[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Update:

I have received permission from ChronoTrigger77 to convert his popular BodySlide armor meshes to use the newly re-weighted HDT Body.

I will do some tests and see that they work, after which I will upload the following guide:

Guide 10 making HDT Body Outfit Conversion

The guide will go over how to get around the current limitation of BodySlide/Outfit Studio unable to preview Skeleton Node Scaling and how to convert outfit meshes to the newly redone HDT Body Mesh so that they have increased compatability with HDT files.

Then I will proceed to finish ChronoTrigger77's Outfit Pack.

Edit: I updated the terminologies section to include the HDT Body as well as updated a config file with the HDT Body Linked in it for Outfit Studio.

Also uploaded Guide 9 pics as I forgot them last time.

Id kill for a 15-30 minute video tutorial and explanation on youtube. Maybe a couple examples from start to end.  The one video was so fast with no narration I learned nothing :(

Who is up for the challenge? :)Would probably get 50,000 views in a month lol.

blabba, please make a video. All this screenshot taking and writing must take forever! If you made a video with voice narration I bet tons and tons of people will watch it.

naa,

I'm on guide 1, step 6 and this is awesome.

Sabres, if you mention that 3:00 Caliente Monk tut on youtube, i'll 2nd that!

of course this guide is a wall of text, but this outfit studio demands a lot of work and knowing what you're doing.

I guess Bodyslide 3.0 will have colliosion detection scripts, so that you just select your file sources and your prefered conversation format.

Id kill for a 15-30 minute video tutorial and explanation on youtube. Maybe a couple examples from start to end.  The one video was so fast with no narration I learned nothing :(

Who is up for the challenge? :)Would probably get 50,000 views in a month lol.

blabba, please make a video. All this screenshot taking and writing must take forever! If you made a video with voice narration I bet tons and tons of people will watch it.

Have you tried this video?

I think it's a pretty good 15 min. video that will help you get started if all you want is BodySlide conversions.

Unfortunately, my Internet Bandwidth is pretty slow hence the reason why I do a pics/gif format.

Other main reasons why I haven't made a video yet:

- They actually take longer than pictures and require good editing software to ensure a 'quality' video tutorial.

- If I make a mistake, then the 'quick' fix is to add an addendum in the comment notes (which is what Wavion did) but that degrades quality and a lot of people don't read the comments under the video (youtube hides them by default for some reason)

- My personal distaste for not being able to follow a video while doing the editing...

- My personal belief that as more users pick up this program, they will give back to the community by posting more video tuts (So far haven't seen this :( )

So in conclusion, I personally will not be able to create a video tutorial and maintain it too well. I also don't own a mic for my pc. However, if their are any users out there that would like to take up Sabre's request and post a good video tutorial guide, I wlll be more than happy to link it in the OP to help spread the word!

I have received permission from ChronoTrigger77 to convert his popular BodySlide armor meshes to use the newly re-weighted HDT Body.

Oh, nice! I was actually looking at the thread to get tips on how to do this myself, at least with the outfits I use most. I use cornelius_t conversions, but unfortunately I'm having problems with some of them, for example the Elven Armor that is not showing almost any belly growth.

Which tutorial is the one that shows how to do this? I keep reading in some posts how easy it is, but I must be blind because I can't find it. :(

Hi there,

my first creation is just done. Your guide no#1 helped me more then everything i tried before.

but i have a problem: i might partied to hard on step 16. the armor jiggles alot, more then i thought. but the skin/body ain't jiggle that much or neither.

can i undo this?

post-136521-0-89805100-1390690190_thumb.jpg

Oh, nice! I was actually looking at the thread to get tips on how to do this myself, at least with the outfits I use most. I use cornelius_t conversions, but unfortunately I'm having problems with some of them, for example the Elven Armor that is not showing almost any belly growth.

Which tutorial is the one that shows how to do this? I keep reading in some posts how easy it is, but I must be blind because I can't find it. :(

Hehehe, there is no guide by me posted yet on how to do this (It is planned Guide 10), but to give you a try at it I suggest you do the following:

1. Download HDT Body (If you plan on jiggle action + pregnancy)

2. Download my customized config file for HDT Body (attached in OP) and rename it to config.xml and place in CalienteTools/BodySlide folder. Click yes to overwrite

3. Load up Outfit Studio and set HDT Body as reference

4. Proceed with following Guide 1 Step 13 and stop at Guide 1 Step 17

5. Switch over to THIS POST TO DOUBLE CHECK BELLY WEIGHTS!

6. After done checking, proceed with Guide 1 Step 17

This guide will be streamlined into a forthcoming guide with better pic examples and such. (Right now I am on the verge of finding a much easier way to do all this)

As a side note, for your specific case. If you plan on making any Outfit Studio Conversions of CT77's armor it is advised you install the NON-BBP VERSION!

Hi there,

my first creation is just done. Your guide no#1 helped me more then everything i tried before.

but i have a problem: i might partied to hard on step 16. the armor jiggles alot, more then i thought. but the skin/body ain't jiggle that much or neither.

can i undo this?

If you use HDT, then the jiggling is not due to the armor's weight painting. It is due to your HDTdefaultBBP.xml. This can easily be remedied by editing your .xml for HDT or using another one.

However, if you like your current jiggle effects on your nude character and are simply dissatisfied with the armor jiggle then you will have to mess with the weight painting:

Editing the weight paints in Outfit Studio is simple:

1. Load Outfit from CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/<Your outfits folder name>/<Your outfits name>.nif

2. Select bones tab, Click Breast/Butt/Belly bone (depending on which part you want to edit)

3. Edit the weights with brush tool.

4. When done hit File -> Export to .nif

5. Overwrite your .nif

DISCLAIMER: Make backups of your original mesh! The newly edited weight paints may cause some issues and cause neck seams/gaps. Also while editing weight paints in Outfit Studio is easy, getting GOOD paints on the mesh is difficult. You may end up spending HOURS trying to configure the brush settings and testing the painting in game. For basic users, it is recommended that you limit your weight painting to adding/removing paints. Do NOT MESS WITH GRADIENT PAINTS such as the belly, spine and other varying gradient paints.

However, if you like your current jiggle effects on your nude character and are simply dissatisfied with the armor jiggle then you will have to mess with the weight painting:

Editing the weight paints in Outfit Studio is simple:

i got hdt it works on all armor else and naked too. For now, only the armor jiggles and some mesh level more then other. tomorrow i 'll give it a try.

thanks for your reply.

Update:

Thanks to Cell/Caliente I have been successful in making some new sliders!

I have two new sliders that mimic the SevenBase Thigh and Calfs.

I will be updating them to the OP under the tweak section shortly with reference gifs.

Side Note: Are there any other parts/transforms I should make sliders for?

Any features from the specific UNP/UNPB/7Base/Dream Girl bodies I can make sliders for?

Warning: If it's a feature that I personally do not like, I will not put the effort into making the sliders.

I will however make a tut, so that you can make them yourself.

Phew, I've been trying using your instructions, and I managed to get the pregnant belly on ChronoTrigger77's elven armor... But I crapped the breasts jiggle and got some clipping as well. I'm not sure where did I mess it, because when I open it in BodySlide to create the final meshes, it looks fine and there's no clipping, but in the game it didn't go that well.

I actually did some edit, because that armor in particular has (in my oppinion) a very weird shape in the breast area. It looks like it's two or three centimetres hovering over the breasts, and when you use a bigger size there it looks really ugly. I also had to fix the lower belly and groin a lot because everything got out of place there. But these parts were fine, so who knows.

I'm going to be trying more things and see if I can pull it off, but I hope you make a better version soon.

[EDIT] Well, I actually fixed that, what'd you think! The only issue now is that there is some clipping in the lower belly, but this one didn't show in Bodyslide because it seems to happen only when walking. To fix this sort of clipping, what should I do? Separate the armor a bit more from the body, or is it something related to the weight paints (since it doesn't clip in the "default" pose)?

Phew, I've been trying using your instructions, and I managed to get the pregnant belly on ChronoTrigger77's elven armor... But I crapped the breasts jiggle and got some clipping as well. I'm not sure where did I mess it, because when I open it in BodySlide to create the final meshes, it looks fine and there's no clipping, but in the game it didn't go that well.

I actually did some edit, because that armor in particular has (in my oppinion) a very weird shape in the breast area. It looks like it's two or three centimetres hovering over the breasts, and when you use a bigger size there it looks really ugly. I also had to fix the lower belly and groin a lot because everything got out of place there. But these parts were fine, so who knows.

I'm going to be trying more things and see if I can pull it off, but I hope you make a better version soon.

[EDIT] Well, I actually fixed that, what'd you think! The only issue now is that there is some clipping in the lower belly, but this one didn't show in Bodyslide because it seems to happen only when walking. To fix this sort of clipping, what should I do? Separate the armor a bit more from the body, or is it something related to the weight paints (since it doesn't clip in the "default" pose)?

Yeap, just create a little bit more space by using the default mesh brush in Outfit Studio, and check in game.

You should be able to safely re-edit the .nif in your shapedata folder by opening it in Outfit Studio by itself without a reference, edit the shape and then File -> Export to .Nif and overwrite.

The reason why you see clipping is because the armor mesh's vertices are not 1 to 1 with the weight paints for the body.

So even though the weight paints are the same, the usual lack of armor vertices allow for the more detailed body meshe's vertices to sometimes clip through. (This effect is minimized for now if your doing 7base to CBBE Bodyslide or UNP to CBBE Bodyslide conversions as the armors tend to have more vertices.)

Edit: For ChronoTrigger's armor pack it's highly suggest that you use the default meshes and NOT the BBP armor meshes. Chronotrigger actually edited the body mesh in those while also adding weight paint for breasts. The normal version is a lot easier to convert.

I'm using the non-BBP. At first I had problems with the breasts clipping through the chest plate, but then I simply copied all the weight paints (not just the TBBP ones) and that fixed it.

The problem with  editing the clipping is that it appears when the character is pregnant, so I'd have to edit the mesh with the slider modification added, which if I read correctly couldn't be re-edited at the moment. I suppose the fastest way to test for this particular problem would be to work on Outfit Studio, save but keep it open and check ingame for errors, so I can keep modifying the shape when the belly slider is maxed. Sadly I lost already three attemps before I though about doing this and I don't feel much like working on it at the moment, so I'll try again another time.

[EDIT] Well, nope. I've tried and even stretching the belt to ridiculous amounts away from the stomach, it still clips like crazy. As you said, the problem is the lack of vertices, since I'm working with only two in the belt area where the body has over 10. I suppose there's no real way to fix this unless you could multiply the number of vertices, which I suppose it's not easily doable.

I'm not even sure if there's a higher poly vanilla armor replacer out there. The only solution I can think of is using some "pregnancy outfit" to wear while my character is pregnant, but that's kinda boring.

I'm using the non-BBP. At first I had problems with the breasts clipping through the chest plate, but then I simply copied all the weight paints (not just the TBBP ones) and that fixed it.

The problem with  editing the clipping is that it appears when the character is pregnant, so I'd have to edit the mesh with the slider modification added, which if I read correctly couldn't be re-edited at the moment. I suppose the fastest way to test for this particular problem would be to work on Outfit Studio, save but keep it open and check ingame for errors, so I can keep modifying the shape when the belly slider is maxed. Sadly I lost already three attemps before I though about doing this and I don't feel much like working on it at the moment, so I'll try again another time.

[EDIT] Well, nope. I've tried and even stretching the belt to ridiculous amounts away from the stomach, it still clips like crazy. As you said, the problem is the lack of vertices, since I'm working with only two in the belt area where the body has over 10. I suppose there's no real way to fix this unless you could multiply the number of vertices, which I suppose it's not easily doable.

I'm not even sure if there's a higher poly vanilla armor replacer out there. The only solution I can think of is using some "pregnancy outfit" to wear while my character is pregnant, but that's kinda boring.

If you already created the slidersets, and just need to modify the nif for patching up the weights you can do the following

1. Load .nif fro ShapeData as an outfit with no reference

2. Edit the .nif in OS

3. File -> Export .nif and overwrite the old one in ShapeData

4. Check in game again

Alternatively, you can check out my own patch of CT77's work:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/658-hdt-body-weights/

Make sure you read the description, some of the outfits will crash BodySlide.

And yes, the patch is TBBP supported as well as PSB supported. You do not need the HDT Body (although it is recomended)

Getting back into skyrim a little and just started playing with the new bodyslide and outfit studio.

Three quick questions just to make sure I understand.

So when you load an outfit, it seems like what's happening is you're modifying the body preset to fit the outfit and get rid of clipping, instead of modifying the outfit to fit the body... right? wrong?

when you save your outfit at the end, you save it with its own body mesh attached? so that outfit uses that body shape permanently until you modify it again right?

When an outfit comes in a bunch of pieces, is there a way to load the multiple pieces to edit at the same time? or is that batch building?

Getting back into skyrim a little and just started playing with the new bodyslide and outfit studio.

Three quick questions just to make sure I understand.

So when you load an outfit, it seems like what's happening is you're modifying the body preset to fit the outfit and get rid of clipping, instead of modifying the outfit to fit the body... right? wrong?

when you save your outfit at the end, you save it with its own body mesh attached? so that outfit uses that body shape permanently until you modify it again right?

When an outfit comes in a bunch of pieces, is there a way to load the multiple pieces to edit at the same time? or is that batch building?

Welcome back to Skyrim modding ;)

1. Yes, my Guide 1 tells you to modify the 'preset' of the body to the Outfit. This is because modifying the presets ensure MUCH better quality than if you were to twiddle around with the brushes. HOWEVER, this part is only meant if you do not have a conversion reference (AKA custom bodies that are not UNP,7Base or whatever else are the options in Outfit Studio conversion references). The second half of Guide 1 is actually using brushes to modify the outfit to the body, this is suggested only for minor clipping issues.

2. Sorta right, when you hit 'save as' there's a little tickbox at the bottom saying automatically import conversion reference. Basically what this does is import the body mesh into the Outfit Mesh. The body shape isn't really 'permanent' as the ENTIRE mesh conforms to the sliders, which you choose in BodySlide (even the imported reference body)

3. No, Batch building is when you want to edit a BUNCH of outfit's together to the same preset in BodySlide. What I believe you are referencing to is multiple pieces of armor inside the same mesh in Outfit Studio. If so then the way to do that is to use Slider -> Conform all.

Hope that clears it up, if it doesn't I suggest you at least 'attempt' 1 conversion. The guide was meant to be followed, in doing so a lot of things will suddenly make more sense.

Update:

A new test video of CT77's HDT Remodeled BodySlide Outfit. Enjoy dat jiggle :cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1adjgy_archmage-hdt-test_videogames

1. Load Outfit from CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/<Your outfits folder name>/<Your outfits name>.nif

2. Select bones tab, Click Breast/Butt/Belly bone (depending on which part you want to edit)

5. Overwrite your .nif

DISCLAIMER: Make backups of your original mesh! The newly edited weight paints may cause some issues and cause neck seams/gaps. Also while editing weight paints in Outfit Studio is easy, getting GOOD paints on the mesh is difficult. You may end up spending HOURS trying to configure the brush settings and testing the painting in game. For basic users, it is recommended that you limit your weight painting to adding/removing paints. Do NOT MESS WITH GRADIENT PAINTS such as the belly, spine and other varying gradient paints.

Hi there,

after the affects shown up like written red in your answer i startet a new try from scratch. now on my 2nd try this working is more fun.

as my picture shows, the armor i work on already got bbp support and i guess the colorings are the areas where the armor jiggle and the color scale the amount.

for now the newly armor created by me is converted to Guide #1 and works so far. only the body ain't moving (newly implemented BaseShape?)

my question is do i have to brush on this BaseShape the Bone effects, and might the coloring that already is on my armor indicate on how much (color scale) intensyfies needed to match the armor?

on my first try yesterday i got mesh levels which jiggles more than other, which look weird :(

post-136521-0-07109400-1390862444_thumb.jpg

5. Overwrite your .nif

Hi there,

after the affects shown up like written red in your answer i startet a new try from scratch. now on my 2nd try this working is more fun.

as my picture shows, the armor i work on already got bbp support and i guess the colorings are the areas where the armor jiggle and the color scale the amount.

for now the newly armor created by me is converted to Guide #1 and works so far. only the body ain't moving (newly implemented BaseShape?)

my question is do i have to brush on this BaseShape the Bone effects, and might the coloring that already is on my armor indicate on how much (color scale) intensyfies needed to match the armor?

on my first try yesterday i got mesh levels which jiggles more than other, which look weird :(

Hmm, I would suggest you not try manual weight painting in OS just yet, unless you have the brush settings down.

If your problem is a weighting issue with the weights not being consistent, I suggest you take a look at the .gif for Guide 3 Step 5, to make sure you copied the weights to ALL parts of the outfit's mesh. (You must highlight each part of the mesh and select shape -> Copy selected weights)

Other than that, I see no reason why your weights may be different...

Give that a go, and hopefully it fixes your problem.

Edit: I'll update guide 1 to be more explicit on weighting step, as I suspect some people had missed that part (had a few pm's about that issue)

Thanks blabba,

i go for it. i might miss completly:

"(Optional) Step 16: Copying T/BPP  or other bone weights:"

As i read Guide 3 step 5 i had a déjavou.

Edit:

Each mesh include BaseShape as well?

Edit: 2

Bodyslide 2 Outfitstudio crashes at the Baseshape, i guess it's like that thing mentioned in your FAQ about crashing.

question 

how do you change the skin texture into chainmail ??

i tried it show correctly in  body slide but not in game

You must edit the texture path in nifskope...

Or if you did it correctly in Outfit Studio, then you only changed the preview texture but forgot to change the actual textures.

Re-read GUIDE 5 Step 3. If still have problems or not understanding post back with some details to problem.

I don't know if this is the right place to Ask. i Have bodyslide installed and CBBE bodies.

Can I change the shape of bodies ingame? When I create a new PC i only get the Weight slider, is it something a user can do or all the weired bodies i see here on the screenshots are made by modders with appropriate tools?

I don't know if this is the right place to Ask. i Have bodyslide installed and CBBE bodies.

Can I change the shape of bodies ingame? When I create a new PC i only get the Weight slider, is it something a user can do or all the weired bodies i see here on the screenshots are made by modders with appropriate tools?

Short answer: No, BodySlide is a program you run outside of skyrim to customizethe bodies. it does not add sliders in game to customize.