[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I tried something easier  :). Loaded an LadyBody_1.nif as an existing slider set and tried to mach the cloth http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15529/? UNP to the body and I got this attachicon.gifScreenShot4.bmp  :D but another thing is that after I take it down it looks like this attachicon.gifScreenShot5.bmp what can be wrong should i delete body from the mesh or what??  :)

I'm a little confused, as it seems to be your femalebody_0/_1 having a problem with the textures or something. Maybe trying to re-install UNP will help?

This shouldn't be an error caused by OS, as all you did was make a perfectly working conversion. (Good job by the way)

i have little problem with "duplicate body shape"if i click on base shape and give duplicate shape

little help!!! :D

You should be fine, that happens sometimes, dunno what exactly is the cause, but once you export to .nif and re-import into bodyslide you'll see all is well with the textures again :)

(Make sure your rename the shape to something more intuitive)

Someone can convert Deathshell armor from TERA Armors Collection for Skyrim - CBBE, i cant always give me some error. I have CBBE with TBBP and HDT.

Here's a more appropriate thread for posting requests: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24385-outfit-studiobodyslide-2-cbbe-conversions/

This thread is more for providing help and support for people using OS,  so if you can explain your error maybe I can help you?

blabba thx :) btw I'm using http://blackelf-skyrim-en.blogspot.sk/2013/09/lady-body-21.html  in game. I tried to copy mesh and textures to the folder but i still got the exact problem dunno what's wrong  :( and i have another question in this GUIDE 1: Any Outfit - Bodyslide Advanced (For Custom Bodies) when I reach step 8 should i edit reference body or should i edit armor?? 

Dunno about Lady Body texture issues, but you might wanna make a separate thread in the technical support forum to get help on that issue.

As for step 8, it should be on the Outfit mesh not the reference body :)

I tried something easier  :). Loaded an LadyBody_1.nif as an existing slider set and tried to mach the cloth http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15529/? UNP to the body and I got this attachicon.gifScreenShot4.bmp  :D but another thing is that after I take it down it looks like this attachicon.gifScreenShot5.bmp what can be wrong should i delete body from the mesh or what??  :)

I'm a little confused, as it seems to be your femalebody_0/_1 having a problem with the textures or something. Maybe trying to re-install UNP will help?

This shouldn't be an error caused by OS, as all you did was make a perfectly working conversion. (Good job by the way)

i have little problem with "duplicate body shape"if i click on base shape and give duplicate shape

little help!!! :D

You should be fine, that happens sometimes, dunno what exactly is the cause, but once you export to .nif and re-import into bodyslide you'll see all is well with the textures again :)

(Make sure your rename the shape to something more intuitive)

Someone can convert Deathshell armor from TERA Armors Collection for Skyrim - CBBE, i cant always give me some error. I have CBBE with TBBP and HDT.

Here's a more appropriate thread for posting requests: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24385-outfit-studiobodyslide-2-cbbe-conversions/

This thread is more for providing help and support for people using OS,  so if you can explain your error maybe I can help you?

Is very difficult to explain in English as it is not my native language

hello, thx for this tutorial.. after a while im finally able to do it xD

anyway i have question, i fix every clipping on the outfit but when my character move its start to clipping.. i've done adding bone to the outfit but still clipping when moving, when stand idle its good.. its TBBP outfit with HDT body as reference..

Moving

8XhzSBJ.jpg

Idle

WmzQIx3.jpg

ps : i didn't duplicate bodyshape to outfit mesh, i try adding it too but cant find any difference and the outfit in the game still clipping, thx for your help xD

hello, thx for this tutorial.. after a while im finally able to do it xD

anyway i have question, i fix every clipping on the outfit but when my character move its start to clipping.. i've done adding bone to the outfit but still clipping when moving, when stand idle its good.. its TBBP outfit with HDT body as reference..

ps : i didn't duplicate bodyshape to outfit mesh, i try adding it too but cant find any difference and the outfit in the game still clipping, thx for your help xD

That's due to weight paint most likely, there are three fixes possible with just OS.

Please see reference post

anyone know a workaround for http://code.google.com/p/bodyslide/issues/detail?id=76

that problem?

Replace skeleton file with new updated XPMS skeleton (inside res folder in Outfit Studio Main folder)

Or use XPMSE skeleton made here by Groovtama. Or use any number of other skeletons made by users here.

Another popular choice is to use Vioxsis skeleton.

hmm... I seem to be having the same problem.  The problem is specifically, if I delete a body from a mesh, and import a different body that was also created with bodyslide, the imported body is offset by about y-2.55 and z 3.3.  If I manually move the new body that amount, and duplicate the shape the moments are not remembered, and the body is still offset. in game even though it looks fine in outfit studio.  If I save it and reload it, it is offset again.  The movement is not remembered.

hmm... I seem to be having the same problem.  The problem is specifically, if I delete a body from a mesh, and import a different body that was also created with bodyslide, the imported body is offset by about y-2.55 and z 3.3.  If I manually move the new body that amount, and duplicate the shape the moments are not remembered, and the body is still offset. in game even though it looks fine in outfit studio.  If I save it and reload it, it is offset again.  The movement is not remembered.

If by 'offset' you mean the set offset feature aka: the box that let's you type xyz values, that feature does NOT store offsets.

That feature is more or less a 'preview' feature. It makes no permanent changes.

The ONLY current way to move/offset a mesh in OS is by exclusively using the move vertices tool. That tool does store offset positions but doesn't allow you to manually type in offset values (you have to mouse drag)

You will need to use Nifskope/3DSMax/Blender for what your asking until OS get's update :(

If by 'offset' you mean the set offset feature aka: the box that let's you type xyz values, that feature does NOT store offsets.

That feature is more or less a 'preview' feature. It makes no permanent changes.

The ONLY current way to move/offset a mesh in OS is by exclusively using the move vertices tool. That tool does store offset positions but doesn't allow you to manually type in offset values (you have to mouse drag)

You will need to use Nifskope/3DSMax/Blender for what your asking until OS get's update :(

I tried moving it in niffskope too.  I got the mesh to [appear] moved, but in game it still was offset.  I visually (but not actually) moved it by highlighting the body mesh, then NiTriShape>Transform>Edit and manually typing in -2.55, 3.3  it looked fine, but still nada.  any tips for nifskope?

I tried moving it in niffskope too.  I got the mesh to [appear] moved, but in game it still was offset.  I visually (but not actually) moved it by highlighting the body mesh, then NiTriShape>Transform>Edit and manually typing in -2.55, 3.3  it looked fine, but still nada.  any tips for nifskope?

Yea, I seriously need to write a dummy guide on Nifskope...

Problem is I'm a total noob myself on that program. When I learn enough I guess that could be my next guide project.

Your problem sounds similar to what the person in this thread was asking as well. Luckily he found his solution, Unluckily I forgot what it was so you'll have to dig through the thread fro the info (it's only 3 pages though):

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28017-editing-mesh-position-in-nifskope-produces-no-change/?do=findComment&comment=701580

Hope it helps and the solution doesn't end up being, 'Use 3DSMAx and/or Blender' :)

So i have a very "new to this modding thing thing" kind of question.

to start I am trying to turn a ladybody corset into a CBBE TBBP corset.

I followed all your instructions(thank you for those by the way they were very helpful) took me about an hour in outfit studio to figure out everything and in the end the cloths i worked on had no clipping, i was pretty positive i got the tbbp weights transferred correctly, saved it, and I know where the files are.

So here's where my dumb problems and question start.At first loaded the game had the original armor unequipped, put it on still, clipped and no tbbp.

brought up the command screen looked for the new title,wasn't there.dropped the original, added a new one to my inventory same thing.

Loged out, figured why not rename and swap in the new files for the original and see how that works out.

load, equip, less clip but still a lot,BUTT the tbbp was working.last thing i figured it could be was that i was using temptress race and that the custom race may be messing with it,race menu into a nord  and yes again less clipping but still over all a lot.

So did i miss a step somewhere?am I going about finding the item in game all wrong?Or did i not flush the textures out enough in studio?

So i have a very "new to this modding thing thing" kind of question.

to start I am trying to turn a ladybody corset into a CBBE TBBP corset.

I followed all your instructions(thank you for those by the way they were very helpful) took me about an hour in outfit studio to figure out everything and in the end the cloths i worked on had no clipping, i was pretty positive i got the tbbp weights transferred correctly, saved it, and I know where the files are.

So here's where my dumb problems and question start.At first loaded the game had the original armor unequipped, put it on still, clipped and no tbbp.

brought up the command screen looked for the new title,wasn't there.dropped the original, added a new one to my inventory same thing.

Loged out, figured why not rename and swap in the new files for the original and see how that works out.

load, equip, less clip but still a lot,BUTT the tbbp was working.last thing i figured it could be was that i was using temptress race and that the custom race may be messing with it,race menu into a nord  and yes again less clipping but still over all a lot.

So did i miss a step somewhere?am I going about finding the item in game all wrong?Or did i not flush the textures out enough in studio?

Your the third person to ask me this same type of question in the past day :D

I do believe it's time for me to update the FAQ or make a guide about this somehow!

Anyway to answer your question about clipping while moving/animating please the the following post about 3 ways to work around this problem:

Please see reference post

sorry if this question has been answered, there's problem for my outfit texture, its like some texture is missing after i convert it using OS..

Pic

no 1. is my converted outfit in game, looks weird.. no. 2 is the original one.. and there's no more texture for the outfit in the folder, any idea?

sorry if this question has been answered, there's problem for my outfit texture, its like some texture is missing after i convert it using OS..

Pic

no 1. is my converted outfit in game, looks weird.. no. 2 is the original one.. and there's no more texture for the outfit in the folder, any idea?

Probably the texture normal issue. There is a way to fix it in Nifskope but I dunno how.

Another way is to prevent OS from messing with the normals, Go to Shape -> Uncheck Smooth Normals. Re-do your conversion.

Just wanted to post a very sincere thank you for the guides. After multiple tutorials that were all lacking to varying degrees, I used your tutorials and successfully created my first conversion of CT77's Hentai Mixed Armor from CBBE to TBBP. I'm loving it.

I'm by no means an expert yet, but now I have a foundation from which to work and learn from. Again, my deepest gratitude for your sharing of your knowledge (not to mention the very useful way in which you present it!)

Here's a few screenshots demonstrating (as best as a screenshot can)

EDIT: Don't know what the hell was wrong with me posting .bmp files at first, here's some .jpg files instead...

CT77_Hentai_TBBP_Conv.rar

Is converting Oblivion armors possible with Body Slide?

Probably (with some nifskope trickery as well)? I've loaded Oblivion and Fallout meshes correctly before.

Though it'll be a lot easier to do it via 3dsMax/Blender. A LOT easier.