5 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Nobody else has reported a problem with TTW and there are many of the authors here that use TTW and some even design mods for it...

Are you sure you have it and the other requirements installed correctly? That is about all I can give on this. (don't have it installed to try myself)

If you are 100% sure you are good to go on your end... and no other response from this thread.. I'd create a new tech support thread specific for TTW and NVSE Extender issue. Maybe that might get someone's attention (a mod author that is skilled enough to double check what is happening with NVSE extender and TTW and create a fix... )

Maybe there's something, look:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/111060-with-tale-of-two-wastelands-recently-updated-to-32-what-sex-mods-are-going-to-function-with-it/

Unfortunately I still have to try TTW 3.2 and I can't confirm myself before at least the next weekend.

8 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Nobody else has reported a problem with TTW and there are many of the authors here that use TTW and some even design mods for it...

Are you sure you have it and the other requirements installed correctly? That is about all I can give on this. (don't have it installed to try myself)

If you are 100% sure you are good to go on your end... and no other response from this thread.. I'd create a new tech support thread specific for TTW and NVSE Extender issue. Maybe that might get someone's attention (a mod author that is skilled enough to double check what is happening with NVSE extender and TTW and create a fix... )

Hi RitualClarity, there's only two person with similar issue so far in the forum so I see where you are going xD (TTW 3.2 was recently release though)

For me, I have tested Sexout with just FNV and it works fine. Once I tried a fresh installation of TTW 3.2 and enable NX for Sexout, it just CTD.

Without NX enabled, TTW 3.2 does not CTD but Sexout will give the error message that it needed NX to function. (mods don't function at this point, tested both with Sexout sex key)

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/111060-with-tale-of-two-wastelands-recently-updated-to-32-what-sex-mods-are-going-to-function-with-it/

Unfortunately I still have to try TTW 3.2 and I can't confirm myself before at least the next weekend.

Hi A.J, hoping to hear back from you once you installed TTW 3.2.

with this installed my game is crashing. without it the game does not. with it I cant start a new game or load an old one.   without this no mods from here will work.  I am playing TTW. Does it not work with TTW?  I know it is not a missing master or anything. I ran everything thru Loot and also FNV-EDIT. Everything checks out as fine.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:35 AM, A.J. said:

Glad to hear I am not the only one having this problem and that im not crazy lol but this sucks :/ hopefully it will get fixed sometime soon. Would it be worth installing an older version of TTW if they have it? like maybe 3.0?

Edit: After a searching for a little bit for older versions I found this forum https://taleoftwowastelands.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6704 but it seems they don't have any older versions

• 2 weeks later...

I installed it with NMM and it is working fine now. Prior , I tried manual, and it was crashing the game.  NMM installed it properly. I am also on windows 10, I always expect problems. BUT NO Problems once installed correctly. Just wanted to give the Update. :) TTW Working.   Tail in two Wastelands is now a Probability. lol

On 12/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, Soulbringer1 said:

I installed it with NMM and it is working fine now. Prior , I tried manual, and it was crashing the game.  NMM installed it properly. I am also on windows 10, I always expect problems. BUT NO Problems once installed correctly. Just wanted to give the Update. :) TTW Working.   Tail in two Wastelands is now a Probability. lol

NMM as in Vortex now right? I was using FOMM and I don't see how vortex changes things in terms of installing NX to its 'correct' location. Thanks for the information and I will try using vortex tonight.

Edit: Welp, still crashes even with vortex (Though it is a nice mod manager to use). Tried FNV only, sexout mods works as intended while with TTW 3.2 it crashes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Giving up TTW 3.2 for now and playing New california :D

7 hours ago, PeonXD said:

NMM as in Vortex now right? I was using FOMM and I don't see how vortex changes things in terms of installing NX to its 'correct' location. Thanks for the information and I will try using vortex tonight.

Edit: Welp, still crashes even with vortex (Though it is a nice mod manager to use). Tried FNV only, sexout mods works as intended while with TTW 3.2 it crashes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Giving up TTW 3.2 for now and playing New california :D

Nope the latest NMM Not Vortex.  Vortex is too buggy for me. I just installed the Fomod with Nexus Mod Manager, and It functions Perfectly. 

8 hours ago, Soulbringer1 said:

Nope the latest NMM Not Vortex.  Vortex is too buggy for me. I just installed the Fomod with Nexus Mod Manager, and It functions Perfectly. 

Okay, are you using Nexus Mod Manager version 0.65.2 from nexusmods?  https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

I am still confused though, as far as I know all the mod managers (vortex, FOMM) does was to install NX to the correct path for NX's two .dlls (nvse_extender.dll & nvse_extender_ng.dll) to data/nvse/plugins/ .

So as long as the two .dlls are in their respective path they should be "installed correctly" right?

Anyway since you had success with NMM I am going to try one last time ? here goes another hour.

Edit: Wow, NMM was extremely buggy on my end. While installing any Sexout mods it keeps giving me script error messages and further google-fu shows that it was not recommended for installing fnv related mods and that Nexus themselves opt for vortex instead of NMM. Oh well, looks like another strike 3 for me.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:18 PM, PeonXD said:

Okay, are you using Nexus Mod Manager version 0.65.2 from nexusmods?  https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/4/?tab=files

I am still confused though, as far as I know all the mod managers (vortex, FOMM) does was to install NX to the correct path for NX's two .dlls (nvse_extender.dll & nvse_extender_ng.dll) to data/nvse/plugins/ .

So as long as the two .dlls are in their respective path they should be "installed correctly" right?

Anyway since you had success with NMM I am going to try one last time ? here goes another hour.

Edit: Wow, NMM was extremely buggy on my end. While installing any Sexout mods it keeps giving me script error messages and further google-fu shows that it was not recommended for installing fnv related mods and that Nexus themselves opt for vortex instead of NMM. Oh well, looks like another strike 3 for me.

Manual install to the path given for this and you will be fine.

NMM broke the other two nights ago. It wont recognize Mods. keeps saying they are missing info. i even tried re installing. I am in the process of learning to use MO 2. But took a little break because i have to do all my games and all my mods over again, and frankly, I am Pissed. When I get bored with the VN's I will start working and learning MO 2. NMM can rot. ;(

57 minutes ago, Soulbringer1 said:

NMM broke the other two nights ago. It wont recognize Mods. keeps saying they are missing info. i even tried re installing. I am in the process of learning to use MO 2. But took a little break because i have to do all my games and all my mods over again, and frankly, I am Pissed. When I get bored with the VN's I will start working and learning MO 2. NMM can rot. ;(

Make sure your game folder is COMPLETELY CLEAN of all mods and data other that what is given by the game.  Otherwise it won't be pleasant...

good news is if you didn't... keep going on installing and when you are done you can clean the game folder properly just make sure your MO folder isnt' there. lol. 

there is lots of support for MO ... on the web, videos etc.

Benifit you likely didn't think of.. If you have a "local install" you can just drag and drop (copy that off somewhere) when you have an excellent setup that you really like. Then if something screws up or you just want to play it again (in my case a few years later) you can drag and drop it... make sure the settings is pointing to the proper folders etc, and enjoy.. You might have to update some of the mods but not difficult since all the mods are independent.

Also, you can reach into any mod and see the files, tweak them or even mod them out side of the game!

On 12/17/2018 at 5:52 PM, RitualClarity said:

Make sure your game folder is COMPLETELY CLEAN of all mods and data other that what is given by the game.  Otherwise it won't be pleasant...

good news is if you didn't... keep going on installing and when you are done you can clean the game folder properly just make sure your MO folder isnt' there. lol. 

there is lots of support for MO ... on the web, videos etc.

Benifit you likely didn't think of.. If you have a "local install" you can just drag and drop (copy that off somewhere) when you have an excellent setup that you really like. Then if something screws up or you just want to play it again (in my case a few years later) you can drag and drop it... make sure the settings is pointing to the proper folders etc, and enjoy.. You might have to update some of the mods but not difficult since all the mods are independent.

Also, you can reach into any mod and see the files, tweak them or even mod them out side of the game!

MO 2 would not load thru skse for skyrim. It kept popping steam up. SO, i said to heck with MO 2. Back to a totally fresh install of NMM and All Games. I cant remember which FO 4 mod Broke NMM. It was , I Honestly believe , From a Certain Mod. I am going to try and Back track to figure it out. I already got bored with my Virtual Novel Games. lol 

Hey Ladies and Gents,  It was the Groovatron .  Someone had took and converted it. I followed his instructions . which were to install FO 3 Groovatron first. Then install his over it. Only The files were needed, (FO 3 Files).  BUT, That is the one that Broke it. I am doing Skyrim Now, It seams to be going fine.

17 hours ago, Soulbringer1 said:

MO 2 would not load thru skse for skyrim. It kept popping steam up. SO, i said to heck with MO 2. Back to a totally fresh install of NMM and All Games. I cant remember which FO 4 mod Broke NMM. It was , I Honestly believe , From a Certain Mod. I am going to try and Back track to figure it out. I already got bored with my Virtual Novel Games. lol 

If you decided to try again. check the Steps instructions on setting up SKSE. Likely just a setting was wrong even though normally (if I remember correctly) it auto seances it.

In any case, all is good so long as you have a good manager that works for you.

Oh also there is a video from Gopher on setting up NVSE / skyrim as well. Good resource.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...