[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

@stuffed_bunny (i love your name) and @blabba :

i just realize one thing idk if its my bodyslide settings or my skyrim install, but if i use CalienteAdvancedBody TBBP like main body/outfit i got a X effect like hdt will affect my body and breasts, and if i use PSB or TPsB i got another complete differente from caliente tbbp, looks like psb/tpsb let breasts more heavy / static with more gravity weight, idk how call that, really sorry if its a game error from my install or something i just saw that and got curios about.

if wanna i can post a little video showing the effect , i kinda suck at english, sorry, idk if you guys can undestand that mess i wrote.

Gah, how do people make skin-tight articles of clothing fit so well without clipping? I brushed my mesh until the _0 and _1 weights didn't clip anymore in Nifskope, yet there are still several clipping spots in-game, especially when animating. And the stockings on the mesh are noticeably... lumpier... than the stockings on a much more well-made outfit.

@stuffed_bunny (i love your name) and @blabba :

i just realize one thing idk if its my bodyslide settings or my skyrim install, but if i use CalienteAdvancedBody TBBP like main body/outfit i got a X effect like hdt will affect my body and breasts, and if i use PSB or TPsB i got another complete differente from caliente tbbp, looks like psb/tpsb let breasts more heavy / static with more gravity weight, idk how call that, really sorry if its a game error from my install or something i just saw that and got curios about.

if wanna i can post a little video showing the effect , i kinda suck at english, sorry, idk if you guys can undestand that mess i wrote.

Hmm, that's weird PSB weighting should actually give you MORE of a bounce lol.

But yea, when using HDT their are 2 variables that effect it, 1 is the weight paint and the other is the actual hdt values.

Gah, how do people make skin-tight articles of clothing fit so well without clipping? I brushed my mesh until the _0 and _1 weights didn't clip anymore in Nifskope, yet there are still several clipping spots in-game, especially when animating. And the stockings on the mesh are noticeably... lumpier... than the stockings on a much more well-made outfit.

If what your converting to is far different from what your converting from (I.E. unp skinny legs to CBBE chubby legs) or you see that the mesh is 'shifted' in OS then

you are better off using the move vertices tool or to align it up in 3DSMax and then do spot checks in OS.

Also, don't forget to try copying your body's weight paints onto the mesh (even if it's not T/BBP stuff), though this sometimes doesn't work/help

thanks...looks like I finally got the catwoman suit converted to sevenbase. Though a little concerned as it was far easier than the complicated steps of the tutorial suggested...just pulled it in and adjusted the meshes where needed.

ruby_4.jpg

ruby_2.jpg

O.o looking good!

Yea, it's supposed to be that easy so don't be concerned (I gotta ask though, which guide did you follow that you thought was too complicated? <-- me being inquisitive so that I may improve the guides)

[update]

Added GUIDE 10: Nipple Piercing Conversion

It's still a WIP as I need to add pictures and make a proper forum guide when I get more time in my day, but for now I just added a video tutorial (courtesy of a friend who told me about camtasia studio)

I didn't do any voice stuff with it as my mic sucks. Let me know if you guys think the videos are 'blabba quality' lol.

Suggestions/camtasia tips or tricks to make the guides/tuts are always welcome :D

Also, I need a better video host that's not youtube, daily motion really downgrades the quality (720p -> 480p) although that might just be because of my internet connection...

edit: Gah I give up, I have no idea how to make camtasia captions work when uploaded to a vid host -_-

It can make "bsd" files in BAMM mod does? Not only one body supply, All of "bodyslide support body" comportable. :D

I am unsure if this is a question, if it is I apologize for not understanding :unsure:

If it was more of a statement as to how amazing this program is, then all I have to say is: I agree!

Sorry about my bad english. T-T

I mean "body slide support patch(like http://www.loverslab.com.prx2.unblocksit.es.prx2.unblocksit.es/topic/16350-bodyslide-armor-and-clothes-list-v2/)" can make by bodyslide studio tool? tongue.png

Sorry, link seems to not work from me, but I think I understand what you are asking, and yes, theses guides will allow you to make bodyslide support 'patch' :)

[update]

I figured out this whole video thing, fixed the guide 10 video W00T! and now I just need to find a faster place to upload videos to other than Vimeo because that place takes awhile with processing the videos :/

So yea, if i get good feedback on the videos then I'll continue making them when I have time (I will still be keeping the numbered steps + gif format alive though as I believe it is an 'art' not commonly found elsewhere, also helps us low bandwidth peeps)

So what's the procedure for a zap slider? I checked your tutorials but you noted there to disregard the instructions.

I've found out that the original CBBE TERA armor pack in Nexus was very well converted and would only require minor adjustments to adapt it to the HDT body, so I though about doing it slowly myself on the armors I like. Some of the armors could use some zapping, in fact I was thinking about doing it "manually" by erasing the whole meshes and creating revealing versions, but I suppose zap sliders would be cleaner.

So what's the procedure for a zap slider? I checked your tutorials but you noted there to disregard the instructions.

I've found out that the original CBBE TERA armor pack in Nexus was very well converted and would only require minor adjustments to adapt it to the HDT body, so I though about doing it slowly myself on the armors I like. Some of the armors could use some zapping, in fact I was thinking about doing it "manually" by erasing the whole meshes and creating revealing versions, but I suppose zap sliders would be cleaner.

I'll add the 'unoffcial' instructions via a lazy video guide tomorrow, but here's the 'quick' rundown.

1. Select the mesh part you want zapped in the mesh tab

2. Mask the vertices of that mesh that you want REMOVED!

3. Invert Mask

4. Slider - New Zap Slider

5. Save, and look at the product in-game/ in BodySlide Preview :)

Note: If Zap is enabled on either High OR Low weight, the zap effects BOTH the weights, meaning the part will dissapear from BOTH high and low weights! You can manually adjust the zap so it shows up only once through some xml edits.

I'm using the TBBP version of Sevenbase and wanted to make some changes to it in outfitstudio but if I remodel the breasts and export the mesh the result in-game is not as expected. They are more or less the default shape but less smooth than before. Do I have to remove the TBBP before editing or what is the problem here?

I would also like to convert an outfit. Is there a template for converting from unp to sevenbase?

Is there a template for converting from unp to sevenbase?

Using regular Outfit Studio:

1. Unp -> CBBE

2. CBBE -> 7Base

You could actually make your own direct conversion reference pretty easily though.

Also, you could try stuffed-bunny's UNP slider pack and see if he has a conversion reference there:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v04-30-sliders/

I should warn you that when you use Outfit Studio to convert to another body, if you don't add/take a few extra steps, what your really doing is adding a morphed CBBE body that LOOKS like 7Base into your outfit. So when you wear the 'Outfit' in Skyrim, if you look closely the vertex count and detailing is less than the actual 7Base bodies or conversions done. (These would be called low quality conversions) Easily fixable with some additional steps though, but then for the most part the 'low quality' conversions work just fine.

Blabba, would it be possible to have a full body reference mesh, including feet and hands (and maybe even head), to adapt armors that cover those parts? Just to use them as reference, then you'd load the real HDT body reference and comform and other stuff (even though having the hand and feet weight nodes would also be handy).

I would love to be able to edit properly the hands and feet of my Bound Armor mesh, and while I can open Outfit Studio and the game at the same time and see there where is the clipping happening, it'd be much better if I could simply have the hands in OS to use the tools on it.

I tried opening the hand meshes in Outfit Studio, but when I do, they appear way below the body mesh, so I can't use them as a reference.

Nah, just treat them separately.

Just open up the feet mesh/hand mesh/Head mesh separately as a reference body and load up the outfit glove/boots/head accessory mesh.

It should line up properly that way, and you can even import the reference body into the mesh properly (like if you use a better feet/hand mesh, and your working on gloves or something you can add those details)

At least in theory the said stuff works fine, I did an earring test with a head mesh in OS not too long ago, didn't test in-game but it lined up just fine inside OS (although this might be a special case)

Also: NEVER copy the head mesh into an outfit (learned that the hard way)

edit: As for combining into 1 nice easy to use reference, would require me to make changes with the Program OS itself and seeing as how Source code isn't open It's better if you pm cell about it as a feature request.

edit 2: actually I think it may be possible, for what you ask... You'd have to use blender/3dsmax and import the body/feet/hands/head mesh and group them together and export out. No idea if it would work though :/

I tried loading the hand meshes as reference, but my bound armor mesh it's the whole armor with helmet, boots and gloves included, and the hands popped like a meter below the armor's feets, so I wasn't able to do that properly.

Yea, then you could try something along the lines of my edit2 suggestions/idea

I have no idea if it will work though :/

I'll see if I can find a way to group them all myself, but I have yet developed the skill for ungrouping/grouping objects and allowing them to be exported as a single NiTriShape yet. So the request might take awhile :(

Is there a template for converting from unp to sevenbase?

Also, you could try stuffed-bunny's UNP slider pack and see if he has a conversion reference there:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/11468-bodyslide-unp-v04-30-sliders/

Actually, here:   http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/page-31?do=findComment&comment=638351

There's some nipple twist in that package, but I will update it soon.

Furthermore, next Bodyslide UNP update is supposed to support pretty much all available UNP variants,

including 7B, as well as custom sliders. I suspect it's will be a bit annoying to adjust all sliders when porting

outfits, there will after all be 12 fullbody sliders in addition to the other 25-30 sliders, but possibly not much

harder than full cb++ support.

Another issue... I remember this being talked about in some other thread, but I can't find the exact one. I've been using the zap slider function to erase some pieces of my future bound armor mesh that weren't necessary. When I save and create the zapped armor, I can open it in nifSkope without issues, but after doing the real conversion to BodySlide (adapting to HDT body, comforming to sliders and copying bone weights), the armor doesn't show in Nifskope anymore. When I open the .nif file I get all the stuff showing in the info window, but not in the model view.

What was exactly the problem/workaround for this? 

I'm trying to convert a pair of stockings from this pack http://saikik24.tistory.com/2293 but their position is wrong compared to the body when you open it in OS or Nifskope. This is what it looks like:

lq7r.jpg

This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't overwrite the original mesh but if I save it like this the stockings will have that position in the game as well. What can I do about it?

I'm trying to convert a pair of stockings from this pack http://saikik24.tistory.com/2293 but their position is wrong compared to the body when you open it in OS or Nifskope. This is what it looks like:

lq7r.jpg

This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't overwrite the original mesh but if I save it like this the stockings will have that position in the game as well. What can I do about it?

Chances are those stockings just aren't compatible with Outfit Studio.

With some Blender/3DSMax you should be able to re-align them fairly easily (I think).

Although the fact that those stockings aren't lined up in nifskope has me scratching my head as well.

Their are few ideas I have, but unfortunately all of them require some Blender/3DSMax trickery for now and time which I really don't have much of right now :(

Edit: If the original stockings mesh replaced the feet mesh (or had feet mesh imported) then you can try loading up your feet mesh as the reference body and then try the stockings to see if that works.