[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hmm...

Prolly best if you add the bones to the outfit before deleting the included body shape. And import your body AFTER you have added the bones. For reason why continue reading:

What is most likely happening is that you have the duplicated shape in the mesh tab highlighted (your reference body which already has the TBBP bones) and your telling the program to copy the TBBP bones onto that mesh, which it already has and can cause crashes...

Instead you need to select the pieces of the mesh that do not have the bone weights and then select the bone weights you want to copy over.

Or this mesh could be one of the incompatible meshes because it doesn't use the BSdismemberment nodes in nifskope (If you post the outfit mesh as an attachment I'll let you know if this is true or not)

Hahaha makes sense. Thanks for the help! You're guides have been so helpful in my millions of troubles haha.

Ill give that a try :)

EDIT: Uploaded the meshes folder

Thanks!

And did what you just told me and no chrashes! This is how it looks like after I deleted the included bodies, and dup-ed my reference body.

http://gyazo.com/f7779dd3c64f0a7d4ff9c0c4f465678e

Not sure if thats how it supposed to look like..but hope it works!

Meshes.rar

Hahaha makes sense. Thanks for the help! You're guides have been so helpful in my millions of troubles haha.

Ill give that a try :)

EDIT: Uploaded the meshes folder

Thanks!

And did what you just told me and no chrashes! This is how it looks like after I deleted the included bodies, and dup-ed my reference body.

http://gyazo.com/f7779dd3c64f0a7d4ff9c0c4f465678e

Not sure if thats how it supposed to look like..but hope it works!

Yea...

Your not gonna be able to use BodySlide to copy over the weights on that mesh. It seems that the mesh uses NISkinInstances instead of BSDismemberment nodes (except for the arm mesh) try using gerra6's mesh rigger instead to add the weights!

I just tried this and noticed that this is indeed a huge flaw with MO...

You might want to report to Archdemon here on LL or Tannin(creator of MO) on skyrim nexus and see if they have a workaround for this.

If they do, it'd be cool if you could share it here :)

Personally, I just create my own presets manually using a text editor, because I like my text editor's interface over the bodyslide interface xD

:rolleyes:  That's one way to do it.

It's quite possible the problem is that you installed Bodyslide using SMO. Don't do that.

Bodyslide is an external mod, and should not be installed as a mod for Skyrim. Ever.

However, to get meshes to install properly within the SMO folder structure, configure

Bodyslide.exe as one of the executables, and start it through SMO. As a bonus, you

get too see any SMO-installed texture.

blabba,

OK. You have officially contributed to my obsession with messin with Skyrim. :)

I used the HDT Bodyslide stuff and had HDT Body set as output. Started from a CBBE preset. SAVED my preset once I had it figured out. Here is the body I came up with.

Attached images NSFW. Couldn't figure out how to put them in a spoiler. Sorry.

So if I had HDT set as the output, is this an HDT body? It seems to be using CBBE textures seamlessly. I have no idea what I'm doing. Kinda scary. I'm 62. Not a lot more time left for learnin' :)

I'll have to make an outfit to fit her as I don't think anything "off the shelf" will fit. :)

post-347789-0-85206500-1393725948_thumb.jpg

post-347789-0-78077900-1393725951_thumb.jpg

post-347789-0-62685600-1393725954_thumb.jpg

So if I had HDT set as the output, is this an HDT body? It seems to be using CBBE textures seamlessly. I have no idea what I'm doing. Kinda scary. I'm 62. Not a lot more time left for learnin' :)

Yeap, technically HDT Body IS a CBBE body, it's bone weights are just optimized for HDT physics specifically.

That, and the fact that it has some additional sliders ;)

Hope that helps out!

I've been trying to go though guide 1, but i run into a problem every single time.

I load the outfit and load a body and form the body to the outfit perfectly. Great so now i make a conversion reference, everything is still good, checked the pencil thing, everything is fine, then...

I do the Load reference step, and every single time it defaults the body i just spent 20 minutes conforming, back to the un-altered TBBP advanced body and then links it to outfit so if i use the sliders the body and outfit move. So now the body doesn't fit, but the outfit and body are linked.

I have no idea why this is happening, in following the guide "to a T"

i'm trying to replace the bodies on a few ttbp armors/clothes that i believe are trying to work off the vanilla skeleton or something (torpedo boobs)

I've been trying to go though guide 1, but i run into a problem every single time.

I load the outfit and load a body and form the body to the outfit perfectly. Great so now i make a conversion reference, everything is still good, checked the pencil thing, everything is fine, then...

I do the Load reference step, and every single time it defaults the body i just spent 20 minutes conforming, back to the un-altered TBBP advanced body and then links it to outfit so if i use the sliders the body and outfit move. So now the body doesn't fit, but the outfit and body are linked.

I have no idea why this is happening, in following the guide "to a T"

i'm trying to replace the bodies on a few ttbp armors/clothes that i believe are trying to work off the vanilla skeleton or something (torpedo boobs)

It sounds to me like you are skipping steps 9 -12 from your description, please read them carefully as failure to follow those steps will result in the mistake you are describing.

If you are following those steps correctly then I would like to confirm whether or not your 'Set Base Shape' function works correctly. Please post a gif/video showing the before and after result of Step 12. The more detailed the gif or explicit the video, the better I can help.

I've only heard from 1 person that the 'set baseshape feature' doesn't work for and that's stuffed_bunny, so I generally accept he knows what he's doing. If however, more people do step forward with a similar error then this will be a major bug to be addressed for the BodySlide team.

It seems bodyslide corrupts a nif conversion for an outfit. I can't see the model in nifskope and while it works in the game it has black polygons so I assume twisted normals. Anyone know if that is an issue with the original mesh, the conversion or the bodyslide nif export?

Just wondering how to fix it.

It seems bodyslide corrupts a nif conversion for an outfit. I can't see the model in nifskope and while it works in the game it has black polygons so I assume twisted normals. Anyone know if that is an issue with the original mesh, the conversion or the bodyslide nif export?

Probably should add this to the FAQ section but here's an answer from users on nexus:

Hi everyone

I experienced this issue as well and managed to resolve it on most armors by doing the following:

1. Open the file in NifSkope and select the mesh that has the problem

2. R-click on the mesh and select "Mesh" -> "Face Normals"

3. Save your mesh

I noticed when loading an outfit into Outfit Studio that "Smooth seam normals" under the shape menu was ticked. Un-ticking this immediately after loading the outfit seemed to prevent it from getting messed up on the export - I'm not sure what is does but that worked for me

I've also noticed Bethesda's meshes don't usually have "SLSF2_Double_Sided" ticked under "shader flags 2", I think they usually added an additional inside layer. If the steps above didnt fix the issue then try remove the double sided property as I suspect it is the normals for the inside layer that are get messed up and showing outside the outer layer.

Just my experience with it, hope it helps

I have made my own tweaked 7B body and I want to convert some unpb armors to it. What's the easiest way to convert them to that shape?

That's a bit on the vague side of a description.

It all depends on your body's vertex order and such...

stuffed_bunny has made some awesome new conversion references for the 7base Bombshell body in the HDT Body v.1.4

Dunno if that'll fit your 'custom 7B' body though :s

edit: Chances are you might need to make your own custom 'reference slider' using 3DSMax or Blender, or just port the armors the 'old way' using 3DSMax and Blender. Not really sure though :/

Probably should add this to the FAQ section but here's an answer from users on nexus:

Hi everyone

I experienced this issue as well and managed to resolve it on most armors by doing the following:

1. Open the file in NifSkope and select the mesh that has the problem

2. R-click on the mesh and select "Mesh" -> "Face Normals"

3. Save your mesh

I noticed when loading an outfit into Outfit Studio that "Smooth seam normals" under the shape menu was ticked. Un-ticking this immediately after loading the outfit seemed to prevent it from getting messed up on the export - I'm not sure what is does but that worked for me

I've also noticed Bethesda's meshes don't usually have "SLSF2_Double_Sided" ticked under "shader flags 2", I think they usually added an additional inside layer. If the steps above didnt fix the issue then try remove the double sided property as I suspect it is the normals for the inside layer that are get messed up and showing outside the outer layer.

Just my experience with it, hope it helps

Thanks, problem is the mesh works in game (except the black polygons) but it won't show in NifSkope at all. My guess was flipped normals but something funky is going on with them after I loaded them in Outfit Studio. The originals show just fine in Nifskope...

Hey, I was checking the tutorials and the FAQ for an issue I just got, but I'm a bit in a hurry so I didn't have time to check all the pages, I apologize in advance.

So, I've been tinkering a bit with an outfit I honestly don't even remember where I found, trying to make some sort of accessory dress to go in slot 44 (the one for the equipable pubic hair). My idea was to add an outfit to go with the Lady of Death armor, kinda like a long dress to optionally cover her privates a bit. I managed to get the outfit converted properly and make it look decent around the Lady of Death armor pieces, so I wanted to test it before perfecting the model.

When I try it in BodySlide or NifSkope, it looks fine, but when I use it in the game, the long straps that make the "skirt" are like broken, or invisible, or something like that. It looks kinda ugly and I'm not too sure of why would it do that. At first I though it happened like with the TERA outfits with those black spots, but here it's simply not even showing.

So, any idea of how to fix it? Here are the files:

newdress.zip

Including the BodySlide presets.

Hey, I was checking the tutorials and the FAQ for an issue I just got, but I'm a bit in a hurry so I didn't have time to check all the pages, I apologize in advance.

So, I've been tinkering a bit with an outfit I honestly don't even remember where I found, trying to make some sort of accessory dress to go in slot 44 (the one for the equipable pubic hair). My idea was to add an outfit to go with the Lady of Death armor, kinda like a long dress to optionally cover her privates a bit. I managed to get the outfit converted properly and make it look decent around the Lady of Death armor pieces, so I wanted to test it before perfecting the model.

When I try it in BodySlide or NifSkope, it looks fine, but when I use it in the game, the long straps that make the "skirt" are like broken, or invisible, or something like that. It looks kinda ugly and I'm not too sure of why would it do that. At first I though it happened like with the TERA outfits with those black spots, but here it's simply not even showing.

attachicon.gifnewdress.zip

Sounds like the normals issue.

Try the post above's description to get rid of this problem in nifskope.

Hopefully that'll fix it for you in-game.

I am trying to convert a UNPB armor to TBBP. The problem I've got is invisible body in game.

Anyone could help me?

That's pretty vague <.<

It could be a texture issue, or it could be you simply forgot to import the body mesh into the armor...

Make sure you follow Guide 3 step-by-step.

If still having issues, post gifs/images/videos to better explain your problem

attachicon.gifnewdress.zip

Sounds like the normals issue.

Try the post above's description to get rid of this problem in nifskope.

Hopefully that'll fix it for you in-game.

Sorry for not paying attention to that post, dumb me. In any case, none of those solutions worked for me, so I suppose I can't do anything about it unless I try to export the mesh to a proper 3D program and see what's wrong.

By any chance, I suppose nobody would do that for me? I've tried installing Blender and setting it to open .nif files but either my computer doesn't like the program or I'm not as skiller with computers as I like to think, lol.

If the issue is the same than with the TERA outfits, then the problem had to do with messed UV maps.

O.o

yes I remember vioxsis posting about that earlier.

Hmm my only guess is that having the 'smooth seam normals' option checked in Outfit studio is what may be messing up your uv map. not sure though. I can load your nif into max, I just dunno how I could fix it, I'm a noob at max still xD

O.o

yes I remember vioxsis posting about that earlier.

Hmm my only guess is that having the 'smooth seam normals' option checked in Outfit studio is what may be messing up your uv map. not sure though. I can load your nif into max, I just dunno how I could fix it, I'm a noob at max still xD

I tried that at well, but nope, nothing I do in OS works.

I guess I'll have to try again and fail with this Blender crap. Or just fuck it and keep my character naked. That was the original idea anyways, lol.

[EDIT] I just noticed I had actually installed Blender and all the things needed to make this work, but I still don't know what am I supposed to to to open the nif in there. Any ideas?

I've managed to import it but I have no motherflipping idea of how to do anything at all. Sigh. I've been trying to make some underdress for this outfit for a week now, and every fucking time I've done a conversion, either this happens, or the poly count is too low and the skeleton parts clip too much, or something else happens. -_-

I am trying to convert a UNPB armor to TBBP. The problem I've got is invisible body in game.

Anyone could help me?

That's pretty vague <.<

It could be a texture issue, or it could be you simply forgot to import the body mesh into the armor...

I am really sorry about my question without any details, but thank you for response.

Ok, I made what the Guide 3 said, and this is what I've got in-game.

Really awkward :( What did I do wrong?

post-246014-0-53887100-1393864892_thumb.jpg

Guest xthejester

Anyone could help me?

That's pretty vague <.<

I am really sorry about my question without any details, but thank you for response.

Ok, I made what the Guide 3 said, and this is what I've got in-game.

Really awkward :( What did I do wrong?

That's like something out of a peyote-fueled nightmare.