I'm having a slight problem, some tats I apply only show up when the camera is close to the tat and fade away if the camera pulls back a bit while others show up properly at any range.

That's due to clipping of the overlays with the skin, which seems to be a Skyrim engine bug. It's sometimes fixable by removing and re-adding the tattoo, sometimes not.

Is there a way to make Slavetats not provide any color to an image?  The only way I can see today is to just add the image directly to racemenu.  A no color setting would be helpful Thanks!

There's only one color that SlaveTats replaces, and it's not a color that people use in their tattoos normally. If the tattoo isn't designed to be recolored, it won't be.

That was what I expected as well but when I load pics from in game they get colorized no matter what.  I even take a color map and remove any 444544 colors in the dds file.  I am not sure how this is happening.  Here is a screnshot of the tattoo colorized in game and the dds file.

attachicon.gifback knee tat colorized.jpgattachicon.giftesttat.7z

I have no clue why this can get colorized?  Thanks.

You're using 8-bit color, I notice. Try a higher color depth and see what happens. I've never bothered to check how the Skyrim engine handles colormapped images.

GIMP seems to just use 8 bit color?  I am trying to convert the bit depth with ImageMagick, but can not seem to get it worked out.   Any tips?   Looking at other tats, it seems like a lot of images have a 8 bit depth that work fine?

I've never looked at the color depth of anyone else's tats, so I can't speak to that. GIMP prefers truecolor, though. Look at Mode under the Image menu.

In GIMP it is RGB.  The type is TrueColorAlpha.  The bit depth is 8, but GIMP does not support higher bit depths yet.  I used the command line tool ImageMagick and these settings seem pretty normal?  I looked around wondering what was different with mine?  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\Charac
ter\slavetats\aloecaveman>identify -verbose "testtatorig.dds"
Image: testtatorig.dds
  Format: DDS (Microsoft DirectDraw Surface)
  Class: DirectClass
  Geometry: 2048x2048+0+0
  Units: Undefined
  Type: TrueColorAlpha
  Endianess: LSB
  Colorspace: sRGB
  Depth: 8-bit
  Channel depth:
    red: 8-bit
    green: 8-bit
    blue: 8-bit
    alpha: 8-bit
  Channel statistics:
    Pixels: 4194304
    Red:
      min: 0 (0)
      max: 255 (1)
      mean: 7.16167 (0.028085)
      standard deviation: 38.2232 (0.149895)
      kurtosis: 28.9495
      skewness: 5.45778
      entropy: 0.0633504
    Green:
      mean: 5.93683 (0.0232817)
      standard deviation: 32.3256 (0.126767)
      kurtosis: 32.2163
      skewness: 5.70104
      entropy: 0.063239
    Blue:
      mean: 4.84997 (0.0190195)
      standard deviation: 26.9709 (0.105768)
      kurtosis: 36.3416
      skewness: 5.98112
      entropy: 0.0662794
    Alpha:
      mean: 9.43344 (0.0369939)
      standard deviation: 48.1188 (0.188701)
      kurtosis: 22.0715
      skewness: -4.90593
      entropy: 0.0330154
  Image statistics:
    Overall:
      mean: 65.8788 (0.258348)
      standard deviation: 37.2452 (0.146059)
      kurtosis: 168.662
      skewness: 28.5214
      entropy: 0.056471
  Alpha: none   #00000000
  Rendering intent: Perceptual
  Gamma: 0.454545
  Chromaticity:
    red primary: (0.64,0.33)
    green primary: (0.3,0.6)
    blue primary: (0.15,0.06)
    white point: (0.3127,0.329)
  Background color: white
  Border color: srgba(223,223,223,1)
  Matte color: grey74
  Transparent color: none
  Interlace: None
  Intensity: Undefined
  Compose: Over
  Page geometry: 2048x2048+0+0
  Dispose: Undefined
  Iterations: 0
  Compression: DXT5
  Orientation: Undefined
  Properties:
    date:create: 2015-05-26T23:21:36-06:00
    date:modify: 2015-05-25T11:47:35-06:00
    signature: 60c5e4a8aa06f21edc12bc01e2ea1d8c8978f260b83a517f797c9002966f13c6
  Artifacts:
    filename: testtatorig.dds
    verbose: true
  Tainted: False
  Filesize: 5.593MB
  Number pixels: 4.194M
  Pixels per second: 68.76MB
  User time: 0.062u
  Elapsed time: 0:01.060
  Version: ImageMagick 6.9.1-3 Q16 x64 2015-05-17 http://www.imagemagick.org

In GIMP it is RGB.  The type is TrueColorAlpha.  The bit depth is 8, but GIMP does not support higher bit depths yet.  I used the command line tool ImageMagick and these settings seem pretty normal?  I looked around wondering what was different with mine?  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\Textures\Actors\Charac
ter\slavetats\aloecaveman>identify -verbose "testtatorig.dds"
Image: testtatorig.dds
  Format: DDS (Microsoft DirectDraw Surface)
  Class: DirectClass
  Geometry: 2048x2048+0+0
  Units: Undefined
  Type: TrueColorAlpha
  Endianess: LSB
  Colorspace: sRGB
  Depth: 8-bit
  Channel depth:
    red: 8-bit
    green: 8-bit
    blue: 8-bit
    alpha: 8-bit
  Channel statistics:
    Pixels: 4194304
    Red:
      mean: 7.16167 (0.028085)
      standard deviation: 38.2232 (0.149895)
      kurtosis: 28.9495
      skewness: 5.45778
      entropy: 0.0633504
    Green:
      mean: 5.93683 (0.0232817)
      standard deviation: 32.3256 (0.126767)
      kurtosis: 32.2163
      skewness: 5.70104
      entropy: 0.063239
    Blue:
      mean: 4.84997 (0.0190195)
      standard deviation: 26.9709 (0.105768)
      kurtosis: 36.3416
      skewness: 5.98112
      entropy: 0.0662794
    Alpha:
      mean: 9.43344 (0.0369939)
      standard deviation: 48.1188 (0.188701)
      kurtosis: 22.0715
      skewness: -4.90593
      entropy: 0.0330154
  Image statistics:
    Overall:
      mean: 65.8788 (0.258348)
      standard deviation: 37.2452 (0.146059)
      kurtosis: 168.662
      skewness: 28.5214
      entropy: 0.056471
  Alpha: none   #00000000
  Rendering intent: Perceptual
  Gamma: 0.454545
  Chromaticity:
    red primary: (0.64,0.33)
    green primary: (0.3,0.6)
    blue primary: (0.15,0.06)
    white point: (0.3127,0.329)
  Background color: white
  Border color: srgba(223,223,223,1)
  Matte color: grey74
  Transparent color: none
  Interlace: None
  Intensity: Undefined
  Compose: Over
  Page geometry: 2048x2048+0+0
  Dispose: Undefined
  Iterations: 0
  Compression: DXT5
  Orientation: Undefined
  Properties:
    date:create: 2015-05-26T23:21:36-06:00
    date:modify: 2015-05-25T11:47:35-06:00
    signature: 60c5e4a8aa06f21edc12bc01e2ea1d8c8978f260b83a517f797c9002966f13c6
  Artifacts:
    filename: testtatorig.dds
    verbose: true
  Tainted: False
  Filesize: 5.593MB
  Number pixels: 4.194M
  Pixels per second: 68.76MB
  User time: 0.062u
  Elapsed time: 0:01.060
  Version: ImageMagick 6.9.1-3 Q16 x64 2015-05-17 http://www.imagemagick.org

Interesting. That's not what I saw on my end. They were 256 color, which is why I commented on it. Did you convert them to GIF or something somewhere along the line?

Regardless, if you're seeing the same thing with truecolor textures, this wasn't the problem.

Nope Screenshots are bmp, then put into the dds tattoo body top layer cut and pasted in GIMP.  I post screenshot in jpg I and have not needed gif for anything.  Damn I was hoping you were on to something.  At least I did learn a lot about colors and color depth.  I will go try them in racemenu again directly seems odd they worked there.

Ok I figured out a workaround Racemenu also is applying a color to the picture tats.  What I missed was the color it was applying by default is FFDDDDDD with a glow 0A000000.  Slavetats light grey is close to the FFDDDDDD value.  I can apply FFDDDDDD from the json file and looks like what I was expecting.  Somehow the color is getting applied, it doesnt to basic tats though.  I can just apply the color Racemenu uses and it seems to be ok.  Thanks for looking at this.  - Aloe

Loving this so far but I'm having 1 problem: When I open up the Slavetats MCM menu, many of the "tattoos" text just appear as squares. They work, like tattoos appear when I select them however I have no idea what im choosing because they have no visible text. I probably just installed it wrong but I cant really figure out what Im not doing properly so I could use some help :D

Loving this so far but I'm having 1 problem: When I open up the Slavetats MCM menu, many of the "tattoos" text just appear as squares. They work, like tattoos appear when I select them however I have no idea what im choosing because they have no visible text. I probably just installed it wrong but I cant really figure out what Im not doing properly so I could use some help :D

You downloaded and installed the chinese version (file with the "_cn").  Happens quite a lot.

Beta testers needed

I've been working on a companion mod for SlaveTats: SlaveGear. SlaveGear is a lot like SlaveTats, except that instead of applying and removing tattoos, it makes makes it easy to add and remove bondage gear from characters. Currently it knows about a range of items from Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Expansion, XiNafay Shoes, Turbosnowy's ballet boots, and a few items from vanilla Skyrim.

Like SlaveTats, new gear can be added to the menus without using Creation Kit or Papyrus, in a way that should be easy for gear modders to integrate, if they choose, or for savvy users to customize.

Also, it can strip arbitrary NPCs naked.

Pretty cool, yeah? Well, I've gotten it to a point where it's working for me, and I need to know whether (or how, really) other people can break it, so I'm attaching a beta version to this post. If you're interested, please feel free to download and kick the tires. It does not require you to install any of the mods it knows about, so please try it with any combination of the gear mods (or none, if you're into canvas hoods and gags).

Finally, if you have questions, comments, or bug reports, please PM them to me. No need to continue cluttering up this thread.

SlaveGear-beta.7z

You downloaded and installed the chinese version (file with the "_cn").  Happens quite a lot.

Aha sorry, I didn't know what the CN stood for, thought it was an author's initials xD Thanks mate :P

Edit: After re-installing Slavetats (1.1.1) The side text (Patterns etc.) appears as well as some of the tattoo's such as slave marks, preg and a couple others however anything below those still appear as squares. Have I done something wrong again or are those residue bugs from the CN version?

Edit2: Yep, residue files from the CN version. Didn't realize I had to install all the other smaller Slavetats files. After installing them, they replaced the CN text and are now properly displayed. Great mod, thanks guys.

Beta testers needed

I've been working on a companion mod for SlaveTats: SlaveGear. SlaveGear is a lot like SlaveTats, except that instead of applying and removing tattoos, it makes makes it easy to add and remove bondage gear from characters. Currently it knows about a range of items from Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Expansion, XiNafay Shoes, Turbosnowy's ballet boots, and a few items from vanilla Skyrim.

Like SlaveTats, new gear can be added to the menus without using Creation Kit or Papyrus, in a way that should be easy for gear modders to integrate, if they choose, or for savvy users to customize.

Pretty cool, yeah? Well, I've gotten it to a point where it's working for me, and I need to know whether (or how, really) other people can break it, so I'm attaching a beta version to this post. If you're interested, please feel free to download and kick the tires. It does not require you to install any of the mods it knows about, so please try it with any combination of the gear mods (or none, if you're into canvas hoods and gags).

Finally, if you have questions, comments, or bug reports, please PM them to me. No need to continue cluttering up this thread.

Just tried this out - have devious devices and zaz resources - everything worked great. It was nice to be able to try the various bindings. 'In game' they wouldn't remove but using the MCM menu they could switch without problem. Even triggered various quests. I'm using SexLab 1.60c.

has anyone figured out a fix for mosaic /black/ctd textures for the big multi-color tattoos?

i've done everything from updating mods+video card too stripping mods off my list.

the one thing i haven't done  is downgrade the mods back to a time when they worked. ( which is a bad idea anyway)

Tattoo packs: Beastess, Glevtats

additional info:

CBBE skin with HDT+CBBE bodyslide body

Imperial Race non-custom ,no racemenu bodyshape changes,

AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video card ( 60fps ultra modded high res skyrim (30 in hot spring zone)  )

post-384371-0-12445500-1433302954_thumb.jpgpost-384371-0-85746800-1433302954_thumb.jpgpost-384371-0-92169100-1433302955_thumb.jpg

SOLVED: remarkably stupid solution that i did since i shut off most of my HD mods. i set the display settings in LAUNCHER (not skse) to Ultra and set the antialiasing to 8 samples and anisotropic filtering to 16 went back into the game and tried the catgirl tent (back) from glevtats which before netted a mosaic now results in a perfectly fine load ( and i mean perfect i was fully expecting a fix this simple to either do nothing or cause more crashes)

I have something of an issue. I tried this out a few days ago, worked real well.

Did a slight adjusting of my Bodyslide Body, went back in, wanted to put the tattoos on a new character, but there's a bit of a bug.

I wanted the Denial - Deny Me (pubis) tattoo, but it didn't appear when i put it on. 

Then i zoomed in using the free-cam from Sexlab, and the tattoo appeared. When i get really close, it shows, but when i pull away, like the default cam distance, then it kinda fades under the skin.

What is this? It worked fine before.

I have no idea why , The Slavetats.esp is listed as not active when I run boss any idea?

I updated my SKSE, Racemenu ,JContainer, SkyUI and SKSE  :-/

Eh, why are you using BOSS? Master list is well over a year old and none of the new mods, updates or patches are properly recognized - if they are even recognized at all. Unless you are still using XP, then I recommend that you move to LOOT.

https://loot.github.io/]https://loot.github.io/

Beta testers needed

ok tested it and here what i found so far.

first it has stuff listed that dont show up ingame. a good example are the shocking nipple pericings. inventory will say they equiped but nothing ingame besides that.

second sometimes zoneing a npc that u equiped stuff on can become invisible.

thrid mod seems to have issues removing items which can lead to a crash.

stack:

[slaveGearMCM (F8000800)].SlaveGearMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 885

[slaveGearMCM (F8000800)].SlaveGearMCMMenu.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 769

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (3A000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "ski_configmanager.psc" Line 122

[06/03/2015 - 09:29:11AM] error: Array index 123 is out of range (0-0)

here is the error that happens when it fails to remove a item. if u have that error then say try to start sex its insant crash as sexlab tries to remove items that slave gear is still trying to remove.

first it has stuff listed that dont show up ingame. a good example are the shocking nipple pericings. inventory will say they equiped but nothing ingame besides that.

Well, they're in DDx, so I added them to the list, but... yeah, I don't think the shocking items are really done yet.

The NPC becomes invisible, or the gear? I haven't seen that.

stack:

[slaveGearMCM (F8000800)].SlaveGearMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 885

[slaveGearMCM (F8000800)].SlaveGearMCMMenu.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 769

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (3A000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "ski_configmanager.psc" Line 122

here is the error that happens when it fails to remove a item. if u have that error then say try to start sex its insant crash as sexlab tries to remove items that slave gear is still trying to remove.

That's an MCM bug. It happens when CloseConfig gets called twice without a call to OpenConfig between them.

Well, they're in DDx, so I added them to the list, but... yeah, I don't think the shocking items are really done yet.

The NPC becomes invisible, or the gear? I haven't seen that.

stack:

That's an MCM bug. It happens when CloseConfig gets called twice without a call to OpenConfig between them.

well the npc disappearing could be just interaction from other mods, but the biggest to fix is the not removing items when u uncheck the box. like i said if it fails to remove a item then say any other mod trys to remove a item its automatic ctd. one thing i can tel u about it thou when it fails to remove the item if u go to there inventory it shows the item but its unequiped and u can try to take the item and it reequipsit.

well ill try it again after zaz animations 605 is fixed as its broken right now

well the npc disappearing could be just interaction from other mods, but the biggest to fix is the not removing items when u uncheck the box. like i said if it fails to remove a item then say any other mod trys to remove a item its automatic ctd. one thing i can tel u about it thou when it fails to remove the item if u go to there inventory it shows the item but its unequiped and u can try to take the item and it reequipsit.

Yes, agreed. I'm updating the removal mechanism.

Yes, agreed. I'm updating the removal mechanism.

the reason it might not be removing themis that i use dd and dd for masses so they might be staying due to not having key?

wouldnt for when it looks for items it uses the zaz and DD keywords to list items that probaly be better than haveing a manualy add list. it would also improve compatiablity.