[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Gah excellent news!

I found a way to make the so called piercing/translational sliders!

I will go ahead and make them tomorrow and upload. It should help greatly with aligning nipples automatically (will require manual XML editing though to make it user friendly)

I will document how here so I don't forget tomorrow morning:

1. Load up reference (HDT Body)

2. Add new slider

3. Mask ONLY the Nipple Area

4. Invert Mask

5. Highlight 1 Slider

6. Select Clear Slider Data

7. Save Slider as original slider name with Piercing/Translational Prefix attached

8. Test (I foresee no problems, but will test anyway)

9. Probably make a new Reference Body Called HDT Piercings (or Translational) with the generated Translational Sliders attached to it BUT have it retain the SAME Name as normal breast Sliders

10. Conform All the piercings

11. Double Check weight Paints

12. Voila, auto generated correct piercings

It's amazing what 1 cup of coffee does late at night!

Edit: If I do make the extra HDT Piercing Reference Body then other Outfit Converters won't have to do manual XML editing EVERYTHING will be automatic MWAHAHAHA!

Edit2: Make sure to thank skyrimfloo if this mad idea works (It should)  and credit him in OP when I make the piercing guide!

Good that I helped with something, lol. When you release this, I'll celebrate converting those piercings. I'm bored of that Trielek armor crap already. I bet it'd be easier just to pick the TERA armor one and erase the bra and panties and just use piercings to make it look similar.

[EDIT] By the way, not trying to be a pain in the ass, and I understand that the nipple piercings are the ones that need most care since it's what most people play with, but you might like to consider adding something similar for belly and labia piercings, or they'll get crushed too.

i have a problem with ZXY

when i load up the outfit sometimes it gets misplaced from body (higher lower then body further or closer away)

i use the offset shape and use the coords ,after i have done it and save it as NIF.

i load up nif and see the ZXY is misplaced again,i again retype everything and it looks good in the nif file

but loading in game it shows up misplaced yet again! what to do :P

The Offset Shape only acts like a preview from my tests, it doesn't actually save the position.

You'll need to try the move vertices tool and hope the brush is big enough.

Though it could be your mesh is just currently incompatible :(

I have awesome news! I was able to convert the True Bound Daedric Armors mesh to Bodyslide. I used your HDT body as a reference, so now it scales perfectly with it, and it also includes all the weight paint so you got jiggly armor with even belly support. I'm going to post the link in the BodySlide 2 conversions, but I'll note here what I did in case you're interested to look into this.

After extracting the meshes from the mod, it didn't work with outfit Studio because it uses niTriStrips, so first I had to open it in NifSkope and go to every niTriStrip, right-click and do mesh/triangulate to them to turn them into niTriShapes. After that, OS would be able to read them as intended.

I proceeded as usual in Outfit Studio using your tutorial and the HDT body as reference, but with an extra step. Somehow, it wasn't able to save the project, oddly, because the meshes' names (I think this is because it included colons in the name, so it couldn't generate the proper shapeData files), so I changed those and I was able to save it finally. There was an elven boots mesh there that didn't seem to be doing anything so I erased it as well.

I disabled both options when saving, porting the reference outfit and creating both weights for the mesh since the mod only uses one .nif file. After that I tested in the game and everything seems to work like a charm. =)

It might be worth noting in your tutorials (if you didn't already) the bits about converting NiTriStrips into NiTriShapes in NifSkope if an outfit doesn't work, because it seems to be an easy process and only takes a minute. Also, it might be useful to note as well that you shouldn't use any characters that Windows can't use in file names (like colons or question marks), because Outfit Studio uses the exact mesh name to create all the files in the ShapeData folders, and if it uses any of these characters it won't save the files properly.

Can't seem to make it work. I tried just doing a simple very noticeable adjustment, then press save project as, give it a name, enter the file path of the outfit and then write the outfit file name (without _1.nif). When i open the game I see no change. How can I fix this?

Can't seem to make it work. I tried just doing a simple very noticeable adjustment, then press save project as, give it a name, enter the file path of the outfit and then write the outfit file name (without _1.nif). When i open the game I see no change. How can I fix this?

Build the outfit in BodySlide

I tried to convert these piercings to bodyslide, but again I ran into a similar problem I had when trying to work on the DPnTrielek outfit: the piercings get horribly warped as you modify the sliders.

Is there any viable way to do this without crapping the shape of these piercings? I was thinking about loading my already created body meshes (both 0 and 100 weight) as presets and simply move the piercings in place with the move tool, then save and keep these files instead of creating them in BodySlide. I'm not sure if this would work, but I suppose that if the game uses both the min and max weights as references, if both have the same shape for the piercings they should stay the same.

I can't add anything to Outfit Studio, but I could add a function to the bodyslide_tools script that deals with specific shapes like these.

It would require a mask of its own, and since there's no GUI to mask with, you'd have to supply a premade zap slider as mask.

Possibly I could loop through the list to find all connected vertices, but you still need a start point unless the piercing is a separate shape.

It would also require specifying an attachment point, ie. a point that serve as base when converting (conforming) sliders, but

a simple solution for that would be to automatically pick the point closest to the body, or more than one if the shape has several

attachment points (obviously it would pick vertices that are not neighbours).

Then the function would copy the slider data from the attachment point, and use that as source data instead of the body slider data.

Actually, Convert-BSD/Build-BSD already does this for vertices that are too distant from the body to get any slider data in the first pass,

unlike Outfit Studio which effectivly ignores vertices that are out of conform range (those sliders will simply look cut off).

Anyway shouldn't be too hard to set up, if you think it's worth the effort to use console commands.

Edit: It might be a good idea to mix in some average slider data from the original bsd, otherwise it will get the same problem as

conformed breast sliders usually get, but worse.

I can't add anything to Outfit Studio, but I could add a function to the bodyslide_tools script that deals with specific shapes like these.

It would require a mask of its own, and since there's no GUI to mask with, you'd have to supply a premade zap slider as mask.

Possibly I could loop through the list to find all connected vertices, but you still need a start point unless the piercing is a separate shape.

It would also require specifying an attachment point, ie. a point that serve as base when converting (conforming) sliders, but

a simple solution for that would be to automatically pick the point closest to the body, or more than one if the shape has several

attachment points (obviously it would pick vertices that are not neighbours).

Then the function would copy the slider data from the attachment point, and use that as source data instead of the body slider data.

Actually, Convert-BSD/Build-BSD already does this for vertices that are too distant from the body to get any slider data in the first pass,

unlike Outfit Studio which effectivly ignores vertices that are out of conform range (those sliders will simply look cut off).

Anyway shouldn't be too hard to set up, if you think it's worth the effort to use console commands.

Edit: It might be a good idea to mix in some average slider data from the original bsd, otherwise it will get the same problem as

conformed breast sliders usually get, but worse.

Here's a workaround that Vioxsis made for help aligning the nipple piercings in OS automatically:

Basically we had a box, aligned to the nipple area, and we re-ligned it to the possible place where the max value of the 7Base Breast sliders in this case would be, in essential trandsforming that slider to be completely translation due to the high vertex count and smoothness of the box's plane.

test1.png

test2.png

first off, thank you so much for this excellent guide. for the most part perfectly done for dummies like me. 

However this is the problem i have run into

106d34w.jpg

this armor set was installed via NMM and if i were to deactivate it from NMM these armors would disappear from the meshes\armors folder, and the folder would be completely empty (save for the few custom armors i have in there)

There is a huge problem with this when trying to do the weighing stage, as the color variations from weighing do not show up.

do you have a guide somewhere to solve this? I tried to follow part 5 (or whatever part it was) but it cant find any textures. Or in this case anything what that guide shows, since these dont even have textures to begin with!

@itex:

If the textures do not show up and you've searched for them using the browse button, then the textures are not correctly installed, or they are packed inside of the mod's BSA file.

To test which one, if the armor looks fine and loads textures in-game then that means they are packed inside of some .bsa file.

Sounds like this armor pulls off of default skyrim textures.bsa file

Also, for the weighting color variations, you should be able to get the colors to show up even without the textures.

thanks for the speedy reply!

actually i just realized the armors i have are a modified version of another set of modded armor. in short the original armor was not TBBP and this other person changed them to TBBP (i actually got the files off of this website).

however i don't think the answer changes from what you said before, but excuse my dummy-ness when i say... how to i extract the file :l

i right click on it in the skyrim folder and it doesnt give an option to exstract the BSA file. i have the option to tcompress or turn into skyrim textures.rar, and did that but that wasn't it..

Is it possible to create your own conversion reference for the Outfit Studio from the body shape object, which is already included in the armor meshes?

For example, I have this armor mod, which is made for the body shape which is similar to UNP slim or CBBE slim. But I'd like to convert that armor for the ordinary CBBE shape.

So, is there a way to take that body shape from the armor, and create an reference from it, instead of using the CBBE Advanced reference and use the sliders to shape the body to fit the armor?  Because I've already tried that, and it's not possible to get the exact shape.

I attached an .nif file, which has the body shape I'd like to be made to conversion reference,  to be something like  " Convert: BodyShape to CBBE "

So that I don't have to use the CBBE Advanced for each and every time I'm converting armors, which has this body shape.

Body Shape.nif

Is it possible to create your own conversion reference for the Outfit Studio from the body shape object, which is already included in the armor meshes?

For example, I have this armor mod, which is made for the body shape which is similar to UNP slim or CBBE slim. But I'd like to convert that armor for the ordinary CBBE shape.

So, is there a way to take that body shape from the armor, and create an reference from it, instead of using the CBBE Advanced reference and use the sliders to shape the body to fit the armor?  Because I've already tried that, and it's not possible to get the exact shape.

I attached an .nif file, which has the body shape I'd like to be made to conversion reference,  to be something like  " Convert: BodyShape to CBBE "

So that I don't have to use the CBBE Advanced for each and every time I'm converting armors, which has this body shape.

attachicon.gifBody Shape.nif

Yes it's possible but it almost always it usually requires 3-D modelling skill as Outfit Studio can only make a conversion reference from the body shape to CBBE as long as that body Shape has the same vertex order as CBBE.

I'll cover the details of this in a future guide.

I'll take a look at the body and let ya know if it's possible, but bottomline is if the body was not CBBE based (and didn't add or change the vertex ordering) then it will NOT be able to make a conversion reference without some 3-D modelling skill.

Edit: No, that body is not possible, you'll have to recreate it in 3dsMax or Blender to have the same vertex ordering as CBBE. Is that the body from x117 race? I think it's a unp based body.

Hey again,

Sorry to be a bother. But I recently converted the ViVi Nui Nui set (The cow textured thong), and for some reason all the other peices seem to work just fine, but once I put on the armor itself, my game crashes, any clues why that typically would happen?

Sorry if I did not see the whole topic, if there is already a solution.

If anyone needs to Nif(s) to look at, let me know.

Thanks.

post-61292-0-16270500-1391968535_thumb.jpg

Hey again,

Sorry to be a bother. But I recently converted the ViVi Nui Nui set (The cow textured thong), and for some reason all the other peices seem to work just fine, but once I put on the armor itself, my game crashes, any clues why that typically would happen?

Sorry if I did not see the whole topic, if there is already a solution.

Requires more detailed info than that for help :/

Only possible reasons I can think of it crashing is because you added TBBP weights or something and you don't use XPMS or it's derivatives :/

Edit: No, that body is not possible, you'll have to recreate it in 3dsMax or Blender to have the same vertex ordering as CBBE. Is that the body from x117 race? I think it's a unp based body.

I don't think it's from that race, but I re-looked the armor mods readme file and found out that it indeed is an UNP based body.

Thanks anyway for answering. I'll look forward for your upcoming guide.

Requires more detailed info than that for help :/

Only possible reasons I can think of it crashing is because you added TBBP weights or something and you don't use XPMS or it's derivatives :/

OK. I will try.

I am new to modding Skyrim.

But I followed the Tutorial (I have for sometime actually) Maybe made 10 things already and everything works fine. (I do think I do not fully understand how the weighting thing works, and might need more simplified tutorial on how to do so ><, specifically for butt and breasts.

But basically I do follow the tutorial and then when I export, everything looks fine. The nif shows up. and even the other pieces. I also use the XPMS Skeleton.  After doing all the regular work I export it, and I do not get the errors that I typically would get, causing the game to crash.

Here are the nifs, the conversion is certainly far from good, but it beats walking around naked for me.

NiuYi_1.nifNiuYi_0.nif

OK. I will try.

But I followed the Tutorial (I have for sometime actually) Maybe made 10 things already and everything works fine. (I do think I do not fully understand how the weighting thing works, and might need more simplified tutorial on how to do so ><, specifically for butt and breasts.

But basically I do follow the tutorial and then when I export, everything looks fine. The nif shows up. and even the other pieces. I also use the XPMS Skeleton.  After doing all the regular work I export it, and I do not get the errors that I typically would get, causing the game to crash.

Here are the nifs, the conversion is certainly far from good, but it beats walking around naked for me.

attachicon.gifNiuYi_1.nifattachicon.gifNiuYi_0.nif

Nothing wrong with the nifs from a glance over.

Not sure if missing textures will cause a crash but you might want to check that as well.

OK. I will try.

attachicon.gifNiuYi_1.nifattachicon.gifNiuYi_0.nif

Nothing wrong with the nifs from a glance over.

Not sure if missing textures will cause a crash but you might want to check that as well.

Hmm,

Everything looks normal,

I did play around some more with it though, and for some odd reason, it crashes with a body. When I deleted the body and left just the outfit, I had no issue, but of course I am left with just clothing. So not sure if I that helps a little.

Sorry for the lack of information, I am very new to this.

On the other hand, if anyone has already completed the set for CBBE, I would love to use it and slap my slider settings on it.

On a side note, that would be great if us CBBE users make a thread, to expand the use of the tool even more, so once an outfit has been made in Body Slide, we can all just simply use it for our bodies.  I would be happy to support that thread, especially when I get better and if I can finally learn to mod using 3ds max too. I guess like sharing conversions? I found something a while back that added a nice bevy of sets to my game, to the point where most armor and some clothing are now converted to my body :).

Yes it's possible but it almost always it usually requires 3-D modelling skill as Outfit Studio can only make a conversion reference from the body shape to CBBE as long as that body Shape has the same vertex order as CBBE.

It is possible, but you have to use UNP as intermediate. Load your nif as reference. Make new slider, load UNP _1 as as slider shape.

Load outfit. Conform. Save nif. Then convert UNP->CBBE.