[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hello :)

At first THANK YOU very much for this noobfriendly guide, now there is one problem.

Is it possible to convert shoes more precisely heels to my feet?

I got the stocking good so that there is no clipping with the body (thanks to your guide) but now it clips at (or on? im bad with prepositions :blush: ) the feet.

Hopefully you  have an answer for me.

whoops. so that's what you meant. and here i was wondering why nobody did share up. still, thanks for clearing things up for me.

btw, i think another thing worth mentioning would be the usage of zap sliders. didn't know how it worked till i stumbled onto this guy's post in the nexus forums.

Request noted, added to the What's Next Section, and thanks for the reference! (It'll make it easier to make the guide)

Hello :)

At first THANK YOU very much for this noobfriendly guide, now there is one problem.

Is it possible to convert shoes more precisely heels to my feet?

I got the stocking good so that there is no clipping with the body (thanks to your guide) but now it clips at (or on? im bad with prepositions :blush: ) the feet.

Hopefully you  have an answer for me.

I know currently that Outfit Studio is slightly bugged when it comes to Hands and Feet Meshes (they start off the reference body)

I also know that some people reported seam issues with shoes and gloves, but I'll still have to look up how to fix all that.

Sorry but right now I just don't know the answer to your question, you can always try contacting cell here or any of the other people listed on the credits page for more assistance.

And if you do find an answer, then please share it with the rest of us :)

Sup guys, so for today I said I'd release my plans for establishing a Bodyslide 2 Index.

I've decided to wait on a response from a pm I sent to Oppaithon, the creator of the Bodyslide Armors Index v.2.

I plan on adding a V3 index if he sends a response saying that he will no longer be able to update that thread. Otherwise I plan on helping him out with updating that thread.

Also, probably gonna be a little lazy today and instead of writing guides/updating this thread gonna take a break and work on some conversion requests/my own conversions.

If you wanna see them I'll be adding posts to the Outfit Studio/BodySlide 2 thread.

Edit: I got my PM stuff back up on this site, was apparently down for some reason. So if you needed to PM me for whatever reason, feel free to do so now!

@blabba:

Maybe I have the wrong concept of this tool. Is it only to convert to CBBE bodies?

We communicated briefly in the other thread, the gist is I was trying to convert an armor from Litheria to UNPB.

Every thing I see here converts to CBBE, or am I just extremely newbish,lol.

So, I got it.

I'm using UNPB BBP, but like the armor from humannature66's Litheria Race

I started up Outfit Studio, didn't use the template, but selected my _0.nif body mesh and the Loin-cloth on next screen.

I selected the mesh of the armor and edited it, and just saved the project.

Repeated for the -1.nif.

Then I used Nifskope to change the mesh to the Osare Pantys, changed the body part to 52 under DisMemberSkinInstance and here we go!

Oooh I'm like a kid in a candy store  . . . Now for the boots!

post-24528-0-88084400-1389633487_thumb.jpg

post-24528-0-74458700-1389633512_thumb.jpg

Litheria.7z

Nice initiative. Just a few comments on the terminology....

BodySlide - The actual tool that creates customized female bodies and outfits.

Disclaimer: This tool only supports body morphing CBBE base bodies to make your own custom variant.

Officially. In practice, anyone can make their own set of sliders for any body mesh, really only takes

a few minutess to make a couple of useful sliders, but can take hours to perfect.

Conversion Set - A Reference Body with 1 attached slider that transforms from 1 type to another. Native Conversion sets are as follow:

A reference set can have any number of sliders, as many as there are potential conversion targets.

One set with many sliders, or many sets of one slider each, It's a matter of preference.

Non-Standard Body - An unofficial term I have come up with to describe Body Shapes that do not have a built in Conversion Set.

Examples: UNPBO, Litheria, CBBE3M, CBBEMangaBody.

Uhm, sounds more like not-that-common-body. The only standard body is vanilla.

However, the term custom body could be useful to coin, to describe a body mesh within an outift

that has been altered compared to the original. A (not so) wild guess is that 40-80% of the available

outfit meshes contains custom body shapes. For Bodyslide purposes they are a real nuisance, since

it's highly preferable to use a default body (i.e standard CB Baseshape, or standard UNP/UNPB).

Also, outfits for custom body shapes will not fit a reference body mesh without modification. There will be

clipping, or empty space. As a silly example, for Bodyslide purposes the default CBBE body is a custom

body compared to CB because it has a wider waist than the CB baseshape. Better example: killerkeo's

more recent "CBBE" outfits, try to fit them on a CBBE body, or CB baseshape.

(Hint:  KK preset: BreastCleavage + Pushup + NipBGone 100, Waist 0, Shoulderwidth 75, Thighs 65)

The data for this can be found in "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\<Outfit folder name>"

The folder contains a 'base' .nif file on which the morphs are applied

The folder also contains the slider 'morph' data in the same folder as .BSD files

The slider files can be in a different folder as well. For example body sliders (in almost all cases), except

for body zap sliders which typically should be in the local folder. You can override a non-local slider

(like a body slider) by assigning the local="true" attribute to a sliderdata tag. Manually, not in Outfit Studio.

(Edit Slider)       while the former allows you to edit the morph for that slider at various different percentage values.

You edit a slider when it is highlighted in purple, this stores the changes made of the mesh into .bsd files for that particular slider morph.

Nitpick, but afaik the slider is not actually stored until the project is saved, or the particular slider shape exported.

Maybe there will be autosave in the future (or has it already been implemented?).

Outfit Group - The name of the .xml file contained in "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderGroups" that links to your outfit's slider data.

(Group Name) This is important because this is what is used to filter/organize your outfit slidersets as well as your body presets.

An Outfit group contains a list of sliderset names. As for the group name the xml filename has no effect, except for

alphabetical load order which might affects the order in which groups appear, unless they are resorted by Bodyslide.

Normal groups are not important but useful, it's a a way to contain and organise and prepare a collection of outfit sets

for batchbuilding.

As for presets....

Q: I load my outfit into Bodyslide but I don't see my preset?

A: You have to manually edit your created preset so that it links to your outfit. You can still create the outfit with your Bodyslide preset you just need to navigate to your body that you made the preset for, select the preset,

then type in your outfit's sliderset name in the "Outfit Filter" and hit batch convert

The recommended way is to include each sliderset name in a supergroup. By supergroup I mean a group

which contains all available slidersets for a particular sliderset-standard, like for instance CB++ (now CBAdvanced).

Why? Because of the question asked above. A preset is only available for a sliderset if there is a link between

them in the preset code. That link can a sliderset name, or a group name. Or a supergroup.

Using sliderset names is a terrible idea, because there can be an unlimited amount of slidersets

(and they be renamed), and new sets are added constantly. Who has time to update their preset files?

Using group names is not terrible, but quite bad for the same reasons as above, though groups are fewer are

added at a slower rate than slidersets.

Using a supergroup is the correct way. Every set that is included in the supergroup will work with presets made

for the supergroup. And supergroups are never renamed, because that would break all available presets for

new sets, or new presets for old sets. Like CB++. It would never be renamed to anything else. Right? :blink:

Updated FAQ

Updated Guide 1 TBBP note at the beginning

To Do's:

Add a guide

Share my conversions in a new thread in Download section.

As for index, instead of re-inventing the wheel, Oppaithon is back and making some updates/ adding conversions to his Bodyslide V2 Index here.

I will post a link to that page in main post.

I'll try helping him update the content their by sending him links and stuff. Thanks for the poll votes though!

Been lurking on the CBBE/Bodyslide 2 Conversions thread and am happy to see more people posting conversions :)

Also trying to fix some weighting issues with my TBBP reference body, maybe someone here can help?:

Weight_Error.jpg

Edit: And now thanks to stuffed_bunny's excellent feedback time to update the thread even more :)

Seems, I have more work cut out for me, as some users have also given me encouraging feedback that tutorial isn't as noob friendly as it could be so I'll try working on that too.

Also trying to fix some weighting issues with my TBBP reference body, maybe someone here can help?:

Alt-click to remove weigthing.

Me thinks the TBBP mesh could use some updating. Can't remember ever seeing those weights on the arm

while adjusting the ribcage jiggle in Blender. Perhaps they crept up during nif export, have a feeling it's bugged.

Me thinks the TBBP mesh could use some updating. Can't remember ever seeing those weights on the arm

while adjusting the ribcage jiggle in Blender. Perhaps they crept up during nif export, have a feeling it's bugged.

TBBP weights have always been like that.

And i have Cleaned up the breast weights, and removed the butt weights completely from the DragonflyTBBP.nif.

If Any one wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ugoep6seevz16c6/DragonflyTBBP.nif

just drop it in here "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\CalienteBody"

Make a backup, just in case you ever want butt weighting again.

TBBP weights have always been like that.

And i have Cleaned up the breast weights, and removed the butt weights completely from the DragonflyTBBP.nif.

If Any one wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ugoep6seevz16c6/DragonflyTBBP.nif

just drop it in here "CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\CalienteBody"

Make a backup, just in case you ever want butt weighting again.

Thanks! Mind If I make a note of it and copy your link to main post?

(Also is it possible to make a 'clean' version with butt weighting or does it screw up? I ask because I'd rather not waste time on it if the arm weighting is there as a fix for some other bone weight)

Thanks! Mind If I make a note of it and copy your link to main post?

(Also is it possible to make a 'clean' version with butt weighting or does it screw up? I ask because I'd rather not waste time on it if the arm weighting is there as a fix for some other bone weight)

I don't mind, you can do what you like with the link.

No it will not screw up anything the weights were painted there by mistake, no other reason.

Removing them from the places there not meant to be is only a good thing. 

[Added] - A more tweak/customization downloads section.

[updated] - Terminologies section, got most of stuffed_bunny's suggestions down, still got a few more to do, but I gotta think up of a way to say his expert advice in slightly more noob friendly terms.

It includes Vioxsis excellently cleaned TBBP body, as well as 2 modified ones based off his body.

If anyone uses PSB and finds seams using the original and/or want PSB to have the default TBBP bounce please test out my experimental Body and give feedback. Of course all credit goes to orginal author and will be added to credits page once the body is confirmed working.

To-Do's for tonight:

Update FAQ and Terminologies per stuffed_bunny's excellent selection.

Work on PSB + TBBP patch.

On Hold:

My own conversions :(

Too much to do in this world of tutorials and RL make it seem I have less time to actually work on conversions.

However, your help and support is what keeps me going (and the thought of inspiring others to make their own conversions and sharing it with the community)

Well that's all for my personal rant tonight.

I'm having issues with converting from UNPB to CBBE. The nipples don't seem to match up and I don't know how to move the nipple meshes of the outfit to match the CBBE one. Can someone give me a list of steps to convert UNPB to CBBE oufits. 90% of the outfits I have are UNPB that I want to convert and share.

I'm having issues with converting from UNPB to CBBE. The nipples don't seem to match up and I don't know how to move the nipple meshes of the outfit to match the CBBE one. Can someone give me a list of steps to convert UNPB to CBBE oufits. 90% of the outfits I have are UNPB that I want to convert and share.

I'm not sure what your exact problem is in regards to nipple meshes?

But I'll add a 'Standard Conversion' Guide later this evening maybe that will help you out?

BTW if all you need is just a list of steps then if you read the Offcial OS2 guides posted by Ousnius on the BodySlide2/Outfit Studio Page it should suffice.

You're using UNP textures on CBBE meshes, that bug is completely normal. The CBBE -> UNPB meshes are actually CBBE meshes, so when you arrive at the last steps of my tutorials @Nexus, the textures will look correct again.

Thank you for the tutorials.  I have thus learned, very rapidly, that I truly suck at weight painting (trying to stick a BBP body into a TBBP armor).

The link for the cleaned butt and boobs under Optional Tweaks/Downloads goes to a completely different file, any chance of fixing?

Thank you for the tutorials.  I have thus learned, very rapidly, that I truly suck at weight painting (trying to stick a BBP body into a TBBP armor).

The link for the cleaned butt and boobs under Optional Tweaks/Downloads goes to a completely different file, any chance of fixing?

Cool thanks for catching that, try it now and see if it takes you correctly. (It does on mine, and it did work for me before but it took me to my mediafire homepage where I can see all my uploads so I can see why it was errored)

FYI my next 2 updates are to further Clean that nif (found some shoulder weighting and such that I would also like to fix)

Work on the TBBP  + PSB body weighting

And seriously upload a guide (either on making sliders or just doing a fuide on converting Bodies with references enabled)

If anyone has a vote on which guide they'd like to see uploaded tomorrow/tonight, just post here! (I'll try my best but it may get delayed)

Edit: Lol a friend of mine sent me a 'cover' for my 'guide' thought I'd feature it as I thought it looked pretty good, all it needs is a red [unofficial] stamp xD

Anyway thought I'd feature it as it made me laugh :) Let me know if it's annoying to you guys as my post is long enough already without having this in the way. (will probably hide it under a spoiler as I don't want my friends effort to go to waste xD)

BEHOLD THE POWER! as Harkon would say.

My pathetic attempt at changing Megalov's Aradia Lady Gold to my specific preset. It came out decent for my first time. The hard part was trying to find the right mesh scale and moving the fucking vertices till I got the nipples through the nipple shield holes. I only got ONE of them through. The other one doesn't seem to cooperate no matter what I do. Took me 2 hours to figure out how to move vertices and setting mesh scales to line up the nipple shields as best as I could. The fact that Bodyslide kept crashing didn't help either. I mainly used guide 3 since guide 1 caused way too much clipping for my presets. Anyway, if anyone can figure out a better way, please show me how. Here are some pics of my progress.

post-2155-0-09298600-1389750214_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-43746500-1389750218_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-27151500-1389750223_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-95634900-1389750227_thumb.jpg

@Kageryu, nice! looking good.

As for guide 1 problems clipping with your preset, does your preset have negative values or over 100 values on any slider?

If so the fix for this is to simply highlight the corresponding slider and manually type in the number used in your preset. That way you should fix clippings on your preset while making it bodyslideable for others to enjoy/if you decide to change your preset.

It's time consuming work, but if done right the first time, you'll never have to mess with it again :)

Edit: When next version of Bodyslide becomes available and you can use 'Load Project' function correctly then it'll be easier to test in-game, come-back and make changes to fix clippings on bodyslideable clothing.

NOTICE: Been rubbing myself raw trying to get the weight painting in Outfit Studio to work on Female Bodies, but I simply can't as everytime I try it messes up the arm and neck seams :(

Sorry again for not updating tutorials. Will pick up some slack tommorrow as I have more free time then.

Made huge progress on a PSB TBBP Body.

Still undergoing testing, as well as some more weight cleaning

EDIT: Thanks to Vioxsis I can finally take my mind off of the weight issues plagued by TBBP and PSB (I did as much as I could in OS but I still ended up with hand gaps and slight neck gaps)

Now back to making guides and conversions (hopefully with working belly bones from the new mesh that Vioxsis makes :) )

Update: The Vioxsis made meshes are amazing! Unfortunately they cause some gaps between the hand and the neck when BodySlided, I have contacted Cell to find a workaround for this issue, if all goes well I'll upload the mesh tomorrow and hopefully those of you PSB fans out there will be able to make some awesome conversions!

BEHOLD THE POWER OF OUTFIT STUDIO! My favorite outfit from Oblivion has been ported to Skyrim and improved and now made into Bodyslide. There's still some issues with the outfit when using presets but overall it turned pretty good. I deleted the apron that came with the outfit because it detracted from the overall sexiness/skimpiness of the mod.

I followed Guide 1 but instead of morphing the body to match the original outfit, I moved the nipple parts to match the original bodyshape and just moved the breast slider a bit so that it wasn't at 0. From then on, everything was smooth. At my preset, there was a bit of clipping in the right nipple so I fixed it using Guide 3 and added TBBP. Overall, much easier compared to yesterday but still tedious.

I want an easier way to move the vertices, maybe with the mouse or moving multiple meshes at the same time to prevent mismatches. This outfit had 3 parts on each nipple cover and it was a pain to move them one at a time to match the original body BUT once that was done, different bodyslide presets worked almost flawlessly.

post-2155-0-87658200-1389852150_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-78421400-1389852152_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-51951400-1389852154_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-86255600-1389852155_thumb.jpg

Edit: I just remembered! There's no condoms attached to the garter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anyway I can transfer the condoms mesh from the Oblivion outfit to the Skyrim one?!?! See pic below for difference.

post-10823-13597870787504.jpg

about the : Art of Magicka TBBP Bodyslide , its based at unpb download or cbbe? asking because i need download one of that ones and now clue wich you you toke for base conversion.

I used the original UNPB based one as my base for conversion.

It should be just the main download one. Used UNPB version because author said he didn't fully support the CBBE conversions he posted.