[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Was converting a sevenbase outfit to the HDT body. Spent about 2 hours of time on making it fit nearly perfectly without clipping. Got to step 13 of part 1, did as it said, but loaded HDT body as the reference, not CBBE Advanced TBBP, and it completely reset the body I had spent all that time perfecting to fit. Any way to recover it, and what exactly went wrong? (and why)

Was converting a sevenbase outfit to the HDT body. Spent about 2 hours of time on making it fit nearly perfectly without clipping. Got to step 13 of part 1, did as it said, but loaded HDT body as the reference, not CBBE Advanced TBBP, and it completely reset the body I had spent all that time perfecting to fit. Any way to recover it, and what exactly went wrong? (and why)

I learned from stuffed_bunny recently that in step 12 'set baseshape' doesn't always work for all users :/

You'll want to test this by:

1. starting a new project

2. load up a new reference and oufit

3. slide any slider (NOT PENCIL BUTTON/ NOT Highlighted Purple!)

4. Try the Slider -> Set Base Shape option again

If the outfit mesh does NOT revert back to original shape then your all good and your problem was most likely you were in slider edit mode (Pencil button/ purple highlight).

However, if the outfit mesh reverts back to it's original form then you might be under the rare bug that set base shape doesn't work as stuffed_bunny reported.

No way to recover your outfit though :( (Welcome to the harsh world of Outfit Studio, she's a fickle mistress at times...)

I learned from stuffed_bunny recently that in step 12 'set baseshape' doesn't always work for all users :/

You'll want to test this by:

1. starting a new project

2. load up a new reference and oufit

3. slide any slider (NOT PENCIL BUTTON/ NOT Highlighted Purple!)

4. Try the Slider -> Set Base Shape option again

If the outfit mesh does NOT revert back to original shape then your all good and your problem was most likely you were in slider edit mode (Pencil button/ purple highlight).

However, if the outfit mesh reverts back to it's original form then you might be under the rare bug that set base shape doesn't work as stuffed_bunny reported.

No way to recover your outfit though :( (Welcome to the harsh world of Outfit Studio, she's a fickle mistress at times...)

Thank you for the (incredibly) fast reply. I'll have to try testing for the bug tomarrow. On a related note, is there any way to save your progress as you edit a shape or outfit? Or does everything have to be done in one sitting from start to finish, without allowing for a single mistake that undo won't, well, undo?

For the set base shape changes (after slider -> conform all) the only real way of 'saving' work would be to export -> .nif

As for saving slider edits, you'd need to manually export each slider your editing (an incredibly arduous task)

But basically as it stands, yea you'll need to do the mjority of edits in one sitting in Outfit Studio (Loading and saving projects doesn't work yet)

If your alright digging through for a workaround though until Outfit Studio gets patched up, there's 2 posted by me and skyrimfloo a page or 2 back I believe.

All right! It's time for an:

[update]

Finally finished Guide 8!

Got Rid of What's next section, because I am simply way too busy/inundated with ideas of my own to keep a consistent guide schedule.

Also, I've pretty much shared as much knowledge as I know of Outfit Studio and it's myriad features. There's a few more like weight conversions, making a new slider and stuff that I will get to (eventually xD)

Anyway, if my lack of a guide on something is holding you back, let me know, pm or post here what you'd like to specifically accomplish and I'll update/make a guide for you ASAP.

Otherwise, Expect updates a bit more sparingly, or at least until Outfit Studio gets updated

Who's port are you editing?

I'm editing a HDT heels version of those boots, but the mesh is the same in the original version for UNP and I get the same errors.

'Easy' is subjective, but too fix them you will need to edit the UVs and weld all the broken verts back together.

Meh, I don't wanna mess with Blender. I guess I'll just forget about that one.

For the set base shape changes (after slider -> conform all) the only real way of 'saving' work would be to export -> .nif

As for saving slider edits, you'd need to manually export each slider your editing (an incredibly arduous task)

But basically as it stands, yea you'll need to do the mjority of edits in one sitting in Outfit Studio (Loading and saving projects doesn't work yet)

If your alright digging through for a workaround though until Outfit Studio gets patched up, there's 2 posted by me and skyrimfloo a page or 2 back I believe.

Actually, while my Outfit Studio install has some bugs with things like set baseshape,

Load and Save Project works just fine here.

I don't like the clunky save project interface, but it works. I really hate how OS names bsd files,

but I doubt anyone else cares as long as they load, and I wouldn't care either if it was compatible

with the build functions in my script.

Also, BS2 (actual Bodyslide) will not display the sliderset, possibly a group filter bug.

It works just fine in BS++.

Except for save project, and export nif, there are other ways to save your progress:

1. export shape as obj

2. make new slider, do your editing within the new slider, export the slider whenever you like

While experimenting with different reshape attempts, it's useful to keep the reshapes within

sliders too. That way you can export them all, have unlimited undo/redo, you can coalesce

a slider to clone its current shape as a backup, you can scale the reshape by sliding it.

In theory you can store your progress as an unlimited number of versions by cloning the

slider as a backup. And of course save the project at regular intervals.

Actually, while my Outfit Studio install has some bugs with things like set baseshape,

Load and Save Project works just fine here.

?

Have you loaded up a project, edited and the saved the project?

It's listed as a known bug on the bodyslide nexus page that saving and loading projects incorrectly clears out slider data...

Though maybe, your just a magical bunny that fixed it somehow, if so I'd REALLY like to have that fix xD

I need again again help with another strange thing. -_-

So I've noticed my suit has a strange "triangle" :

jmkz5JP.jpg

As you can see in the outfit studio it appears as a flat/smoothed but in game its sticking out of the suit. ? Could someone check it please. 

But looks like mesh is broken . . . if its a true is there any way to fix it?

Cuirass_1BUG.nif

Have you loaded up a project, edited and the saved the project?

It's listed as a known bug on the bodyslide nexus page that saving and loading projects incorrectly clears out slider data...

Though maybe, your just a magical bunny that fixed it somehow, if so I'd REALLY like to have that fix xD

Though I am a magical bunny, I did nothing to fix this. Maybe it's a bug that just happens in certain situations.

All I can tell you is that I saved a simple project with some sliders, tested it in Bodyslide, reopened

Outfit Studio, loaded the sliderset, fixed some clipping, and saved it again. Worked as expected.

So I've noticed my suit has a strange "triangle" :

As you can see in the outfit studio it appears as a flat/smoothed but in game its sticking out of the suit. ? Could someone check it please.  But looks like mesh is broken . . . if its a true is there any way to fix it?

Found nothing strange with the weighting, except possibly R Clavicle.

I want to ask, can we make an CB++ outfit?

I really want to have a CB++ for neo oriental dress, thx before

CBAdvanced = CB++

The naming scheme changed a bit, that's all.

So yes, load up Caliente Body Advanced as a reference and you'll be able to make your outfit 'CB++' enabled.

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty clueless about outfit studio and any kind of mesh or texture editing, but I've been dipping my toes into the water with outfit studio. I'm hoping for some feedback from those more knowledgeable than I.

1) I've been using outfit studio to separate body pieces into mashup parts. For example, I separated the UNP armored bikini into separate bra and panties. For the panties, I just loaded up the bikini mesh, deleted the bra in outfit studio, then used the creation kit and nifskope to change its body slot. Seems to work. However, is there any flaw to this method? In nifskope the newly separated panty mesh still seems to show a lot of nodes that are probably unnecessary (although I could be wrong). Will this cause any functional problems?

2) Is there any way to convert 7B items to other body types in the present version of outfit studio? As far as I can tell, outfit studio doesn't load up any reference body if you try to convert any 7B item - I've been told this is due to missing or erroneous 7B sliders.

I tried to get round this by setting the UNP body as a custom slider, but the conform feature won't work then,

Also, does the conform feature work correctly for boots? I'm really wanting to convert a pair of 7B midthigh boots to UNP, but I recall an earlier attempt at converting a different pair of midthigh boots from CBBE to UNP. Far as I can recall, using the CBBE-->UNP sliders, the conform all feature didn't change the fit of the boot at all in that case too.

Thanks to anyone who can help on this... do excuse the sheer level of cluelessness in this post.

Welcom chipstick!

1. Dunno if the extra nodes will cause errors as those will just be useless bones not weighted to anything now, easily fixable by reloading you nif in OS and hitting bones tab and right click to delete the bones not used anymore. Also doable in Nifskope, you should just be able to delete the useless bones in there as well.

2. The sliders and references are fixed, download the optional pack in the tweaks section of the OP, they were fixes provided by Cell (co-creator of Outfit Studio) here on this thread. You should be able to convert 7base to CBBE and then from there convert to any shape you want.

3. Boots are a bit iffy, try loading up boots in OS and see if they show up correctly, if not chances are they are currently incompatible and without some strenuous workarounds they will be undoable.

Hi Blabbla!

Thanks for the reply, I'll check the optional pack out, feeling a tad sheepish I didn't notice that. Your tutorials are great btw.

About deleting the useless bones... is there a way to tell which are useless?

EDIT: Unfortunately, the reference pack doesnt seem to have fixed the 7B conversion issue. :( Major sad face.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the reference pack doesnt seem to have fixed the 7B conversion issue. :( Major sad face.

Dunno what to say, that conversion reference should work fine by default.

output_4_LLIoi.gif

Try a re-install, the optional slider pack by Cell only fixes intra-7Base sliders not the 7base to CBBE slider, those should work fine by default.

O.o

Well that's awkward.

Mind if you try doing the following?:

1. File -> Load Reference -> Select Manually pick.

2. Navigate to ConvertSets Folder inside CalienteTools/Bodyslide folder

3. Select the following xml and click load

todo.png

If the above doesn't work, I'll just pm you my installation zipped up and that 100% should work, but it uses my own custom settings so you'll have to get rid of those if they get annoying for you.

Hi Blabla,

I'm missing the 7B --> CBBE sliders. When I manually select the 7bconvert.xml, the slidersets i have available are all 7B --> other 7B variants or weight changes,

starting with 7B Bombshell High --> Low, and ending with 7B Bombshell (High) --> 7B Original (Low).

Did some digging around, and found this post by cailil365 on the nexus forums, on the 23rd december, I believe in reference to his OS reference pack:

Thanks for the quick response - unfortunately that doesn't solve this. It does add the sliders for changing 7base weight and 7base variants to 7base but it doesn't add the 7base to Cbbe slider. It's not a big deal - I've been able to work around this using other sliders and deforming but just FYI in case other ppl run in to this.

Your slider set would be very much appreciated ^^;

Thanks for being so helpful. Very awesome of you.

Hi Blabla,

Cracks me up every time someone misspells my name like this :D

I honestly think my username is the best just because the misspells are good as well :P

I'm missing the 7B --> CBBE sliders. When I manually select the 7bconvert.xml, the slidersets i have available are all 7B --> other 7B variants or weight changes,

GAH!

I highlighted wrong sliderset in my pic, please select calconvert.xml instead and try

I commit these tiny errors that potentially could break something important way too often, honestly I'm not surprised more people have found more flaws with my guides :/

Edit: I'm uploading my installation and will pm you when it's done, my internet is just slow...

Sorry, i missed a B there, Blabbla ^_^;

Alright calconvert seems to work, i get the 7b Bombshell -> CBBe reference. Trying it out now.

Also, your tutorials have been very helpful. You may not think it from the level of cluelessness I display, but the one I watched helped me learn a few things.

Below I summed up some issues that were confusing to me when I was a beginner, if the info is correct it could be added to the guide Terminology for beginners:

CHSBHC is the first body with BBP meshes, this mod contains Breast Physics animations.

BBP animations can be installed by installing  CHSBHC first and then overwrite with a BBP capable body (such as CBBE BBP) OR by installing the animations only IF a BBP body has already been installed (to prevent CTD). Other BBP animations exist, see guide.

CBBE classic=CBBE version 3.1,

CBBE=CBBE version3.2

CB++=CBBE version3.2 capable of using extra sliders for bodyslide 1

CBAdvanced= CBBE version3.2 capable of using extra sliders for bodyslide 2.

When modders mention CBBE or bodyslide, they could mean any of the above.

I understand that CBAdvanced meshes are still being worked on to make them fully capable to use all sliders, this would mean that CBAdvanced is not exactly the same as CBBE version3.2 OR maybe the reference body meshes are still being worked on to make them fully capable to use all sliders, which would mean that CBAdvanced is exactly the same as CBBE version3.2 ?

Is it safe to run bodyslide 2 several times on the same body and armor? I used bodyslide 2 on bodies and CT77 armor and later did it again with different settings. Will the first batch bodies and armor (made by bodyslide 2) be removed?

Where does bodyslide 2 store the batch bodies and armor info?

If CT77 armor was installed with NMM, can NMM still remove all of CT77 armor after Bodyslide 2 was used? I suppose NMM can not remove the armor made by bodyslide 2, so what happens with this?

(NB CT77 armor is used as example in the questions, it is the armor from the mod "Remodeled armor for CBBE Bodyslide 2 etc.")