[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Step 1: You'll need a 3d software application suite.

Fixed that for you.

Step 2: Some experience in using 3d software application suite.

step 3:???????

step 4: profit!!!

I laughed out loud. The best use of gnomish I've read in quite a while!

Alright so, regarding Bodymorph. Right now it solely affects the player, since it's only there in showracemenu, not to mention it's only partially functional at best. Whereas Bodyslide 2 is fully functional and affects all the NPC's as well as you.

Now, would i be right in assuming that since you're planning to switch to Bodymorph despite that, it's planned to eventually outright replace Bodyslide, being able to modify body meshes in an external GUI like Bodyslide does (and/or easily allow the creation of custom body presets for specific NPC's for people to download)? Like going from the Sims 3 sliders to the Sims 4 manually moving stuff into position, that sort of thing?

If so, that's awesome as hell, but i'm still just wondering if it's a little premature to be switching over right now when Bodyslide works already.

Alright so, regarding Bodymorph. Right now it solely affects the player, since it's only there in showracemenu, not to mention it's only partially functional at best. Whereas Bodyslide 2 is fully functional and affects all the NPC's as well as you.

Now, would i be right in assuming that since you're planning to switch to Bodymorph despite that, it's planned to eventually outright replace Bodyslide, being able to modify body meshes in an external GUI like Bodyslide does (and/or easily allow the creation of custom body presets for specific NPC's for people to download)? Like going from the Sims 3 sliders to the Sims 4 manually moving stuff into position, that sort of thing?

If so, that's awesome as hell, but i'm still just wondering if it's a little premature to be switching over right now when Bodyslide works already.

Dunno, it's up to expired to finish the mod as he sees fit.

I'm just going to be making the morphs and stuff, if he has a working bodymorph when I'm done, I'll try porting it myself and see from there.

I'm not going to convert to bodyslide anymore because it is highly annoying to deal with right now, I might do it only after I finish my bodyslide Export MaxScript.

HDT Vag's

UV'ed and now somewhat done rigging (well more like just beginning to be skinned)

All that's left is to make the seamless skinning, and blend some areas better.

test2.png

Oh yea, the one thing I'm not going to be doing is texturing this thing.

Feel free to pm me or post here if your interested in texturing this, and I can send you the OBJ.

The model is based off of what came in UN7B, but retopo'd it for various reasons (the original had terrible mesh errors and was integrated into the body instead of kept stand-alone)

edit:

Additional info for the techies:

I decided to go with a quad bone setup for the main hole interaction (Picture 2 backwards V's like this: <>)

And I'm happy to say that this seems like it should work flawlessly with good results :)

If I can get physics done correctly that is.

blabs

I'm curious: what happened?

at first you were pretty stoked about this whole thing, and you've built quite a bit. I'm curious what happened to kill your mojo so hard?

I'm assuming it's not 'demand' or incessant repeats of FAQ, as i'm sure you've been around long enough to know how to deal with that.

Just curious is all. I will stfu f it's none of my business.

blabs

at first you were pretty stoked about this whole thing, and you've built quite a bit. I'm curious what happened to kill your mojo so hard?

I'm assuming it's not 'demand' or incessant repeats of FAQ, as i'm sure you've been around long enough to know how to deal with that.

Nothing much, I've always had modding as a hobby and knew at some point that I'm going to have to retire from it.

My computer crashing came at sort of an inopportune time and I lost a good amount of work that way.

Also, Skyrim's lost it's luster for me, it's just not a game I want to really play anymore or spend my break time on (Weird since I've only complete like 5 quests in the entire game)

I'll still try to finish this project since I started it, but chances are I'm not going to bother with the tedious stuff anymore (Linking all the bsd's and stuff)

Probably let it come out as a max file, and if time permits include a 3dsMax script for easy outfit conversions and direct bodyslide export features.

I found that the biggest thing holding back modders from actually modding is more or less the lack of good tools out there.

And often, we waste time because of this or trying to make our own tools. So I'd rather wait for a new game with better modding support then keep trudging along currently.

Nothing much, I've always had modding as a hobby and knew at some point that I'm going to have to retire from it.

My computer crashing came at sort of an inopportune time and I lost a good amount of work that way.

Also, Skyrim's lost it's luster for me, it's just not a game I want to really play anymore or spend my break time on (Weird since I've only complete like 5 quests in the entire game)

I'll still try to finish this project since I started it, but chances are I'm not going to bother with the tedious stuff anymore (Linking all the bsd's and stuff)

Probably let it come out as a max file, and if time permits include a 3dsMax script for easy outfit conversions and direct bodyslide export features.

I found that the biggest thing holding back modders from actually modding is more or less the lack of good tools out there.

And often, we waste time because of this or trying to make our own tools. So I'd rather wait for a new game with better modding support then keep trudging along currently.

If you really don't want to complete it maybe work on HDT body ;) make that body the most complete amazing CBBE body ever.

blabs

Tools, docs, examples. 

I recently started a work project with Django (python framework). MAN oh man. . . the documentation is excellent. everytime I google something for a deeper understanding, the top response is in the django docs, and it's absolutely relevant, readable and understandable. 

Skyrim scripting docs, on the other hand . . . it's like a ceremonial chant that's been handed down thru the generations: Nothing written, yet people know it. Its like pulling teeth to understand.

So yeah, i get you. Nevermind decent Tools... how about just tools. And docs. 

Burning out on a game/modding is only natural, best if you give it a rest and continue when/if you get desire to do so. I myself am currently looking into Dota2 toolset that was released yesterday, things look promising so far, not sure if thats your cup of tea but check it out if you have interest in map making  :cool:

Still big thanks for your tutorials and posts, which made me go into modding myself, really appreciate the work you've done. 

So I'd rather wait for a new game with better modding support then keep trudging along currently.

I can remember only one RPG ever that had better modding support than this one: Neverwinter Nights. And that's only because it was the only RPG ever built from the ground up with modding in mind. For the most part we have to be happy to get -anything- to work with, since modding is often unwanted by the developers anyway (why give people the power to make content when you can sell them overpriced DLCs instead?). And even in the (rare) cases it's accepted by the game's makers, it's usually an afterthought and not something that the devs invest a lot of budget in to get right.

I couldn't even think of any RPG slated for release in the near future that will have -any- sort of modding support. Sometimes I dream of a proper Neverwinter Nights 3 or a Elder Scrolls Construction Kit having assets to create advenures in any place of Tamriel with. Is either likely to happen? Probably not. :)

blabs

If I might chime in here. Since you're wanting to wait for a better game/modding support before continuing much further, why not make this body stable (moreso, because it's awesome already) and prepare it as much as possible for Elder Scrolls VI conversion? Because if you're the first bodymod for that title, specifically if THIS is the first bodymod for that title, no one's going to need another one and you'll have accomplished your goal of having a true universal body.

If I might chime in here. Since you're wanting to wait for a better game/modding support before continuing much further, why not make this body stable (moreso, because it's awesome already) and prepare it as much as possible for Elder Scrolls VI conversion? Because if you're the first bodymod for that title, specifically if THIS is the first bodymod for that title, no one's going to need another one and you'll have accomplished your goal of having a true universal body.

Hmm, people are mistaking me here.

I said I wouldn't plan on making any new mods or ideas for this game.

However, I still fully plan on finishing this mod for skyrim. (Don't plan on me converting armours is all)

I've spent too much and recieved too much help from others to not finish this mod.

belive i think alot body modders are waiting also newest fallout/skyrim just drop for that, i think the only think hes will save its the 3d modeling skills, because noone know wich engine the next game will come and wich tools will come along with that, but i really hope blabba be the top download one because i really liked the body how moves, likes dreamgirl, but the min, proportions dont got my taste, i know saying that will not hurt hes felling because hes already know how much i tested the body already, its just taste at end, its a amazing work, i really will download for sure the new one and use.

For blabba:

i can't pm you, i think your mail box is full.

I have created some bodyslides for "Project C.I.T.R.U.S." their contains all vanilla armors (NOBBP version for the moment):

This is the list:

Vanilla armor:

bandit *1/2/3
    blade
    daedric
    dbarmor
    dragonbone
    dwarven
    ebony
    ebonymail
    elven heavy/light/cuirsslight
    generaltulius
    glass
    hide *heavy/light/medium/heavychieftain
    falmer
    imperial *heavy/light/medium
    iron heavy/light
    nightingale
    nordplate
    orcish
    savior'shide
    sons of talos
    steel */light
    stormcloak *sleeve
    studded
    thievesguild *karliah/leader/variant
    wolf

not realised for the moment:
dragonscale
draug

Dawnguard armors:

dawnguard 1/2/3/4/5
    falmer
    ivory

Dragonborn armors:

bonemold *light/medium
    chitin */light
    nordiccarved
    stahlrimheavy
    stahlrimlight

I know you are in beta, but, i think some bodyslides can help people who want test in game your great mod.

If people need, just says me.

For blabba:

i can't pm you, i think your mail box is full.

I have created some bodyslides for "Project C.I.T.R.U.S." their contains all vanilla armors (NOBBP version for the moment):

This is the list:

Vanilla armor:

bandit *1/2/3

blade

daedric

dbarmor

dragonbone

dwarven

ebony

ebonymail

elven heavy/light/cuirsslight

generaltulius

glass

hide *heavy/light/medium/heavychieftain

falmer

imperial *heavy/light/medium

iron heavy/light

nightingale

nordplate

orcish

savior'shide

sons of talos

steel */light

stormcloak *sleeve

studded

thievesguild *karliah/leader/variant

wolf

not realised for the moment:

dragonscale

draug

Dawnguard armors:

dawnguard 1/2/3/4/5

falmer

ivory

Dragonborn armors:

bonemold *light/medium

chitin */light

nordiccarved

stahlrimheavy

stahlrimlight

I know you are in beta, but, i think some bodyslides can help people who want test in game your great mod.

If people need, just says me.

IT will be great if you release it man

Archived