I kinda wanted to make a suggestion or request,

Instead of 20 or so preset colors, what if you allowed a color slider like the racemenu overlay options? Just food for thought. Alternatively, if anyone knows the code for this off the top of their head, would you mind shooting it my way so i can make a quick custom version for myself?

I hope that this can be taken as constructive criticism-- I like the idea of the mod; there are just a few things that would help me enjoy it more.  I also know that the tattoos are the product of many people, so, in general, I'm not directing this at anyone, in particular.

Idk if anyone else has ever mentioned this, but, I wish that "cum dumpster" were changed to "cum bucket" or some such thing that were not such a massive, immersion-shattering anachronism (for me, anyway).  The Dempster-Dumpster wasn't patented until 1935, or put into use until 1936.  And, even if you imagine that, in a fantasy world, some inventions might be invented early, there are no garbage trucks in Skyrim to theoretically employ a dumpster, and no equivalent device that I can use as a justification to tell myself, "When they write, 'dumpster," they really mean x.'"

Also, some of the forehead tats are placed so highly on the forehead that, if the toon has hair, parts of the letters cannot be seen, and no one would want to "disgrace" a "slave" with a tattoo that disappears into her hairline.

Finally, many of the tats look like they were written with big markers or something on the "slave's" skin-- perhaps that's the intention.  If so, as soon as the "slave" had her hands free, she would wipe it off, and I can't imagine my toon adventuring in the wilderness with that mess still on her face.  If, OTOH, they are intended to be actual tattoos, the ones that look like they were just written on seem simultaneously too sloppy and too neat.  What I mean is, if the tattoo artist were just doing a sloppy job, they wouldn't come out looking so perfectly like they were written with a giant marker or lipstick.  If they were going to put any effort into it, at all, the letters would look permanent-- like a tattoo ought to look.  OTOH, if they weren't putting any effort into it, at all, the letters probably wouldn't be filled in properly; they might not even be exactly equal in size, or perfectly aligned with each other, or equidistant.  And, the least amount of work for them would be block letters, not imitation of gigantic handwriting.

There are very many tattoos available; but, I'm really pretty limited in my choices as to what I can actually use.  If I limit myself only to those that look like they were applied by a genuine tattoo artist, and those that look like they were applied by a vicious, sadistic asshole with a needle and some ink, I mostly have decorative tattoos that are very nice, and which anyone in Skyrim might want to have; some that might be applied by a skilled artist on a "slave," and a very small number of the "sadist with a needle" type.  I just wish that there were more of the final type among which to choose.

The things you're complaining about were all specifically requested by other users. Different strokes for different folks.

SlaveTats is expandable, though. Feel free to make tattoos that suit your tastes better. If you want to share with the community, that would be even better.

Instead of 20 or so preset colors, what if you allowed a color slider like the racemenu overlay options? Just food for thought. Alternatively, if anyone knows the code for this off the top of their head, would you mind shooting it my way so i can make a quick custom version for myself?

Unfortunately MCM's color picker only works with those specific colors. I'd thought about having sliders for red, green, and blue, but then we wouldn't be able to see the color we were selecting. If you can come up with a better solution, I'd like to take a look at it.

Edit: The above were separate posts. I'm not sure why or how they ended up combined, but be aware that they're unrelated.

Unfortunately MCM's color picker only works with those specific colors. I'd thought about having sliders for red, green, and blue, but then we wouldn't be able to see the color we were selecting. If you can come up with a better solution, I'd like to take a look at it.

Edit: The above were separate posts. I'm not sure why or how they ended up combined, but be aware that they're unrelated.

Interesting, I was unaware of that, but now that I think about it racemenu and SkyUI are two completely different things. I'll take a look at it in a bit and see what I can find.

And yeah, the forums started doing that. I noticed when I was trying to reserve the second post on a thread for updates. If you post two things in a row they get combined now.

Hi, great mod!  I was just wondering, how exactly do you change the number of tattoo  slots? =)

Thanks!

I just updated that post with some changes:  MO usage for editing the ini, and changes for a updated SlaveTats.  Also added that link to my signature (following my own suggestion that I made to WaxenFigure for his update to Submit).  Glad somebody finds that post useful.

Hey maybe mod author could please check compatibility with body types? Bodytypes has also overlay system without racemenu however. And i believe using both bodytypes and slave tats makes one mod partialy inactive.

If another mod is using an overlay, SlaveTats will carefully not interfere. As long as you have enough overlay slots, that shouldn't be a problem.

well now when i have 12 bodyslots everything is just fine! Buuut too bad is that there is a makeup pack and warpaint pack but its only shows up in racemenu and not in slavetats.. does someone know nice makeup and paint pack that works on npcs?

Ok so I figured out how to add more overlays/slots, but is any more than 12 possible? Seems like it doesn't go beyond that, no matter if I type 13 or 24 into nioverride.ini.

Yeah, that's a limit. At that point, we start running up against system limitations.

Warning: a bit of a noob here

I've installed Slavetats and have got MCM working, and I can also select characters correctly.  I installed some packs using NMM, but in the menu there are no tatoos for me to select. I found some older posts that recomended merging the packs and slavetats, but I don't know how to do that (or if that is still accurate, as that was for version...1.0.1, I think)

Help?

I've installed Slavetats and have got MCM working, and I can also select characters correctly.  I installed some packs using NMM, but in the menu there are no tatoos for me to select. I found some older posts that recomended merging the packs and slavetats, but I don't know how to do that (or if that is still accurate, as that was for version...1.0.1, I think)

Help?

The recommendation for merging is specific to Mod Organizer (and not needed). Installing via NMM should work fine, too, but I haven't used it for years now.

If there aren't any tattoos listed, not even the ones that ship with the SlaveTats base package, you're probably missing either SKSE or JContainers.

Would typing the hex code of a colour be possible with the mcm color picker?

Not with the color picker per se, but it's possible to enter numeric color codes into the JSON files that define the tattoos.

Help?

The recommendation for merging is specific to Mod Organizer (and not needed). Installing via NMM should work fine, too, but I haven't used it for years now.

If there aren't any tattoos listed, not even the ones that ship with the SlaveTats base package, you're probably missing either SKSE or JContainers.

I've got both installed. I know SKSE is working, and JContainers has created a file in my Skyrim folder, so I'm fairly sure it's working...

Help?

I've got both installed. I know SKSE is working, and JContainers has created a file in my Skyrim folder, so I'm fairly sure it's working...

All right, enable logging and send me any "SlaveTats:" lines that look suspicious.

Help?

All right, enable logging and send me any "SlaveTats:" lines that look suspicious.

Well, I enabled logging and immediately figured out the issue (like I said, noob). Racemenu was messed up--I re-installed it and everything works now. Thanks!

Question:

I didn't see one, but is there a mod event that triggers when slavetats is done changing the current tattoos on the player?

I'm looking to detect when actors are wearing certain tattoos, but without an event I feel I have to poll constantly and I was thinking that, if you put in a single mod event that signals when the tattoos have changed it would mean I only need to check when the tattoos are changed, which should be lighter on papyrus.

Currently, the only mod events I saw are only for tattoos that have their own magic effects, so I can't even detect when regular tattoos are added it seems. If there isn't one, can you add a mod event for any tattoo change?

Question:

I didn't see one, but is there a mod event that triggers when slavetats is done changing the current tattoos on the player?

I'm looking to detect when actors are wearing certain tattoos, but without an event I feel I have to poll constantly and I was thinking that, if you put in a single mod event that signals when the tattoos have changed it would mean I only need to check when the tattoos are changed, which should be lighter on papyrus.

Currently, the only mod events I saw are only for tattoos that have their own magic effects, so I can't even detect when regular tattoos are added it seems. If there isn't one, can you add a mod event for any tattoo change?

You're correct, the only mod events sent currently are the ones specified in the JSON file for individual tattoos. Adding an event that fires when tattoos are synchronized would be easy, though. I'll put it on the todo list.

In the meantime, have you considered creating a new JSON file that duplicates the tattoos you're interested in, but adds events?

Alright now, this is where I give up. I've searched the net for hours now, but somehow I'm either too stupid or my problem's too tough.

Thing is, I installed SlaveTats.1.1.1.7z (this IS the newest version, right? RIGHT??) manually, uncompressed it into the Skyrim Data folder, and that's it. I have SkyUI, RcaeMenu, SKSE and JContainers installed, but no matter what I do, SlaveTats just doesn't show up in MCM. I have to admit that I'm quite a n00b, so it's possibly just some dumb mistake, but I can't find it.

Also, I'm somehow to dense to figure out how to download SlaveTats via NMM, because I highly assume that would make things easier.

If you want to know my mods let me know, although I already tried it with everything except SkyUI, RaceMenu and JContainers deactivated and it still didn't work, even though I forced MCM to check for new mods and started a new game for what felt like a 1000 times. Please, I am lost and could really need someone to save me, or I'll probably hang myself with my charger lead.

Sorry for language mistakes and pure ignorance concerning all that stuff, I'm at my lowest right now.

Thanks in advance.

You can't download mods directly into NMM from LoversLab, download them in their .zip or .7z format to a folder on your hard drive and install them into NMM that way (there should be videos on youtube to show you how).

As for the MCM menu, open the console and type

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

and see if that brings it up

God bless you, it finally worked. I really don't know what NMM did differently, but finally.

As to this command, I already tried that halfway through as I have skimmed this forum from top to button, it didn't help with SlaveTats, but with everything else, so thanks a lot.

You, sir, are my hero, and murfk, this mod just rocks. Thanks!

Hi! And congratulations on a wonderfull mod!

I am trying to use SlaveTats in my mod, by using this function:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(akactor, "Slave Marks", "Slave (pubic)")

,but I get this error in creation kit, after setting SlaveTats in the properties:

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "aaPUtil"...
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(0,0): unable to locate script NiOverride
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(65,15): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(65,26): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(65,8): cannot return a none from slots, the types do not match (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(67,15): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(67,26): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(67,8): cannot return a none from slots, the types do not match (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(69,15): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(69,26): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(69,8): cannot return a none from slots, the types do not match (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(71,15): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(71,26): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(71,8): cannot return a none from slots, the types do not match (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(626,30): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(626,41): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1024,19): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1024,30): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1034,48): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1034,59): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1034,25): type mismatch on parameter 3 (did you forget a cast?)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1035,47): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1035,58): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1035,25): type mismatch on parameter 3 (did you forget a cast?)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1036,23): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1036,34): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1036,90): cannot compare a none to a float (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1036,90): cannot relatively compare variables to None
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1052,19): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1052,30): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1075,19): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1075,30): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1098,19): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1098,30): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1139,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1139,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1141,7): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1141,18): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1142,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1142,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1144,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1144,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1147,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1147,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1149,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1149,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1151,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1151,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1153,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1153,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1171,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1171,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1175,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1175,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1178,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1178,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1180,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1180,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1182,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1182,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1185,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1185,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1187,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1187,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1190,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1190,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1192,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1192,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1196,4): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1196,15): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1236,7): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1236,18): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1236,38): cannot compare a none to a bool (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1237,8): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1237,19): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1239,11): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1239,22): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1239,42): cannot compare a none to a bool (cast missing or types unrelated)
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1372,12): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1372,23): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1375,16): variable NiOverride is undefined
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1375,27): none is not a known user-defined type
D:\Games\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\SlaveTats.psc(1375,47): cannot compare a none to a bool (cast missing or types unrelated)
No output generated for aaPUtil, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on aaPUtil

The mod is working flawlessly in the game, all the required mods are installed. I even tried to make SlaveTats a master for my mod with WyreBash, but it didn`t solve the compiling problem.
I tried to search this thread for answers, but found none. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi, maybe this is a silly question but I am going to update this mod and I do not know if I need to do something specific for update this or just delete the old version and install the new? someone can help me? 

Damn, anyone? at least accidentally?