I modified some tats, but now I can't change their colors in game. :s

Please, can someone tell me what I'm missing? What did I do wrong? :o

You probably changed the color away from #444544. That is the color that is replaced by the in-game selected color when the tattoo is applied. Any other color will come through unchanged.

Well, I don't know what #444544 is. What I did is just modifying the tat in Photoshop and replacing it onto the original tat.

How can I fix that #444544 and where is that ?

Please, can I have an answer or can you tell me what the correct way of changing the tats is?

#444544 is a color code. That you don't recognize that tells me you need to learn more about image editing before you tackle this.

I modified some tats, but now I can't change their colors in game. :s

Please, can someone tell me what I'm missing? What did I do wrong? :o

You probably changed the color away from #444544. That is the color that is replaced by the in-game selected color when the tattoo is applied. Any other color will come through unchanged.

Well, I don't know what #444544 is. What I did is just modifying the tat in Photoshop and replacing it onto the original tat.

How can I fix that #444544 and where is that ?

Please, can I have an answer or can you tell me what the correct way of changing the tats is?

#444544 is a color code. That you don't recognize that tells me you need to learn more about image editing before you tackle this.

Well, that's why I asked... To learn, you know?...

Anyway, thx for answering, but it got me nowhere...

valid point

Trying to use Photoshop without knowinig what a hex color code is like trying to mod Skyrim without knowing anything about MO/NMM.

Of course, you can ask a mod author "how to install your mod?", when you're new to modding. But if he answers "You can use Mod Organizer", for example, you can just Google it, instead of expecting him to start a lecture on what is that software, and gives you step by step instruction on how to install it.

murfk made it easier to install tattoos.  You still have to know how to create images.  So learning about GIMP is your best bet there is a lot of helpful info on how to use it online.  It is not always so simple though and takes effort.  Stick with just using the tattoos and enjoy if you dont have patience.

I'm trying to create a tattoo pack and could use some hep (total mod noob)

I created 1 test tat to see if it's working and I'm pretty sure ( :blush: ) that I did everything but I can't get it to show up in the slavetat menu in-game  :-/

Any thoughts? 

Edit: It seems that that Nvidia plugin for viewing dds files in Photoshop isn't saving  that tattoo properly, when i reopen the file later, there's just a grey square :(

could this be the  problem?

valid point

Trying to use Photoshop without knowinig what a hex color code is like trying to mod Skyrim without knowing anything about MO/NMM.

Of course, you can ask a mod author "how to install your mod?", when you're new to modding. But if he answers "You can use Mod Organizer", for example, you can just Google it, instead of expecting him to start a lecture on what is that software, and gives you step by step instruction on how to install it.

you can always post links or give them an idea where to look for the information. exactly what you just did lol. of course it doesn't have to be a must if the person being asked is too lazy/busy 

I'm trying to create a tattoo pack and could use some hep (total mod noob)

I created 1 test tat to see if it's working and I'm pretty sure ( :blush: ) that I did everything but I can't get it to show up in the slavetat menu in-game  :-/

Any thoughts? 

Edit: It seems that that Nvidia plugin for viewing dds files in Photoshop isn't saving  that tattoo properly, when i reopen the file later, there's just a grey square :(

could this be the  problem?

If the image files were corrupted, I'd expect them to show up in the menu, but turn you strange colors. Your JSON file is the more likely culprit for not showing up in the menu. It's picky; you might just have a comma out of place.

valid point

you can always post links or give them an idea where to look for the information. exactly what you just did lol. of course it doesn't have to be a must if the person being asked is too lazy/busy 

Yes, what Despairing soul said was what I expected in the first hand actually. There was no need to be a smartass.

Of course I didn't expected a lecture and I don't think I need to get a damn whole Photoshop lecture to modify a God damn simple tiny thing in a mod, don't be ridiculous. I just wanted to know which tool I should use in Photoshop.

Anyway, I found and learned what to do at another place. 

Ty again for being unhelpful and negative responses...

valid point

Yes, what Despairing soul said was what I expected in the first hand actually. There was no need to be a smartass.

Of course I didn't expected a lecture and I don't think I need to get a damn whole Photoshop lecture to modify a God damn simple tiny thing in a mod, don't be ridiculous. I just wanted to know which tool I should use in Photoshop.

Anyway, I found and learned what to do at another place. 

Ty again for being unhelpful and negative responses...

I'm sorry you took it that way. I meant only what I said: Not knowing about color codes means you have some learning to do before you can achieve your goals.

If the image files were corrupted, I'd expect them to show up in the menu, but turn you strange colors. Your JSON file is the more likely culprit for not showing up in the menu. It's picky; you might just have a comma out of place.

Double checked the everything, seems ok.

And that damn nvidia plugin isn't working either. Lord Gaben has forsaken me  :-/

What program did you use for .dds saving?

Double checked the everything, seems ok.

And that damn nvidia plugin isn't working either. Lord Gaben has forsaken me  :-/

What program did you use for .dds saving?

Originally, the GIMP, but I postprocessed with ImageMagick

I'm missing English characters in the MCM.

You installed the Chinese translation. Look for mods with _CN in the name, and uninstall them.

Thanks, I accidentally merged every DL into one folder so I guess the CN files overwrote the others last. ;)

I'm having a slight problem, some tats I apply only show up when the camera is close to the tat and fade away if the camera pulls back a bit while others show up properly at any range.

That's due to clipping of the overlays with the skin, which seems to be a Skyrim engine bug. It's sometimes fixable by removing and re-adding the tattoo, sometimes not.

Is there a way to make Slavetats not provide any color to an image?  The only way I can see today is to just add the image directly to racemenu.  A no color setting would be helpful Thanks!

There's only one color that SlaveTats replaces, and it's not a color that people use in their tattoos normally. If the tattoo isn't designed to be recolored, it won't be.

I'm having a slight problem, some tats I apply only show up when the camera is close to the tat and fade away if the camera pulls back a bit while others show up properly at any range.

That's due to clipping of the overlays with the skin, which seems to be a Skyrim engine bug. It's sometimes fixable by removing and re-adding the tattoo, sometimes not.

Is there a way to make Slavetats not provide any color to an image?  The only way I can see today is to just add the image directly to racemenu.  A no color setting would be helpful Thanks!

There's only one color that SlaveTats replaces, and it's not a color that people use in their tattoos normally. If the tattoo isn't designed to be recolored, it won't be.

That was what I expected as well but when I load pics from in game they get colorized no matter what.  I even take a color map and remove any 444544 colors in the dds file.  I am not sure how this is happening.  Here is a screnshot of the tattoo colorized in game and the dds file.

post-381768-0-47864100-1432576742_thumb.jpgtesttat.7z

I have no clue why this can get colorized?  Thanks.

That was what I expected as well but when I load pics from in game they get colorized no matter what.  I even take a color map and remove any 444544 colors in the dds file.  I am not sure how this is happening.  Here is a screnshot of the tattoo colorized in game and the dds file.

attachicon.gifback knee tat colorized.jpgattachicon.giftesttat.7z

You're using 8-bit color, I notice. Try a higher color depth and see what happens. I've never bothered to check how the Skyrim engine handles colormapped images.

attachicon.gifback knee tat colorized.jpgattachicon.giftesttat.7z

You're using 8-bit color, I notice. Try a higher color depth and see what happens. I've never bothered to check how the Skyrim engine handles colormapped images.

GIMP seems to just use 8 bit color?  I am trying to convert the bit depth with ImageMagick, but can not seem to get it worked out.   Any tips?   Looking at other tats, it seems like a lot of images have a 8 bit depth that work fine?