I actually wasn't even aware of the errors. I don't even use RaceMenu... O.o

Weird... Anyway, I did as you said but still have the same issue. If you need anything else just let me know, and thanks a ton for all the help. I know it must be annoying dealing with idiots like me who can't seem to get things to work properly. XD

Weird... Anyway, I did as you said but still have the same issue. If you need anything else just let me know, and thanks a ton for all the help. I know it must be annoying dealing with idiots like me who can't seem to get things to work properly. XD

that might be part of the problem, although I'm not sure how it would affect SS. Do you use Enhance Character Edit?

Edit: also, it's not a problem to help those who need it. We were all new to the process once, and even the most experienced person can get flummoxed by Skyrim.

I quickly parsed that log, and this may be the error you seek (among others):

[05/16/2017 - 08:05:18PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "QuestStart" in state "" on object "SSLV_DAIntScript".
[05/16/2017 - 08:05:18PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script SSLV_DAIntScript to SSLV_DAInt (C100FB14) because their base types do not match
[05/16/2017 - 08:05:18PM] Error: Unable to link "DefeatPostEventMaster" - the parent of "SSLV_SSDefeat".
[05/16/2017 - 08:05:18PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script SSLV_SSDefeat to Defeat_SimpleSlavery (C20012C4) because their base types do not match

That log is dirty btw.

that might be part of the problem, although I'm not sure how it would affect SS. Do you use Enhance Character Edit?

Edit: also, it's not a problem to help those who need it. We were all new to the process once, and even the most experienced person can get flummoxed by Skyrim.

Might have to get with another modder that has knowledge on how to export their own logs when things are/aren't working correctly. Export data pertaining to initialization and then whenever the auction house is used, and every time a script from SS is used. Would give you a better readout on problems, if any, with your mod.

My typical skyrim, with everything working, new game, few if any errors, if I have moved even 1 mod in the load order, after the first save, I can end up with 100s of errors about base types not matching anymore. Almost like the base types become hard coded into the savegame for exact locations, rather than floating according to the mod order on each load. And due to moving a few mods, loading, saving, then moving again, I have actually had those errors duplicate themselves at times.

@wishbone346, RaceMenu is your Skyrim Base character sellection, and already a part of the game. Then of course the Mod Racemenu, adds lots of features and possible adjustments for the character's appearances... Now the console command showracemenu, should work even without the mod. I started a new game recently, and did not have Racemenu active as a mod, using Skyrim Unbound, and it still had the option to open racemenu before starting the adventure, that still worked just fine, as Racemenu mod is not a requirement for Unbound. The errors being reported could be because of other character creation overhauls you are using.

Yeah I do use ECE, and after looking at the log I posted I think I know why the errors occurred. During one of my attempts at starting a new game to see if the mod would work the game crashed during character creation (something that happens on occasion due to one of the hair mods I use.) I'm pretty sure I gave you that log.

Hello, is it alright to update this mod in the middle of a playthrough if not currently captured or enslaved?

questionable. I didn't have time to do much testing, but for me, the dialogue that starts the auction would not show up on a previous save.

But you could just setstage simpleslavery 10 to get around that.

Edit: also, sanguine's debauchery would not start on an old save, so...yeah. a new game is your only guarantee.

Hello, is it alright to update this mod in the middle of a playthrough if not currently captured or enslaved?

questionable. I didn't have time to do much testing, but for me, the dialogue that starts the auction would not show up on a previous save.

Edit: also, sanguine's debauchery would not start on an old save, so...yeah. a new game is your only guarantee.

Adding my 2 cents worth...

Provided you use that mod. If not, you can update in the middle of a play through without worry.

If you don't want to start over, to be safe, just remove SS load, change zones, save, add SS new, and continue. Naturally, you will have to re-tick previous choices.

Adding my 2 cents worth...

Provided you use that mod. If not, you can update in the middle of a play through without worry.

If you don't want to start over, to be safe, just remove SS load, change zones, save, add SS new, and continue. Naturally, you will have to re-tick previous choices.

yes, a clean save, as succinctly described here, is always the minimum recommended thing to do. :)

I think I have identified the issue with SS 5.1 not registering in Death Alternative 7.0.1.

It appears there are some missing properties on the script that initializes SS in DA.

Attached is a patched esp that should fix the problem (posted with jfraser's permission)

Just install the patch allowing it to overwrite the original esp and it should be good to go.

Edit: Please be aware that this fix will only work for new games or if you completely clean SS from your save before trying to reinstall

Simple Slavery 5.1 DA Patch.7z

SS 5.1, new game, the doors from the holding are to the auction area aren't doors. Previously, they were doors that required keys. Now, they look like doors, but they don't open, and they don't have an activator. I had the convo with John Randall, now supposed to move to the block, but nothing is happening.

Anybody else seeing this?

I think I have identified the issue with SS 5.1 not registering in Death Alternative 7.0.1.

It appears there are some missing properties on the script that initializes SS in DA.

Attached is a patched esp that should fix the problem (posted with jfraser's permission)

Just install the patch allowing it to overwrite the original esp and it should be good to go.

Confirmed. cool.gif  Appeared to only work on new games though. Tried it on my existing test save but no luck. (Maybe some console command might help for anybody with an ongoing game?) 

SS 5.1, new game, the doors from the holding are to the auction area aren't doors. Previously, they were doors that required keys. Now, they look like doors, but they don't open, and they don't have an activator. I had the convo with John Randall, now supposed to move to the block, but nothing is happening.

do you have Devious Framework? If not, make sure the walk to auction box in the mcm is unchecked.

thank you, Bane. I'll get this added asap. I should have thought to check the properties. Been too long since I had time to mod. XD

Confirmed. cool.gif Appeared to only work on new games though. Tried it on my existing test save but no luck. (Maybe some console command might help for anybody with an ongoing game?)
yes, unfortunately a lot of the SS functionality goes away on upgrades - a new game always seems required. I don't know how to fix that.

Edit: setstage simpleslavery 10 will begin the auction. Some outcomes might prove buggy on am old save, though. SD, for instance, never seems to connect when upgrading on an old save.

Awesome! Thanks a ton for this! :)

do you have Devious Framework? If not, make sure the walk to auction box in the mcm is unchecked. 

Yes, Devious Framework 2.06 in use, and the checkbox is checked. Was hitting the bandit fort near Rorikstead (honestly can't remember if it's vanilla), so got teleported to the auction cell rather than walked.

Will start a new game sans Devious Framework (and checkbox unchecked) and report if it happens there too.

Thanks for the update :D

Maybe i missed it in the description but.

What does the Simple Slavery Defeat.esp do? Connects with sexlab Defeat? Or is that the optional esp that make the captors walk you to the auction?

it helps with the connection to defeat. It won't hurt anything if you don't have defeat.

Even without the defeat patch, I'm seeing a new event in the Defeat MCM for sending to Simple Slavery. Was that MCM option added by SS? Even w/o the patch?

Patch didn't work for me. Rescanned w/ DA and it's still not picking up SS.

Papyrus log:

daymoyl - All Registered Events Validated
Error: Cannot call iQuestType() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 145
	[alias PlayerRef on quest SSLV_DARegister (6903B46E)].daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.RegisterQuests() - "daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.psc" Line 22
[05/20/2017 - 05:26:05PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp33"
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 145
	[alias PlayerRef on quest SSLV_DARegister (6903B46E)].daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.RegisterQuests() - "daymoyl_PlayerValidateQuestAlias.psc" Line 22
[05/20/2017 - 05:26:05PM] Error: Cannot call iQuestType() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 154
[05/20/2017 - 05:26:05PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp33"
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 154
[05/20/2017 - 05:26:05PM] Error: Cannot call iQuestType() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 163
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 163
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 172
stack:
	[daymoyl_monitorconfig (19059A03)].daymoyl_monitorregistry.RegisterQuest() - "daymoyl_monitorregistry.psc" Line 172
[05/20/2017 - 05:26:05PM] daymoyl - Invalid quest type

Since the Defeat patch is now separate from the main esp, and doesn't install defeatpascr.pex, does that mean that defeatpascr.pex bundled in the main archive is no longer necessary? I'm setting up a new game (can't really call it a playthrough since it's been 5 MO profiles since I've seen Mirmulnir), and MO insists the original Defeat script should overwrite the one from Simple Slavery.

Thanks

What does the Simple Slavery Defeat.esp do? Connects with sexlab Defeat? Or is that the optional esp that make the captors walk you to the auction?

it helps with the connection to defeat. It won't hurt anything if you don't have defeat.

Even without the defeat patch, I'm seeing a new event in the Defeat MCM for sending to Simple Slavery. Was that MCM option added by SS? Even w/o the patch?

that option has actually been n Defeat for quite awhile. The patch just helps the leash part link a little more cleanly.

Since the Defeat patch is now separate from the main esp, and doesn't install defeatpascr.pex, does that mean that defeatpascr.pex bundled in the main archive is no longer necessary? I'm setting up a new game (can't really call it a playthrough since it's been 5 MO profiles since I've seen Mirmulnir), and MO insists the original Defeat script should overwrite the one from Simple Slavery.

Thanks

the SS version should overwrite the Defeat version.

Papyrus log:

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
well, it recognises SS is there, so that's something. Hmm...

Papyrus log:

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

Sorry, goitta jump in here.

I get that a LOT from when I have moved or removed a mod, changing the load order, even by 1 slot.

Now, if you get it on the start of a new game, it generally means there are multiple instances of those files, perhaps some in a .bsa, and some loose files. You may want to consider cleaning out your data folder, and starting fresh with mods you know that you love. Try to keep the same load order as you have now for best effect. - Also, watch out for some "patches" that are supposed to be replacers, but instead of keeping the original id, they change, so their base types don't match for the main mod, or the patch for that mod isn't actually compatible with the current version. Also this "error" can be caused during mod updates, especially if you don't keep it in the same load order it was in prior to the update. AKA : False Warnings and errors. - Can be tested in game play, if the mod works just fine. Even when screaming errors in papyrus, then they are false warnings, due to above reasons. Also, if the patch fails, it's for the wrong version and most likely needs an update it's self.

that option has actually been n Defeat for quite awhile. The patch just helps the leash part link a little more cleanly.

Oh, so if we don't use Devious Framework and the lease option, then the patch is not needed, right?

Oh, so if we don't use Devious Framework and the lease option, then the patch is not needed, right?

No need to add a patch for what you do not use :) so yes, that is correct.

Papyrus log:

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

Sorry, goitta jump in here.

I get that a LOT from when I have moved or removed a mod, changing the load order, even by 1 slot.

Now, if you get it on the start of a new game, it generally means there are multiple instances of those files, perhaps some in a .bsa, and some loose files. You may want to consider cleaning out your data folder, and starting fresh with mods you know that you love. Try to keep the same load order as you have now for best effect. - Also, watch out for some "patches" that are supposed to be replacers, but instead of keeping the original id, they change, so their base types don't match for the main mod, or the patch for that mod isn't actually compatible with the current version. Also this "error" can be caused during mod updates, especially if you don't keep it in the same load order it was in prior to the update. AKA : False Warnings and errors. - Can be tested in game play, if the mod works just fine. Even when screaming errors in papyrus, then they are false warnings, due to above reasons. Also, if the patch fails, it's for the wrong version and most likely needs an update it's self.

I use MO. My data folder is clean. This is also a new game with SS 5.1 (was setting up the MCM menus when I saw the DA registration issue). I didn't start a new game with the patch though.

Has anyone else tested the patch to see if it works?

See next post.

Since the Defeat patch is now separate from the main esp, and doesn't install defeatpascr.pex, does that mean that defeatpascr.pex bundled in the main archive is no longer necessary? I'm setting up a new game (can't really call it a playthrough since it's been 5 MO profiles since I've seen Mirmulnir), and MO insists the original Defeat script should overwrite the one from Simple Slavery.

Thanks

the SS version should overwrite the Defeat version.

Papyrus log:

stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:
stack:

Did some testing. It must be related to a Run Once flag on the quest or something.

The patch only works by either (1) starting a new game or (2) cleanly re-installing the mod on a save using save game cleaner.