• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello esteemed ladies and gentlemen. I was about to post asking why my FONV told me the NX doesn't install properly when it has. Then I got the idea to check my NVSE version and found that it's actually version 2. TWO! I upgraded it to 5 and at least my game loads.

Moral of the story: be thorough in ye troubleshooting and thou shalt find it.

I got main SxO installed, looking forward to Spunk.

finally given up on this extender/sexout issues not being installed correctly - must have reloaded the game 10 times now, tried every placement of the files on this whole site and only get the issue with sexout - spent way to many hours trying to get it working on new vegas - really enjoyed the mod on both fallout goty and skyrim and doesn't want to know new vegas and the message is always the same install 16 extender correctly, like we're stupid right haha

finally given up on this extender/sexout issues not being installed correctly - must have reloaded the game 10 times now, tried every placement of the files on this whole site and only get the issue with sexout - spent way to many hours trying to get it working on new vegas - really enjoyed the mod on both fallout goty and skyrim and doesn't want to know new vegas and the message is always the same install 16 extender correctly, like we're stupid right haha

Except the correct placement. There is a check you can do in the OP to make sure it is placed correctly. If needed extract the files and create the proper file paths and put them there, again instructions in the OP on how to do that in a spoiler in case there was an issue with the mod manager being used ;). Finally... there is a tutorial by BruceWayne in my sig that shows you physically with pictures on where to place the files for sexout and how to get it up and running.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know if it worked

Why don't you go check to see if it worked then?

What exactly do you mean? The game start etc, but i try to figure out why the animations stop in the middle while doing a wolf for example, i get t-pose for a short time, then stuck in the wolf and he continues and never ends. and i thought my wrong installtion is fault,

i dont know if it worked

Why don't you go check to see if it worked then?

What exactly do you mean?

You did not say you were experiencing issues. You just said you didn't know if it worked, and the easiest way to find out if something works is to check to see if it works, so I recommended you check to see if it works. If you have confirmed it doesn't work, obviously you do know if it worked.

You install the NVSE Extender with MO the exact same way you install anything else with MO. Create a mod folder for it and then install the files in that folder as if you were installing them in the FNV data folder.

okay thank you. Sometimes i speak before i think xD

Yes. After installing the FMOD version you should be able to open the extender in the Explorer in MO and see the folders as they should appear (file path found in a spoiler in the OP). I have installed it and no problems. your problems are something unrelated to the installation process.

/nvse/plugins/

• 1 month later...

Did a test install with NMM, since it's pretty easy to undo if it messes up. It looks like it does manage to put the files where they belong. (Meaning the .dll files are in the right folder. I've not tried any mods with it yet.) Just wanted to let you know.

Did a test install with NMM, since it's pretty easy to undo if it messes up. It looks like it does manage to put the files where they belong. (Meaning the .dll files are in the right folder. I've not tried any mods with it yet.) Just wanted to let you know.

Yes it does now, the script issue that I believe was the cause has been fixed for sometime now or so I have heard. Many of the other issues that prevented mods to be installed (like this with scripts and such) also seem to be working for NMM.

NO problem if there is ever a question just open up your game data folder and find the files if they are there they have been installed correctly (which you did) for those that don't know what I am talking about check the manual install option in the spoiler on the OP. It will show what and where they should be. If they aren't there and if you ever have a problem with any manager just manually created and drop those files in and all will be good.

• 3 months later...

I'm running Windows 10 and can't get this to work either through Prideslayer's custom FOMM, the NMM or manually with 7Z

I have V5.0 of the NVSE.

The message when trying to use 7z is something like "cannot access C:/yaddayaddaboddabing as an archive".

I even tried sticking the download up in a folder on my desktop.

• 4 weeks later...

>Advanced users: Manually extract the fomod with 7z. Copy DLLs to data/nvse/plugins/

-How is 'THAT' advanced ? Sorry, but this is laughable... Copying 2 dll, and pasting them in a folder, is supposed to be for the ''experts'' now ? Somehow, I think that using a strange and custom-made/altered mod manager just to do a **copy/paste** IS the ''advanced'' option... well, unnecessarily complicated, at least.

Also, I don't quite get why you put a *.fomod extension on that file ? I can just rename the extension to *zip and open it, in less than 10sec... without having to worry about some fomod weirdness or in 6months wonder why I have a random ''fomod archive'' sitting in my folders.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for NX it's so damn handy.

I have a bug with NX 16 and adding Package Fragment scripts to a package (the only version I've used).

NX appears to blocking any embedded package script fragments from actually compiling in Geck.

The script embedded Text is saved, but the compiled script and refs are not, which results in the events on the package never firing.

This is affects a package script containing anything at all, even just vanilla functions, statements and refs.

Without NX plugin loaded then all embedded package script fragments compile fine in Geck.

My work around has been to remove NX, load geck, add my script fragment, save, exit geck, add NX and load Geck again.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a better work around?

Thank you for NX it's so damn handy.

I have a bug with NX 16 and adding Package Fragment scripts to a package (the only version I've used).

NX appears to blocking any embedded package script fragments from actually compiling in Geck.

The script embedded Text is saved, but the compiled script and refs are not, which results in the events on the package never firing.

This is affects a package script containing anything at all, even just vanilla functions, statements and refs.

Without NX plugin loaded then all embedded package script fragments compile fine in Geck.

My work around has been to remove NX, load geck, add my script fragment, save, exit geck, add NX and load Geck again.

Is this a known bug?

Is there a better work around?

It is great that you posted on this thread. It is relevant. However the author isn't active currently.

I would suggest that you also post it here.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4320-fallout-new-vegas-geck-scripting-help-101/

Perhaps some of those individuals can help. More eyes on the problem.

If no response in a couple of days.. then post a new thread asking for help. I haven't done anything as heavy as what you are doing so I can't help further. However chances are some of the Fallout / Sexout mod authors have ran into something similar and can help you. Just a matter of getting the correct eyes on the problem.

The actual OP of that above thread has a setup for modding including NX setup. If you haven't checked it out please do so might be a configuration issue that is needed.

Sorry I can't do more.

Based on the below post from DoctaSax perhaps posting the scripts that are failing in a spoiler or txt file for those in the know to look over and see what is happening?