[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Well, I'm having a friend help me who knows loads more about nook and cranny of this stuff, and he had some very good success with an app called XNormal (he took both the 0 weight of the models after matching it closely to the body with bodyslide for CITRUS) and projected the textures, even the normal maps and specular! Not sure how he did it exactly, but it worked.

As long as the proper presets for the body type are created (in bodyslide) to be exported to an app like Max (he uses the 2011 version with the Nif Importer tools), I could look into having him do a bunch of body textures and see which one comes out how? But I don't want to step on grey area's on who's textures I could use (SGRenewal, etc)

The only issue we (or should I say he :P ) is having is the CITRUS vagina, it extends too much up the naval area, and when the texture is projected on it, IF the texture has hair on it, it will look either lower resolution alongside the any part that might be 'fixed'. I can post an image if you like? It's not final, because my friend has been trying to find a clean way to bake the Local Normal Map of the vagina with the body so it can be used to "blend the edges into the body, so it looks like one piece" in the mean time (apparently that can be a thing?).

Sounds cool.

Go ahead and post images if both of you are down for that.

Here it is, attached.

Not sure if this could become an option, but maybe a slider in for Bodyslide that could change it to something more like this in the second image (pushed lower, etc)?

I don't think many people will be able to project the texture correctly if you know what I mean, so we might see a serious lack of vagoo hairs :P

My friend also had the idea that if you don't wish to lose out on the shape, maybe the option for some hair fins/cards on that part, etc to cover up the issue? Maybe also with that HDT hair mod? Who knows?! The possibilities are endless!

If you're taking a certain direction with the vagoo and don't wish to change it, I could see what can be done to play around it and lessen the footprint issues an artist might have.

post-193583-0-14074000-1407872142_thumb.jpg

post-193583-0-65447300-1407872907_thumb.jpg

Here it is, attached.

Not sure if this could become an option, but maybe a slider in for Bodyslide that could change it to something more like this in the second image (pushed lower, etc)?

I don't think many people will be able to project the texture correctly if you know what I mean, so we might see a serious lack of vagoo hairs :P

My friend also had the idea that if you don't wish to lose out on the shape, maybe the option for some hair fins/cards on that part, etc to cover up the issue? Maybe also with that HDT hair mod? Who knows?! The possibilities are endless!

If you're taking a certain direction with the vagoo and don't wish to change it, I could see what can be done to play around it and lessen the footprint issues an artist might have.

Very cool work!

As for the textured hair stuff, I think it's better if you guys don't really stress too much about that.

Since there are better alternatives (Mesh Based seperated vag hairs that can change colours)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53578/?

Sweet, thanks for the info! That solves some issues.

Not to pry or be nosey, but will V3 have the base UNP or CBBE Presets per chance? We pretty much streamlined the process, and this is what we got so far in the attached image. We used SGRenewal to compare to yours (since it's the easiest and safest :P )

The only slight issues is some parts like the knees get the wrong detail projected (too low? too high?) and a little bit of the wrong information under the breasts (looks nasty when looking from down up). Some manual editing fixed that. We were able to project all the textures correctly using this method.

The issues come from not being able to align the UNP/CBBE model and CITRUS 1:1 to project the textures correctly, so if we could get the presets for them (or if anyone else is willing to help, *wink wink community*) we could do all this stuff very quickly (vagina included, outside of fixing the pinky fleshy parts, ha).

Also, we maybe have been able to convert the Normal map to the correct space-stuff to lessen the seams around the edges for the Normal Map (using an app called Handplane, has the Creation Engine space stuff thingy as it's option, I'm not the pro in that kinda of stuff). The line around the thigh that is circled should give an idea of what kind of headaches can be avoided slightly.

Also, don't mind the feet, we didn't really take care of that parts with projection cages and stuff to clean it :D

post-193583-0-81401900-1407888790_thumb.jpg

Sweet, thanks for the info! That solves some issues.

Not to pry or be nosey, but will V3 have the base UNP or CBBE Presets per chance? We pretty much streamlined the process, and this is what we got so far in the attached image. We used SGRenewal to compare to yours (since it's the easiest and safest :P )

The only slight issues is some parts like the knees get the wrong detail projected (too low? too high?) and a little bit of the wrong information under the breasts (looks nasty when looking from down up). Some manual editing fixed that. We were able to project all the textures correctly using this method.

The issues come from not being able to align the UNP/CBBE model and CITRUS 1:1 to project the textures correctly, so if we could get the presets for them (or if anyone else is willing to help, *wink wink community*) we could do all this stuff very quickly (vagina included, outside of fixing the pinky fleshy parts, ha).

Also, we maybe have been able to convert the Normal map to the correct space-stuff to lessen the seams around the edges for the Normal Map (using an app called Handplane, has the Creation Engine space stuff thingy as it's option, I'm not the pro in that kinda of stuff). The line around the thigh that is circled should give an idea of what kind of headaches can be avoided slightly.

Also, don't mind the feet, we didn't really take care of that parts with projection cages and stuff to clean it :D

Projection cages, such fun :)

I dunno why exactly you need to project textures since the UV's are supposed to match UNP UV's but okay xD

As for 'presets' I plan on adding community made ones and maybe 1 or 2 of my own.

I also plan on making conversion references so people can convert armours and stuff to CITRUS, but all this will take awhile.

However, if your familiar with 3dsMax, I suggest you make a new obj importer preset, call it bodyslide 2 and set it to have a scale 10 like in the pic below:

test2.jpg

Then you can feel free to use all my .obj  morph files:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzazJFhGpjcZd1FtZ2hxeXg2WEE&usp=sharing

Haha, not as fun as UV-Mapping every nook and cranny on a mesh :P

Also, oops, sorry, I meant to say CBBE, soo used to saying CBBE/UNP as a combo, second nature (although you do have a point, many authors give out both UNP and CBBE textures together, so other then hands and vagina at most, projection wouldn't help much, ha).

Also, sweet! I'll keep that on mind for the Morphs (I assume the script is needed, since I read your other 'unofficial guide on BS2' and didn't find any morph body chapters on it with a universal body system - aka, CITRUS, sorry if I missed out on something, might have glazed on it), in the meantime I tried creating UNP with CITRUS sliders in BS2, got really close and worked great in-game, until I realized the vanilla armors needed converting as well when my character had bits popping everywhere from their armor, or the hand didn't match up to the body (silly UNP hands) :P

On a side note: the 'muscle' slider is actually pretty ingenious if I can say so, I got my friend to look up if he can pair up CITRUS with a default CustomRace mod and Pumping Iron, so when the player uses them, instead of simply gaining moar weight, they actually get toned out, and since it's all mesh detail, it can be done without scripting for any fancy texture loading, etc. (No real issues here or anything special, just figure a nice little info you might enjoy on why CITRUS could make Skyrim so much better :D )

Haha, not as fun as UV-Mapping every nook and cranny on a mesh :P

Also, oops, sorry, I meant to say CBBE, soo used to saying CBBE/UNP as a combo, second nature (although you do have a point, many authors give out both UNP and CBBE textures together, so other then hands and vagina at most, projection wouldn't help much, ha).

Also, sweet! I'll keep that on mind for the Morphs (I assume the script is needed, since I read your other 'unofficial guide on BS2' and didn't find any morph body chapters on it with a universal body system - aka, CITRUS, sorry if I missed out on something, might have glazed on it), in the meantime I tried creating UNP with CITRUS sliders in BS2, got really close and worked great in-game, until I realized the vanilla armors needed converting as well when my character had bits popping everywhere from their armor, or the hand didn't match up to the body (silly UNP hands) :P

On a side note: the 'muscle' slider is actually pretty ingenious if I can say so, I got my friend to look up if he can pair up CITRUS with a default CustomRace mod and Pumping Iron, so when the player uses them, instead of simply gaining moar weight, they actually get toned out, and since it's all mesh detail, it can be done without scripting for any fancy texture loading, etc. (No real issues here or anything special, just figure a nice little info you might enjoy on why CITRUS could make Skyrim so much better :D )

Haha, there's actually a way more muscular slider set I have lying around somewhere.

It was based off this mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42569/?

Though not as well defined, since I wanted to soften it up a bit.

Plenty of other morphs lying around in that drive folder I mentioned as well. So yea get wild, and don't judge me for the things I have morphed.

Some of them I did just because I wanted to see if I could. Others was because I was drunk when I had the request sent to me 0.o

Good news:

I've written most of my MaxScript for importing and exporting BodySlide project files into Max.

Bad News:

The script doesn't work on my computer because of some stupid .NET error (Expired confirmed it was working in his computer)

So now I'm stumped on making and debugging a script that works for other people but not me :/

@DorkDiva: Nice, how did you get the breasts closer if I may ask? I only found that using negative numbers (like -10%, -20%, etc) seemed to keep the volume and decrease the values, but typing them manually is soo 1990's :P

@Blabba: What kind of error and does a reinstall not work? I could look it up, Win 8, Flash and Net with Max don't play nice sometimes and I have some experience in that regard so maybe I can lend a hand?

@Blabba: What kind of error and does a reinstall not work? I could look it up, Win 8, Flash and Net with Max don't play nice sometimes and I have some experience in that regard so maybe I can lend a hand?

I was complaining about it on chat a lot, feel free to hit it up when you get time xD

But here's my working script, which doesn't work on my computer because of the .Net runtime exception :'(

http://pastebin.com/ADKLn75Q

Save as .ms, it also requires this file:

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/simple-xml-library-for-3dsmax

Save the 1.2 file as .ms and place in your scripts/startup folder.

Still trying to debug my .NET and see if I can pinpoint the issue, let me know if you need anything more.

It works mates!

My script it works for me!

All I had to do was re-install .net and/or install the Dev pack of .NET runtimes to make it work :D

So I can hopefully finish this script by tomorrow, and get back to doing funner stuff, like actually modelling and finishing hdt pussies.

edit: If I do release the script and people want to make use of it instead of Bodyslide, It could require them to install .NET dev package of 300 MB :/

Oh well. Some things come with a price.

An even more altered variation of the .xml I did. 

A tad more curvy and more... bweasty.attachicon.gifCITRUS DorkDiva Type 3 TurboTittz.xml

And from what I can tell, the final result of this form I came up with?

attachicon.gifCITRUS DorkDiva Type 4 TurboTittzTyranny.xml

attachicon.gif2014-08-14_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2014-08-14_00009.jpg

Dude that ass is gonna crush some walnuts.

relax those cheeks a bit. It's like she's never EVER taken a dump.

other than that, nice shape.

For be honest i don't tested all armors in game.

it's only for beta testors, you will be informed, and all feedbacks are welcome of course.

attachicon.gifs6 Project C.I.T.R.U.S. Vanilla Armors NOBBP.rar

wow thank you so much!!

only issue in having is that only the deadric and savior hide armors are showing up

in bodyslide

hum, add your preset body to vanilla group.

thanks that did it

wonderful work 

An even more altered variation of the .xml I did. 

A tad more curvy and more... bweasty.attachicon.gifCITRUS DorkDiva Type 3 TurboTittz.xml

And from what I can tell, the final result of this form I came up with?

attachicon.gifCITRUS DorkDiva Type 4 TurboTittzTyranny.xml

attachicon.gif2014-08-14_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2014-08-14_00009.jpg

Dude that ass is gonna crush some walnuts.

relax those cheeks a bit. It's like she's never EVER taken a dump.

other than that, nice shape.

Is it me or do all C.I.T.R.U.S. meshes look like that. Every mesh I've created with CITRUS looks like there is something wrong with the ass when viewed from behind. Looking at the body in a profile view one can obviously see the shape,  when viewed from behind though, the ass always looks flat to me. It seems like it's a problem with the way the texture forms to the shape. In any case, that exact thing has kept me from using CITRUS exclusively. I use it with BodyChange since I do love the control and the ability to make a very specific body shape but something is up with the way the textures show. At least imo.

Edit:

After typing this comment i decided to re-try CITRUS and I must retract my comment. I guess previously the textures I had installed didn't work well with CITRUS body, (MatureSkin), at least for my tastes. But it seems to look better while using (fair complexion). I do still see the flat ass look when viewing from behind but it's not as obvious with the different textures. To me, it seems like the upper part of the ass cheeks seem glued together which give it that flat look. Definitely a different look with the different textures in place than when i previously used CITRUS body.

Come to think of it, since I am an ass man  and I usually make a nice round shape for the butt, it could just be the HDT gravity causing the ass to be weighted a bit too much, thus, giving it a droopy flat look.

All in all, CITRUS body is pretty awesome, love the different presets available especially since it adds sliders for all the bodies I personally like.

It works mates!

My script it works for me!

All I had to do was re-install .net and/or install the Dev pack of .NET runtimes to make it work :D

So I can hopefully finish this script by tomorrow, and get back to doing funner stuff, like actually modelling and finishing hdt pussies.

edit: If I do release the script and people want to make use of it instead of Bodyslide, It could require them to install .NET dev package of 300 MB :/

Oh well. Some things come with a price.

Nice to hear that you solved that.

300MB a price? That's nothing. Goddamn Windows Update is bigger sometimes :angry: :angry:

And if somebody wants to mod they would have much stuff thats larger (3dsmax itself, textures, ...)

Why do I lose breast and butt physics when I install the XPMSE 2.05 as opposed to the 1.93 ?

Whut?

How do you even get this mod to not crash your pc if you install 1.93?

I have no idea, but this body should by all accounts crash and not work if your not using the latest 2.05 skeleton.

(More specifically the feet mesh should cause you to crash)

The problem was either give up physics and have nice feet or have physics and wear boots :)

I take it I have done something wrong but I can't figure out what it would be.

Is this about renaming "NPC Belly" into "HDT Belly" in your hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file ?

It is documented in XPMS Skeleton thread.

Mine happened to works fine with both 1.93 and 2.05 since there is no "NPC Belly" in my HDT xml file.

Why do I lose breast and butt physics when I install the XPMSE 2.05 as opposed to the 1.93 ?

Whut?

How do you even get this mod to not crash your pc if you install 1.93?

I have no idea, but this body should by all accounts crash and not work if your not using the latest 2.05 skeleton.

(More specifically the feet mesh should cause you to crash)

I seems to get it working on 1.93ar50 too, Blabba ... but with funny feet.

Changing to 2.05 fix that.

Both of them, no crash. Don't know why.

The problem was either give up physics and have nice feet or have physics and wear boots :)

I take it I have done something wrong but I can't figure out what it would be.

Is this about renaming "NPC Belly" into "HDT Belly" in your hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file ?

It is documented in XPMS Skeleton thread.

Mine happened to works fine with both 1.93 and 2.05 since there is no "NPC Belly" in my HDT xml file.

I did rename it and it didnt change anything Im afraid.

EDIT: It works!

I made the same mistake you did, I misread the instructions and renamed "NPC Belly" like you suggest, what I should have renamed was "NPC PreBelly"

Reading comprehension is really the key... sigh.

I did rename it and it didnt change anything Im afraid.

EDIT: It works!

I made the same mistake you did, I misread the instructions and renamed "NPC Belly" like you suggest, what I should have renamed was "NPC PreBelly"

Reading comprehension is really the key... sigh.

Protip:

HDT has a log file in the skse folder, and it'll usually let you know why it's not working correctly.

Archived