[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Thanks for all the goodies. I guess here is the best place to ask,

I want to simply edit default body.nif weights before I start editing armors, to add/adjust weight paint to complement HDT settings -- similar to tpsb (going to explore adding weighting effects to fleshy parts of arms and legs, see if I can get them to flex a bit) I seem to have had some success modifying body.nif weights and exporting in OS; but is it the .bsd/template that exports weights to armor and need to be created or changed? or just the 'reference' mesh?

• Any quick-n-dirty way create/duplicate/edit a template to reference custom weight paint?
  • Also, would there be an issue creating a new body.nif as an 'outfit' and export current > export nif, to test weights, would it lose LockSeam compatibility etc?

thanks again for the extremely easy to understand OS tutorial

I want to simply edit default body.nif weights before I start editing armors, to add/adjust weight paint to complement HDT settings -- similar to tpsb (going to explore adding weighting effects to fleshy parts of arms and legs, see if I can get them to flex a bit) I seem to have had some success modifying body.nif weights and exporting in OS; but it is the .bsd/template that exports weights to armor and need to be created or changed. 

• Any quick-n-dirty way create/duplicate a template with custom body weights?
  • Also, would there be an issue creating a new body.nif as an 'outfit' and export current > export nif, to test weights, would it lose LockSeam compatibility etc?

Haha sounds like a really cool concept!

I tried setting up the custom TPSB HDT to have belly jiggle off the belly bone but so far that seemed like a bust :(

So if you want the HDT effect to be applied to a specific area it seems you'll have to mess with expanding the Butt or Breast weights...

Downside to this is the 4 bones to vertex problem... (If you have more than 4 weight paints on a vertex strange things/crashing will happen)

1. I may not be fully understanding this question but, Load reference body as original and load the mesh you wanna edit as the outfit, and use copy selected bone weights.

2. Depends, after my 200 attempts at weight bashing models in Outfit Studio, sometimes the edited weight .nif allows you to replace the original .nif without any LockSeam issues.

Other times it will lose compatibility, because the new .nif model is offset from the orginal .nif's position for some reason. Only accurate way to edit this is to know how to use Blender/3DSMax and actually line up the .nifs together so that their are never any LockSeam issues.

Also note that you'll have to rename the 'BaseShape_outfit' to 'BaseShape' AFTER you've edited it in OS, as OS will not allow you to have two nodes with the same name at the same time loaded... (you can do this by using nifskope or loading the edited body by itself in OS without a reference and right clicking it and selecting 'Rename' option)

Hint: Outfit Studio copies the LockSeams of the reference body onto the new body, and PSB has it's own custom LockSeams compared to that of TBBP body.

Truthfully, this is a time-consuming process, it's set me back (and still is!) from making guides and conversions for awhile, but I can see that it could end up very worthwhile if you do create such a body (Also don't be afraid to ask others for help, via PM or starting a thread, everyone on LL is so friendly :) )

UPDATE: Found some clipping issues with pregnancy belly and found out that it wasn't as strong as needed! So I'm editing the weights. Also found out that the breasts clip sometimes in pregnancy, fixed that by adding Pregnancy Belly Collision to the HDT file it's still very rudimentary right now, but hopefully it will be refined soon.

So expect a much improved v2 of TPSB sometime today with an improved HDT xml.

Also, found a potential fix for TPSB body to not need a workaround guide to convert armors to it without lock-seams.

If anyone would like to help me test this body and show me clippings and such, here's an easy way to test:

Download this wonderful mod and scale the NPC Belly node slider (very last one) in RaceMenu and take pics at various angles and show me :)

Also please note that the current HDT file values are highly optimized for large breasted characters, characters with smaller breasts will get some ugly deformations.

I'll make a HDT file for smaller breasts at a later date.

Been trying some things. Your modified DefaultPhysicsExtensionBBP.xml works fine, but doesn't enable collision. What I've done (with my PSB body that I downloaded somewhere here before) is customize the collision effect and link it to the hdt.xml that Monstro shared in his "Setup breast collision" topic. 
It works fine for now, but I haven't tried with later stages of pregnancy. Before, I had to equip the HDT havok object when my boobies became too big for the body integrated collision to work. 

Thanks for feedback!

Just wondering for the collision, did you link both femalebody_1 and femalebody_0.nif to DefaultPhysicsExtensionBBP.xml?

I ask because when I use a standard .xml with the femalebody.nifs pointing to HDT.xml from monsto's thread I only get collision but no bounce/sway :(

Meh regardless, hopefully in the next version of the file it'll work out because I am adding Belly Bone jiggle :/

UPDATE:

I have finished the re-weight painting of the TPSB body and it looks MUCH improved. Basically improved the Belly node weight paint so the Belly actually scales better and reduces clipping with breasts. Sent to some friends to test, once that's approved I'll have to ask Vioxsis again to re-align the body to the Standard TBBP body so that when you make conversions no seams appear (unfortunately making my own custom Lock Seams is still above my ability).

Right now most of my time is split between improving the HDT collision and working on another interesting side project, making the belly bone weight bouncable :)

You can read more about the project and check out experimental download and gif here.

As such guides will be delayed for awhile (so sorry)

Very cool tutorials. 

I just tested getting some UNPB armor over to PSB with my own preset but I have some clipping issues in game that I cannot see in Body Slide or the Outfit manager viewports so I have to switch between the game and BodySlide to track that down. Can this happen because of physic bones or is there a way to verify how that clipping happens?

The other thing I wondered is if there is an easy way to transfer the body slide data from one outfit to another as e.g. that armor has color variants which all would have the same morphs?

THX!

Very cool tutorials. 

I just tested getting some UNPB armor over to PSB with my own preset but I have some clipping issues in game that I cannot see in Body Slide or the Outfit manager viewports so I have to switch between the game and BodySlide to track that down. Can this happen because of physic bones or is there a way to verify how that clipping happens?

The other thing I wondered is if there is an easy way to transfer the body slide data from one outfit to another as e.g. that armor has color variants which all would have the same morphs?

THX!

Hmm usually clipping shouldn't occur even if you use HDT. Clipping will occur if your not making TBBP enabled outfits though and still using HDT.

Or your outfit has some 'unclean' bone weights (slightly unlikely) interfering.

Also, PSB is noted not play too nice with Outfit Studio right now.

As for your question 2, that is a very commonly asked question which I think is adequately answered by my Guide 5.

Please do suggest a better name for that guide though because your same question gets asked to me and others very commonly :(

just thought I'd pop in here real fast and say  thank you for making this guide!  The finalizing process was driving me bonkers before i found this.  Ithink I saw someone mention some weirdness with animations not working correctly, for me I was getting either the armor not moving at all but the body underneath moving or both moving but at different rates.  Iknow it has to do with the weighting not being correct but the fix was eluding me; luckily I found this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta13c-1-14-2014/?hl=+rigging%20+tool awesome tool so atm I just make a normal mesh and after it's done I use that tool to wight it and base it off of my body.  so far so good.

I want to simply edit default body.nif weights before I start editing armors, to add/adjust weight paint to complement HDT settings -- similar to tpsb (going to explore adding weighting effects to fleshy parts of arms and legs, see if I can get them to flex a bit) I seem to have had some success modifying body.nif weights and exporting in OS; but it is the .bsd/template that exports weights to armor and need to be created or changed. 

• Any quick-n-dirty way create/duplicate a template with custom body weights?

Haha sounds like a really cool concept!

I tried setting up the custom TPSB HDT to have belly jiggle off the belly bone but so far that seemed like a bust :(

So if you want the HDT effect to be applied to a specific area it seems you'll have to mess with expanding the Butt or Breast weights...

Downside to this is the 4 bones to vertex problem... (If you have more than 4 weight paints on a vertex strange things/crashing will happen)

1. I may not be fully understanding this question but, Load reference body as original and load the mesh you wanna edit as the outfit, and use copy selected bone weights.

2. Depends, after my 200 attempts at weight bashing models in Outfit Studio, sometimes the edited weight .nif allows you to replace the original .nif without any LockSeam issues.

Other times it will lose compatibility, because the new .nif model is offset from the orginal .nif's position for some reason. Only accurate way to edit this is to know how to use Blender/3DSMax and actually line up the .nifs together so that their are never any LockSeam issues.

Also note that you'll have to rename the 'BaseShape_outfit' to 'BaseShape' AFTER you've edited it in OS, as OS will not allow you to have two nodes with the same name at the same time loaded... (you can do this by using nifskope or loading the edited body by itself in OS without a reference and right clicking it and selecting 'Rename' option)

Hint: Outfit Studio copies the LockSeams of the reference body onto the new body, and PSB has it's own custom LockSeams compared to that of TBBP body.

Truthfully, this is a time-consuming process, it's set me back (and still is!) from making guides and conversions for awhile, but I can see that it could end up very worthwhile if you do create such a body (Also don't be afraid to ask others for help, via PM or starting a thread, everyone on LL is so friendly :) )

again, thanks for great info, sorry for be newbish and vague. 

So a quick rephrase. I just quickly tried again:

• File > Load Outfit [only outfit, no reference]: loaded CalienteBody.nif ver. 12/4/2013 [after adding butt, breast, belly NiNodes in nifscope].
  • Weight Paint all relevant [bones] with weight brush.
  • Export Current > Export Nif: back to ShapeData/CalienteBody/CalienteBody.nif.
  • In BS choose Caliente Advanced and choose 'custom presets' click "Build Body".
  • Enter game and all TBBP/HDT features working as intended.
  • Inspecting seams do not appear to be misaligned. [or does this appear intermittently? Is there a way to tell if they have remained 'locked'?]

post-120695-0-48980600-1390105394_thumb.jpg

-- though not tried to build an armor with this new 'reference' mesh -- yet. Still obsessing with HDT... the sliders info for mesh is still intact.

hehe, what am I doing wrong? Seems too simple. 

@crusher

You sir deserve a cookie, just found a way around a bug that's been screwing with me in the 'Copy Selected Weights' function from outfit studio.

I had no idea you could add the bones in Nifskope and then just weight paint them in OS and export as .nif without any LockSeam issues! <-- Main setback for development of TPSB lol

Basically from the picture I gather your technique was 100% success and you <shouldn't> run into any problem converting armors.

The Lock Seam is used to line up the body to the hands,feet and face meshes so if it works fine initially it will remain locked throughout. (you can also tell if it doesn't working in the BodySlide Preview images, the neck and arms will look a little funky)

Issues might arise with having outfits converted with the 'copy selected weights' in OS though and you may get mesh gaps (If this happens PM me I have a few suggestions that I could try out)

Also I suggest you try your best to 'clean' the weights and not just blindly copy them (This is extremely helpful in troubleshooting HDT effects :) )

And thanks to you, it is that easy!

P.S. If you can I'd love some images or copy of the body with working Belly node scaling and TBBP! It'll help me develop TPSB :)

To help expedite your process:

Try the tool that nekekami suggested in the provided link:

(It should copy over the PSB weights, which are pretty clean) and then you can try adding Vioxsis' cleaned TBBP weights and customize/clean from there in OS!

And from what I've heard from other experts is that it's bone weight copying is usually very successful without messing up the mesh's position or anything like that.

Lol I believe you and I will be working on the same exact thing xD, a successfully clean TPSB body with maximum HDT compatability :)

Edit: NVM seems I can't get the above tool to work for the BodySlide changed bodies (needs the _1 type meshes I believe to copy over weight paints)

I need help SO BAD. How in the hell do you 'erase' only small parts of weight paint? I can see how to paint it on, but not remove just small pieces of it. one of the outfits I was working on had a glitch going through outfit studio, the sevenbase bombshell body has two dots of weight paint on the opposing inner thighs, creating 'spikes' when you go into sneak mode sticking out from the thighs. I know there's a button that I describe as a "NUKE ALL WEIGHTPAINT" button for each bone, but I cannot recreate the entire thigh weight paint, all I need is the two tiny dots removed on the other thigh.

EDIT: Side note, if I find out how to remove those spikes, I can offer a pregnant weighted sevenbase bombshell body for people to use for outfitstudio at size 1 and size 0

I need help SO BAD. How in the hell do you 'erase' only small parts of weight paint? I can see how to paint it on, but not remove just small pieces of it. one of the outfits I was working on had a glitch going through outfit studio, the sevenbase bombshell body has two dots of weight paint on the opposing inner thighs, creating 'spikes' when you go into sneak mode sticking out from the thighs. I know there's a button that I describe as a "NUKE ALL WEIGHTPAINT" button for each bone, but I cannot recreate the entire thigh weight paint, all I need is the two tiny dots removed on the other thigh.

EDIT: Side note, if I find out how to remove those spikes, I can offer a pregnant weighted sevenbase bombshell body for people to use for outfitstudio at size 1 and size 0

Easy fix, reduce the size of your brush and hold 'Alt' while spraying over desired piece.

also I'd be more than happy to host/link to a sevenbase TPBS body in my main post ;)

Easy fix, reduce the size of your brush and hold 'Alt' while spraying over desired piece.

also I'd be more than happy to host/link to a sevenbase TPBS body in my main post ;)

Thank you so much, it's perfect, except for one tiny flaw, there seems to be a MASSIVE dent in the right upper side of the pregnant belly when it's near full size (during in game pregnancy). I don't have the slightest clue how to troubleshoot it, but I'll see what I can do to fix it. For now I'll drop what progress I have here just in case someone knows how to fix it.

EDIT: scroll down for updated mesh,this one is obsolete.

femalebody_0.nif

femalebody_1.nif

Once I've painted a decent mesh, I'll mess around with parameters for HDT > upper leg, lower leg, upper arm, maybe even slight shoulder jolt/drop when running, using default [cleaned] paint-weights, search for creative ways to flex, giggle, jolt. Will also mess around with vagina, where collision causes an -x,x, -y,y  z -- very slow -- widening, extending.

if I come up with anything useful I'll send it your way.  

Thank you so much, it's perfect, except for one tiny flaw, there seems to be a MASSIVE dent in the right upper side of the pregnant belly when it's near full size (during in game pregnancy). I don't have the slightest clue how to troubleshoot it, but I'll see what I can do to fix it. For now I'll drop what progress I have here just in case someone knows how to fix it.

the nif files below are for pregnancy weighted sevenbase bombshell body. NOTE: still a tiny bug with it, dent in belly, but otherwise works.

attachicon.giffemalebody_0.nifattachicon.giffemalebody_1.nif

EDIT: screenshots of the dreaded dent of doom! (sorry for filesize and possible download, first time contributing to lovers lab)

attachicon.gifdent.bmpattachicon.gifdent2.bmpattachicon.gifdent3.bmp

Best guess is a corrupt weight paint from another bone interfering with that specific vertex.

Your best bet is to fix it by removing 1 weight from that specific vertex (look through all the bone weights, find the one that has the highest weight applied to that vertex and try lessening/removing it)

Otherwise I'd say it's perfect from the images and will upload to main post's tweak section (or even better you can create a release page for it and I can link it to that, this way you'll get more exposure for the file)

Once I've painted a decent mesh, I'll mess around with parameters for HDT > upper leg, lower leg, upper arm, maybe even slight shoulder jolt/drop when running, using default [cleaned] paint-weights, search for creative ways to flex, giggle, jolt. Will also mess around with vagina, where collision causes an -x,x, -y,y  z -- very slow -- widening, extending.

if I come up with anything useful I'll send it your way. 

Wow that's a tall order!

Sounds awesome, I believe I sent you the latest 'Cleaned' TPSB body via PM hopefully that can be useful to you as a base (it's what I'm doing for testing Pregnancy jiggle in HDT)

If it's useful enough maybe you can even try fixing up the belly weights on that so you won't have to start from scratch/go through the tedious work ;)

the nif files below are for pregnancy weighted sevenbase bombshell body. NOTE: still a tiny bug with it, dent in belly, but otherwise works.

attachicon.giffemalebody_0.nifattachicon.giffemalebody_1.nif

EDIT: screenshots of the dreaded dent of doom! (sorry for filesize and possible download, first time contributing to lovers lab)

attachicon.gifdent.bmpattachicon.gifdent2.bmpattachicon.gifdent3.bmp

Best guess is a corrupt weight paint from another bone interfering with that specific vertex.

Your best bet is to fix it by removing 1 weight from that specific vertex (look through all the bone weights, find the one that has the highest weight applied to that vertex and try lessening/removing it)

Otherwise I'd say it's perfect from the images and will upload to main post's tweak section (or even better you can create a release page for it and I can link it to that, this way you'll get more exposure for the file)

Thaks to eifrag here on lovers lab (link below), I took his sevenbase bombshell mesh and removed the labia addon he had attached to it, and his mesh doesn't have the dent!!!

I present with extreme happiness, sevenbase bombshell pregnancy weighted body BBP mesh, zipped up and ready for NMM install to boot!

7bbomb preg.rar (BBP)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22986-req-sevenbase-pregnant/page-4?do=findComment&comment=647696 (link to topic where eifrag posted the original mesh with labia addon)

Credit goes mostly to those in the topic linked above, I only deleted a labia mesh and zipped it up in a .rar file, which is nothing to holler about XD

Very cool tutorials. 

THX!

Hmm usually clipping shouldn't occur even if you use HDT. Clipping will occur if your not making TBBP enabled outfits though and still using HDT.

As for your question 2, that is a very commonly asked question which I think is adequately answered by my Guide 5.

Please do suggest a better name for that guide though because your same question gets asked to me and others very commonly :(

Okay, checking it again I realized that this armor is essentially all assecoires so  it doesn't replace any body but is put on top of  the body even for torso and trousers. That would explain it behaving strangely when moving and probably the overall clipping since even the resting pose is a morph from the weighting position. So too close matching could do clipping, only weird thing remains that it doesn't show the same problem in Bodyslide but that only shows the model without skeleton movement, maybe that's enough.

Is the PSB's problem? 

Concerning the setTextures maybe add a FAQ for the question "How can I apply the same bodyslide parameters to variants of the same armor meshes?" I was thinking about using setTextures but I wondered about a better way for batchbuilding aka that directory structures and filenames can be set once and then you just export the same folder structure. Was even mucking about in the xmls to see if one can set up a copy of the slider set with just different filename and textures.

So I saw the setTexture guide as separate to that out of laziness! :)

Thx and it's pretty impressive work even though it needs some tech savvyness to understand all the concepts.

Very cool tutorials. 

THX!

Okay, checking it again I realized that this armor is essentially all assecoires so  it doesn't replace any body but is put on top of  the body even for torso and trousers. That would explain it behaving strangely when moving and probably the overall clipping since even the resting pose is a morph from the weighting position. So too close matching could do clipping, only weird thing remains that it doesn't show the same problem in Bodyslide but that only shows the model without skeleton movement, maybe that's enough.

Is the PSB's problem? 

Concerning the setTextures maybe add a FAQ for the question "How can I apply the same bodyslide parameters to variants of the same armor meshes?" I was thinking about using setTextures but I wondered about a better way for batchbuilding aka that directory structures and filenames can be set once and then you just export the same folder structure. Was even mucking about in the xmls to see if one can set up a copy of the slider set with just different filename and textures.

So I saw the setTexture guide as separate to that out of laziness! :)

Thx and it's pretty impressive work even though it needs some tech savvyness to understand all the concepts.

Nice, thanks for the feedback I'll go aheadand update FAQ.

Unfortunately the only known ways right now to get the color variants of the same mesh is by either editing the texture paths of the mesh in Outfit Studio or Nifskope.

Someone else on the main BodySlide thread stated that the same effect can be done in the CK, and may be faster if your CK savvy.

The above are the only known ways that I've read about so their might be another way, and if you do find one please post back your discovery :)

As for your original weighting troubles, It's only PSB's fault if your mesh causes you to have some mesh hand/neck gaps. Although since you didn't import the reference body into the conversion you might not be able to tell that the mesh is displaced because of this. To double check try the armor mesh with the reference body imported into it and check for mesh gaps between hand and neck. If they are there, then you can correctly assume PSB trouble.

Edit: Read your last line, I actually have no affiliation with this wonderful program nor with the wonderful people who brought it to us. If you truly appreciate the program drop a nice comment for Cell/Caliente on their main thread, I'm sure they'll appreciate the nice feedback :)

Every time I try loading a reference body it's substantially bigger in the window than the outfit nif. How do I get those to match? I tried copying bone weights from a BBPx nif to a regular BBP nif and when I saved the project and loaded it in game the outfit was smaller than the character model, leaving the head and hands floating in midair.

Every time I try loading a reference body it's substantially bigger in the window than the outfit nif. How do I get those to match? I tried copying bone weights from a BBPx nif to a regular BBP nif and when I saved the project and loaded it in game the outfit was smaller than the character model, leaving the head and hands floating in midair.

I'm afraid I cannot follow your question?

Maybe if you post a picture I would have a better understanding.