@Dayelyte

If the dog and wolf animations prove to be so different taht you have to, more ore less, do them again for the dog and the wolf, why not split them up? Where is it written that you have to release dog and wolf animations at the same time?

I for one am curious to see how much has to be realigned in SL and how bad it really is. You tend towards perfectionism. Me being an engineering type I am satisfied with "good enough" :blush:

When I get situated in a bit I'll throw a screenshot or two out to show you all what I refer to :)

Related, anyone know why the gif / image thumbnails are no longer displaying ? Just noticed it last night.

forget CBBE, inflatable doll body, is the past..

You must use only the UNP, you can not use both the UNP and family CBBE, are too different, let lose CBBE

Given the sheer amount of CBBE-based armors, textures and "other" things available compared to the relative few for UNP, I'm going to disagree with you here.  UNP may be a popular body, but it's still not as popular as CBBE (even in that "poll" Ashal threw up for Sexlab 1.5 CBBE was out in front--but he decided to go with UNP instead).

Until it's truly surpassed in terms of content--or that content is made fully compatible with UNP--CBBE should not just be completely ignored or discounted.

EDIT:  I should also add that while it's absolutely possible to create cartoonishly-proportioned bodies with CBBE, you can also just as easily fashion bodies that look 100% "normal".  Too often I see CBBE dismissed simply because people saw some screenshots other people made of their personal projects...generally after just pushing sliders in Bodyslide to maximum for giggles.

Hope the image thumbnails vanishing on us isn't a permanent thing.   A lack of previews for this particular subject matter is like reading a Braille version of Playboy :|

Anyhoo:  Here are some comparison shots of what I'm fighting with.  The first is the mesh distortion for a particular pose using CBBE vs UNP.  What you can't see is the breasts flattening out on the CBBE mesh as well, but the butt / glute area should be quite noticable. 

post-103460-0-52520200-1406300935_thumb.jpg

This second one is the wolf issue.  As explained in the image,  top is the mesh as it exists coming straight from the game assets.  The bottom is after I scale him up about 20% to reflect my best guess to his actual size in game.  ( Since I don't have an exact scale factor handy I have to scale him up, align export to game, test. Wash, rinse and repeat till I get it right :D )

post-103460-0-90362300-1406301018_thumb.jpg

forget CBBE, inflatable doll body, is the past..

You must use only the UNP, you can not use both the UNP and family CBBE, are too different, let lose CBBE

Given the sheer amount of CBBE-based armors, textures and "other" things available compared to the relative few for UNP, I'm going to disagree with you here.  UNP may be a popular body, but it's still not as popular as CBBE (even in that "poll" Ashal threw up for Sexlab 1.5 CBBE was out in front--but he decided to go with UNP instead).

Until it's truly surpassed in terms of content--or that content is made fully compatible with UNP--CBBE should not just be completely ignored or discounted.

CBBE body is an easy-going manner that appeals to, is the first body that I have used in Skyrim (like most of you), I liked not having tried other things, but then when siono past UNP soon after you realize that it's all a 'another world! and much more asto article, the copolymer is coporta mehglio SexLab with animations and moves more realistically

SE Ashal UNP has chosen not by the number of plates, but because the body better and offers more variety and realism, and armor / clothes there are too many to UNP/UNPB/7base Etc.. (The best there is ) and indeed there are many that do not exist for CBBE, while there are many conversions of CBBE at UNP, and what about the textures, there are some that are just phenomenal UNP, as the new strepistose Fair Skin uncompressed, reproducing a skin angelic and beautiful faces and genitals of excellent quality at FOV 20,

the only reason to prefer CBBE and laziness and not look beyond the garden below your house, beyond the your nose, CBBE is a copolymer easy, the tits are two round melons, the legs, the finachi and round, smbra an action figure PVC rather than a human being, and also for lovers of petite-skinny, UNP wins hands down! offering different variants of slender bodies (Skinny, Petite, UNP, UNP TM, x117, Etc.. simi all but at the same time different from each other)

CBBE is good to start, but then it continues with the UNP and tutt and its wonderful variations that CBBE can only dream of, and meore lives of the beautiful "banality-round" body, always the same.

CBBE body is everyone's favorite in terms of taste / sexual maturity towards the female body and stood still at the age of 13 annio qundo you masturbavate with the Playboy Playmate of the month, that the photos retouched and ultra glossy, absolutely unreal, in some childish verses, in their phony perfection accommodating and reassuring.. CBBE is the digital version of the pin-ups 90s di Heffner, then when it grows (it is not obvious that to happen), it changes and matures at the level of sexual tastes, and broaden the horizons, we realize that there is also much more .. than fiction "coated" Playboy.

if you dislike most abundant breasts, or try UNPO UNPB 7O, you will soon forget the toy CBBE.

Trust Ashal! he is a great connoisseur of the female (with the capital letter F), and passed to the UNP family, do not regret it, once you get used to the UNP, I do not know back to back! ^_^

Hope the image thumbnails vanishing on us isn't a permanent thing. A lack of previews for this particular subject matter is like reading a Braille version of Playboy :|

Anyhoo: Here are some comparison shots of what I'm fighting with. The first is the mesh distortion for a particular pose using CBBE vs UNP. What you can't see is the breasts flattening out on the CBBE mesh as well, but the butt / glute area should be quite noticable.

attachicon.gifmesh_comparisons.jpg

:o :o :o :o oOo shiit..!

But.. CBBE it gets disgusting !!!! :ph34r:  is something unwatchable :mellow:

UNP is Great..! :blush:  pelvis, hips, legs, butt and brest are almost perfect, realistic and natural, we can instead drop the curtain! :blush:

that is why he (Ashal) choose onlu the UNP body for SexLab.. has not even cracked! ;)

CBBE so let's leave them in his old mediocrity.. and just focus on the UNP which is a serious and current reference body, these screen is overwhelming, as well as terribly embarrassing! :shy:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

It's true that in terms of single bodies, CBBE stands above all the others in popularity.

However, when you consider the families of bodies, CBBE is outstripped by UNP by a considerable margin. It's also not unthinkable that between exclusives for UNP, UNPB, 7B and its subtypes, and Top Model, there may be more unique content across the UNP family than CBBE by its lonesome.

Sticking with UNP as the default body for alignment is the best move, given this situation. While I'd agree that CBBE certainly deserves to remain in consideration, it wouldn't be unreasonable to put it aside if it proved more trouble than its worth. If there's just no way to make it play nice with these animations, then so be it. Content aside, at the end of the day it's the less popular body between the two.

But.. CBBE it gets disgusting !!!! :ph34r:  is something unwatchable :mellow:

UNP is Great..! :blush:  pelvis, hips, legs, butt and brest are almost perfect, realistic and natural, we can instead drop the curtain! :blush:

that is why he (Ashal) choose onlu the UNP body for SexLab.. has not even cracked! :rolleyes:

CBBE so let's leave them in his old mediocrity.. and just focus on the UNP which is a serious snd current reference body, these screen is overwhelming, as well as terribly embarrassing! :blink:

You keep stating opinion as if it's fact, so there's no point in even continuing the discussion with you.  "I think it looks ugly" is not a good reason for everyone to exclude it.  Good day.

While I'd agree that CBBE certainly deserves to remain in consideration, it wouldn't be unreasonable to put it aside if it proved more trouble than its worth. If there's just no way to make it play nice with these animations, then so be it. Content aside, at the end of the day it's the less popular body between the two.

And that's fine.  I understand perfectly that CBBE doesn't play nice with some animations, and it's 100% up to the animator to decide whether to make it work or not.  I just tire of the silly dismissal CBBE gets from other members of the community.  It's a very customizable body that works with a huge amount of content, and not only that, it's the result of a lot of work from other modders/modelers/etc..  It's spitting in their faces to poo-poo it to the extent that other people do.

Also, I don't think you can put "content aside" when you consider their relative worth.  UNP would be relegated to the dark, seldom-viewed pages of the website if there weren't skins, textures, armorpacks, etc. made explicitly for that body type.  The same goes for CBBE.

EDIT:  I should add none of this is aimed at Dayelyte or his choices.  His animations, his rules as far as I'm concerned.  I just find the disdain others have shown for someone else's hard work--CBBE--rather irritating.

Also, I don't think you can put "content aside" when you consider their relative worth.  UNP would be relegated to the dark, seldom-viewed pages of the website if there weren't skins, textures, armorpacks, etc. made explicitly for that body type.  The same goes for CBBE.

EDIT:  I should add none of this is aimed at Dayelyte or his choices.  His animations, his rules as far as I'm concerned.  I just find the disdain others have shown for someone else's hard work--CBBE--rather irritating.

Admittedly, I've been really harsh on it in the past. But only the body proper - Bodyslide and Outfit Studio are goddamn brilliant pieces of work. CBBE may be bad but Caliente is a wizard of immense skill at pretty much everything else he/she (I don't actually know) has done for the body. Credit where credit is due.

But yeah, saying "content aside" was bad wording on my part. Still, even considering that, I'd bet money the UNP family as a whole has as much or more content, just spread across four or more subtypes.

If UNP ever got a full featured Bodyslide analog I guarantee CBBE usage would drop off considerably...

Chuckle,  I'm certainly not trying to start a fight over which body type is better,  ( hell, I used CBBE when I still played ) I just noted the animation itself didn't play nice when I switched to the CBBE mesh.  Something I would normally have overlooked completely had I not checked it on a whim. 

This brought about the possibility of what the other meshes may look like under the same animation ( which may or may not play nice either ) so it was just another variable for me to consider when creating these. 

I have a few options available to me:

1)  Just align with UNP and hope they work out with the other mesh types

2)  Tweak positioning so the animation is still ok regardless of mesh types used

I'll probably go with #2, though considering I don't animate the female bodies much, it may be a moot point completely.  

In related news, I'm going to attach a small video showing in game footage of the CBBE body during a sequence.

( video is .mp4 and I apologize about the size of it, my celluar connection is complaining about the upload )

The first stage of the animation is a tweaked position and looks ok.  The remaining stages are a slightly more

exaggerated pose and you can see where the mesh around the glute area gets a bit wonky as well as my aforementioned alignment issues with the wolf scaling.  ( I didn't compensate for it in the later stages )

The good news is I got the GD tails to animate properly ( a lot harder than you think it is ) so hopefully I'll be able to include them in the final sequences. 

Now all I gotta do is figure out why my damn thumbnails aren't showing up here in the thread and I'll start to have a good day . . . . lol

wolf_testing_with_tail.rar

While I can spot sarcasm from miles away ( I have a PH.D in it :D )  the animations need to meet my own standards before I will release it publicly.  Bad animations ultimately are a waste of time as no one will ever use them. Thus, the amount of effort and time I try to put into these.

As I continue to refine my skills with Max, my standards continue to tighten up.  As such, when I spot anything I consider to be unacceptable, I try to fix it.  In the event it isn't " fixable " I will scrap the entire thing and start over.  ( I spent about ten hours on a standing canine animation last week and ultimately trashed the entire thing because I didn't like the way the motion flowed )

I will not release anything I consider to be flawed.  Everyone has different definitions of what is acceptable and what isn't, mine just happens to be a lot stricter than most :D

Admittedly, I've been really harsh on it in the past. But only the body proper - Bodyslide and Outfit Studio are goddamn brilliant pieces of work. CBBE may be bad but Caliente is a wizard of immense skill at pretty much everything else he/she (I don't actually know) has done for the body. Credit where credit is due.

But yeah, saying "content aside" was bad wording on my part. Still, even considering that, I'd bet money the UNP family as a whole has as much or more content, just spread across four or more subtypes.

If UNP ever got a full featured Bodyslide analog I guarantee CBBE usage would drop off considerably...

UNP Bodyslide v0.5  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v04-30-sliders/?do=findComment&comment=254938

+

HDT BodySlide v1.4 http://www.loverslab.com/files/download/658-hdt-body/

with these two.. with all variants of UNP body and HDT body, are you doing what you want! ^_^

It is not a matter of offending (the criticize lawful, if there is something wrong.. :-/), to come to grips with reality, do not try to divert the issue .. the meaning of my speech is simple:

I must admit that CBBE body is less animations to use, compared to UNP family bodies, it is a fact! incontrovetbile, incontestable

the image (CBBE v.s. UNP) posted above the sex with the dog, is worth a thousand words, the point is that impossbile optimize animations for both bodies, it would penalize the audibility of the result of entrmbi bodies and is a scellta stupid, then it is clear that the choice falls on UNP, why, and what allows you to have the best results in animations / poszioni sex is not an opinion are facts!

not for nothing Ashal for the legendary SexLab has chosen individually UNP, chose the QUALITY, and he made the right choice! a true professional.

All this you have to give signifiaca CBBE, the animations work, each one in its "priority" .. it is not nice, what is beautiful is what pleases ello! tastes are tastes.. in the good or in the bad.

Iuki: While I can spot sarcasm from miles away ( I have a PH.D in it ) the animations have to meet my standards before I will release it publicly.

As I continue to build these, my standards continue to tighten up. As such, when I spot anything I consider to be unacceptable, I fix it. In the event it

isn't " fixable " I will scrap the entire thing and start over. ( I spent about ten hours on a standing canine animation last week and ultimately trashed

the entire thing because I didn't like the way the motion flowed )

I will not release anything I consider to be flawed. Everyone has different definitions of what is acceptable and what isn't, mine just happens to be a lot stricter than most :D

Because you are a True Modders..! :) that is the spirit I was talking about when referring to the choice of Ashal, to give priority to the pursuit of Quality ^_^

Ps:

You did not even not completely trashed the Dog Side-Fuck animation..? :D  is a really good that animations! :blush:

I just read this whole debate about body types, I feel like two people are trying to talk me into buying their respective, very similar products.  The only issue I noticed in the comparison is some distortion on the thigh with CBBE.

If I had to give my two cents, I use CBBE.  That said, I don't know a damn thing about these kinds of things.  I like bodyslide and such, and I haven't seen any indication that other bodies like UNP are compatible with it or come with their own similar customiser.  I also haven't looked very hard, so there's that to be said.

I'll not say one's better than another, because I don't know enough to make an educated statement.  I do see Ikui linked a UNP bodyslide thing up there, so maybe there's something to look into.

Dayelyte, perfection takes dedication, and for your devotion to that cause, you have my respect.

I'll say one final thing and leave: Ikui sounds so aggressive in his support of UNP that I am starting to worry about him.

The shape of HDT bodyslide 1.4 is the same as CBBE advanced, but with slightly different breast shape... for some reason they're slightly pushed up making them way too round.. therefore i don't consider it a CBBE body per se, but rather it's own thing...

as for bodyslide there's some variants of the mesh, but i suppose they all share the same low poly thing... though i didn't check

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31847-wip-bodyslide-fix-for-cbbe-advanced-tbbp-body/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/803-realistic-vagina-for-cbbe/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/511-psb-pregnancy-scaling-body-for-bodyslide2/

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/?

then there's the HDT bodyslide 1.4 and the regular CBBE advanced that comes with bodyslide 2.. the one i use is the mesh from ChronoTrigger77

I also remember that there was an issue with collapsed butts during some SL animations, but Groovtama managed to fix that by messing with the skeleton.. which now has become this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

2)  Tweak positioning so the animation is still ok regardless of mesh types used

I'll probably go with #2, though considering I don't animate the female bodies much, it may be a moot point completely.

Right now I use CBBE and after watching that video I can see why it would make you re think the poses. But at the same time I do think that junking or modifying animations to support a body mesh which has such severe issues when you ask it to do something so simple as bend its legs without looking like they're about to be torn off especially as there is already an existing, compatible, viable alternative, just doesn't seem to make sense.

If I were in your shoes I would take option 1, advising that while CBBE works with these animations, best results are with UNP.

Right now I use CBBE and after watching that video I can see why it would make you re think the poses. But at the same time I do think that junking or modifying animations to support a body mesh which has such severe issues when you ask it to do something so simple as bend its legs without looking like they're about to be torn off especially as there is already an existing, compatible, viable alternative, just doesn't seem to make sense.

If I were in your shoes I would take option 1, advising that while CBBE works with these animations, best results are with UNP.

I am starting to agree with you.   Check these two  examples out. Exact same animation, UNP vs CBBE bodies. :|

post-103460-0-93164400-1406327483_thumb.gif

post-103460-0-22517700-1406327457_thumb.gif

*facepalm*   After this, I may never do female animations again lol

I am starting to agree with you.   Check these two  examples out. Exact same animation, UNP vs CBBE bodies. :|

attachicon.gifUNP_Shake.gif

attachicon.gifCBBE_Shake.gif

*facepalm*   After this, I may never do female animations again lol

GELATIN!?!? 1313597708832.gif93c72-jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-gif.ZRRgh.gif

Iuki:  LOL  The cat cracks me up :D

I'm probably going to go with Smush on this one.  There is no way I can try to accomodate all mesh types without going totally insane in the process.

In all liklihood, it's not the meshes that are the issue,  it's the weighting.  Regardless,  I'll go with UNP with the disclaimer that using anything other than UNP may result in imagery you cannot unsee . . . . . lol

Laptop is chewing on the preview render I'm doing for Stage 1 of the Wolf on Back series.  Max is telling me to come back about an hour from now to check on it.  :|    Will post the preview when it's ready. 

Jihad about body types aside why not use what works best and warn people against using something else?

Supporting everything sounds like a fight against windmills....

Dont let that discourage you!  Even if you dont reach perfection your animations are en par with panics and that is high praise  :blush:

Dentarr:  LOL.  You're not the first person to tell me to put down my lance and leave the windmills alone :D

Here is Stage 1 of the Wolf on Back series.  You've seen what will become Stage 2,  I just needed a slower first stage . . . . .
( Ignore the craziness around the wolfs head,  it's Max freaking out over polygons trying to exist in the same space at the same time :| )

Is it just me or are the thumbnail previews now gone for uploaded files ?   It's drivin me nuts.  There some secret-special-code I have to use now to make the damn things visible ?

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Nice animation, but the wolfs chest looks kinda like it has a shark fin on it. :)

I know that is likely due to the mesh but it stood out to me.

It's the " hair " that runs underneath the wolf. Normally no one notices because it's under the wolf :)