Are there any mods that give your character disadvantages while wearing (forced) tatoos?

QAYL does. It does admittedly have the drawback of not being finished, and I never did implement some of the consequences I had in mind. But the Meat Stamp definitely has its drawbacks :)

Apologies for the double post: I've just posted a slavetats workshop on my blog.

It expands on Oli's instructions from earlier in this topic and breaks the process down step by step.

By way of illustration it turns this:

mGweZ8j.png

into this:

5Mnwkdt.png

The deadric translates as "Hurt Me Baby!" if anyone's interested :)

Any ideas on why tats look like really dark gray instead of black when I make them?

The color inside photoshop is set to  #444544 and inside the game to black, but the tats I make black in photoshop are always a bit darker in game than the ones I color with  #444544

Hi all. Im having a problem with tats not being displayed on my character or npc's . I can see the MCM menu and can select my character or NPC. When i apply a tattoo i get a message indicating that slavetats is doing its thing but the tattoos dont appear. A google search revealed very little in the way of others reporting this problem. Ive tried clean installs of slavetats, NI override and JContainers with no success. Im running the latest Skse i could find, 1.7.3  I also tried without NI override, no dice. Also tried re-installing my skin textures just in case. 

The only significant thing ive installed recently is bodyslide 2 so that i could try out UUNP. Could there be an issue there perhaps?

Thanks in advance.  :-/

Sounds strange. Bodyslide shouldn't have a bearing - the tats are just texture overlays. Worst thing that could happen is that some of the tats end up in the wrong place.

What happens if you disable all the mods apart from slavetats? does it work then?

What are you making them with, and how do you save them?

Photoshop as .dds

Had the same problem (nvidia plugin, I assume?)

What you need to do is create the tattoo in photoshop, save it as .PNG with transparent background. Then open the .png file with Paint.net program and save it as .dds there (can't remember if you need a plugin or it supports it natively, but I think it's the latter) 

Doesn't really solve the problem in PS, but at least you can make tats.

Sounds strange. Bodyslide shouldn't have a bearing - the tats are just texture overlays. Worst thing that could happen is that some of the tats end up in the wrong place.

What happens if you disable all the mods apart from slavetats? does it work then?

Turns out it wasnt bodyslide, it was ENB which is even more bizarre. Still got ST working again so...woot!   :sleepy:

I have a gift and a question. First the gift:

Scriptname qayl_actor_tatter extends ObjectReference

String Property name1 Auto

String Property area1 Auto

int Property color1 Auto

String Property name2 Auto

String Property area2 Auto

int Property color2 Auto

String Property name3 Auto

String Property area3 Auto

int Property color3 Auto

String Property name4 Auto

String Property area4 Auto

int Property color4 Auto

int property num_tats auto

bool property done auto

event oninit()

bool last_flag

if done

; debug.messagebox("done")

return

endif

done = true

actor a = (self as ObjectReference) as actor

; debug.messagebox("tatting " + a.getdisplayname() + "with "+ num_tats +" tats")

last_flag = (num_tats == 1)

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(a, area1, name1, color1, last_flag, true)

if last_flag

return

endif

last_flag = (num_tats == 2)

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(a, area2, name2, color2, last_flag, true)

if last_flag

return

endif

last_flag = (num_tats == 3)

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(a, area3, name3, color3, last_flag , true)

if last_flag

return

endif

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(a, area4, name4, color4, true, true)

endevent

That's a generic tattoo applicator script. Attech it to an actor in the game, set the props and when the reference initialises, the tats get applied.

The only problem is it doesn't work too well if the target isn't in the player's cell. The tats get applied but don't render. I know they get applied because you can see them in MCM.

So the question is: there a good way to force tats to display?

Is it possible to add more than six slots to body or so ? Saw that it was a feature in version 1.1 and I am using 1.1.1 but I cant figure out how.

go to Data/SKSE/Plugins folder, open nioveride.ini file.  Toward the bottom will be overlays/body, overlays/feet, overlays/hands, overlays/face.  Change the number for iNumOverlays to the number of slots you want.  Make sure to back up the file before you do this. 

Turns out it wasnt bodyslide, it was ENB which is even more bizarre. Still got ST working again so...woot!   :sleepy:

YOURE A GENIUS!!!!

IVE BEEN BEGGING FOR HELP CUZ I WAS SUFFERING FROM THIS SAME ISSUE

I GOT RID OF MY ENB AND IT WORKED!!!!

IVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX IT FOR MONTHS!!!

TYTYTYTYTY!

Has anyone had problems with slots vanishing from SlaveTats for no apparent reason?

My body menu is suddenly down to three slots in total and I can't think what would cause that.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you updated Racemenu or anything else recently?

Check the iNumOverlays value in nioverride.ini file...

It's possible. I loaded up a lot of cosmetic stuff I wouldn't normally touch when I was doing those screenshots.

I don't seem to have an nioverride.ini file at all. Not in the skse folder or anywhere under skyrim - or in the MyGames folder for that matter. Unless ModOrganizer squirrelled it away somewhere

[edit]

Still don't know what it was, but re-installing slavetats and racemenu seems to have shifted it. Been that sort of a day, really :)

If you're using MO the nioverride file is in:-

\Mod Organizer\mods\RaceMenu v3-2-2-29624-3-2-2\SKSE\Plugins

Yeah - I did a directory search from ModOrganizer\mods and didn't find it. (Actually I searched from Skyrim, but my MO install is in the Skyrim folder so I searched them both). I also looked in the MO data tab under SKSE\Plugins and it wasn't there either.

I think something must have deleted the damn thing. Not sure how that could happen, but reinstalling fixed the problem, so it's all good :)