[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

hey man, heres the two body nifs again, i think the old ones i linked may have been altered so these might be better, also i think their may have been a issue with the skeleton last time.  60% is the weight i want to make a nif of for the new 100% wieght.  Again many thanks for working on this for me :)

Here you go:

I included the weight slider so you can adjust yourself in case you feel like 60% is too high or too low.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

Body60.rar

If this has been answered, I truly apologize. But I was curious to know how to add a custom body preset to bodyslide2. (i.e.- make a zggb preset to alter vanilla armors to fit.) Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Hmm, not a 100% sure what your going for...

Do you want your preset to show up in BodySlide or In Outfit Studio.

Regardless, I suggest you read Guide 2 and Guide 9, that stuff will most likely cover what your asking for. (If not then post back with more details please)

OK, here;s a dumb question.

I've got an HDT body customized in BlodySlide (HDT LabiaPubes1)

If I have a CB++ armor that I want to fit that body.

If I load the armor in Bodyslide, and use my preset that I made for the HDT body, is Bodyslide just applying the preset to a CB++ body shape?

I'm asking this because when I create the armor using my preset, the boobs are bigger when wearing the armor than they are when NOT wearing the armor.

After messing around in Nifskope trying to get the Aradia Kato outfit working I found something that might be causing my problem. I noticed in the original UNP body there are no Butt bones, though they are put in when I convert it to TPSB Body. I imagine in the original there was no risk of collision so they never bothered. So my question is how would I connect the butt bones to the clothing meshes, and would it help with the clipping I see only during animations?

Huh. Weird, because whenever I edit the weights in OS of the base HDT body and/or any CBBE body in OS and then export/save with the edited weights the neck and hands get messed up. I found out that if I get rid of the lockseam sliders via text edit, then the 100% weight has absolutely no seams but the 0%-99% might have a little bit of a seam issue (unless i get rid of the small seam slider and other related sliders). I asked Cell about it long ago and he said he didn't know why that happens :/

I tried it on the default OS xpms skeleton, and on groovtama's xpmse skeleton and got better results with groovtama's.

I get the idea that the lockseams only tamper with the edge vertices, but I still do not know why applying a weight or editing one will throw the body out of alignment (with lockseams enabled) but if I remove them the body is back in alignment (for the most part....)

Odd indeed. Suppose I haven't used OS enough to verify if this bug is a common one, but if it is

the easiest solution is to ignore Bodyslide conversion until you have the outfit ported to CB or CBBE,

and tested it in game. If the base mesh works fine, Bodyslide will work fine too. Just select the right

lockseam (or disable it).

After messing around in Nifskope trying to get the Aradia Kato outfit working I found something that might be causing my problem. I noticed in the original UNP body there are no Butt bones, though they are put in when I convert it to TPSB Body. I imagine in the original there was no risk of collision so they never bothered. So my question is how would I connect the butt bones to the clothing meshes, and would it help with the clipping I see only during animations?

Select the outfit shape. Switch to the bones tab, Ctrl-select all the bones you want to copy (like breast, butt, belly).

Shape menu - Copy Selected weights. Be aware that Outfit Studio has a crude method for copying weights. Some

manual cleaning might be necessary for good results.

@chajapa Yeap.

also hdt body has new and different sliders so not all the sliders will match and all that.Dunno if that may be contributing to the problem though

OK, well that explains a lot right there. So is there no conversion set for taking a CB++ and making it an HDT ?

I also found out (through LOTS of trial and error.... mostly error...) that I only get that neck gap when I add the belly weight. If I take a non-BBP armor from CB++ and just add breast and butt weights, all is good. Add belly weight and there's the neck gap. 

I WISH I could get the sliders in OS so I could make a CB++ armor match more closely to the HDT body.

Like... load HDT as reference body. Load CB++ armor WITH the CB++ sliders. And see if I can use the sliders to get a better match to the HDT body

@ chajapa I have no idea why it doesn't work only when add the belly weights. My only suggestion is country another toolbox copy the weights like Gerra6's mesh rigger. Try that and see if there are still gap issues (shouldn't be) if there still is then try uploading your conversion files and I'll try to look into it :)

Conversion files?

Here are the steps I'm taking.

I have made an HDT body and saved the preset for that.

I have CB++ armors in Bodyslide so I choose one.

I make sure my preset is showing below the outfit. 

Show Preview - everything looks good.

Make Body (makes outfit) and replace the original armorxxx_1.nif.

Now I open OS.

New Project.

I select the femalebody_1.nif that I made (HDT body).

Then I select the armorxxx_1.nif

In OS this give me the armor with my HDT body as BaseShape

REMOVE the body that came with the armor.

Fix any clipping until it looks good.

DUPLICATE the Baseshape and name it "body"

Bones Tab:

highlight weights to copy

Meshes Tab:

Copy selected weights to all meshes (NOT the BaseShape at the top)

Then export nif

That's all I'm doing. IF I only copy breast and butt. It works.

If I also highlight belly, I get gap.

SO..... not sure what "conversion files" you mean. :)

I really appreciate all the help you've been giving me. I feel kind of dumb. :)

by conversion files I meant the files that you were working on that has the alignment problems.

By the way, don't copy weights to the duplicated body in your outfit mesh, it'll just screw up the weights needlessly. try copying the weights first and then delete outfit Body and insert the duplicate the baseshape body.

Got myself figured out!

Turns out I was only copying weights to one part of the mesh as opposed to all parts, which in turn caused the clipping during animations! The last bit is the top which still clips a bit during animation, which I am guessing is due to the "crude" way OS copies weights. I didn't see any tutorial up front about matching weights manually, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or outline it for me? Thanks!

Got myself figured out!

Turns out I was only copying weights to one part of the mesh as opposed to all parts, which in turn caused the clipping during animations! The last bit is the top which still clips a bit during animation, which I am guessing is due to the "crude" way OS copies weights. I didn't see any tutorial up front about matching weights manually, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or outline it for me? Thanks!

To match weights manually in OS:

1. Select the mesh you wish to edit weights on in the mesh tab on the right hand side.

2. Select Bones tab and select the bone weight which you wish to edit on the right hand side

3. Press Spacebar to change the brush settings, recomended to change brush strength to a lower value than default.

4. Paint the weights by clicking on the mesh

5. Press and Hold ALT+click to remove weights.

Using OS to paint weights can be annoying and may take some while to get used to!

Question!

With outfits that have a thong/panties piece, such as the Dark Lilith or Astaroth Suit sets, weighting them for TBBP causes the section around the butt to 'tear' whenever the physics are in motion.

Is that an issue with the weighting; or does the mesh itself need to be farther from the body; and what might be the best way to fix it?

Edit: Actually, I think this might be the same issue Sanvich was having; which you already answered! If that's the case, and the tearing is the same as the clipping issue - do you know of a good link or guide that explains in detail how weighting works? I imagine that a red area in OS is more heavily weighted than a blue one; but I don't know what that actually means as far as a bones' behaviour is concerned.

Question!

With outfits that have a thong/panties piece, such as the Dark Lilith or Astaroth Suit sets, weighting them for TBBP causes the section around the butt to 'tear' whenever the physics are in motion.

Is that an issue with the weighting; or does the mesh itself need to be farther from the body; and what might be the best way to fix it?

Edit: Actually, I think this might be the same issue Sanvich was having; which you already answered! If that's the case, and the tearing is the same as the clipping issue - do you know of a good link or guide that explains in detail how weighting works? I imagine that a red area in OS is more heavily weighted than a blue one; but I don't know what that actually means as far as a bones' behaviour is concerned.

Detailed <blender> guide for armour weighting Here

For OS weightfixes, copying over default weights can cause these issues as most default weights are 'unclean'. Cleanliness of weights is very important when concerned with HDT physics.

Also, you shouldn't have more than 4 weights per vertex (hardcoded rule) on the mesh. As for how weights and bone behaviour are concerned. If a weight is red it usually means it's 1:1 movement with the bone. If the bone moves by x,y,z amount then the red painted vertices move by the same exact amount. Lower values (lighter colors) are more or less a percentage of how much the bone's x,y,z, translation gets applied to the vertices.

In terms of HDT weights (expecially around the butt area) if you are using the TBBP weights, that's a bad idea as they are most definitely unclean and not optimized for physics. You can try using HDT body as a reference for the weights but again those were also based off of TBBP weights and not the most 'optimal' weights (though a lot better than stock TBBP). I've been working on this and found that for the butt a solid weight of .3 is best with some blending around the edges. Let me know if you'd like the .nif/max file to try copying over those weights.

Oh, yes! I'd be very happy to try your .nif and see if that alleviates the issues any. At the very least, I can compare it to the TBBP weights to get a better picture as to what they ought to look like in OS.

Sent through PM, dunno why I thought it was a good idea to post publicly xD

To match weights manually in OS:

1. Select the mesh you wish to edit weights on in the mesh tab on the right hand side.

2. Select Bones tab and select the bone weight which you wish to edit on the right hand side

3. Press Spacebar to change the brush settings, recomended to change brush strength to a lower value than default.

4. Paint the weights by clicking on the mesh

5. Press and Hold ALT+click to remove weights.

Using OS to paint weights can be annoying and may take some while to get used to!

I don't suppose someone with a better weight painting hand than I would be willing to do so? I've been messing around with it for hours and I can't seem to get it to match! If someone could put on the finishing touch of the weight paint, I'd be forever grateful :P

I don't suppose someone with a better weight painting hand than I would be willing to do so? I've been messing around with it for hours and I can't seem to get it to match! If someone could put on the finishing touch of the weight paint, I'd be forever grateful :P

I highly suggest you use gerra6's mesh rigger to copy over some better weight paints:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta353-3-2014/

If your trying to get better HDT weight paints, you can try the HDT body Weight Paints and use gerra6's mesh rigger to copy them over more accurately than OS.

Wow,

All Right so here's an 'idea' that may or may not work (I need to spend some more time studying how exactly HDT works.)

Those files use their own custom skelly's that were imported and tied to the body as a whole nother NINode. Now I have no idea how skyrim skelly's work, but it should be possible to 'extract' the skeleton out and then swap it out to be the reference skelly in Outfit Studio.

1. Load nif into 3DSMAX or Blender with import skeleton stuff checked.

2. Delete actual mesh

3. Export nif, make sure skeleton only box is checked

4. You should have the .nif file that only contains the skelly now and no other nodes besides the bones

5. Replace the OS reference skelly to the newly created one

6. Import mesh into BodySlide

7. Make conversion (Hopefully it works)

8. Load and compare the original mesh and the newly created one and make sure the NiStringextradata stuff is there

The above is 1 way to do it, another probably equally if not more successful way to do it:

1. Do the opposite, delete skeleton from nif and load, or export the shape (NiTriShape) of the skirt into an .obj, load the .obj in OS (make sure obj has the same name as the NiTriShape!)

2. Make your sliders and stuff, do save as, or to do a quick test, just export one of the sliders as .bsd

3. Manually via xml editing add the sliders to the original mesh (Make sure you fill out the shape field and such correctly with the right NiTriShape node name)

4. Test in Bodyslide, hope nothing weird happens, then create a mesh open it up in nifskope double check for any errors and then load in game and hope the HDT works fine still.

Both ways will 100% guarantee that collision capsules will be screwed up and/or the physics constraints may get bongled. (Might be able to fix by tweaking the xml though)

In all honesty I cannot say either of these methods will work. Though now thanks to you I understand that it IS possible to package a skeleton inside an armour mesh (will be extremely useful for HDT mod authors) and between that and Yoo's max file I should at the very least be able to get a starting point into diving a deeper understanding of both HDT and Bodyslide and see if I can come up with a way to account for the collision capsules with Bodyslide.

Edit: Please do let me know if my midnight ramblings work or if something gets screwed up, I chalk these methods to my own madness and would like to confirm if my mad scientist ways are worth the long nights and days of skyrim modding :)

Ok, it's weird, cause with your 1# method I could make one skirt, but the other one still complains.

This is the tartan skirt sliders, working fairly good (so thanks here, 10/10):

tartan-sliders.7z

And this is the white skirt skelleton only that OS doesn't like:

white-skelly.nif

Other thing now unrelated, how goes the piercing thingy? I've seen you have some kind of piecring boxes in your hdt body, but no clue what does that mean. SED7 when? :P

Ok, it's weird, cause with your 1# method I could make one skirt, but the other one still complains.

This is the tartan skirt sliders, working fairly good (so thanks here, 10/10):

attachicon.giftartan-sliders.7z

And this is the white skirt skelleton only that OS doesn't like:

attachicon.gifwhite-skelly.nif

'Tis what I feared on the second skelly, the author half-assed it and only made half a skeleton xD

He left out all the other stuff which is why OS is probably going bonkers on that skelly file.

You'll have to try my method 2 in this case (just making sliders for the .nif without any skeleton/weights on it and then manually add them to the weighted .nif file) I think that should work (In theory since you confirmed that my method 1 worked which I'm very excited by, I'll try making that a full fledged guide so thanks for the confirmation ^^)

P.S. the nifskope preview of the tartan sliders looks scary but I'll take your word that they work in-game :D

Other thing now unrelated, how goes the piercing thingy? I've seen you have some kind of piecring boxes in your hdt body, but no clue what does that mean. SED7 when? :P

The piercing boxes work fine, I had successfully made a few of the SED7 piercings, but due to lack of motivation to continue finishing them all and my vision of grandeur (AKA the Unibody, AKA HDT Body v.2, AKA the Future of Female Body Mods) have since disillusioned me from working on any conversions currently (even though I get asked every now and then xD) at least until that project is completed.

But as mentioned, if anyone wishes to make the conversions themselves they still can, the guide is their and I will provide full support for it. I just wish that I had uploaded the few conversions I had done before I reformatted my Hard Drive and moved onto MO...

Sometimes I'm not as bright as I think I am :-/

Though, I will consider re-do a small pack of piercings with the boxes to show that they work when you finish the HDT conversions and make a download page for them here on LL :P

Hi i'm new to 3d modeling and editing and i would like to edit  Ashara Princes of the Woods female armor to Lady Body this is what I get and when I edit it it still looks the same. I know that i'm doing something wrong so if someone could make a video or pic guide but detailed because I'm an idiot  :D  :( so pls.