Where in menu are they supposed to appear?

In the RaceMenu screen (showracemenu from the console, or create a new character) the tattoos should appear in the face and body tabs toward the right side of the toolbar. The hands and feet tabs currently don't get any entries from this mod, but may eventually.

In the RaceMenu screen (showracemenu from the console, or create a new character) the tattoos should appear in the face and body tabs toward the right side of the toolbar. The hands and feet tabs currently don't get any entries from this mod, but may eventually.

Does this require anything besides RaceMenu?  And I'm using the RaceMenu off the nexus if that makes a difference.

I can't get these to show up. I use the Enhanced Race Menu mod... whatever it's called... so I can give my character pink hair and pink lips by directly editing the colors, and I can't find your tatoos anywhere in the big-arse race menu, even when I type showracemenu or start a new character. I use a CBBE body, but some of them the placement shouldn't matter, yes? Are these equipment or something, you said it's a race menu overlay... I fudged around in the war paint, and it's all the normal files. Here's the nexud  mod in question...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?tab=2&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D29624&pUp=1

Edit: After re-reading the opening post, you specifically mentioned it.. RaceMenu, without the space like the proper title of it. So they should be there. I installed using Nexus mod manager, but all your files seem to be in the proper places (I checked). The esp is active, so why... can't I find... Rawr.

Having a similar issue.  Racemnu is up to date, and I cannot seem to find the tattoos either.

open the racemenu and use Warpaints for body or face (standard default).... press key "T" for texture and you can add the tattoos

The Body-tattoo is instantly active,the Face-tattoo must be activatet under face-presets/ warpaints

That's a problem I've seen before, and it was caused by another overlay mod. That mod was older, and included some old versions of RaceMenu's scripts in its install, which screwed up RaceMenu's processing. Since you're using NMM, you can probably fix this by just re-installing the up-to-date version of RaceMenu and overwriting the old files. If you were using Mod Organiser, the fix would be to move the older overlay mod before RaceMenu in the mod list.

Still doesn't work. :( I redownloaded Racemenu from the Nexus and reinstalled it... still didn't help. I turned off CharGenExtension, also another one of his own mods, still didn't help. I updated to version .91, no dice. I love these tatoos, too. *rrf* I'm using a CBBE body, but they should still be -there-. Please, what tab are they under? What options am I looking for in the menu? On 'extra' 'hands' and 'feet' I just see a bunch labeled 'default' that changing the color does  nothing, and the warpaints are all standard. Where should I be looking?

That's a problem I've seen before, and it was caused by another overlay mod. That mod was older, and included some old versions of RaceMenu's scripts in its install, which screwed up RaceMenu's processing. Since you're using NMM, you can probably fix this by just re-installing the up-to-date version of RaceMenu and overwriting the old files. If you were using Mod Organiser, the fix would be to move the older overlay mod before RaceMenu in the mod list.

Still doesn't work. :( I redownloaded Racemenu from the Nexus and reinstalled it... still didn't help. I turned off CharGenExtension, also another one of his own mods, still didn't help. I updated to version .91, no dice. I love these tatoos, too. *rrf* I'm using a CBBE body, but they should still be -there-. Please, what tab are they under? What options am I looking for in the menu? On 'extra' 'hands' and 'feet' I just see a bunch labeled 'default' that changing the color does  nothing, and the warpaints are all standard. Where should I be looking?

You should be choosing a color for one of those entries you see (default, or the first warpaint, or whatever), then once you've got the color you want, press the T key. That should bring up a list that allows you to choose which of the tattoos will occupy that slot.

Great idea, but the Font looks to much Computer like, i should have more a Handmade touch as it is a Tatoo not Printed on the Body. I would say Colors should be avoided mostly.

If ur time allows there are much examples of what could be written on a slave on the net. 

good job so far, can be a top download here if ur into Finetuning

While I do believe that you are right about the handwriting, he DID mention his lack of artistic skills. I'm really curious what would happen if someone with those skills could be able to do though. Maybe some artist on these forums will be interested in the idea, who knows.

The way i see it, this mod is a pretty good placeholder until someone else brings it farther :)

Great idea, but the Font looks to much Computer like, i should have more a Handmade touch as it is a Tatoo not Printed on the Body. I would say Colors should be avoided mostly.

If ur time allows there are much examples of what could be written on a slave on the net. 

good job so far, can be a top download here if ur into Finetuning

While I do believe that you are right about the handwriting, he DID mention his lack of artistic skills. I'm really curious what would happen if someone with those skills could be able to do though. Maybe some artist on these forums will be interested in the idea, who knows.

The way i see it, this mod is a pretty good placeholder until someone else brings it farther :)

If somebody wants to donate art, I'll include it.

For my own personal taste, I don't actually want sloppy tats for my characters. A good tattooist with modern tools produces results that are cleaner than what I have here. I figure a good tattooist with magic can probably at least create consistent and legible letters. A master who wants to be taken seriously will make the effort to use a good tattooist.

But that's just me. If you want it to look like somebody was scrawling random shit on your character, I'll accomodate that as well as I can.

If somebody wants to donate art, I'll include it.

For my own personal taste, I don't actually want sloppy tats for my characters. A good tattooist with modern tools produces results that are cleaner than what I have here. I figure a good tattooist with magic can probably at least create consistent and legible letters. A master who wants to be taken seriously will make the effort to use a good tattooist.

But that's just me. If you want it to look like somebody was scrawling random shit on your character, I'll accomodate that as well as I can.

I guess I just assumed .... Sorry 'bout that :blush:

You kinda have a point though. While rough tattoos are fitting for some situations (temporarily captive, caught and raped for a while rather than enslaved) , clean tattoos do look more, let's say, professional from a slaver's pov.

Maybe just try to keep it in mind, no need to rush some tattoos like that. If you see a lot of people asking for it, might be a good idea to include some ^^

How do you created the tats?
I'm a 3d/2d artist and I could create some and send for you expand this pack. Just tell me how do I put on the right place of the UV map, how to convert the image to the skyrim format and make the RaceMenu recognize.
After I learn I can acept requests to...

How do you created the tats?

I'm a 3d/2d artist and I could create some and send for you expand this pack. Just tell me how do I put on the right place of the UV map, how to convert the image to the skyrim format and make the RaceMenu recognize.

After I learn I can acept requests to...

That would be welcome.

For the UV map, I suggest downloading one of the UNP skin packages and using that as a guide. You'll need to be able to read .dds format.

If you create the images as white on transparent and save them to .png files, I can take care of the rest.

What the steps?
I pick the UVmap from the UNP package(but I'd like to create for the CBBE to) and draw in PNG format just like for any  onther model Texture, but without the skin texture, only the tatoo picture. Then what else I must do to convert to .dds format?
What program I should use? Is there a extension that make photoshop read this?
And after? Just put the picture in the "overlays" folder that is in DATA?

if is onyl this, I can start doing somethings  today.

What the steps?

I pick the UVmap from the UNP package(but I'd like to create for the CBBE to) and draw in PNG format just like for any  onther model Texture, but without the skin texture, only the tatoo picture. Then what else I must do to convert to .dds format?

What program I should use? Is there a extension that make photoshop read this?

And after? Just put the picture in the "overlays" folder that is in DATA?

if is onyl this, I can start doing somethings  today.

Well, as I said, if you're doing this for inclusion in my mod, then once you have the tattoo image in png format, you're done. Send it to me.

You can target CBBE in the same way you do UNP: grab a skin, and use it as a guide to the UV map. Just remember to tell me which tattoos were done with which UV map, so I can mark them in the menu.

If you want to make your own mod, you can use Photoshop, Paint.NET, or GIMP (with the dds plugin) to save the files in dds format. Then you'll need to use Creation Kit to set up an .esp for your mod, and write and compile the script that loads your images into RaceMenu. There are more detailed instructions on the Nexus page for RaceMenu, and in the RaceMenu modders package.

very nice idea overall! i downloaded and tried to test it but for some reason i cant find the new tatoos in the showrace menu... any clues what am i doing wrong?

i have race menu 1-2-5

Did you go to the body tab to the right of RaceMenu, select one of the slots (labeled "default" initially), choose a color, and then press T to open the list that lets you choose among the tattoos?

As a possible suggestion since I do adore body art both erotic and non erotic themed:

Being that this is Skyrim, the dragon language is running around, and the main character has the chance to be dragonborn, why not put the word Zaam (Slave) in the draconic alphabet as a tattoo. I think it would look lovely as a trampstamp or a pelvic tatt, but could work just as easily anywhere else on the body too.

All of the design work is taken care of too thanks to Elder Scrolls Wiki.

Dragon Language

Dragon Alphabet

f3vwgj.png

(I pieced this together myself in Paint.net. Feel free to use it if you like. ^.^)

As a possible suggestion since I do adore body art both erotic and non erotic themed:

Being that this is Skyrim, the dragon language is running around, and the main character has the chance to be dragonborn, why not put the word Zaam (Slave) in the draconic alphabet as a tattoo. I think it would look lovely as a trampstamp or a pelvic tatt, but could work just as easily anywhere else on the body too.

All of the design work is taken care of too thanks to Elder Scrolls Wiki.

Dragon Language

Dragon Alphabet

f3vwgj.png

(I pieced this together myself in Paint.net. Feel free to use it if you like. ^.^)

Awesome. I'm definately doing this.

What is the color that I should use to draw the tatoos?

I Asked that bacause I tryed to convert to DSS, it opened fine on the game, but the colors aren't changing right. This is what I've donne until now. Ignore the "Tat1.dds" file.

Please, keep the Raz prefix, it will help to keep the tatoos organized.

I will not put a print for preview because of the color problem.

RazTatoos.rar

Could you perhaps add in effects that the tattoo brings about?

Perhaps if you are naked and npcs see "insert here" or "anus open for the public" there is a chance they will actually, well insert.. (yes i know there are mods to get raped if nude, but the tattoo rape effect would be cool)

Perhaps you could coordinate with some other modders who make slave mods, to make it so your master ACTUALLY tattoos you, with one of the tattoos.

Perhaps if you have a facial tattoo, you get an embarrassed debuff lowering speechcraft

idk, just some ideas.