[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

As news are going on without me, i have to ask what is that HDT-body you were talking about?

It's linked under the optional/tweaks download I believe.

If it isn't there though here's a link: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25750-hdt-body-cbbe-bodyslide-7base-bombshell/

I suggest you not download it yet, wait for about another 30 mins or so. There's a massive update I'm working on that's about 99% done. It'll be uploaded shortly with all the new sliders added to it.

hi there,

i got a question about your guide 4/"guide 1 step 13".

i implemented these lines in the config.xml like guide 4.

<Template sourcefile="SliderSets\CalienteSets.xml" set="CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP">CBBE Advanced TBBP</Template>
<Template sourcefile="SliderSets\CalienteSets.xml" set="CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP">CBBE Advanced BBP</Template>

now when i'm doing step 13 in guide 1 and choosing "CBBE Advanced TBBP". skyrim ctd and creation kit shows me an empty entry at that nif i'm on. when i load "CBBE Advanced" as loading reference, all is up good and nice again. my armor got formerly bbp.

what do i wrong here?

ok, my fault.

i added these 2 references sources like guide 4 in hope to get that old armor tbbp weights.

back in BS i was in your guide 1 at step 13, formerly i chose "CBBE Advanced", but now i chose "CBBE Advanced TBBP. for that i did the last following steps 14-17.

as save as i choose the same name i formerly used to overwrite. after that i went to BodySlide and batchbuild that armor again.

i rushed for skyrim to see my stuff ingame and it ctd'ed. in creationkit i saw that nif which was formerly attached to that armor had an empty preview.

when i go back and undo all my doings to the loading reference "CBBE Advanced" and further steps, back in skyrim all is fine again.

i attachthat file via "file" -> "Export Current"

if that file ain't that much crap in that way can you attach the bone weights from all 6 bones to the baseShape? my bodyslide ain't do that. it's like that faq-thing mentioned posts before. i can copy all the 6 bone weights to all other mesh-levels expect BasShape ->.jpg

test.nif

post-136521-0-23712000-1391377144_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to say that the .nif you sent me is corrupted :(

Any weight changes done to it will likely crash it.

However, If you send me the original .nif (uncorrupted) I can still try attaching the weights using another program.

hm, corrupted. i dunno how!

i attach a zip of all i got, weird i got 2 exports.

I'm sorry to say, but every single .nif in archive was corrupted :(

I can still see the shape and everyhting, but if I try to make any adjustments chances are it will crash your game :(

hm, corrupted. i dunno how!

i attach a zip of all i got, weird i got 2 exports.

I'm sorry to say, but every single .nif in archive was corrupted :(

I can still see the shape and everyhting, but if I try to make any adjustments chances are it will crash your game :(

thx for your reply. but now i have to find out why these where so called corrupted. this armor mesh is an very old release and it's called a chsbhc format. may this corrupt my work on bs in any way?

Yes, they use the NiSkinInstances Node instead of BSDismemberment nodes.

Currently Outfit Studio does not contain support for NiSkinInstances weight changes.

Your best bet is to re-download the armors mesh files and use Blender Weight Copy script or try Mesh Rigger by gerra6 (pm him for a copy of the program) and apply weights that way.

Then you can attempt to fix the meshes in OS (without modifying weights) and see if that works. Otherwise you;ll have to use the old method of using 3dsMax/Blender to adjust the armor and port. Or just wait for OS to update and have this fixed :)

Edit: Make sure your re-downloaded mesh's .nif file opens up in NifSkope just fine without warnings.

Blabba, I've used your excellent guides a couple of times now and they are very easy to follow and well written so thank you for them.

However, I've run into an issue when adding tbbp to Gattis Yumiko outfit. When I loaded it into outfit studio it was misaligned versus the body CBBE Advanced/TBBP. I realigned the three meshes using the numbers suggested by OS. When the conversion was done i slided it to perfection and booted up skyrim just to see it still misaligned by pretty much the same distance as before. So then I tried nifskope and there it was also misaligned, so I moved the three pieces again and saved. Back in skyrim it was still wrong so back out and into nifskope but it looks right there. Opened the outfit in OS again and it looks alright there too. Could you maybe take a look at it and help me get it nice and snug to the body? 

Thanks 

Yumiko_1.nif

Yumiko_0.nif

Lol sorry forgot about your second question.

Umm well there is some problem with those unfortunately, haven't submitted a bug report to Cell yet about them.

To try/test them, you open up OS, click load a reference and navigate to CalConvert and click on 7baseConvert.xml (whatever the .xml file with the 7base name is called)

It'll load up the conversion reference bodies for you.

These should have been bugfixed long ago. The bug was caused by the 7b meshes having incompatible vertex orders.

But vertex order is an easy problem to fix. :)

If using a UNPB mesh as bridge is ok you can try my "UNPB to any" set as reference:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/page-31?do=findComment&comment=638351

Thanks for the tutorials they helped a great deal, I'm also using the Art of Magicka TBBP bodyslide set and I am getting missing textures for the witchelf armor and some others.

I have the textures before using the TBBP bodyslide set and then don't afterwards. Any help would be appreciated thankyou! 

Thanks for the tutorials they helped a great deal, I'm also using the Art of Magicka TBBP bodyslide set and I am getting missing textures for the witchelf armor and some others.

I have the textures before using the TBBP bodyslide set and then don't afterwards. Any help would be appreciated thankyou! 

Hmmm, All I can say is that you may need to extract the textures out of the Art of Magicka original download and place manually :/

I honestly don't know of any other way missing textures can be caused, unless the texture paths in the .nifs themselves were wrong (I just checked and they all work fine for me)

Or feel free to create your own version and share!

Hmmm, All I can say is that you may need to extract the textures out of the Art of Magicka original download and place manually :/

I honestly don't know of any other way missing textures can be caused, unless the texture paths in the .nifs themselves were wrong (I just checked and they all work fine for me)

Or feel free to create your own version and share!

Blabba, could you please have  a quick look at my files above? Just to see if it's easily fixed with the misalignment. 

Got some issues with the Outfit Studio.

I'm currently having some problems with my current conversion of an specific armor mod. The armor is build for some custom made body shape, which is mixed from UNP and CBBE bodies. I could use the given conversion references (such as: Convert: CBBE to UNP, or Convert: CBBE to Sevenbase,), but then there would be so much clipping, that by fixing them by hand would make the armor "messy".

So is there any way to make an exact conversion reference from the BaseShape body included in the armor, so that I wouldn't have to ruin the armor by fixing those major clippings. ( Conversion reference - Convert: BodyShape001 to Sevenbase )

edit.  never mind, I think I figured one way to do it, by using the CBBE Advanced reference and shape the body to the right size from there...

These should have been bugfixed long ago. The bug was caused by the 7b meshes having incompatible vertex orders.

But vertex order is an easy problem to fix. :)

I've fixed it a month ago, but didn't upload yet because I wanted to wait until Cali's done with the next version of BS/OS.

However... here they are, 7B fixes, ADEC, CHSBHC and CBPE.

Do what you want with it.

OS References.7z