[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Well, regardless of what you think or feel, let's stop this side issue there.

Yes. Let's. 

Get your free software that you're going to use a grand total of about 100 hours. And stop feeling bad for using a $1300 program that a multibillion dollar corporation lets you use for free.

So I have played with this a bit now. It all works as intended and the HDT files I am using for other profiles (with UNP or Venus bodies) is working for my generated body quite nicely. I am just really unhappy with the hand and ankle seams (and I must do something with the textures if I'm going to keep using it).

I haven't used 3DSMax at all. I do have Blender and can find my way around NifSkope and GIMP, though. And the idea of having to learn new software isn't exactly appealling to me to simply fix a few seams.

But all in all I realize this is Beta. And I think it's coming along quite nicely. A bit more polish and refinement and this will be a truly awesome body. It will be the ultimate body I guess. :lol:

I've installed this mod yesterday, but I couldn't get it to work. I'm thinking I might have messed up somewhere in the installation.I do have XPMSE Alpha & BodySlide installed, and I got SG Female Textures Renewal for the textures (compatible with CBBE, UNP / UNPB). Here's a couple of things I noticed:

1) The textures don't line up properly, the nipple textures are higher than the nipple meshes. I've looked into this and read that this can happen when you try to apply UNP textures to CBBE bodies. I've also tried with the textures included in Project Citrus, but I got the same issue of misalignment at the nipples.

2) I've read through all the posts in this thread and I recall seeing something about having hand & feet meshes with this body. However, when in BodySlide, I don't see either. Maybe those posts were just a preview and not implemented yet? Or are they supposed to be there?

3) Again in BodySlide, I noticed that several of the morphs that are mentionned in the spreadsheet on the OP post were not there. I was interested in trying out Dream Girl, but was nowhere to be found :( .

To me, it looks like BodySlide did not "load / import" Project Citrus properly(if that makes any sense... I'm new to modding). I'm really scratching my head on this one... anyone have any ideas / suggestion??

Thanks!

I've installed this mod yesterday, but I couldn't get it to work. I'm thinking I might have messed up somewhere in the installation.I do have XPMSE Alpha & BodySlide installed, and I got SG Female Textures Renewal for the textures (compatible with CBBE, UNP / UNPB). Here's a couple of things I noticed:

1) The textures don't line up properly, the nipple textures are higher than the nipple meshes. I've looked into this and read that this can happen when you try to apply UNP textures to CBBE bodies. I've also tried with the textures included in Project Citrus, but I got the same issue of misalignment at the nipples.

2) I've read through all the posts in this thread and I recall seeing something about having hand & feet meshes with this body. However, when in BodySlide, I don't see either. Maybe those posts were just a preview and not implemented yet? Or are they supposed to be there?

3) Again in BodySlide, I noticed that several of the morphs that are mentionned in the spreadsheet on the OP post were not there. I was interested in trying out Dream Girl, but was nowhere to be found :( .

To me, it looks like BodySlide did not "load / import" Project Citrus properly(if that makes any sense... I'm new to modding). I'm really scratching my head on this one... anyone have any ideas / suggestion??

Thanks!

1) If your nipples aren't aligned, that's a texture issue. As stated multiple times before, you need UNP textures. The included textures work fine,

you can see plenty of people posting SS of it in-game looking fine. I suggest you use MO to see that you installed everything correctly and that

some other mod

2) Feet and hand meshes are included in the file download. If you look in the folder you will see them. You can load them up yourself in Outfit Studio,

Though I dunno if OS has added support for feet and hand meshes. Regardless that's not something under my control. Contact cell about info for

gloves/boot support.

3) Spreadsheet is out of date/not completely true to all my progress. However, it should be distinguished that the spread sheet is not used AT ALL for

keeping track of current sliders. It simply keeps track of my own collection of morphs I have made. Those morphs are what I then use to extract

sliders from.

I have a question, I apologize if this has already been answered before, but if I install this and make a new body type (I read that you need to have a UNP body texture), would the armors and items that I converted to an HDT CBBE version no longer be usable? If so, is there a method in which I could use said CBBE HDT armors/items.

The current build have pubes options?

Only if you use textures or equipable pubes.

I have a question, I apologize if this has already been answered before, but if I install this and make a new body type (I read that you need to have a UNP body texture), would the armors and items that I converted to an HDT CBBE version no longer be usable? If so, is there a method in which I could use said CBBE HDT armors/items.

If they are CBBE you will have texture problems. You can still use them.

If you want to use them, use normal Bodyslide with CBBE bases body.

So, if I say made a CBBE body in the new CITRUS body, it would still clip because the texture the body is using is still a UNP body texture? So if I wanted to make those work, I would have to go back in and edit the body textures with the new CITRUS body + UPN texture to stop the clipping right? 

Clipping meaning the weird breaks near the hips area because whenever I use an UPN body instead of a CBBE body that's the only place that seems to clip.

I was wondering if someone more experienced could answer my question regarding clipping and CBBE vs. UNP. As mentioned before, if I were to make a CBBE Citrus body and then use my CBBE armors and conversions would I have to simply just reload the nif files in outfit studio and replace the body mesh or would I need to change the body texture to a UNP body texture as well in order to prevent clipping?

On a side note, I found that the better hand mesh for UNP I am using does NOT work with this body. :lol: Even when using UNP morphs....it's ghastly. Fem Feet for 7B works OK for the 7B lower half (still doesn't quite mate up to the leg properly).

I don't know if anyone else has tried this yet or not. I'm always trying to break stuff. :D

This is what the hands look like even without the other mesh (all CITRUS) and it's like this regardless of which UNP textures I try (this is FSC Univision Sweaty here). I can use the FFR foot meshes IF I morph all the lower body to 50% on the 7B sliders.

I was wondering if someone more experienced could answer my question regarding clipping and CBBE vs. UNP. As mentioned before, if I were to make a CBBE Citrus body and then use my CBBE armors and conversions would I have to simply just reload the nif files in outfit studio and replace the body mesh or would I need to change the body texture to a UNP body texture as well in order to prevent clipping?

Yea, I guess.

Your just really confusing yourself here though.

I will outline how to do outfit conversions later. Please keep in mind that this mod is a BETA, and not all 'features' are done.

On a side note, I found that the better hand mesh for UNP I am using does NOT work with this body. :lol: Even when using UNP morphs....it's ghastly. Fem Feet for 7B works OK for the 7B lower half (still doesn't quite mate up to the leg properly).

I don't know if anyone else has tried this yet or not. I'm always trying to break stuff. :D

Yes hand seams use UNP_0 hand seams oon the body right now and are not configurable.

I am still experimenting with what hand seams I should be using and how best to get over this annoying hurdle.

And why are you using other hands and feet meshes anyway :P Don't you like nails and more poly's xD

On a side note, updates are delayed until I finish my awesome 3dsMax to Bodyslide MaxScript. Huge thanks to expired for helping me with it!

Hehehe, nice.

Well hopefully in the coming times, there's less stuff to be broken with this mod.

Anyway, good news guys, with some help from Expired (well actually a lot) I was able to make a MaxScript to export BodySlide XML project files as well as slider files directly from 3dsMax Morphers. Which means faster CITRUS updates since I don't have to mess with Outfit Studio anymore.

Scripting is such a timesaver. And it's a nice break from dealing with textures and modelling :P

Here's the script for those of you brave enough to use such a poorly coded script with little to no error checking.

Features:

Export .BSD slider files from Max

Export Alphabetical Sorted XML file (Soon to implement the sort unique to CITRUS slider layout)

Over time I'll try to add the rest of the features like Zap Slider capabilities and importing BodySlide XML project files. Both of which require more coding knowledge and time :)

Link:

http://pastebin.com/zjEqzBVY

I made the opposite of UN7B. :lol: I gave her a 7B bottom half and a UNP top half with upswept nipples (like base UNP has).  And I tossed in a thicker, more fit-looking midsection. It looks really good.

No it doesn't.

"Yes it does" 

No. It does NOT.

"STFU Monsto, it DOES."

Horseshit. Prove it.

Translation: Pics or it didn't happen. Why would you not post pics?

I made the opposite of UN7B. :lol: I gave her a 7B bottom half and a UNP top half with upswept nipples (like base UNP has).  And I tossed in a thicker, more fit-looking midsection. It looks really good.

No it doesn't.

"Yes it does" 

No. It does NOT.

"STFU Monsto, it DOES."

Horseshit. Prove it.

Translation: Pics or it didn't happen. Why would you not post pics?

I'd show it, but the hands and feet are all fucked up.

Lol.

Don't try activating all sliders at once, eye cancer may ensue (Groovtama's Patent Pending Medication is still being developed.)

Anyway, Fixed some morphs and added a some more etc...

I just wish people could not screw things up and make their own Hand/Wrist Seams (I'M LOOKING AT YOU 7BASE BOMBSHELL, UNP AND CBBE)

Why people don't stick to standards is beyond me.

#VanillaForever

Lol.

Don't try activating all sliders at once, eye cancer may ensue (Groovtama's Patent Pending Medication is still being developed.)

Anyway, Fixed some morphs and added a some more etc...

I just wish people could not screw things up and make their own Hand/Wrist Seams (I'M LOOKING AT YOU 7BASE BOMBSHELL, UNP AND CBBE)

Why people don't stick to standards is beyond me.

#VanillaForever

Did it out of shear curiosity...

Archived