3D.

could you possibly add some kind of waiting stage after the calls to Libs.ReEquipExistingDevice to be sure the devices are correctly put back before continuing the script execution? that would be at line 56 in _slsubmitboundeffect.psc and possibly line 199 too (after the Libs.EquipDevice), which seems to be the cause of my current problem of mixed up state of equipped item.

Yes, when you get the armbinder then your are automatically set free. This is because it looks terrible (missing hands) if I put you in a bound pose while your wearing it. Hence you get instant freedom.

The reequip statements can actually be deleted now as I've fixed the problem from having Steal Player Gear set to OFF removing Devious Device from you. It now correctly follows you SexLab strip options. They shouldn't cause you any problems but I'll have a clear out of the scripts shortly when I release the new version now the BETA2 looks like it is working correctly.

Yes, when you get the armbinder then your are automatically set free. This is because it looks terrible (missing hands) if I put you in a bound pose while your wearing it. Hence you get instant freedom.

The reequip statements can actually be deleted now as I've fixed the problem from having Steal Player Gear set to OFF removing Devious Device from you. It now correctly follows you SexLab strip options. They shouldn't cause you any problems but I'll have a clear out of the scripts shortly when I release the new version now the BETA2 looks like it is working correctly.

mmm but the armbinder is still being unequipped / re-equipped (which is normal, otherwise, as you said, it would look silly).

I have the suspicion some of the DD function call are overly slow when the character inventory is quite heavy/full (by opposition to the usual "you are running too many mod/script" explanation). I will have a try this evening after dropping all my items somewhere.

mmm but the armbinder is still being unequipped / re-equipped (which is normal, otherwise, as you said, it would look silly).

I have the suspicion some of the DD function call are overly slow when the character inventory is quite heavy/full (by opposition to the usual "you are running too many mod/script" explanation). I will have a try this evening after dropping all my items somewhere.

Just enable "Steal Player Gear" and your attackers will take care of everything :P

Yeah, I don't have this bug either. Submit runs flawlessly for me (however, it hasn't always done. Sometimes it just gets screwed up. Try the new BETA2 as that does seem to run better as everything is inside one .esp (I think there may have been issues with submit belt.esp as I couldn't actually save it from creation kit with out it breaking everything.

What you can also try is turning off multiple assaults (forget the actual option name maybe its random assaults). You'll still get each attacker taking their turn but they won't attack you while bound or detect a failed escape chance and should wonder off and resume their duties. However, if you hang around too long after escaping then they will aggro as normal. Also check what distance you are using to detect things (again can't remember the actual option name) The default setting of 500 can be too short meaning attackers don't get included in the scripts correctly. Try 1,000 or 2,000 as this should include all attackers in visual range.

Thanks! I'll play around with these options and see if I can get Submit to behave.

if only they could also take care of the unremovable useless quest items that clutter my inventory ! but no they are too lazy for that !!! damn bandits, cant count on them

You can remove them via console if they're annoying you, all it takes is a quick Google search to find out what the item ID is. Doing this will most likely break your quests forever, though.

I noticed something about the armbinder:

it is added to the character when the character is still bound, before it escape, meaning for a moment, the character is wearing the armbinder but still running the bound animation, and that seems to be the cause of the problem I have:

on stage 6, the armbinder is rendered in my character, it is set as worn in my inventory, but I still can access my inventory, also, hitting the tab key trigger the perks screen.

as far as I know, that should not be the case, I should not be able to access my inventory and the tab key should trigger the armbinder special menu with the 3 options "remove" "struggle" and "endure". (please correct me if im wrong).

To fix this, I have to unequip the armbinder from the inventory, if im lucky that trigger the 3 options menu and seems to fix the state of the armbinder (ie. no access to inventory, tab trigger special armbinder menu). and sometimes it doesnt fix the state, and I havent found a way to fix it in that case.

on stage 7, pretty much the same as stage 6 happens, but the first time I reach that stage, in addition to the other problems I talked about above, the arms are not in the right position (ie. stuck in the armbinder), they have their normal position, though I have no hands.

Again, to fix this, I have to unequip the armbinder from the inventory, with the same fixed/not fixed possibility as stated above. I made some try with the armbinder, while being sure I wasnt in a fucked up state, and equipping it manually doesnt display any problem, everything behave correctly.

it seems there is still some kind of race condition between the call to wear the armbinder and the fact the player is still not free from the Submit's bound animation or something during that time frame.

btw I have tried with an empty inventory, which does seems to help a lot having everything happen more smoothly and timely, but sadly doesnt seems to fix the armbinder problem.

I will have a try with the previous version (1.41) and see if an empty inventory would have helped with the sever slowdown problems I had back then.

as far as I know, that should not be the case, I should not be able to access my inventory and the tab key should trigger the armbinder special menu with the 3 options "remove" "struggle" and "endure". (please correct me if im wrong).

You are only prevented from accessing your inventory if "Hardcore"-mode is enabled in the Devious Devices configuration.

I will have a try with the previous version (1.41) and see if an empty inventory would have helped with the sever slowdown problems I had back then.

oh yes!!!

on version 1.41, with an empty inventory, every device are put back at lightning speed and everything is working as it was supposed to!!!

so it was definitively not related to any kind of high scripts / heavy mods as most people seems to believe but more to do with the number of items you have in your inventory!

so, to anyone suffering from some slowdown effect when device are re-equipped (in this mod or another using DD items), chance are you have too many items in your inventory

FWIW, can I add tuppenceworth on the 'Submit doesn't work with the Hotkey or Auto Submit setting and it's all the fault of this mod, or that one' issue?

I have just spent three or four hours going from Valtheim towards Dragonsreach, trying every combination of recent versions of the base 'Submit' mod and the 'Submit+Devious Devices' and 'Submit+Devious Devices progression' mods, with and withour follower, Lydia in this case

I had innumerable punch-ups with a Slave Trader and his sidekick + intow slave,  :blush:  the first 'people' encountered on the way, all to no avail, :dodgy:  where every combat ended in bleedout for the PC, or PC + follower, and no submit 'aftereffects', 'afterglow', or any other glow other than my glowering frown, regardless of wait a while, save and reload or any other combo I could think of.  Merely some happy sword waving on the part of the antagonists, and a 'Let's do this again sometime', or not, depending on what might well have been whether they were waving their swords clockwise or anti clockwise. 

Having got back to Submit 20JAN14 and Submit + Devious Devices Progression 1.41 again, I got to the point where I no longer cared, :@  and set my PC off on the road to Whiterun.  Then, on an attack by a nasty black horny wolf, and because my PC had been in as bad a mood as not to wait until their health built up, well, blow me down, or maybe that should be beat me down, everything kicked in and fired off as it should have, with no blanks either, at least not that I could see

What it all seemed to boil down to was WHO was doing the attacking.  I had been trying it out on the Slave Trader and his mates from what I assume was the 'Slavegirls' ALPHAS mod available here.   Trying again with characters from OBIS and whichever mod that naughty wolf comes from worked fine, with both these mods in play.  Even that pesky dragon that hides out on the mountain there swooped and had his wicked way :shy:

So, the 'you are still in combat' and nothing otherwise untoward happens etc, well, to the extent that you expect the untoward to be initiated by the mod, it may be nothing to do with the mods and their compatibility, but rather who you are having your altercations with :-/

I CANNOT be absolutely sure that there is any racing certainty that guarantees this to be the cause of this sort of problem, but it may be worth checking by those who are having problems with getting anything working.  This help anyone? :idea:

Posted both here and on the main Submit mod as seems to be a common theme to both

most of the bondage gear works well, but so far, every time i have had the armbinder put on, i've had to use a ton of console hacks to get out.

it doesn't work properly, it doesn't remove even if you struggle a dozen times in a row, your arms clip in and out of it, and you can't even seem to surrender while wearing it (bandits just knock you down, then ignore you)

hell, even console commands don't work on it properly. 

unequipping via ID does nothing, and unequipall makes it LOOK unequipped, and lets you into your inventory, but the second you touch it (even to DROP it) it instantly re-equips.

also, talking to people to get it removed doesn't work. they all give the same "playing a game" line.

having your speech-craft maxed can work, but honestly, if you play without hacking via console, then why would it ever be that high?

my main character that i put 120+ hours into only had 60.

frankly, it just seems like more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

The new version is very nice.

I get the you are still in combat message sometimes, but submit played as it should.

The selling of your gear is another big plus.

I recommend using wear&tear in addition to the mod, makes losing to a larger group of enemies a truly interesting experience. At each failed round to escape the bindings another gangbang round starts, and you get another devious device, and wear&tear slows you down from all the rape, making escape even after successfully lockpicking the locks from submit difficult, possibly resulting in a recapture.

Magnificient, you are really happy now if you manage to escape after 2,3 or 4 rounds before the really evil devious devices and the severe slowdown from wear&tear and RND fuck you up so much that you have to wait for escape till everything is equipped. And before you escape then you get another round of abuse from deviously helpless.

Really nice how many stages between getting fucked up and getting really fucked up there are now in Skyrim as consequence of losing :)

most of the bondage gear works well, but so far, every time i have had the armbinder put on, i've had to use a ton of console hacks to get out.

it doesn't work properly, it doesn't remove even if you struggle a dozen times in a row, your arms clip in and out of it, and you can't even seem to surrender while wearing it (bandits just knock you down, then ignore you)

hell, even console commands don't work on it properly. 

unequipping via ID does nothing, and unequipall makes it LOOK unequipped, and lets you into your inventory, but the second you touch it (even to DROP it) it instantly re-equips.

also, talking to people to get it removed doesn't work. they all give the same "playing a game" line.

having your speech-craft maxed can work, but honestly, if you play without hacking via console, then why would it ever be that high?

my main character that i put 120+ hours into only had 60.

frankly, it just seems like more trouble than it's worth at the moment.

I can definitely confirm that with enough struggling or with enough asking, either you will get the armbinder off or someone will take it off for you. I have had people remove it for me without having anywhere near maxed speechcraft.

Maybe you aren't using the armbinder correctly. Once you get a message saying that the straps "feel loose" and the character stops playing the struggle animation, you must select the "take it off" option.

-OR-

The problem you described  might not be the default behavior of the armbinder. Rather, it might be a problem that happens when the item is improperly equipped. In my experience, this generally happens when many script heavy mods are causing your game to run slowly.

All DD items are actually composed of two items; one from the "assets" mod and one from the "integration" mod. When heavy scripting prevents these items from being equipped at the right time relative to each other, weird stuff happens, like being unable to re equip an item that you think you've unequipped, or the armbinder floating behind your back while your character's arms rest at their sides.

A way to fix this problem is to put all of your regular equipment into some container (you should still be able to use containers with the armbinder behind your back). Use showinv command to view all items still on your character- these will be the DD items and some other "hidden" things DD has equipped on you. Use the removeitem command to destroy all of these things. Then use the console to spawn new DD items and equip them.

To prevent the glitch from occurring in the first place, try not to equip DD items when your game is sluggish. Unfortunately this mod seems to be script heavy, so this glitch seems a little unavoidable when using this mod.

The problem you described  might not be the default behavior of the armbinder. Rather, it might be a problem that happens when the item is improperly equipped. In my experience, this generally happens when many script heavy mods are causing your game to run slowly.

All DD items are actually composed of two items; one from the "assets" mod and one from the "integration" mod. When heavy scripting prevents these items from being equipped at the right time relative to each other, weird stuff happens, like being unable to re equip an item that you think you've unequipped, or the armbinder floating behind your back while your character's arms rest at their sides.

A way to fix this problem is to put all of your regular equipment into some container (you should still be able to use containers with the armbinder behind your back). Use showinv command to view all items still on your character- these will be the DD items and some other "hidden" things DD has equipped on you. Use the removeitem command to destroy all of these things. Then use the console to spawn new DD items and equip them.

To prevent the glitch from occurring in the first place, try not to equip DD items when your game is sluggish. Unfortunately this mod seems to be script heavy, so this glitch seems a little unavoidable when using this mod.

there is something wrong with the armbinder and it happens only with this mod, and it's not related to heavy script or whatever, I have made enough tests to be sure of that.

there is something wrong with the armbinder and it happens only with this mod, and it's not related to heavy script or whatever, I have made enough tests to be sure of that.

Well I have been using this mod and haven't encountered such problems, except as I described above. Try a reinstall/using BOSS?

Well I have been using this mod and haven't encountered such problems, except as I described above. Try a reinstall/using BOSS?

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling cleanly serveral time already, same for Submit.

And I always run boss.

so far what I could observe is, depending of exactly when the armbinder is put on the character, problems occur or not.

and so far from what I observed, "when" the armbinder is put on the character depends of how many item I have in my inventory.

I have emptied my inventory of almost everything and now the armbinder seems to be put on too early.

with a full inventory (really full), I had other problems.

1.42 + Submit 11JAN14 + empty inventory = armbinder problems

this evening I will try to see how it behave with the armbinder in 1.41. A full inventory caused some heavy lag problems with 1.41 when reequipping the DD items. Emptying my inventory solved that, but I havent had the time last evening to reach the armbinder stage, I will see this evening.

then I will test 1.42 with newer version of Submit, and test with different quantity of items in my inventory and see how it behave.

I'v added a bit more info on this @

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19709-sexlab-submit-29mar14-0932/?p=743777

FWIW, can I add tuppenceworth on the 'Submit doesn't work with the Hotkey or Auto Submit setting and it's all the fault of this mod, or that one' issue?

I have just spent three or four hours going from Valtheim towards Dragonsreach, trying every combination of recent versions of the base 'Submit' mod and the 'Submit+Devious Devices' and 'Submit+Devious Devices progression' mods, with and withour follower, Lydia in this case

I had innumerable punch-ups with a Slave Trader and his sidekick + intow slave,  :blush:  the first 'people' encountered on the way, all to no avail, :dodgy:  where every combat ended in bleedout for the PC, or PC + follower, and no submit 'aftereffects', 'afterglow', or any other glow other than my glowering frown, regardless of wait a while, save and reload or any other combo I could think of.  Merely some happy sword waving on the part of the antagonists, and a 'Let's do this again sometime', or not, depending on what might well have been whether they were waving their swords clockwise or anti clockwise. 

Having got back to Submit 20JAN14 and Submit + Devious Devices Progression 1.41 again, I got to the point where I no longer cared, :@  and set my PC off on the road to Whiterun.  Then, on an attack by a nasty black horny wolf, and because my PC had been in as bad a mood as not to wait until their health built up, well, blow me down, or maybe that should be beat me down, everything kicked in and fired off as it should have, with no blanks either, at least not that I could see

What it all seemed to boil down to was WHO was doing the attacking.  I had been trying it out on the Slave Trader and his mates from what I assume was the 'Slavegirls' ALPHAS mod available here.   Trying again with characters from OBIS and whichever mod that naughty wolf comes from worked fine, with both these mods in play.  Even that pesky dragon that hides out on the mountain there swooped and had his wicked way :shy:

So, the 'you are still in combat' and nothing otherwise untoward happens etc, well, to the extent that you expect the untoward to be initiated by the mod, it may be nothing to do with the mods and their compatibility, but rather who you are having your altercations with :-/

I CANNOT be absolutely sure that there is any racing certainty that guarantees this to be the cause of this sort of problem, but it may be worth checking by those who are having problems with getting anything working.  This help anyone? :idea:

Posted both here and on the main Submit mod as seems to be a common theme to both

this evening I will try to see how it behave with the armbinder in 1.41. A full inventory caused some heavy lag problems with 1.41 when reequipping the DD items. Emptying my inventory solved that, but I havent had the time last evening to reach the armbinder stage, I will see this evening.

then I will test 1.42 with newer version of Submit, and test with different quantity of items in my inventory and see how it behave.

so, for all the tests under, I tried several time (at least 5 times each), and all results are consistent:

with 1.41 + Submit 11JAN14, I can *never* get to the armbinder stage. last stage is always the blindfold (5th stage)

with 1.42 + Submit 29MAR14, I can reach stage 6, the first time the armbinder is put on, everything is working perfectly.

but, on stage 7, when the armbinder is put on for the second time, when the armbinder is put on, the character doesnt auto-escape! (as it should, as stage 6) and the arms of my characters are not placed into the armbinder.

un-equipping the armbinder and re-equipping doesnt put the arms correctly.

but I found 2 ways to get it in order:

a) after un-equipping the armbinder, drop it on the ground, pick it up and equip it again.

b ) if a) doesnt work, un-equipping the armbinder, quicksave, reload, equip it again.

between a) and b ) I got it to work correctly again 100% of the time.

note: all these tests are done with "Multiple Assault Active" unchecked in Submit config.

as for Submit's "you are still in combat" bug, I have an idea, but I still need to make some tests.

I managed to compile a very basic script with the Creation Kit, but when I tried to move on to make an edit to Submit+DD, I got flooded with errors like:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "_slsubmitboundeffect"...

F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\_slsubmitboundeffect.psc(3,25): unknown type _slsubmitconfig

F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\_slsubmitboundeffect.psc(4,28): unknown type _slsubmitfunctions

<and another 200 or so lines of 'missing-reference' type errors  >

I get why these are popping up, but I can't figure out how I tell the Creation Kit to link the referenced classes in _SLSubmitBoundEffect,  to their respective Submit / Framework scripts. What am I doing wrong?

so, for all the tests under, I tried several time (at least 5 times each), and all results are consistent:

with 1.41 + Submit 11JAN14, I can *never* get to the armbinder stage. last stage is always the blindfold (5th stage)

with 1.42 + Submit 29MAR14, I can reach stage 6, the first time the armbinder is put on, everything is working perfectly.

but, on stage 7, when the armbinder is put on for the second time, when the armbinder is put on, the character doesnt auto-escape! (as it should, as stage 6) and the arms of my characters are not placed into the armbinder.

un-equipping the armbinder and re-equipping doesnt put the arms correctly.

but I found 2 ways to get it in order:

a) after un-equipping the armbinder, drop it on the ground, pick it up and equip it again.

b ) if a) doesnt work, un-equipping the armbinder, quicksave, reload, equip it again.

between a) and b ) I got it to work correctly again 100% of the time.

note: all these tests are done with "Multiple Assault Active" unchecked in Submit config.

as for Submit's "you are still in combat" bug, I have an idea, but I still need to make some tests.

Thanks for the thorough testing. I'll have a look and see why stage 7 is not working correctly

I managed to compile a very basic script with the Creation Kit, but when I tried to move on to make an edit to Submit+DD, I got flooded with errors like:

F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\_slsubmitboundeffect.psc(3,25): unknown type _slsubmitconfig

F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\_slsubmitboundeffect.psc(4,28): unknown type _slsubmitfunctions

I get why these are popping up, but I can't figure out how I tell the Creation Kit to link the referenced classes in _SLSubmitBoundEffect,  to their respective Submit / Framework scripts. What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you haven't opened all the required master files. By default Creation Kit only allows you to open 1 master file at a time. You'll need to do this...

In SkyrimEditor.ini (Skyrim folder) under [General]  set  bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

to open more than one at a time. Then when you open the .esp it should load all the other files required which should fix your missing links :)

Thanks for the thorough testing. I'll have a look and see why stage 7 is not working correctly

I fear it may be a timing problem, ie, the calls to DD functions take a certain time to be applied and depending of how much time it takes, it will be phased out with the other scripted event.

that would also explain why for some people it works perfectly fine and for other it break totally.

usually people blame heavy mods or orphaned scripts, but I also noticed an inventory with lots of items (for example, just keeping all the keys found in the game) slow down drastically the DD items equipping.

Sounds like you haven't opened all the required master files. By default Creation Kit only allows you to open 1 master file at a time. You'll need to do this...

In SkyrimEditor.ini (Skyrim folder) under [General]  set  bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

to open more than one at a time. Then when you open the .esp it should load all the other files required which should fix your missing links :)

That's not it, I already had that line in the .ini due a previous tutorial I followed. And in File->Data, all the submit_belt.esp dependencies are toggled on.

I do get a warning ("could not allocate full amount of memory for aiMaxLen") when I try to compile _slsubmitboundeffect.psc, so maybe that's what's causing the issue.

I fear it may be a timing problem, ie, the calls to DD functions take a certain time to be applied and depending of how much time it takes, it will be phased out with the other scripted event.

that would also explain why for some people it works perfectly fine and for other it break totally.

usually people blame heavy mods or orphaned scripts, but I also noticed an inventory with lots of items (for example, just keeping all the keys found in the game) slow down drastically the DD items equipping.

If we can identify exactly when it occurs in the script it may be possible to put a delay in there so it allows scripts to execute and catch up. I might try adding some delays in around the equipping statements to see if we can smooth things out.

That's not it, I already had that line in the .ini due a previous tutorial I followed. And in File->Data, all the submit_belt.esp dependencies are toggled on.

I do get a warning ("could not allocate full amount of memory for aiMaxLen") when I try to compile _slsubmitboundeffect.psc, so maybe that's what's causing the issue.

Oooh, that sounds a bit more serious. I'm afraid I've no idea :(

Oookay, I think I figured out what I'm doing wrong... much to my horror.

So if I get this right... when you're working on a mod that has dependencies, and those dependencies are .BSA files, you have to unpack them all and put their .psc scripts in your scripts/source folder?

I had foolishly assumed the Creation Kit would extract scripts automatically, but after I added Submit's source scripts to the folder manually, it stopped complaining about the unknown _slsubmit types. (still got a bunch of errors since I'll have to do the same for the Sexlab framework, SkyUI, etc) So just to make sure, I am supposed to be unpacking all the .psc files for the mods that depend on Submit+DD, yes?

Edit: So close! Managed to add all the scripts it was missing to compile stuff, but the sexlab framework decided to break the compiling regardless:

F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslThreadModel.psc(950,1): the parameter defaults of function sendthreadevent in state unlocked on script sslthreadmodel does not match the empty state
F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslThreadModel.psc(952,1): the parameter defaults of function make in state unlocked on script sslthreadmodel does not match the empty state
F:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\sslThreadController.psc(429,0): the parameter defaults of function centeroncoords in the empty state on script sslthreadcontroller do not match the parent script sslthreadmodel
No output generated for _slsubmitboundeffect, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on _slsubmitboundeffect

I wish I had the faintest clue what that means. :(