[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

@joetheplumber (Nice name btw)

In my guide 3 step 2, you are instructed to delete the imported Body mesh.

In your first picture you have not done so, you need to right click the 'Slim pushupNW004' and click delete.

If still confused look at the gif for Guide 3 Step 2, I can't really make it any more clearer than that :(

Also if your converting to anything OTHER than CBBE BodySlide please follow Guide 3 :)

Edit: If gif is too fast or your browser cannot handle, you can also download the Guide 3 images attached, they contain still images of each step that comprises the gif

I did delete that mesh. I can't get the outfit mesh to line up with the body mesh I want to replace it with. I'm trying to replace the regular UNPB BBP mesh that the outfit already has with the BBPx version. When I just copy the bone weights and export the nif I get the result pictured in game. I'm just puzzled why the BBPx reference body is showing up as a different size in OS than the BBP one is when they are basically the same mesh with different weight painting.

It just may be that OS won't work with this mesh for now.

When I load up a BBPx body as a reference and then a BBPx outfit they line up just fine.

bbpxonbbpx_zps27137a1f.png

It's when I try to load a BBPx body as a reference and then load a BBP outfit that I get that overlap like in my first picture.

Yea, OS is noted to not play to nice with weight paint edits (PSB) and some meshes (NiSkinInstance Nodes).

To double check if it's mesh incompatibility, try opening your mesh in nifskope and see if there are any corruption errors after you have edited it.

Also i've never heard of BBPx so I cannot offer much assistance there :(

But you can easily fix those seams if you click on stuffed_bunny's name in my credits portion. He has an excellent guide on Clamp Sliders (LockSeams) which is probably what you'll need to get the mesh seams fixed, however it requires some handling with Blender or 3DSMax

Edit: I think I may be misunderstanding you...

Try posting a picture of what it looks like AFTER you delete the imported mesh on UNP BBP outfit and have the UNP BBPx as a reference.

This is a UNPB BBPx reference body with a UNPB BBPx outfit. The outfit's body has been toggled.

bbpxonbbpx_zps27137a1f.png

This is a UNPB BBP reference body with a UNPB BBP outfit. The outfit body has been removed.

unpbbbprefandoutfit_zpsa46723f0.png

And this is a UNPB BBPx reference body with a UNPB BBP outfit. The outfit body has been removed.

unpbbbpxrefandunpbbbpoutfit_zpsf6ac21c1.

This is the Lady of Death conversion for UNPB BBP. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25052/?

@joetheplunmber

There are 3 things you can try:

1. Delete the outfit body mesh as you've done, then hit File -> Export -> to Nif and save the outfit mesh by itself. Then go ahead and try to re-import it into Outfit Studio with your UNP BBx preset and the recently saved outfit mesh. This may allow Outfit Studio to reposition the outfit mesh more closely to the reference (highly unlikely but it's happened to me once before)

2. You'll have to use the Move Vertices tool and try moving the actual pieces of the Outfit closer onto the body. You should experiment with turning the X-mirror tool On/Off as well as the Connected Vertices options, both of which are found under Edit.

3. If moving the vertices is getting too frustrating/difficult and from the picture it seems that only the breasts seem off, you can try making your own 'Conversion Reference'. Here's a quick text guide:

a. Hit Slider -> New Slider, name it whatever

b. Hit the pencil icon next to your newly created slider to highlight it purple

c. Use the brush tools to modify your reference body, basically deform the reference body until it closely matches the curves/outline of the Outfit.

ex: Use the inflate brush on the breasts to 'fill' in the skeleton bra (Don't worry about the unnatural look of the breasts/unevenness)

d.  Unhighlight the slider by clicking the pencil button, and then MOVE the slider to 100%

e. Hit File -> Make conversion Reference

f.  Hit Slider -> Conform All

g. MOVE the slider to 100%

h. Hit Slider -> Set Base Shape

i.  Hit File -> Load Reference and reload UNP BBPx

j.  Fix clippings if any, and duplicate the body into the mesh

k. Hit File -> export to Nif

l. Test in-game (Should work flawlessly)

Suggestion 3 is actually supposed to be a fully fledged guide that I will eventually write with pics and such, it's actually on the To-Do section lol.

However, I'm currently putting guides on hold for a bit because I'm pursuing the building of the TPSB body so I can finally go back to making conversions that apply for almost everyone. (As well as coming back here and finishing the guides)

Suggestion 2 seems like it should be easy enough for this particular mesh, just make sure your brush is big enough so that you move the entire Hand section. (I made a conversion of this where I've messed with the vertices, albeit my reference body was more aligned)

Suggestion 1 is sorta a pipe dream, it's only worked once for me and I can't really say why/how it exactly works.

If this misalignment issue with UNP BBPx consistently happens to you when converting outfits, best PM Cell (LoverLab username) or Ousnius (Nexus username) about the issue.

Hope my post helps!

I really appreciate your help. I should have included a picture of the back as well so you could see that the whole thing is out of alignment. It's like the entire body mesh is larger than the UNPB BBP one, if that makes sense. I'll give #3 a try when I have more patience. I really like the UNPB body shape, but I prefer BBPx over normal BBP because it's more "lively" with HDT.

I really appreciate your help. I should have included a picture of the back as well so you could see that the whole thing is out of alignment. It's like the entire body mesh is larger than the UNPB BBP one, if that makes sense. I'll give #3 a try when I have more patience. I really like the UNPB body shape, but I prefer BBPx over normal BBP because it's more "lively" with HDT.

Lol, well with HDT you can customize the effects using an XML editor or the JFF program (I honestly find that easier than messing with weight paints and 3D meshes, but that's just me being an inept at 3D in general)

I'm doing a lot of experimenting with HDT effects for the TPSB bodies, so if you ever wanna pursue that route and need help you can pm me for that as well.

Just a bit of a bug report concerning the Female Sorakage Armor posted on the front page. Love the armor! But there seems to be some clipping while using HDT

post-22017-0-19529900-1390253749_thumb.jpg

I've tried a few different HDT configurations and it seems to pop up consistantly.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention this is the no coat varation of the armor.

Just a bit of a bug report concerning the Female Sorakage Armor posted on the front page. Love the armor! But there seems to be some clipping while using HDT

attachicon.gifhdtclipping.jpg

I've tried a few different HDT configurations and it seems to pop up consistantly.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention this is the no coat varation of the armor.

I'll rework it using the new and finalized form of TPSB :)

Update:

TPSB is DONE! You now have no excuses to prevent you from making TBBP enabled outfits that also support pregnancy!

Now that it's over and in a place where I can safely convert armors to it, I will gladly redo my conversions to TPSB body weights.

As well as all new conversions I make will also use those weights.

Also, I will be splitting my time between converting armors, finish writing tutorials and customizing HDT! (Lot on my plate xD, but it's all interesting stuff)

Thanks for all the support guys!

Note: I will be removing and deleting the TBBP conversions posted on here after I have successfully converted them to TPSB and re-upped them to the TPSB downloads page.

Awesome! I saw you had a partially finished tutorial on creating sliders, but I had a question which I hope has a simpler solution...

Is it possible to transfer a slider from one Body/Outfit to another? I as ask I like the PSB Body, but it lacks the Push Up slider of the CalienteBodyAdvancedTBBP.

Is it possible to transfer a slider from one Body/Outfit to another? I as ask I like the PSB Body, but it lacks the Push Up slider of the CalienteBodyAdvancedTBBP.

O.o I never noticed that lol.

Well if you don't mind you can try the TPSB body (link in tweak section), it has all the CalienteBodyAdvanced sliders.

Or if your comfortable doing some xml editing,open PSB.xml and copy this into the sliderset (somewhere in the middle of the xml):

<Slider name="PushUp" small="0" big="0">
          <datafile name="PushUp" target="BaseShape">PushUp.bsd</datafile>
        </Slider>

Thanks to Ashal for pinning this thread!

Now I no longer have to fear retribution for making update bumps so people can see the guide on the first page.

To commemorate pinning:

I'll be finishing Guide 7 today

I'll be adding Guide 8: Making zap Sliders (AKA: adding options to your outfits

I'll also add Guide 9: Preparing your Conversion for Public Release (AKA: Making Outfit Groups Correctly)

It's a lot to do in one day, but that's the sort of effort I'll need to put in for a now pinned thread.

I CAN HAZ 7Base/ADEC/WHATEVERELSE PLOX?

I am drunk and thought of this while doing a bunch of other stuff:

READ HERE

OUTCOME HERE

Thought I would archive this as a possible future project once all my other projects and stuff are finished.

Also I secretly hope another modder may take this up while I'm doing my other things.

Feel free to pm me for details/help.

This mad experiment brought to you by:

213.jpg

Status Update:

Computer crashesd, am posting from an alternate (less powerful linux laptop) so yea...

Unfortunately didn't get images up in time and stuff so I'll be restricted to text only guides.

Got text for Guide 7 Done, and Most of Guide 8 text done (but I need to finish testing the steps lol, so don't follow that guide just yet)

Gonna call it a night and thanks for all the support guys! I am really thankful I have found this modding community in which to spend my free time somewhat usefully helping others (and myself) out.

Thanks Blabba! Your tutorials have been very helpful. I am definitely looking forward to Guide 9 as there are still some things about actually finishing up conversions that I seem to thick to grasp, (and it would be cool to actually share what I have done), and am also excited for the HDT Bodyslide tutorial! Thank you!

Thanks Blabba! Your tutorials have been very helpful. I am definitely looking forward to Guide 9 as there are still some things about actually finishing up conversions that I seem to thick to grasp, (and it would be cool to actually share what I have done), and am also excited for the HDT Bodyslide tutorial! Thank you!

Sweet, ty for feedback :)

UPDATE:

Finished Guide 7, added some new optional steps for those of you with 3-D modelling skills to perfect your sliders with ;)

To-Do's:

Finish Guide 8

Finish Guide 9

After those guides are done, I will again be on hiatus from making guides for a few days to continue making conversions and to help move HDT effects into the new age of more jiggle and collision!

ok so idk if you went over this allready, but the weight painter to help add bbp and tbbp isnt showing up when i press bones and select the little icon, no colors, no paint, nothing, i tried ghosting it and hoping for the best but it seems to not be applying it at all. any ideas?

i cant add bbp, or tbbp to anything, just finished converting the sexy kunoichi armor to my liking and would like to add BBP but im stuck,...

ok so idk if you went over this allready, but the weight painter to help add bbp and tbbp isnt showing up when i press bones and select the little icon, no colors, no paint, nothing, i tried ghosting it and hoping for the best but it seems to not be applying it at all. any ideas?

i cant add bbp, or tbbp to anything, just finished converting the sexy kunoichi armor to my liking and would like to add BBP but im stuck,...

Chances are you are using intel graphics on windows 8/8.1

If so then your problem is noted and fixed for the next version of OS.

Some steps you can try:

1. Update latest video drivers

2. Update OpenGL (google it)

Now even if you cannot 'see' the weights, you can still copy the weights over into the body mesh, just follow the steps they should still work for you just not visually indicated.

Edit: I will make this more clearer in the FAQ, ty for feedback

sadly i think i might have to update drivers, but im still on win7 cant take win8 OS, too frustrating. i googled it and was able to find this, but not sure what hes talking about when he says load body nif, and then load outfit, he doesnt specify and opening a new project only lets you open 1 nif and a refrence slider set, so idk what hes talking about loading 2 .nif's.

edit: i tried copying the bones but this either makes the armor droop really badly or CTD after load screen, so maybe i'm doing something wrong, or it needs the weights on the actual mesh, not sure,...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1284221

See image for Guide 3 Step 1 (15 sec gif that shows you the start new project)

When you start a new project you load 1 nif for reference, and then you hit next button at the bottom, you should be presented with a screen that says load outfit and you choose your outfit mesh.

Hint: All this is mentioned in Guide 1 and Guide 3 in detail w/ pics

Weight conversions is also mentioned in my Guide 1 and Guide 3 with pics (they essentially follow your link's steps)

All I can suggest is try reading through either guide, and if you truly cannot understand a specific part, repost saying so and I will try my utmost best to explain and Update the tutorial to make it more explicitly clear.

ok so i followed both your steps, still not sure what the links steps was describing, but i followed yours to the T, even was able to load the TBBP body as reference, but sadly after copying all the bones and conforming it to all to sliders, i put on the armor and i CTD ingame. it works fine when i load it without bbp or tbbp, but when i try it with, CTD. im a bit slow at first but once i catch on my awareness spreads like wildfire,...

ok so i followed both your steps, still not sure what the links steps was describing, but i followed yours to the T, even was able to load the TBBP body as reference, but sadly after copying all the bones and conforming it to all to sliders, i put on the armor and i CTD ingame. it works fine when i load it without bbp or tbbp, but when i try it with, CTD. im a bit slow at first but once i catch on my awareness spreads like wildfire,...

Nice, reason why you could be crashing is because of skeleton issues,

Try XPMS skeleton or (even better if you plan on using HDT: Groovtama's Edit of XPMS)

Otherwise if you already have the skeleton up and running, try posting your edited .nif file (check the CalienteTools/ShapeData/<Outfit Folder> for a .nif file and post it here. I'll check to see that the file isn't corrupt.

Those are my only two theories on your CTD's

Edit: What do you mean by link steps? Try quoting the step or tell my which Guide and step it was.

As always thanks for feedback

Edit: What do you mean by link steps? Try quoting the step or tell my which Guide and step it was.

As always thanks for feedback

i installed the new skeleton, made sure to have all the proper files installed (i've done it before with older version)

and sadly it still CTD, i checked the .nif file in the directory you specified and its saying something about it being to large?

im guessing like an idiot i messed something up in bodyslide, or its not functioning correctly similar to how i cant see the weight paint.

well in the other link i provided, they say,...

Note: You will need a 100% working outfit/conversion for this tutorial first!

1.) Start a new project in Outfit Studio.

2.) Load the body.nif that has the weights you need as a reference and click next.

3.) Load the outfit you want to copy the weights to and click finish.

whats it mean by BODY.NIF? is it talking about loading a reference shape like you show, or am i supposed to lad a nif then open up the menu again and load another outfit nif on top of the already loaded body .nif? i mean i was able to do this with other armors, but sadly it was just a fluke and have no idea how i did it, (all an accident).

CB++SexyNinja2TBBP.rar

I'm sorry to say but that particular outfit is not compatible with the current version of outfit studio's copy weight system.

Meshes that use the older NISkinInstances node instead of the newer BSDismemberment Nodes...

From the FAQ section here:

Q: When I add weights to my outfit mesh and try opening it up in nifskope I get a bunch of errors/nifskope crashes.

A: Check to see if your original meshes use NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberment nodes.

If so, this is a documented bug and is confirmed to be patched up for next version. Read more about it here and on the google issues page.

Good news is that this fixed for the next version of Outfit Studio!

Hint: to check if a mesh is compatible, you'll need to download nifskope and open the .nif file and then check inside to see if there is anything mentioning the words NISkinInstances. If such nodes exist current Outfit Studio will not support adding weights to it or turning it into BodySlide.

Edit: Lots of the really older armor conversions use this node. Most notable is almost all armors from Alan's BBP Pack.

wow ok good to know, i would have been knocking my brains out trying to get it to work, i've tried so many times and finally decided to ask somebody who knows more, glad i did.

its a shame but i'm going to be looking forward to this update.

well that skeleton you linked me to was awesome for the HDT, it smoothed it out so nicely, all the jello! im lovin it thank you!...

guess im going to have to be patient.

thanks again! :)