I see that this mod plans to connect with Maria Eden, so I wonder if Maria Eden will not start at the beginning of a new game until initiated by this mod? I was thinking of using an alternate start mod like LADL or ImmerSlave to begin with.

I have not kept up with the development of the mods here to know of any changes beside reading the mod file page, but I do understand that connecting to Maria Eden is still WIP.

You are wrong - I have moved alternates start as optional plugin out the Maria Eden main mod since months.

And yes, Maria Eden is WIP - like most of the other mods here that don't are titled with WIP postfix/suffix.

WIP simply means that this mod is not dead.

I see that this mod plans to connect with Maria Eden, so I wonder if Maria Eden will not start at the beginning of a new game until initiated by this mod? I was thinking of using an alternate start mod like LADL or ImmerSlave to begin with.

I have not kept up with the development of the mods here to know of any changes beside reading the mod file page, but I do understand that connecting to Maria Eden is still WIP.

You are wrong - I have moved alternates start as optional plugin out the Maria Eden main mod since months.

And yes, Maria Eden is WIP - like most of the other mods here that don't are titled with WIP postfix/suffix.

WIP simply means that this mod is not dead.

In Maria Eden's case, it also means it's awesome. :)

Great news,

this fantastic mod is updated again and i don't have to work tomorrow :)

Thank you

:)

more updating still to be done, but hopefully it'll all be done by tomorrow. well, the stuff on my list. there is still much more to come after that. for instance, i need to add checks to see if a previous master is alive, if you happen to get the same scenario more than once, and if not, i need to...well, i'm not sure yet.

and add checks for race and vampirism and other things, so different reactions and prices can occur. 

not to mention the crazy prices if the player happens to be known as dragonborn or alduin's killer. although how someone would defeat you after all that, i'm not certain.

and then there are other things to think about, such as what happens if you are part of the thieves' or assassins' guilds - will they try to buy you to rescue you? or just decide if you're so incompetent that you got caught, you deserve whatever fate befalls you? hmm...

Thanks for the quick responses, like I said its been awhile since I last check the development of mods and often rely solely on the mod's file page instead of the forum.

Looking forward to see how far Maria Eden has developed since I last played it as well as the variety brought forth by Simple Slavery. 

I think would be a nice idea. Because if you set SD+ ans SS at the same priority the will be 50%. If one is higher, it will always override the other. If you would add a percentage in SS we could tweak the chance of enslavement/auction a little better.

Well, in theory they would be 50/50 if both were set to 80 (which is the default for both), but apparently da is choosing SS every time, at least in his game. Mine won't be configurable like skyrimll's is because an mcm menu is far beyond my capabilities

You just copypaste a template script, add some menus to it, and link properties to the script (globals or whatever) that you change based on the menu choices.

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/MCM-Quickstart

I think would be a nice idea. Because if you set SD+ ans SS at the same priority the will be 50%. If one is higher, it will always override the other. If you would add a percentage in SS we could tweak the chance of enslavement/auction a little better.

Well, in theory they would be 50/50 if both were set to 80 (which is the default for both), but apparently da is choosing SS every time, at least in his game. Mine won't be configurable like skyrimll's is because an mcm menu is far beyond my capabilities

You just copypaste a template script, add some menus to it, and link properties to the script (globals or whatever) that you change based on the menu choices.

I like how you say "you just..." in regards to anything involving the CK. ;)

I haven't looked at the mcm for a long time - perhaps I now know enough to do that. But as I recall, I couldn't figure out how to add menus. I just took the template and tried to edit it to what I needed and failed miserably. I'll look into it again at some point. 

I like how you say "you just..." in regards to anything involving the CK. ;)

I haven't looked at the mcm for a long time - perhaps I now know enough to do that. But as I recall, I couldn't figure out how to add menus. I just took the template and tried to edit it to what I needed and failed miserably. I'll look into it again at some point. 

Heh... lately, "you just have to open the CK" has been problematic for me.

I don't know why, but it seems as though I have a 50% chance for the CK to stall when trying to open it, requiring task manager intervention.

Yep. Damn thing crashed on me the other night after I had built a room of fire. Had to start all over again. Although that's good, in a way, because I liked the second version better.

Update! Thanks to a quick modification on his...well, mod, Quisling has made a nice, easy hook for Heroine, so that is working now. All the other new additions rely on mod events, which I am not familiar with (although I'm getting a hard lesson today), so those are coming along much more slowly. I have also split the sd scenarios from the rest, so SD is no longer a dependency. I mean, technically it wasn't before either, but it was the fall back in case someone didn't have one or more of the other mods. Now you can have only one of the mods on the list and be fine. As long as you're okay with getting the same scenario over and over...

Adding in the SD scenarios, there are now 14 different slavery situations to be sent to, provided you have all of the mods on the list installed. If you don't have one or more of them, It will keep looping until it finds one you have. In theory. I haven't actually tested that yet.

Yep. Damn thing crashed on me the other night after I had built a room of fire. Had to start all over again. Although that's good, in a way, because I liked the second version better.

Update! Thanks to a quick modification on his...well, mod, Quisling has made a nice, easy hook for Heroine, so that is working now. All the other new additions rely on mod events, which I am not familiar with (although I'm getting a hard lesson today), so those are coming along much more slowly. I have also split the sd scenarios from the rest, so SD is no longer a dependency. I mean, technically it wasn't before either, but it was the fall back in case someone didn't have one or more of the other mods. Now you can have only one of the mods on the list and be fine. As long as you're okay with getting the same scenario over and over...

Adding in the SD scenarios, there are now 14 different slavery situations to be sent to, provided you have all of the mods on the list installed. If you don't have one or more of them, It will keep looping until it finds one you have. In theory. I haven't actually tested that yet.

Sounds like a potential problem... What if you have none of the mods? I mean, it seems silly to use this mod if you don't have any of those to go to, but you know people...

Can I make a request/suggestion? Add a check to see if you have none of the mods, and if so, trigger a specific bidding scene where nobody's willing to pay any gold for your worthless carcass, and you're set free again?

Sounds like a potential problem... What if you have none of the mods? I mean, it seems silly to use this mod if you don't have any of those to go to, but you know people...

Can I make a request/suggestion? Add a check to see if you have none of the mods, and if so, trigger a specific bidding scene where nobody's willing to pay any gold for your worthless carcass, and you're set free again?

Set free? Pfft. Unbought slaves are sent to the Falmer.

Set free? Pfft. Unbought slaves are sent to the Falmer.

Even better!

I mean, the poor Falmer need to eat too, and we've run out of spavined horses to send them...

Exactly. I think I'll ask bralor if I can use his falmer scenario for just that purpose. It was suggested using his other events as slave scenarios, but I decided against asking for that because I don't want to hijack all of the scenarios in DA.

Edit: except using his falmer scenario would mean people would have to download his extra da pack. Well, I'll just shove the player in Blackreach.

If you understand mod events, I would love to hear you describe them!

(I would also like to be sure I understand them...)

no, alas, the entire point is that despite four people trying to explain to me how to make them work, i do not understand them at all. my brain needs to percolate what it has learned for awhile. :)

Sounds like a potential problem... What if you have none of the mods?

Bingo. I don't own any of the other mods, so by default, it should send me via the SD quest by default. I remember it doing this at first, but ever since I updated this mod, the mod keeps on saying it "can't find ______" when I'm being led off the "platform." It seems to scan all the mods I have, but of course since I don't have any activated, it hangs up. The screen stays tinted and nothing happens. It might start by saying it couldn't find wolfclub, then it says it can't find Maria Eden, etc.

The reason I choose not to use those other mods is because they're all in alpha, and I dare not risk incorporating them into playable saves.

Also, regarding the new prisoners added into the jail cell: The girl talks like a man, and the orc is named Kunta Kinte, rofl.

Sounds like a potential problem... What if you have none of the mods?

Bingo. I don't own any of the other mods, so by default, it should send me via the SD quest by default. I remember it doing this at first, but ever since I updated this mod, the mod keeps on saying it "can't find ______" when I'm being led off the "platform." It seems to scan all the mods I have, but of course since I don't have any activated, it hangs up. The screen stays tinted and nothing happens. It might start by saying it couldn't find wolfclub, then it says it can't find Maria Eden, etc.

The reason I choose not to use those other mods is because they're all in alpha, and I dare not risk incorporating them into playable saves.

Also, regarding the new prisoners added into the jail cell: The girl talks like a man, and the orc is named Kunta Kinte, rofl.

Hmm...SD has half of the total scenarios, so it should get to one of them before long. If it is hanging somewhere, that is a problem. thank you for letting me know - i'll check into it asap.

also need to check the voices, apparently. 

and, :)

no, alas, the entire point is that despite four people trying to explain to me how to make them work, i do not understand them at all. my brain needs to percolate what it has learned for awhile. :)

MOD Events:   When a mod is interested in an event that occurs in another mod it registers to watch for occurrences of that event.  If the mod that publishes that event is not loaded or never runs to apoint where it publishes an occurrence of that event the the first mod will never see that event.  If the publishing mod is loaded and does reach that event then the mod which registered to watch for that event will receive an event notice and can take action.

A good example is the Sexlab Framework which publishes a number of events but we will focus on only one of them, the Orgasm event.  It is when they receive the Orgasm event from the framework that mods like Cumshot and Squirt know to start their special effects which brings up one more point, multiple mods can be signed up (subscribed) to a single event and all of them will be notified when the event occurs.

MOD Events:   When a mod is interested in an event that occurs in another mod it registers to watch for occurrences of that event.  If the mod that publishes that event is not loaded or never runs to apoint where it publishes an occurrence of that event the the first mod will never see that event.  If the publishing mod is loaded and does reach that event then the mod which registered to watch for that event will receive an event notice and can take action.

A good example is the Sexlab Framework which publishes a number of events but we will focus on only one of them, the Orgasm event.  It is when they receive the Orgasm event from the framework that mods like Cumshot and Squirt know to start their special effects which brings up one more point, multiple mods can be signed up (subscribed) to a single event and all of them will be notified when the event occurs.

That was a perfect explanation. I just don't understand the implementation of them. Zaira gave me a working modevent connection to his mod. it looks like this:

bool function EnslavePlayer(Actor newMaster) global

int handle = ModEvent.Create("MariaEnslavePlayer")

if handle

ModEvent.PushForm(handle, newMaster as Form)

return ModEvent.Send(handle)

endif

return false

endfunction

I tried to put it where I put all of my non-dialogue scripts - in the stage fragment box. That didn't work. Skyrimll said to make a script of its own, which I did, and that compiles nicely. The part I'm having trouble with is how to call the modevent in the place where I want it. 

Skyrimll explained it to me:

You have to attach a script to your quest itself (last tab of the Quest panel) and define your functions there to call in the quest stages.

For an example, look at the Controller quest in SexLab Dialogues.

The script attached to the quest is:

https://github.com/M...LD_QST_Main.psc

And an example of call to one of its functions is in:

https://github.com/M...TIF_PCSub01.psc

but I saw nothing that looked like a trigger in there. So I asked him about that (this is where he probably started to really get a headache, poor patient guy). He said this:

In the SLD_TIF_PCSub01.psc script, this line calls a function ( SetNPCDialogueState() ) that is defined in the quest script SLD_QST_Main. 

This is done through a property .. here 'fctDialogue'.

So this line:

fctDialogue.SetNPCDialogueState ( akSpeaker )

.. means that we are using a function defined in a script.

The script is assigned using this:

SLD_QST_Main Property fctDialogue Auto

Where 'SLD_QST_Main' is the type of the property, using the name of the script without extension as a type.

<script name> Property <property name> Auto

Of course, remember to assign the property in CK to the actual script once you compiled it.

This seems similar to the way DA is set up but, even with all this stuff laid out in front of me, my brain just refuses to comprehend it. I tried setting the script I made as a proper....hmm...see, typing this all out helped. I think I may have figured it out. guess we'll know for sure soon (ish). :)

Thanks for your help!

Ooh, an mcm! I'll check it out, thanks. :)

Stupid me, in GetNumEnabledMods() forgot return result: just insert "return iCount" at the function's end. Sorry.

Fading is not removing if no slavery mods installed or checked. Just insert in NoMod_Slavery() body something like:

LightFade.ApplyCrossFade(3)
    utility.wait(3)
    LightFade.Remove()
    utility.wait(5)

SD+ works - checked with "profiles" 1-3 (but in first attempt "Enslavement" was not initiated. Don't know why!?)

QAYL - started

Captured Dream - started

Devious Cidhna - wrong QuestID "DvCidhna", must be changed to "DvCidhna_Quest" for example in SSLV_ConfigScr and fadeout must to be removed before "Prize" starts.

MariaEden - can't check (I do not use ME till zaria will finsh playing with race settings, sorry), but Maria's call must work.

Other mods can't check too because I do not use them.

Good Luck.

Updated:

Zaria seems joking about event name, in reality it "MariaPlayerEnslaveBy"

Here correct scripts (for Maria too - tested with last 1.19.0), still nothing to say about WolfClub, SoT, HiD... just overwrite.

scripts.7z

In the future maybe for checking mods use

i = Game.GetModByName("Maria.esp")
    if(i > 0 && i < 255)

instead GetQuest() - esp/esm names change rarely happens.

Gud Luck. ;)

Hey there, does this mod override Death Alternative's OnBlackout/Radiant Event settings (namely the %) when the player character is defeated?

SS is set by default to 80; the regular da quests are generally set to 10 or 20. So, yes, if defeated by bandits, this will override the da defaults. That is completely customizable in the da mcm, of course.

Ooh, an mcm! I'll check it out, thanks. :)

Stupid me, in GetNumEnabledMods() forgot return result: just insert "return iCount" at the function's end. Sorry.

Fading is not removing if no slavery mods installed or checked. Just insert in NoMod_Slavery() body something like:

LightFade.ApplyCrossFade(3)
    utility.wait(3)
    LightFade.Remove()
    utility.wait(5)
SD+ works - checked with "profiles" 1-3 (but in first attempt "Enslavement" was not initiated. Don't know why!?)

QAYL - started

Captured Dream - started

Devious Cidhna - wrong QuestID "DvCidhna", must be changed to "DvCidhna_Quest" for example in SSLV_ConfigScr and fadeout must to be removed before "Prize" starts.

MariaEden - can't check (I do not use ME till zaria will finsh playing with race settings, sorry), but Maria's call must work.

Other mods can't check too because I do not use them.

Good Luck.

Updated:

Zaria seems joking about event name, in reality it "MariaPlayerEnslaveBy"

Here correct scripts (for Maria too - tested with last 1.19.0), still nothing to say about WolfClub, SoT, HiD... just overwrite.

scripts.7z

In the future maybe for checking mods use

i = Game.GetModByName("Maria.esp")
    if(i > 0 && i < 255)
instead GetQuest() - esp/esm names change rarely happens.

Gud Luck. ;)

Thanks. I'm back to working 16 hours a day again, so it'll be awhile before I have time to incorporate these, but I do very much appreciate your time and effort. :)