[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Maybe you are right. The whole pack seems to be based on having the legs in that position, with the feet together, even the shoes. It should be noted that it requires hdt but I think you can see that. Maybe he's using another skeleton? In ANK castle pack some armors have very strange walking animations(legs moving through each other) because of that.

If I import the stockings mesh to a body in nfiskope they are properly aligned, but I can't take any advantage of that since they won't stay like that in OS.

Maybe you are right. The whole pack seems to be based on having the legs in that position, with the feet together, even the shoes. It should be noted that it requires hdt but I think you can see that. Maybe he's using another skeleton? In ANK castle pack some armors have very strange walking animations(legs moving through each other) because of that. If I import the stockings mesh to a body in nfiskope they are properly aligned, but I can't take any advantage of that since they won't stay like that in OS.

HDT is most likely the culprit here.

I honestly have no idea how HDT High Heels work, but I know that it does mess up things in the nif with Outfit Studio (well at least most of them)

Try pming Cell/make an issue of it on the google page (linked in the OP) to see if they are willing to make a patch for it at some point.

Otherwise your stuck doing it the old way of Blender/3DSMax

I'm trying to convert a pair of stockings from this pack http://saikik24.tistory.com/2293 but their position is wrong compared to the body when you open it in OS or Nifskope. This is what it looks like:

lq7r.jpg

This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't overwrite the original mesh but if I save it like this the stockings will have that position in the game as well. What can I do about it?

Chances are those stockings just aren't compatible with Outfit Studio.

With some Blender/3DSMax you should be able to re-align them fairly easily (I think).

Although the fact that those stockings aren't lined up in nifskope has me scratching my head as well.

Their are few ideas I have, but unfortunately all of them require some Blender/3DSMax trickery for now and time which I really don't have much of right now sad.png

Edit: If the original stockings mesh replaced the feet mesh (or had feet mesh imported) then you can try loading up your feet mesh as the reference body and then try the stockings to see if that works.

How about this? biggrin.png

stockingbody.7z

Hehehe, nice!

Just a quick tip:

If the original stocking never had the Base Shape imported into it (or their was no body mesh with the original stocking nif) then it's best that you keep it that way:

i.e.: Uncheck the 'Automatically Import reference shape' option at the save as screen, it'll save a lot of space, get rid of some potential bugs all while maintaining the slider transforms.

The body from daedrasp doesn't help me unfortunately. It's a CBBE body so I use the CBBE to 7B preset in OS and get the same result as before(legs not aligned). I mark the stockings and click "conform to sliders" then I pull the slider for natural up to 100%. That is the only way I can automatically change the shape of the stockings. When saving I disable 'Automatically Import reference shape' but then the stockings will have the default shape as if I didn't do anything with them. They will be 7b only if I include the reference. I must be doing something wrong here but I understand if it's too much work for you to look into.

The body from daedrasp doesn't help me unfortunately. It's a CBBE body so I use the CBBE to 7B preset in OS and get the same result as before(legs not aligned). I mark the stockings and click "conform to sliders" then I pull the slider for natural up to 100%. That is the only way I can automatically change the shape of the stockings. When saving I disable 'Automatically Import reference shape' but then the stockings will have the default shape as if I didn't do anything with them. They will be 7b only if I include the reference. I must be doing something wrong here but I understand if it's too much work for you to look into.

You use the Save As feature ONLY if you want to make a BODYSLIDE conversion ;)

You use the 'export to .nif' function if your doing the 'normal' conversions.

Also, make sure you 'save' the changes you make to the mesh

Follow Guide 3 for assistance.

Blabba, I though that there might be a way to edit the sliders of an already made BodySlide outfit, or at least, to avoid having to do the whole conversion again if you fucked up one of them. The slider info is stored in the .bsd files in the shapeData folders, isn't it? So, I was thinking that you might be able to do some sort of workaround:

Basically, you load the mesh from the ShapeData folder with whatever reference you had used, as if you were going to do the whole conversion again. Comform to sliders, do whatever fix you need to do to the sliders you did wrong the first time and save the outfit with a different name ("newOutfit" for example, as you're not going to keep the files anyways). Then, simply pick the .bsd files of the sliders you edited and copy them in the first conversion's folder, overwritting the old ones. Since the SliderSets .xml file has those listed already, BodySlide should be able to read them without problems.

Another use would be to add new sliders to the outfit if necessary. I did this to the latest conversions I did, to add zap sliders after doing the remodelling work. I loaded the outfit again, created the zap sliders and saved with a different name, then copied the zap slider .bsd files to the outfit's intended folder, and added the new entries in the .xml file. As far as I can tell, it seems to work.

Blabba, I though that there might be a way to edit the sliders of an already made BodySlide outfit, or at least, to avoid having to do the whole conversion again if you fucked up one of them. The slider info is stored in the .bsd files in the shapeData folders, isn't it? So, I was thinking that you might be able to do some sort of workaround:

Basically, you load the mesh from the ShapeData folder with whatever reference you had used, as if you were going to do the whole conversion again. Comform to sliders, do whatever fix you need to do to the sliders you did wrong the first time and save the outfit with a different name ("newOutfit" for example, as you're not going to keep the files anyways). Then, simply pick the .bsd files of the sliders you edited and copy them in the first conversion's folder, overwritting the old ones. Since the SliderSets .xml file has those listed already, BodySlide should be able to read them without problems.

Another use would be to add new sliders to the outfit if necessary. I did this to the latest conversions I did, to add zap sliders after doing the remodelling work. I loaded the outfit again, created the zap sliders and saved with a different name, then copied the zap slider .bsd files to the outfit's intended folder, and added the new entries in the .xml file. As far as I can tell, it seems to work.

O.o, that would basically get around this while not being able to load up existing conversions issue.

Here's some food for thought though, if it's just like 2-4 sliders that need fixing, I just load outfit select the .nif in the shapedata folder, create new slider, import slider data from .bsd, select the slider data from shapedata folder. Make adjustments, Slider -> export .bsd and overwrite the existing slider.

Though my way is only good for like maybe max 5 sliders after that making new sliders gets tedious in Outfit Studio....

I'll try adding/updating OP both your way and my way up as workaround guides, but I've just been busy lately...

Okay I'm getting used to this tool ( thanks to you for these very usefull tutorials ) but I have problem with specific parts of the armours/cloths. 

After many hours of tweaking I have finally managed to get stockings aligned to my body skin but now . . . this strange thing has happened.

rBZqyd7.jpg

OzMolAP.jpg

It has happened before already with previous stockings that I've tried to convert. It looks like it is attached to the other leg and moves together with it.

I have copied weight bones only for _1 mesh becouse I didn't made _0 version yet. Also my character is set at 100% weight.

What I did wrong? 

• CBBE > 7base conversion template
  • importing _1. nif outfit
  • conform to all
  • removing clippings on 7b side
  • setting 7b version of stockings as a default shape
  • then I have loaded a new conversion referency (7b bombshell 100% > 0% )
  • fitting stockings again to 7b Bombshell body ( small tweaks )
  • copying weight bones for 100% version only
  • exporting .nif
  • and this weird thing happenned.

Its probably fault of the weight bones right? Is there any way to reset them or something . . .

I'm really glad for any tips on how to fix it.

@Dagren

Wow, I honestly have no idea what's causing that problem?

My guess is that it's not bone weight related but when using the 'move vertices' tool, you may not have made the brush large enough or you may not have turned off connected vertices mode, which cause parts of the mesh to distort.

You should be able to 'patch' it up if you open up the edited .nif file in Outfit Studio again.

Although if the mesh looks fine in OS again, then yea your probably right about the weights, double check that their aren't more than 4 weighters per vertex and that you should 'clean' your weights.

I'm getting those weird black spots on the texture after converting a couple outfits... Any clue on how to fix them, or to prevent them when using OS? I tried using the "Face textures" option in NifSkope as someone recommended in other thread, but nothing changed.

[EDIT] Also, I though of a somewhat lenghty workaround for the issue with the meshes appearing out of place (like gloves appearing under the feet of the reference), in case there's a mesh that you REALLY need done.

Basically, you gotta load the mesh in NifSkope and copy it to a different .nif that does show properly (of course this only applies to meshes that show properly in NifSkope). When you open that file in OS, it should be in the proper place, and all you gotta do now is to erase the extra mesh there.

Unfortunately to do this properly you have to copy any missing bone weight into the target .nif file, for example it must have all the finger bone weights for a glove (which are 30) or it won't allow the mesh to be copied, so it would be easier to do if you use similar meshes for this.

I'm thinking about making an auxiliar reference body mesh with the hands, head and feet already attached and use it for this in the meantime, as it will help me greatly with my daedric armor conversion.

Ooookay, I yield.  :wacko:

So I tried following Guide 10 to the letter several times, but I just cannot seem to get it to work.

To summarize;

I copied what was done in the guide down to the letter, even got the crash! Now, I will just assume I need to actually build
the outfit but pressing the build button didn't actually do anything.

After I poked around a little in the other shapedata folders I found they all had a .nif file included of what I assume is the "original outfit", so I went ahead and copied over the .nif file of the piercing and renamed it accordingly. Having done so, the build button worked. (Chances are at this point somewhere I broke something!) 

So I checked in-game to see if it had worked and I was greeted by the following issue

KhBbALS.jpg

:huh: Okay, maybe I did something wrong, lets try again. Did it all again, down to the letter with the original files I had in backup. Same result.

So I tried again a few times, no dice. At that point I figured I had to be doing something wrong and here I am.

What do.

So I tried following Guide 10 to the letter several times, but I just cannot seem to get it to work.

To summarize;

I copied what was done in the guide down to the letter, even got the crash! Now, I will just assume I need to actually build

After I poked around a little in the other shapedata folders I found they all had a .nif file included of what I assume is the "original outfit", so I went ahead and copied over the .nif file of the piercing and renamed it accordingly. Having done so, the build button worked. (Chances are at this point somewhere I broke something!) 

So I checked in-game to see if it had worked and I was greeted by the following issue

KhBbALS.jpg

:huh: Okay, maybe I did something wrong, lets try again. Did it all again, down to the letter with the original files I had in backup. Same result.

So I tried again a few times, no dice. At that point I figured I had to be doing something wrong and here I am.

What do.

O.o

Either your alignment or bone weights are off?

If you are using the HDT Body and build it, then you shouldn't be seeing an issue with either.

However if your using normal CBBE or anything other than HDT body it may be a slight alignment issue for which you'll have to adjust for.

To double check, you can do a quick 'test' run by aligning the piercing as per guide 10, and then instead of clicking 'save as' your slide 1 slider over to 100% and Slider -> Set BaseShape and export .nif to some temporary folder.

Then load up your reference body, and load up that exported .nif as the outfit and see that alignment and bone weights are roughly the same.

If so then the problem lies elsewhere...

Also, it shouldn't crash during building in BodySlide, it will only crash sometimes in Outfit Studio

(There also may be a slight chance that I messed up one of the slider's alignment, if that is so let me know, but again I only offer official alignment support for HDT body)

To summarize;

KhBbALS.jpg

What do.

O.o

Either your alignment or bone weights are off?

If you are using the HDT Body and build it, then you shouldn't be seeing an issue with either.

However if your using normal CBBE or anything other than HDT body it may be a slight alignment issue for which you'll have to adjust for.

To double check, you can do a quick 'test' run by aligning the piercing as per guide 10, and then instead of clicking 'save as' your slide 1 slider over to 100% and Slider -> Set BaseShape and export .nif to some temporary folder.

Then load up your reference body, and load up that exported .nif as the outfit and see that alignment and bone weights are roughly the same.

If so then the problem lies elsewhere...

Also, it shouldn't crash during building in BodySlide, it will only crash sometimes in Outfit Studio

(There also may be a slight chance that I messed up one of the slider's alignment, if that is so let me know, but again I only offer official alignment support for HDT body)

I think I'll just leave it up to someone else to do this stuff (*hint hint*), trying to export the .nif just causes the whole thing to crash.  :lol:

Appreciate the response!

Turns out I am just dumb. I got them to work and I prove to myself yet again working in the middle of the night does not go over well.

Looking for some artistic help with bodyslide rather than technical.  I've tried to create something that looks petite for 0 weight, and chubby/fat for 100 weight for use with mods that alter character weight based on eating habits.  This is fine for the extremes but every 'normal' weight seems unattractive as the belly size seems to increase too fast compared with breast size.

Any ideas how to create a skinny-chubby scale whilst having some attractive, small belly, large-ish breasts in between without nonlinear sliders?

O.o

Did you check in game with the weight slider or did you only do it with the Outfit Studio Slider?

In game, the weight slider in game applies transformations to the _0 weight and at 100% it uses the _1 weight.

I would think that in order to get the effect you desire, the easiest (or rather the only way I can think of) is that you have a skinny _0 nif, and like a slightly chubby _1 nif, then to really simulate fatness you'd need to work on a few custom weightings and then get some sort of script to enable skeleton node scaling to 'magnify' the weights. At least this way you'll have some serious fine-tuning abilities within game and can customize it as well as get armors working with it without having to re-do armor conversions.

Hey, could you make a guide for how to modify other peoples body mods to the extent of being able to reduce their max weight to a lower percent of what the current max is.  Im still haveing some issues with it, i can get the slider working but when i set the base shape it reverts to the 0 weight instead of what i have the sliders set to (slider is not highlighted) Im sure there has to be a way to get it done i can see the body at the weight i want but i just cant export it QQ.