Papyrus logs never show up for me unfortunately. Earlier when I was testing another mod for DocClox I tried getting them to work for over a week and eventually gave up, I hate papyrus logs with a burning passion ever since. 

So I guess I will give up on this mod then. 

Papyrus logs never show up for me unfortunately. Earlier when I was testing another mod for DocClox I tried getting them to work for over a week and eventually gave up, I hate papyrus logs with a burning passion ever since. 

I had trouble with logs not showing up too... I read all the posts about making them show up, made sure my .ini had the right stuff in it, but no dice.

Then I discovered that somehow I had two [papyrus] sections in my .ini file, and somehow one was overriding the other and neither one worked.

Check to see that there aren't two of these, only one:

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Giving up is not an option! We shall fix this!

One possibility that I generally avoid suggesting until the need is dire is to try a limited install using a different mod manager than mo. Put just the basic requirements in nmm (I know - anathema!) and run it from there, just to see if the issue replicates itself. I had to dump mo, alas, because I could never get the game to work right. I'm sure the problem was user error, but I couldn't figure it out.

noo, nothing like that there was one dialogue line: "Master" (apart from the dialogue lines that everyone has). I took it and he told me that he is not my master but some guy which is travelling around to free ppl. from slavery. and that iam free now. The i had 2 dialogue options 1. the Pls but i wanna be a slave which ended the interaction and 2. The "Umm thank you for freeing me" Line wich made him enslave me (funny thing he did it whilst he was lecturing that i could thank him by freeing other slaves).

Well, that's pretty funny- "you're free! Just kidding! Now get on your knees, dog!"

I'll fix it when I get time, thanks for letting me know.

Mhh after i found out that lately i had strange problems with Sd+ i came to the conclusion that it might be coming from there .... so if u find everything is right in your file  .... just dont search for too long :)

The longest part would be the initial one, but when you are dragged back in on subsequent enslavements, the people in charge would naturally be leery. "So, you ran away, eh? Guess the training didn't take properly."

But the time in subsequent trips would be much lessened if the player chooses subservient options. "No,I swear, my master was killed by brigands! I truly wanted to serve him!"

You'd need 75+ speechcraft for that :)

The longest part would be the initial one, but when you are dragged back in on subsequent enslavements, the people in charge would naturally be leery. "So, you ran away, eh? Guess the training didn't take properly."

But the time in subsequent trips would be much lessened if the player chooses subservient options. "No,I swear, my master was killed by brigands! I truly wanted to serve him!"

You'd need 75+ speechcraft for that :)

ooh...tied to speechcraft. Good idea.

jraser, if I'm running Simple Slavery will it override getting enslaved through SD+.  As an example:

Fight bandits.

Lose to bandits.

Go to Bleedout state.

Defeat mod runs.

Bandits do final attack.

Go to Blackout state.

Simple Slavery mod runs.

No matter where the percentage is for Simple Slavery in the DA MCM, I've had it as high as 80% and as low as 5% your mod always activates and direct SD+ enslavement never occurs.  I like the Simple Slavery mod but for variety sake it would be good if it didn't occur everytime.

I'm doing some more experiments with the DA menu to see if I can get other mods or events to trigger.  I haven't really paid attention until I started seeing a trend.  If my memory is correct I've had Wolfclub, Bandit Ransom and Falmer Enslavement (the DA event, not SD+) trigger while running Simple Slavery but not SD+.  As a matter of fact I don't recall the Wandering Briggand or Wake in an Inn event triggering when I've lost to a slaver faction.  That last part is a little fuzzy as my character is nearly 18th level and I don't remember all the details.

SS is set to the same priority as SD by default, so in theory they should fire an equal amount of times. The only thing I can think of is to make sure SD is set to 100% chance of being called - there is a setting for that in SD's mcm.

It's not a percentage chance, it's an override priority. The highest DA quest will always run first, if the conditions fail, next quest is tested. If the conditions are met, DA will go to the next state (bleedout,death) and skip all the quests with low priorities.

That's true in DA, yes. SD (and defeat, for that matter) has a setting to give a percentage chance of it being a qualifying mod for DA to choose. It's set to 100% by default in SD (50% in defeat).

The other option is that DA just runs its checks in the same order each time and SS comes before SD each time. I don't know of a way to fix that.

edit: other than adding my own percentage chance of SS starting. Guess I could do that.

I think would be a nice idea. Because if you set SD+ ans SS at the same priority the will be 50%. If one is higher, it will always override the other. If you would add a percentage in SS we could tweak the chance of enslavement/auction a little better.

Well, in theory they would be 50/50 if both were set to 80 (which is the default for both), but apparently da is choosing SS every time, at least in his game. Mine won't be configurable like skyrimll's is because an mcm menu is far beyond my capabilities

Okay, I should have time to mod this weekend. Stobor had graciously allowed me to link the pirates part of his devious cighna mod to SS, so that will be coming after I get wolfclub and Maria connected. Yay! Keep letting me know about other mods that would connect well to this - even if they aren't technically slavery mods (like Qayl), I can always try to adapt them.

Okay, I should have time to mod this weekend. Stobor had graciously allowed me to link the pirates part of his devious cighna mod to SS, so that will be coming after I get wolfclub and Maria connected. Yay! Keep letting me know about other mods that would connect well to this - even if they aren't technically slavery mods (like Qayl), I can always try to adapt them.

Sounds to me that I have to soon restart my game that I am restarting today. :D

I don't mind.

I took a small break from Skyrim and got back last week. Your mod has been a fun way to combine bunch of otherwise very diverse mods. So far I have been enjoying the mod and I am interested to see how this - and mods linking to it - goes forward.

In short:

Thanks. :)

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Tomorrow is the day to work on this mod. Here is what I hope to accomplish:

- Connect to Wolf Club

- Connect to Maria Eden

- Connect to Heroine in Distress

- Connect to the pirate portion of Devious Cighna

- Maybe figure out how to bind the slaves

- Incorporate Bane_Master's falling through the floor patch

Edit: If I manage those and still have time, I'll tweak things, such as adding a person to tell the player what's going on at the beginning of the QAYL scenario.

Functionally I have no problems with this mod, but I did notice something with the dialogue during the auction.

I see the auctioneer's lines, but I don't always see the bidders lines.  So basically I get stuff like "Can I get 400?" followed by "400, how about 500?" with no one actually bidding in between.

I'm guessing it's either because the auctioneer's lines tend to be longer, and therefore by the time the fus dialogue is done showing the subtitle,  it's showing the subtitles for the next auctioneer's line. (does that make sense?)   Or its because the bidders have left the room/building, which they seem to be doing.

Or ya know, some other reason  :P Not a huge deal just wanted to mention it.

I haven't tried wolfclub yet but if you manage to link to it I just might give it a try!  Thanks for your work

Functionally I have no problems with this mod, but I did notice something with the dialogue during the auction.

I see the auctioneer's lines, but I don't always see the bidders lines.  So basically I get stuff like "Can I get 400?" followed by "400, how about 500?" with no one actually bidding in between.

I'm guessing it's either because the auctioneer's lines tend to be longer, and therefore by the time the fus dialogue is done showing the subtitle,  it's showing the subtitles for the next auctioneer's line. (does that make sense?)   Or its because the bidders have left the room/building, which they seem to be doing.

Or ya know, some other reason  :P Not a huge deal just wanted to mention it.

I haven't tried wolfclub yet but if you manage to link to it I just might give it a try!  Thanks for your work

Left the room? I've never noticed that! Are they leaving by the front door, or just disappearing into thin air?

There was a version a while back with a hole in the floor, and the bidders would keep dropping into the basement and walking back up. Jfraser said it was a bug, but I know the truth - he was planning on putting a treadmill between the stairs and the hole and having the bidders power his doomsday device. :)

But, IIRC, it's because the bidders are juuuuust slightly too far out of range, so their response dialog doesn't reach your ears... erm, eyes.

Left the room? I've never noticed that! Are they leaving by the front door, or just disappearing into thin air?

Yeah, they totally walk downstairs and also around the corner to the room with 2 beds.  I noticed immediately that they would switch seats, so at first I just ignored the movement.  Then at one point I noticed only one bidder in a seat, so I went into freecam mode to hunt them down.  I've gone through the scene several times so I really started watching the last couple of times.

I never actually saw them leave the building, but I can't account for all of them after a few minutes.  If that's news to you, it might be on my end.  I will admit to having played with ai packages for the vanilla npcs, and I might have messed something up.

One other thing I just noticed, if you make a save right when you wake up (before talking to John Randall), then reload it later, almost all the bidders are naked!  Pretty funny, especially with More Devious Quests, so they try to cover themselves  :lol:

Yeah, they totally walk downstairs and also around the corner to the room with 2 beds. I noticed immediately that they would switch seats, so at first I just ignored the movement. Then at one point I noticed only one bidder in a seat, so I went into freecam mode to hunt them down. I've gone through the scene several times so I really started watching the last couple of times.

I never actually saw them leave the building, but I can't account for all of them after a few minutes. If that's news to you, it might be on my end. I will admit to having played with ai packages for the vanilla npcs, and I might have messed something up.

One other thing I just noticed, if you make a save right when you wake up (before talking to John Randall), then reload it later, almost all the bidders are naked! Pretty funny, especially with More Devious Quests, so they try to cover themselves :lol:

As CC mentioned, it's because they're out of range. I thought I had fixed the problem when I moved the auction to a smaller space, but no such luck. That said, I didn't realize they were going into other rooms, so thanks. It never occurred to me to fee cam to watch them.

the naked audience is a weird bug. It reminds me, though, that I need to add an auto save there. If I can figure out how.

Yeah, they totally walk downstairs and also around the corner to the room with 2 beds. I noticed immediately that they would switch seats, so at first I just ignored the movement. Then at one point I noticed only one bidder in a seat, so I went into freecam mode to hunt them down. I've gone through the scene several times so I really started watching the last couple of times.

I never actually saw them leave the building, but I can't account for all of them after a few minutes. If that's news to you, it might be on my end. I will admit to having played with ai packages for the vanilla npcs, and I might have messed something up.

One other thing I just noticed, if you make a save right when you wake up (before talking to John Randall), then reload it later, almost all the bidders are naked! Pretty funny, especially with More Devious Quests, so they try to cover themselves :lol:

As CC mentioned, it's because they're out of range. I thought I had fixed the problem when I moved the auction to a smaller space, but no such luck. That said, I didn't realize they were going into other rooms, so thanks. It never occurred to me to fee cam to watch them.

the naked audience is a weird bug. It reminds me, though, that I need to add an auto save there. If I can figure out how.

I recommend removing all furniture and activators from the cell that you don't want them to use... sandbox AI tends to travel long distances to do silly things like sit down and immediately stand up, rinse and repeat.

It's weird... duplicating a cell removes portal triggers on doors, so the NPCs shouldn't be able to leave the auction house at all, even if they do something dumb like congregate in one spot.

You might also consider changing the navmesh... that might have something to do with it.

Or, and this might be a really stupid idea, but make lifelike statues of the NPCs... set them to be dead from the start, and disallow havok physics on them?

I had an NPC I wanted to stay in one place... in The Devious Manual, the second dead courier (near the wispmother) was originally planned to be alive at his little shrine, and you had multiple possible options to get the book from him... but no matter what I did with his AI packages, he kept wandering around, attacking or fleeing various wolves, spiders, and other hostile creatures in the region... I still don't know what I was doing wrong with him. I know there's a way to get them to stay in one spot, because I've seen vanilla NPCs do that... but IDK how. The tutorials I've looked at, most can tell you how to make patrol routes or sleep schedules or the like, but none I can find tell you how to make an NPC just freaking stand there.

if it's indoors, put in an x-marker and then link them to it. they'll stay in place. they will move outdoors to defend themselves, however. this is one of the main reasons i moved the auction inside. 

i kind of like the way the audience moves around - it makes me feel even less valued when the audience gets up and does something else in the middle of the auction. Hey! I don't want to be a slave, but pay attention! 

I see that this mod plans to connect with Maria Eden, so I wonder if Maria Eden will not start at the beginning of a new game until initiated by this mod? I was thinking of using an alternate start mod like LADL or ImmerSlave to begin with.

I have not kept up with the development of the mods here to know of any changes beside reading the mod file page, but I do understand that connecting to Maria Eden is still WIP.

I see that this mod plans to connect with Maria Eden, so I wonder if Maria Eden will not start at the beginning of a new game until initiated by this mod? I was thinking of using an alternate start mod like LADL or ImmerSlave to begin with.

I have not kept up with the development of the mods here to know of any changes beside reading the mod file page, but I do understand that connecting to Maria Eden is still WIP.

Yes, Maria has been updated and will now play nicely with other slavery mods.I think it still has an alternate beginning, but it doesn't have to start that way.