Tried it some more, and yeah, nothing seems to work for me, even with that module that you linked me.

So that means I need RaceMenu? Apparently, they're at least semi-compatable, but I like how ECE looks more, judging by screenshots. Ah well.

Well, I'd appreciate it if you could at least try RaceMenu, and tell me if that fixes things. NetImmerse Override *should* be all that's needed, but if it makes a difference for you, I need to know that.

Hey, I installed the latest update which uses the MCM. I can apply the tattoos, but when I go ingame and then open MCM again, all the tatoos have reset, so I have to chose them again, even if I only wanted to change one of them, same goes for NPCs. Is this supposed to be that way?

Also I noticed that if you have a tattoo in RaceMenu and you make it transparent, then all the Slave tattoos activated through MCM that use the same "slot" will also be transparent, so I have to open RaceMenu and change the colours manually. I also have only 5 slots available for body tattoos, but I suppose that's a RaceMenu thing?

Hey, I installed the latest update which uses the MCM. I can apply the tattoos, but when I go ingame and then open MCM again, all the tatoos have reset, so I have to chose them again, even if I only wanted to change one of them, same goes for NPCs. Is this supposed to be that way?

Yes, for now. I'm playing with making it more convenient, but it's not ready yet.

Also I noticed that if you have a tattoo in RaceMenu and you make it transparent, then all the Slave tattoos activated through MCM that use the same "slot" will also be transparent, so I have to open RaceMenu and change the colours manually.

Ah, thanks. I'll fix that.

I also have only 5 slots available for body tattoos, but I suppose that's a RaceMenu thing?

Yeah, that's a RaceMenu/NiOverride thing.

NICE WORK 
how ever I have been trying to mix any textures  that are out there into it since  I like to use one of a kind mod for every task!
yours seem to be the best solution for ingame tattoo applying!
tried to get a rose stamp or a skull or a nice lower back formation but failed so far to find any textures out there that are overlay friendly :(
but i am not giving up    ..   would appreciate a quick tutorial  how to gimp a   psd image into   one of your textures !

Well, I'm at my wits end getting this to work for me. 

Doesn't seem like it wants to display anything on any character. I either get a brief white flash after exiting the menu, or nothing happens at all.

Tried using both RaceMenu (by default), then NIOveride, save - load - save etc... No dice.

Any ideas?  :-/

NICE WORK 

how ever I have been trying to mix any textures  that are out there into it since  I like to use one of a kind mod for every task!

tried to get a rose stamp or a skull or a nice lower back formation but failed so far to find any textures out there that are overlay friendly :(

but i am not giving up    ..   would appreciate a quick tutorial  how to gimp a   psd image into   one of your textures !

For the body tattoos, they are square 1024x1024 images, with a transparent background and a foreground color of #444544. If you create such an image and save it as a DDS (https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/) you'll be able to overwrite one of my textures with it.

The difficult part is getting the picture you want to appear where you want it on the body. The easiest way to do that is to download one of the UNP skin packages and open it in another layer of your image editor. That way, you can use it as a reference as you edit. Just remember not to include the skin texture in your image when you save the DDS.

Doesn't seem like it wants to display anything on any character. I either get a brief white flash after exiting the menu, or nothing happens at all.

Tried using both RaceMenu (by default), then NIOveride, save - load - save etc... No dice.

The tattoos blink on and then off? That sounds like you have another mod installed that also messes with overlays. Can you think of anything you have that could be doing that?

Also, make sure that SlaveTats is *after* RaceMenu or NiOverride in the load order. In fact, put it after pretty much everything.

NICE WORK 

For the body tattoos, they are square 1024x1024 images, with a transparent background and a foreground color of #444544. If you create such an image and save it as a DDS (https://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/) you'll be able to overwrite one of my textures with it.

The difficult part is getting the picture you want to appear where you want it on the body. The easiest way to do that is to download one of the UNP skin packages and open it in another layer of your image editor. That way, you can use it as a reference as you edit. Just remember not to include the skin texture in your image when you save the DDS.

thx  for reply  ...   but I can not open any of your dds files still !!

message says unexpected end of file!

I will try from scartch following your info and let u know !

Opening 'G:\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\slavetats\ass_1000.dds' failed: DDS image plug-In could not open image

edit :  :)  yay it works I just managed to import a tribal tatto on but cheek to your mod in place of ass_1000     lower belly    choice :)

I guess your file naming strategy has nothing to do with location of tattoo !!!

ok as soon as I complete a nice dds package based on hacking your mod I will upload the textures here so you can incorporate whatever you like into   your mod if u have a chance :)

note I will only  use the publically  released psd sources from tatto makers or those who gave permission to everyone to use what ever is included in there msn_body.dds tatto packages!

thx for the help >> excellent mod!

NICE WORK 

thx  for reply  ...   but I can not open any of your dds files still !!

message says unexpected end of file!

I will try from scartch following your info and let u know !

Opening 'G:\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\slavetats\ass_1000.dds' failed: DDS image plug-In could not open image

My files have been compressed with DXT5 after being saved. You shouldn't need to open them, though... I've just told you how to create your own.

The tattoos blink on and then off? That sounds like you have another mod installed that also messes with overlays. Can you think of anything you have that could be doing that?

Also, make sure that SlaveTats is *after* RaceMenu or NiOverride in the load order. In fact, put it after pretty much everything.

Well, they don't appear at all, but I might have a mod somewhere that messes about with overlays just the same. I'll poke around a bit and see if I find anything.

Cheers!

----------

I poked around a bit, but I couldn't really find anything. Would papyrus logs show what the issue might be?

Nope, no dice there either.

Well, I am an idiot, turns out I had forgotten to update RaceMenu in a while. DISREGARD EVERYTHING, PROBLEM SOLVED. I'll just go hide in shame. :(

Now that it is working though, I can confirm that the face options doesn't appear to work. 

Well   ,  I strongly recommend    that you check out this belly initial A for male
and belly initial B   for female !  not sure this was what  your thinking when you made the mod!
the only dds compression that worked for me was dx1      but file sizes is 512 k only so it is ok !
I ll probably make a lot more stuff just wanted the input ... 

BY the way   so far 50 % of the time the cell  that  I load the save in does not show me tattoos applied till I change it !

tatoosmerge.rar

Well, I am an idiot, turns out I had forgotten to update RaceMenu in a while. DISREGARD EVERYTHING, PROBLEM SOLVED. I'll just go hide in shame. :(

Now that it is working though, I can confirm that the face options doesn't appear to work. 

Well, I'm glad that's solved :)

What sort of troubles are you having with the faces?

Those are pretty cool, but not really in theme for SlaveTats. They'd make a nice addition to a general tattoos mod.

I do not think  there is any other REAL tattoo   mod out there :)

your mod is the only one with real overlay -npc   option !!    all other mods  overrides whatever body the player is using and are  therefor not even applicable individually to the NpCs in game :) :)

the best anyone has done is to separate tattoos by race!

when I am done with this I will also have  nails and feet nails !

perhaps u   could consider making another version of the mod for cosmetic purposes without the slave theme! at any case I am glad you  made this!

It doesn't work for some reason. I open the MCM menu, chose Skeleton, select a tattoo exit but no tattoos appear on the player. I'm using UNPB.

You're seriously trying to tattoo a skeleton? Or is that your character's name?

To function, this mod does require either RaceMenu or NetImmerse Override to be installed and working. Do you have that?

I tried to apply the tattoos from the MCM menu, my char was the only one in the room my mistake though, I had to press T to chose texture in RaceMenu for it to display on my char.

Hi Murfk. Neat mod, synergizes well with a lot of the DD content. 

I've hit a few issues as well, with the face tattoos. Namely, after selecting my PC, and applying any combination of facial tattoos, they are not visibly applied after the menu is closed. I looked through your code briefly while researching this issue (And one other I encountered, more on that in a moment), though the cause of the problem was not evident. There are no errors in the log, and I have Racemenu installed (With NetImmerse bundled). To verify that it wasn't an issue of an outdated lib, I updated the NetImmerse dll to the latest version, to no avail. I'm not looking for support with this, as I ended up resolving it satisfactorily in my local game by just creating a quick racemenu plugin with the face tattoos.

The second issue I hit was an immediate CTD in OnConfigClose() while attempting to apply tattoos. Did a bit of debugging, and determined that it was reproducibly crashing on the 4th-5th call to "Game.UpdateTintMaskColors()" in your facial tattoo loop. Interestingly, the crash only occurs when my ENB is enabled. Worked around by disabling my ENB with Shift-f12 prior to manipulating tattoos.

As I said, not looking for support, I am simply sharing my findings.

Hi Murfk. Neat mod, synergizes well with a lot of the DD content. 

I've hit a few issues as well, with the face tattoos. Namely, after selecting my PC, and applying any combination of facial tattoos, they are not visibly applied after the menu is closed. I looked through your code briefly while researching this issue (And one other I encountered, more on that in a moment), though the cause of the problem was not evident. There are no errors in the log, and I have Racemenu installed (With NetImmerse bundled). To verify that it wasn't an issue of an outdated lib, I updated the NetImmerse dll to the latest version, to no avail. I'm not looking for support with this, as I ended up resolving it satisfactorily in my local game by just creating a quick racemenu plugin with the face tattoos.

The second issue I hit was an immediate CTD in OnConfigClose() while attempting to apply tattoos. Did a bit of debugging, and determined that it was reproducibly crashing on the 4th-5th call to "Game.UpdateTintMaskColors()" in your facial tattoo loop. Interestingly, the crash only occurs when my ENB is enabled. Worked around by disabling my ENB with Shift-f12 prior to manipulating tattoos.

As I said, not looking for support, I am simply sharing my findings.

I really appreciate the feedback. I intentionally put the face tattoos at the end of the tint list, hoping to avoid conflicts with other mods. I wonder if by doing that I inadvertantly created a conflict with ENB.

I wish I had a way to get a handle on why the face tattoos aren't working for some people. It's not a problem I've been able to reproduce yet.

When I close MCM it correctly applies the tattoo and colour, and then it adds the "glow" which seems to override the colour. When the "glow" is set to black, then the tattoo is just super-faint and colourless. I tried updating Racemenu and it didn't fix the problem.

Face tattoos don't work at all.

edit: The cow full-body tattoo doesn't lose its colour and is working normally.

Hmm, don't have time tonight to troubleshoot but using char gen, racemenu, enb, and ningheim race and the new version doesn't save selections and sometimes loses my body texture or mis textures the face, even started a new character just to be safe and same issues. Great mod so far though just a matter of working the kinks out.