[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Below I summed up some issues that were confusing to me when I was a beginner, if the info is correct it could be added to the guide Terminology for beginners:

CHSBHC is the first body with BBP meshes, this mod contains Breast Physics animations.

BBP animations can be installed by installing  CHSBHC first and then overwrite with a BBP capable body (such as CBBE BBP) OR by installing the animations only IF a BBP body has already been installed (to prevent CTD). Other BBP animations exist, see guide.

CBBE classic=CBBE version 3.1,

CBBE=CBBE version3.2

CB++=CBBE version3.2 capable of using extra sliders for bodyslide 1

CBAdvanced= CBBE version3.2 capable of using extra sliders for bodyslide 2.

When modders mention CBBE or bodyslide, they could mean any of the above.

I understand that CBAdvanced meshes are still being worked on to make them fully capable to use all sliders, this would mean that CBAdvanced is not exactly the same as CBBE version3.2 OR maybe the reference body meshes are still being worked on to make them fully capable to use all sliders, which would mean that CBAdvanced is exactly the same as CBBE version3.2 ?

Cool, will add to the terminologies section! (Probably make it a sub-section for Acronyms)

As for the CBAdvanced meshes, they are just the CB++ sliders renamed to CBAdvanced. I dunno if Cell or Caliente plan on developing that body more with some more sliders or anything.

And yes, CBAdvanced is the same body as CBBE 3.2

Is it safe to run bodyslide 2 several times on the same body and armor? I used bodyslide 2 on bodies and CT77 armor and later did it again with different settings. Will the first batch bodies and armor (made by bodyslide 2) be removed?

Where does bodyslide 2 store the batch bodies and armor info?

If CT77 armor was installed with NMM, can NMM still remove all of CT77 armor after Bodyslide 2 was used? I suppose NMM can not remove the armor made by bodyslide 2, so what happens with this?

(NB CT77 armor is used as example in the questions, it is the armor from the mod "Remodeled armor for CBBE Bodyslide 2 etc.")

Yes, you will 'overwrite' your older meshes that you made with bodySlide or installed with normal installation.

There are no 'backups' made so yea, be careful...

Bodyslide 2 stores each armor info inside xml data that you can manually edit or change inside the 'sliderset' folder.

Also, just don't use NMM, it's that simple. I can understand if you already have like 500 mods installed using NMM (I did too) but I HIGHLY suggest you switch to Mod Organizer. It'll be well worth your time.

Using Mod organizer has it's perks as well, when you make outfits in BodySlide with MO, all the outfits go into a seperate directory called 'overwrite' which means the original meshes stay untouched and can remain as a backup.

Thanks Blabba.

"Also, just don't use NMM, it's that simple. I can understand if you already have like 500 mods installed using NMM (I did too) but I HIGHLY suggest you switch to Mod Organizer. It'll be well worth your time.

Using Mod organizer has it's perks as well, when you make outfits in BodySlide with MO, all the outfits go into a seperate directory called 'overwrite' which means the original meshes stay untouched and can remain as a backup."

Well, I just re-installed windows and am halfway through with installing Skyrim. I remembered that MO has disadvantages too, but the truth is I just plain forgot about MO when it was relevant :-) During the fresh installation I spent lots of time finding out what should be installed first and what could/must overwrite and I think MO could have made that a little easier.

b3ast1e im thinking of trying to do the skin tight outfit first, im seeing 3 different body armors in it, witch one would you like me to start with? 

@blabba - Thanks for the new body it looks perfect at that weight, im gona be comeing out with a bunch of armors for it and i will be sure to credit you with giveing me this great body!  also could u pop back into my thread and check out one more file i posted in my thread? <3

Hey man, sorry for not responding sooner, I couldn't for the life of me remember what topic I began this convo in and couldn't find it in my profile either. 

To be honest if you can find a straight up easy way to just get any of the meshes aligned with a cbbe reference body correctly, that would be a major victory. I'll happily spend hours doing the grunt work if I could just get that bit right. 

I don't mean to be a downer here, but am I the only one who has a terrible time using Bodyslide? I honestly can't get anything to look right. I can and have spent hours trying to get an outfit to conform to a body that it does not want to conform to, and if I do manage to eliminate clipping, the outfit always ends up making you look like you're bumpy, especially when we're talking about skin-tight outfits that are meant to conform exactly to the body. The brush tools, for me, are just too cumbersome to work with, especially in the way that they operate. You can't even just inflate or deflate a specific spot, you have to paint an area and when you're trying to be exact, it just can't be done. x_x

Hey Blabba,

first thank you very much for the guides. These are reaaally helpful for working with Bodyslide, exspecially for not native english speaking people like me, or for short, idiots like me. :P

I was able to convert my first outfit, but there are two problems. The first one i can only explain...so let´s try.

Somehow in my bodyslide the Presets aren´t visible, so i can not choose them. That´s strange and happens also, if i install an outfit made by another person like this one here for example:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49350/?

In Bodyslide under Section "Outfit/Body" i can select the outfit, and the field "Preset" is empty. I use a TBBP Preset created with CalienteBodyAdvanced TBBP first.
I name my Preset while saving it once under the name "RMATBBPPreset1"

Usually, the preset should be available, if i select an outfit. So i checked the folder, where the preset is saved, an the folder is empty?!? I mean, wtf? I am able the select my preset for outfits like Chronotriggers Remodeld Armor Mod on Nexus, but it is not available for single TBBP Armors like this one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49350/? and my own.

Only if i choose under "Outfit/Body" the Outfit (the preset section now is empty) and then use the "Batch Build" button, there i can choose these outfits. That´s anoying because you have to uncheck doozens of outfits and your are not able the tweak the outfit by using the sliders.

I have no idea, why this is so.... :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second problem...
After creating an outfit using the guide by you, (it only could be generated in Bodyslide the way i describe above) i got this problem (see screenshot).

The outfit was this one here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14385/?

The nif - file shows the normal prisoner clothes in Outfit Studio. The textures come from another folder.

Screenshot:

kind regards

Mart

blabba, could you work your magic with the outfit studio and make me another 60% weight body nif?  i still cant seem to do it myself D: 

Remind me at some point I gotta finish that tutorial xD

But for now here ya go:

looks great!  only last problem seems that when i set the body to 100% ingame the game crashes D:

Hi blabba,

got some issues with the Piercings Reference. OS is always crashing when i try to save a project (or export a .nif). So, the .nif file in the Shapefolder is missing.

I narrowed it somewhat down: problem seems to have something to do with deleting / copying the bones - if i leave them alone, no crash occures.

I'm quiet sure, the mistake is on my end of the line. Any advise?

Once again, thank you so much for your great work - would be lost without it :)

TIA,

sinnerman

p.s.: trying to convert a piercing von SED7; same as in your tutorial

@Mart

Problem 1: You'll need to take a look at the slidergroup.xml's and arrange them correctly as per Guide 9 or follow Guide 2 to manually edit the sliderset.xml

Problem 2: Can't see to well with the picture (increase brightness a bit if you can next time :) ) but it looks like a texture issue (check to see if the paths are correct in .nif) or double check and make sure your outfit's .nif has a body in it.

Hi blabba,

got some issues with the Piercings Reference. OS is always crashing when i try to save a project (or export a .nif). So, the .nif file in the Shapefolder is missing.

I narrowed it somewhat down: problem seems to have something to do with deleting / copying the bones - if i leave them alone, no crash occures.

I'm quiet sure, the mistake is on my end of the line. Any advise?

Once again, thank you so much for your great work - would be lost without it :)

TIA,

sinnerman

Hmm, the piercing references do cause crashes, but even when it crashes the shapedata folder and sliderset xmls should be made correctly still (as witnessed at the end of my video). This crash is more or less due to the high poly box, apparently OS doesn't like it :P

The only reason I can think of that the nif doesn't get made correctly is if you do not properly clean the piercings. Make sure you delete all the unnecessary bones and that you do not violate the 4 weights per vertex rule (Not more than 4 bones have weightings in the same area).

Gah, in my infinite wisdom I wish I had saved and at least uploaded the 1 SED7Piercing bodyslide that I did successfully make using this technique. But Alas I re-installed skyrim and migrated to MO so the file is now lost :(

@Mart

Problem 1: You'll need to take a look at the slidergroup.xml's and arrange them correctly as per Guide 9 or follow Guide 2 to manually edit the sliderset.xml

Problem 2: Can't see to well with the picture (increase brightness a bit if you can next time :) ) but it looks like a texture issue (check to see if the paths are correct in .nif) or double check and make sure your outfit's .nif has a body in it.

Hi Blabba,

thanks for reply. I will try Point 1, but one thing sure is strange. If i create a body with bodyslide, for example an TBBP Body....i choose CalienteAdvanceTBBP, create a body, save the Preset, create the body....now i have my own bodyslide made body. Nice to have...

Then i install an armor with bodyslide option for an TBBP Body. Mod installed, time to fit the armor on my bodyslide preset. Open bodyslide, choose "randomTBBPArmor" but under the Field Preset my own bodyslide made body isn´t available.

I have an Idea, why, but have to reinstall the whole stuff....

I let you know, if this was the problem.

For point 2)

Yep, pathes seems to be correct, and i open the file againt to check, if it contains a body. It contains a body shape.

But one thing might be important. The *_1.nif file under:

../meshes/clothes/prisoner/prisonerclothes_f_1.nif

shows the vanilla clothes in Outfit Studio. The textures for that mod came from the textures folder, name´s:

...\textures\clothes\prisoner\f\clothes.dds

Is that a problem or did i just screw something up while saving this whole crap? ;)

Hi Blabba,

thanks for reply. I will try Point 1, but one thing sure is strange. If i create a body with bodyslide, for example an TBBP Body....i choose CalienteAdvanceTBBP, create a body, save the Preset, create the body....now i have my own bodyslide made body. Nice to have...

Then i install an armor with bodyslide option for an TBBP Body. Mod installed, time to fit the armor on my bodyslide preset. Open bodyslide, choose "randomTBBPArmor" but under the Field Preset my own bodyslide made body isn´t available.

For point 2)

Yep, pathes seems to be correct, and i open the file againt to check, if it contains a body. It contains a body shape.

shows the vanilla clothes in Outfit Studio. The textures for that mod came from the textures folder, name´s:

Is that a problem or did i just screw something up while saving this whole crap? ;)

For your point 1, the reason why your new preset you made in BodySlide will not show up for any armors, is because you haven't added the 'master' category to it.

Basically just copy+paste the code in Guide 9 into your preset's xml manually,if the author of the armor did the work correctly then your presets should show up on the armour, if the author was lazy or just didn't know about the problem, I highly recommend you to link him to my Guide 9 so that he is aware of the issue and can fix ;)

Point 2:

Hmm, if the textures show up correctly in Outfit Studio on loading the nif then it shouldn't be a texture issue.

Can't really say what the problem is in this case then, sorry :(

Hi, first of all thanks for your great work on the tutorials, it's very helpful but I still have a few questions :)

First one might be very dumb from a technical standpoint but I'll still ask : is there a way to make Bodyslide use custom normal maps to make the preview window rendering look closer to what your character looks like ingame ?

Also, I converted a 7b outfit which has BBP enabled and I'd like to know how if there is a way to disable it, because it seems to completely destroy my conversion, there is massive clipping even though it looks fine in bodyslide :(

Hi, first of all thanks for your great work on the tutorials, it's very helpful but I still have a few questions :)

First one might be very dumb from a technical standpoint but I'll still ask : is there a way to make Bodyslide use custom normal maps to make the preview window rendering look closer to what your character looks like ingame ?

Also, I converted a 7b outfit which has BBP enabled and I'd like to know how if there is a way to disable it, because it seems to completely destroy my conversion, there is massive clipping even though it looks fine in bodyslide :(

1. Nope, Outfit Studio doesn't currently support rendering of the normal maps in preview mode, you can try asking for it to be a feature. Though I imagine that would be some complicated stuff to get working.

2. BBP bones are usually just the Breast bones, go into the Bones tab, select the L Breast and R Breast bones (right click) and select delete. Profit from your conversions :)

3. I just felt that I needed a third bullet point for the heck of it :cool:

1. Nope, Outfit Studio doesn't currently support rendering of the normal maps in preview mode, you can try asking for it to be a feature. Though I imagine that would be some complicated stuff to get working.

2. BBP bones are usually just the Breast bones, go into the Bones tab, select the L Breast and R Breast bones (right click) and select delete. Profit from your conversions :)

3. I just felt that I needed a third bullet point for the heck of it :cool:

Thanks a lot for the help :) I deleted L/R Breast and L/R Breast01 and that did the trick, I forgot that BBP was controlled by the bones section lol

As for the normal map stuff I guess they have much more pressing stuff to include than this so I'm not gonna bother them with that but it'd be nice to have, I suppose :D

Hi Blabba,

For point 2)

For your point 1, the reason why your new preset you made in BodySlide will not show up for any armors, is because you haven't added the 'master' category to it.

Basically just copy+paste the code in Guide 9 into your preset's xml manually,if the author of the armor did the work correctly then your presets should show up on the armour, if the author was lazy or just didn't know about the problem, I highly recommend you to link him to my Guide 9 so that he is aware of the issue and can fix ;)

Point 2:

Hmm, if the textures show up correctly in Outfit Studio on loading the nif then it shouldn't be a texture issue.

Can't really say what the problem is in this case then, sorry :(

Hey there, Blabba.

Ok, i checked it, for example in my case with the mod:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49350/?

The mod author made an xml file which lays in die Folder SliderSets. No entry in the folders SliderGroups. I guess, that why it isn´t visible or better, available.

*Edit*

GOT IT!! Thanks to your guide Number 9! Now these Latex Outfit Parts are visible/available.

But a little hint by me...

In your guide (the screenshot) the line <Group name="CB++"> doesn´t exist anymore under Bodyslide 2.

It is named <Group name="CBAdvanced">

For my problem number 2....i guess i will try another outfit, before i crash my computer :D

Hit an another problem with converting non-chest piece objects like boots, gloves and accessories, and so on.

Some of the object shapes aren't always there where they should be, when opening the .nifs. Check the photos.

I'm sure everyone have had this same problem, and mostly we would fix it by hand, but is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Or is there an quicker way to move the objects to their rightful spots, rather than doing it by hand with "Move Vertices" option?

Example photos of misplaced objects:

2gt3.png

6025.png

Hit an another problem with converting non-chest piece objects like boots, gloves and accessories, and so on.

Some of the object shapes aren't always there where they should be, when opening the .nifs. Check the photos.

I'm sure everyone have had this same problem, and mostly we would fix it by hand, but is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Or is there an quicker way to move the objects to their rightful spots, rather than doing it by hand with "Move Vertices" option?

If doing gloves/boots try loading the feet mesh and/or the hands mesh as your reference mesh. That may or may not help with the alignment issues.

I cannot say that I have too much experience in Outfit Studio with loading up non-body armor meshes. Though I'll look into creating an integrated mesh that contains the hand/feet (maybe even the head if needed?) to load into BodySlide

But also, may I ask why everyone wants to do glove/boots anyway?

To my understanding their aren't any sliders for hands/legs?

So your bodyslideable outfits should just match up your gloves and boots (I think)

If Outfit Studio does not show what the offset is, you may find it with Nifscope. Even better, you can use Nifscope

to export an obj, after applying the transform (rightclick shape - transform - apply). However Outfit studio expect

nif sizes for obj files, which is 10x smaller than what Nifscope exports. So you have two options: scale the obj to 0.1

in outfit studio or wherever, or use Bodyslide_tools.r (either to make a bsd, or to scale the obj). Then use the bsd

to move the boots in place, or the obj as is, which should now line up with the default body (not the tbbp one).

But also, may I ask why everyone wants to do glove/boots anyway?

To my understanding their aren't any sliders for hands/legs?

So your bodyslideable outfits should just match up your gloves and boots (I think)

You have clipping/disforming with the leg sliders on boots, and arm/torso sliders on long gauntlets. Support is required,

except for handgloves, and shoes (if ignoring Ankles slider).

This seemed like the closest to right place to ask this question. I just switched to Mod Organizer and have BS2.0 installed and working but when I try to save my preset I get a message that says "There are no more files" as it tries to save with the other presets in the Bodyslide folder. Any ideas? I can create the body and it works in game, I just cant save the preset.

Meh, I'm not too good with MO,

I just tried this and noticed that this is indeed a huge flaw with MO...

You might want to report to Archdemon here on LL or Tannin(creator of MO) on skyrim nexus and see if they have a workaround for this.

If they do, it'd be cool if you could share it here :)

Personally, I just create my own presets manually using a text editor, because I like my text editor's interface over the bodyslide interface xD

Hey! Very much appreciate the guide..a huge help for noobies like me haha..

But i recently came to a problem..

I am trying to convert this armor into CBBE TBBP (it already is cbbe..so mainly just adding the tbbp bones xD)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17876/?

And i upload my reference female body shape from my meshes folder..the one that ends with that ends with "_1.nif".

Then I upload the _1.nif mesh of the main armor piece, andfirst fix the clipping with the brush, and delete the body that came with it. Then i duplicate the reference shape, and go to bones, and cope the L brest/butt bones and same to the Right. But when i hit this step..it starts the process, and then stops and closes everything down.

Any help? Im sure im doing a stupid mistake somewhere haha..

Thanks!