It's counting the number of matches. If the # of matches is larger than 0, that means it already exists, so it returns.  Code looks right to me.

I realize that, but the preceding code to that section also queries for existing (not only applied) tattoos:

if query_available_tattoos(template, matches)
    JValue.cleanPool("SlaveTatsHighLevel")
    return false
endif

tattoo = JValue.addToPool(JArray.getObj(matches, 0), "SlaveTatsHighLevel")
JMap.setInt(tattoo, "color", color)

if query_applied_tattoos(target, template, matches)
    return false
endif

And if I'm not mistaken, those 'query_*' functions will add a new entry to the template array, not replacing them, which means even when there's no previously applied tattoos, the function will return prematurely when the specified tattoo exists - and of course you can't apply a tattoo that does not exist :)

Anyways, I could only use that function to apply any tattoo to a NPC which does not have any tattoos when I changed that code not to return when there's a match.

But if I'm really mistaken, have anyone successfully used simple_add_tattoo API successfully? If so, it'd be much helpful if they could explain the correct usage, or what might be gone wrong when you can't get the desired result with it.

All of which is weird because Slavetats does nothing when you're not interacting with the MCM. No code is even running.

Yes, but what about the memory structures created and used by the mod to catalog all the tats?  If those are created new onload but never released then there could be an ongoing increase in the memory usage.

(Just shooting in the dark for a possible reason here).

Those are all handled by JContainers or NetImmerse Override, and in both cases are stored outside the save file.

It's counting the number of matches. If the # of matches is larger than 0, that means it already exists, so it returns.  Code looks right to me.

I realize that, but the preceding code to that section also queries for existing (not only applied) tattoos:

if query_available_tattoos(template, matches)
    return false
endif

tattoo = JValue.addToPool(JArray.getObj(matches, 0), "SlaveTatsHighLevel")
JMap.setInt(tattoo, "color", color)

if query_applied_tattoos(target, template, matches)
    return false
endif

And if I'm not mistaken, those 'query_*' functions will add a new entry to the template array, not replacing them, which means even when there's no previously applied tattoos, the function will return prematurely when the specified tattoo exists - and of course you can't apply a tattoo that does not exist :)

Anyways, I could only use that function to apply any tattoo to a NPC which does not have any tattoos when I changed that code not to return when there's a match.

But if I'm really mistaken, have anyone successfully used simple_add_tattoo API successfully? If so, it'd be much helpful if they could explain the correct usage, or what might be gone wrong when you can't get the desired result with it.

You're right that there's a bug, though not precisely where you were looking. The matches array should have been cleared before the call to query_applied_tattoos.

I was going to post a patched version for you, but it seems that my creation kit has exploded. I'll get it as soon as I can.

Version 1.1.1 is uploaded containing this fix.

You're right that there's a bug, though not precisely where you were looking. The matches array should have been cleared before the call to query_applied_tattoos.

I was going to post a patched version for you, but it seems that my creation kit has exploded. I'll get it as soon as I can.

Version 1.1.1 is uploaded containing this fix.

That's great! Thanks for the help :)

Not sure this is really a bug, but it is something that doesn't seem quite right; I also run blush when aroused, and I noticed that slavetats will remove the overlays that blush uses, thereby breaking blush. Any chance of a check for existing overlays instead of just removing any currently applied overlays? This only happens if I go into the slavetats MCM.

Not sure this is really a bug, but it is something that doesn't seem quite right; I also run blush when aroused, and I noticed that slavetats will remove the overlays that blush uses, thereby breaking blush. Any chance of a check for existing overlays instead of just removing any currently applied overlays? This only happens if I go into the slavetats MCM.

It's pretty careful not to mess with overlays that aren't part of SlaveTats. I'm not sure why Blush is sneaking by, but I'll look into it.

Stupid question.

What does this mod do that racemenu doesn't?

I mean, I can add as many overlays to my player or NPC's as I want with racemenu and EFF.

I have tons of tattoo packs and overlays from various websites.

I've tried your mod yesterday and it works fine but i just don't see the point of it.

It feels redundant. So intsead of using the console and do showracemenu, i go to the MCM menu and do it there.

Maybe once it gets used by mods such as captured dreams or something that i might try it again.

No harm intended, just some feedback.

Stupid question.

I mean, I can add as many overlays to my player or NPC's as I want with racemenu and EFF.

I've tried your mod yesterday and it works fine but i just don't see the point of it.

It feels redundant. So intsead of using the console and do showracemenu, i go to the MCM menu and do it there.

Maybe once it gets used by mods such as captured dreams or something that i might try it again.

1. Racemenu tattoos require .esp files, which means they take up load order space and can not be created without using Creation Kit.
  2. SlaveTats allows mods to add and remove tattoos without popping up menus, and supports flexible mod integration.
  3. SlaveTats can handle a catalog of thousands of tattoos, where RaceMenu can only support 256

Stupid question.

It allows you to apply tats to ANYONE while Racemenu limits you to tatting up just the player and EFF adds only followers (tattoos in EFF were added AFTER SlaveTats was written). For example you can build your group of followers and all share the same tats.

Besides you have to use EFF (yech!) otherwise.

Stupid question.

Mods are primarily made to be played by the modders themselves. Then they are shared with other people. Exception to this are mods made upon suggestions or requests (for example somebody says "it would be great to see stormcloaks impaled all over skyrim" and you think "that'll look really hot!!!" and make a mod).

I have a bug where tattoos applied to the body are all wonky...  I'm playing a dark-furred Khajiit, so I set the ink colors all to white and let the system take its time to apply my tattoos (I used ever slot for body tattoos and didn't fill any other body-slots), but all I got was a weird color scheme that I'll show after I make my second post so I'll be able to post links.  Stupid rule >.>

QFy52l6.jpg

EDIT:  Found the problem.  Some of the textures are 'corrupted' and either crash the game upon trying to display them or just show what you see here.  I've tried redownloading the affect images from their respective packs (mainly the beast pack) to no avail.  I can do a full test to see exactly which textures are broken and let you know, if you'd like.

Edited by Darkswirl

I added my own tattoo packs.  Please add the link to them if you want to I named them Aloe SlaveTats Slut Packs.  I had fun making them :)  I had a number of them and plan to add some more so my own page made sense to me.  All self created GIMP is not bad once you play with it.  Thanks a lot for Slavetats it adds a lot to the game.  

I modified some tats, but now I can't change their colors in game. :s

Please, can someone tell me what I'm missing? What did I do wrong? :o

You probably changed the color away from #444544. That is the color that is replaced by the in-game selected color when the tattoo is applied. Any other color will come through unchanged.

You probably changed the color away from #444544. That is the color that is replaced by the in-game selected color when the tattoo is applied. Any other color will come through unchanged.

Well, I don't know what #444544 is. What I did is just modifying the tat in Photoshop and replacing it onto the original tat.

How can I fix that #444544 and where is that ?

There are also a couple of mods that do use slavetats. QAYL and Slaves of Tamriel.

And with the latest version, I've made the tattoo packs available as separate downloads. So, you can use them without installing my main mod.

There are UNP and CBBE variants, and both have 1k, 2k, mixed, 4k versions, but the former is higher quality than the latter for now.

Not sure how many people would be interested, but just to let others know that there's another tattoo pack you can freely use, modify, distribute, or do whatever with them :)

I have a problem with slave tats. the non sexual Rutah art tatoos cause CTD. it's weird.every other tatoo set works. why this one :(

What happens if you open them in an image editor save them at lower resolution?

I have a problem with slave tats. the non sexual Rutah art tatoos cause CTD. it's weird.every other tatoo set works. why this one :(

i have not. which image editor should i use for these files?

GIMP with DDS plugin, or Paint.NET, or ImageMagick if you're a command line person.

Im running into an odd issue when I try to load a full color tattoo based on a in game image.    The image works fine but for some reason the Slavetats color is applied to the image.  I have the latest slavetats and racemenu.  If I take the same dds file and load it with racemenu it does not have an issue.  I  took the image and did a color map to remove any 444544 colors that did not help.  This does not happen on simple text images where the color only applies on the 444544  color.  I tried making the image 1024x1024 that did not help.  Any idea what I am missing?  I am using GIMP to edit.  I am not getting any errors when the image loads.   The picture I ran into this is the dragonrider pic that I have in my tattoo pack.  No clue how this one changes color but I like it so I shared it.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1985-aloe-slavetats-slut-packs/

i have not. which image editor should i use for these files?

GIMP with DDS plugin, or Paint.NET, or ImageMagick if you're a command line person.

i have resized the resolution via paint.net and now instead of an ctd i get distorted textures on every part of the body. note: this is only happening to rutah art tatoos. nothing else

Well, I don't know what #444544 is. What I did is just modifying the tat in Photoshop and replacing it onto the original tat.

How can I fix that #444544 and where is that ?

Please, can I have an answer or can you tell me what the correct way of changing the tats is?