[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hey, could you make a guide for how to modify other peoples body mods to the extent of being able to reduce their max weight to a lower percent of what the current max is.  Im still haveing some issues with it, i can get the slider working but when i set the base shape it reverts to the 0 weight instead of what i have the sliders set to (slider is not highlighted) Im sure there has to be a way to get it done i can see the body at the weight i want but i just cant export it QQ.  

O.o, it's a little tricky (and kinda stupid workaround for OS)

But here's what you do (quick rundown):

1. Load the Body as reference shape (File -> Import reference shape)

2. Make Slider (import the .bsd file if you need to)

3. Load the Same body as an Outfit using File -> Import Outfit (Really stupid I know...)

4. Slider -> Conform All

5. Slide the slider (unhighlighted) to desired percentage.

6. Slider -> Set Base Shape

7. File -> Export .nif

If you still need help let me know, and I'll try to put up a fast guide on how to do it (let me know if you like forum text + gif or video format better)

finally made 1, its goes a crap ahahhaha, forgot body "inside armor" at first try, moved wrong areas, hell clipping, but going show anyway ^^, ik goes horrible, but at least now i know what do and going train more till get a good conversion and post the conversion (maybe conversions lol if god helps) later on.

*Like i said, keep in mid im just showing my faults till now, still trainning, its not final at all , its just crap using for trainning.

**Selfnote : change enb moron, its a good one for gamming, but for pics its a crap.

Still all good because now i can start doing conversions soon i improve more, really thanks blabba :heart:

looks great to me

Sorry if this question has been covered a lot previously, I did search a fair bit but nothing came up.

Does anybody know if there's a standard set of xyz co-ordinates for moving vertices where a UNP-BBP body isn't lined up with CBBE, in the same way as one would for vanilla to CBBE? I've tried really hard to manually plot them but not doing very well at all, and I've totally given up on the move brush - even if I set the brush huuge I end up with a mesh that looks like a big twiglet. 

If anybody's discovered this I'd be over the moon if you could share them.  

Sorry if this question has been covered a lot previously, I did search a fair bit but nothing came up.

Does anybody know if there's a standard set of xyz co-ordinates for moving vertices where a UNP-BBP body isn't lined up with CBBE, in the same way as one would for vanilla to CBBE? I've tried really hard to manually plot them but not doing very well at all, and I've totally given up on the move brush - even if I set the brush huuge I end up with a mesh that looks like a big twiglet. 

Unfortunately I don't quite understand the problem your having :(

But for the twiglet issue, Disable Connected Vertices mode (Hotkey C) and make your brush larger than the mesh/area you want to move and it should fix the 'bugle/twiglet' issue your having.

Unfortunately I don't quite understand the problem your having :(

But for the twiglet issue, Disable Connected Vertices mode (Hotkey C) and make your brush larger than the mesh/area you want to move and it should fix the 'bugle/twiglet' issue your having.

Well you know how sometimes you have an armor mesh that looks fine in Nifskope, but when you load it in Outfit Studio it's not in the correct position in relation to the body? I have an outfit for UNP-BBP that I want to convert to 7B, using CBBE as a bridge. Outfit Studio suggests  some standard xyz co-ordinates for the move vertices function but it's not right in this case.

I don't understand what causes meshes to be out of position in OS as I've never used any of those other tools people use to convert armors, I'm just wondering if this is something that comes up often enough that someone's got a set of numbers that will work. Probably not I'd guess, 'cos I can't find anything anywhere. 

And yeah, I did try with a bigger brush and disabled vertices connections as per your tut but still finding it very hard to get somewhere without ending up with a mesh that's out of proportion or warped - every time I've tried it I've just made even more work for myself and had to scrap and start again.

It's so frustrating cos these meshes are very simple, just out of position with the body. 

@b3ast1e

Can't say I've run into too many meshes that needed re-alignment issues like your suggesting (although I have on occasions) but to really fix it you'll probably need to try fixing it in nifskope or alinging it in 3DSMax/Blender.

But then again, that's just my limited knowledge with the program. Someone may well have a solution for it. (Lately I haven't done much in terms of outfit modding with BodySlide even though I really want too :-/ )

No worries man, I think I'll give up for now . I guess OS just has it's limitations in it's current form. Although it's meant for lay folk like me the tools just don't seem accurate or controllable enough to easily move a mesh into place, or I'm simply not skilled or patient enough to wrap my head around them. 

Ah well. I'll wear them as UNPB for now and hope some more talented soul decides to convert them. 

So I've played Skyrim for a while (who hasn't??) but about two? years ago I stopped, literally, because there were robe meshes available that were quite to my liking (I'm a necromancer at heart). The few that were available at the time mostly had panels removed to make them more 'skimpy' and vanilla looks embarrassingly like I'm wearing a potato sack.

So I've been playing again, and I want to try my hand at converting the vanilla mage robes to CBBE using OS.

Through the tutorials I've seen I can't seem to find, at all, where to get the templates in OS's very first drop down menu. No matter what I do sliderwise, I can't for the life of me get any templates to show up!

Please help! 

Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!

So I've played Skyrim for a while (who hasn't??) but about two? years ago I stopped, literally, because there were robe meshes available that were quite to my liking (I'm a necromancer at heart). The few that were available at the time mostly had panels removed to make them more 'skimpy' and vanilla looks embarrassingly like I'm wearing a potato sack.

So I've been playing again, and I want to try my hand at converting the vanilla mage robes to CBBE using OS.

Through the tutorials I've seen I can't seem to find, at all, where to get the templates in OS's very first drop down menu. No matter what I do sliderwise, I can't for the life of me get any templates to show up!

Please help! 

Any advice would be deeply appreciated!!

Look at Guide 4, and the config.xml is actually already attached at the bottom of the post (it's buried between all the picture downloads, which I'm surprised have so many downloads lol)

b3ast1e im thinking of trying to do the skin tight outfit first, im seeing 3 different body armors in it, witch one would you like me to start with? 

@blabba - Thanks for the new body it looks perfect at that weight, im gona be comeing out with a bunch of armors for it and i will be sure to credit you with giveing me this great body!  also could u pop back into my thread and check out one more file i posted in my thread? <3

Firstly many thanks for the guides but I'm having terrible trouble following them. Probably because what I want to do isn't one of the items covered, unless I'm very much mistaken. Which is odd because it feels like it should be the most simple procedure, that is:

Converting a CBBE armour set to a CB Advanced set with full slider support. That should be simple right?

Firstly many thanks for the guides but I'm having terrible trouble following them. Probably because what I want to do isn't one of the items covered, unless I'm very much mistaken. Which is odd because it feels like it should be the most simple procedure, that is:

Converting a CBBE armour set to a CB Advanced set with full slider support. That should be simple right?

Simple yes, you can easily figure it out by playing around a bit with BodySlide.

In my ever increasing knowledge of BodySlide, I keep forgetting to make some of the more 'basic' tutorials such as you requested.

I am currently in a lull over my other projects as some hidden issues have popped up and will spend some time tonight updating the OP with a few more guides and such.

For now though, just follow Guide 1 (skip the parts about conforming to CBBE, since you already have it conformed to CBBE and follow the second half of the guide.)

From my own experience, you'll probably fail the first time (which if you don't you should feel good about yourself because it just goes to show that you can learn faster than the idiot who wrote the guides :P ) but for sure you'll get it the second time, and it'll be a LOT faster, as most things are with practice xD

Hey, could you make a guide for how to modify other peoples body mods to the extent of being able to reduce their max weight to a lower percent of what the current max is. 

1. Load the Body as reference shape (File -> Import reference shape)

2. Make Slider (import the .bsd file if you need to)

3. Load the Same body as an Outfit using File -> Import Outfit (Really stupid I know...)

4. Slider -> Conform All

Yeah....about that... no. Conforming is quality degrading. Here's how to do it:

1. Load high weight as outfit.

2. Foreach shape including body, export Shape to .obj.

3. Load low weight nif as outfit.

4. Make a new slider, and turn on edit mode.

5. Foreach shape, import slider data and load those obj files.

6. Set the slider value as you like it, 50% or whatever.

7. If Set baseshape works for you, use it and export nif.

If not, maybe Make conversion reference works for setting the shape, but it can also crash Outfit Studio.

Last resort: skip step 6, just save project and load it up in Bodyslide.

Well you know how sometimes you have an armor mesh that looks fine in Nifskope, but when you load it in Outfit Studio it's not in the correct position in relation to the body? I have an outfit for UNP-BBP that I want to convert to 7B, using CBBE as a bridge. Outfit Studio suggests  some standard xyz co-ordinates for the move vertices function but it's not right in this case.

I don't understand what causes meshes to be out of position in OS as I've never used any of those other tools people use to convert armors, I'm just wondering if this is something that comes up often enough that someone's got a set of numbers that will work. Probably not I'd guess, 'cos I can't find anything anywhere. 

Many of Bethesda's original meshes have offsets too. It's just one of those things that nobody had to care about

until Bodyslide entered the scene. Anyway, there is no standard offset, but a common one is preset on Move vertices.

Btw, if you want to port between UNP variants (including 7B), use my conversion sets instead:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21327-bodyslide-modders-guides-and-help-thread/

It is. If you don't care about the wider waist of CBBE vs CB, you only need to:

1. load CB Advanced as reference

2. load outfit

3. fix offset  (offsets can be annoying, but if the scale is wrong you're really screwed)

4. conform all

5. adjust each slider shape, fix clipping and such

6. no reweighting required, if it's a cbbe mesh

7. save project

So, I asked before but didn't get an answer so let's try again.

I'm getting an issue after converting a couple outfits with OS, so far only happens to the TERA armors pack. They show fine in BodySlide afterwards, but in the game I get black polygons in some parts. In a pair of boots I converted it got so bad that there was a line of black polygons from top to bottom at the back of the boots.

Any idea of what is causing this?

So, I asked before but didn't get an answer so let's try again.

I'm getting an issue after converting a couple outfits with OS, so far only happens to the TERA armors pack. They show fine in BodySlide afterwards, but in the game I get black polygons in some parts. In a pair of boots I converted it got so bad that there was a line of black polygons from top to bottom at the back of the boots.

Any idea of what is causing this?

There are a few things that can cause that.

Post pics and the nifs.

Ok, here you go. This is how the boots should look:

post-285611-0-79935400-1392942036_thumb.jpg

This is how they look after converting them to BodySlide. All I did was to widen the calves a bit with the expand tool, then 'comform all':

post-285611-0-82301700-1392942106_thumb.jpg

boots.zip

I should note that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the way I modify them in OS. I mean that I've modified those boots manually at least three times, with different end results, and those black spots always appear exactly in the same places with the same shape.

Also, this happened on the other parts of the set as well, on the body armor and gauntlets, although it wasn't as serious there. I think it also happened with other outfits (I only converted three of them), but this one in particular was the worst case.

I didn't do anything except opening them in Outfit Studio and widening the boots a bit. The originals already have that bad mesh, but I suppose that OS is the one messing with the UV maps, probably because of that mess of a mesh.

Who's port are you editing?

Does it have any somewhat 'easy' solution?

'Easy' is subjective, but too fix them you will need to edit the UVs and weld all the broken verts back together.