SexoutNG - Stable Release '97

Meh, the reason I bothered installing FONV again was because I figured that with the NMM, I wouldn't have to juggle yet another extra program just to get everything working.

I'll just play Morrowind or Oblivion again or something. Thanks for the info though.

Ah, OK, I see the issue. The anims is designed to be used through a "cloning" script that clones the player and plays the anim in front of the original, which would require the actors be rotated. It wasn't made with Sexout's TFC in mind. 

In that case, I'm not sure what angle the rotation would have to be changed to since now there's more than one actor involved.

The "right" thing to do is still the same, for AJ (or any other animator): Get rid of the animation and translation of bip01 in the animation files. This will make it work correctly in sexout, other standalone mods, etc. It doesn't really matter that it's intended to be played on an NPC and a clone of the PC, or two unrelated NPCs.

After that, whatever AJ is doing with it will stop working -- then that ESP/ESM will need to be adjusted to just move the clone and NPC (or whatever actors) to a position where they're visible to the PC.

Actually it depends on the type of animation being made. some animation still require to use bip01 example walk animation. some of the others also needs to be used with bip01 but sex animation only needs to have bip01 on ground level and bip01NonAccum higher since bip01NonAccuum is what tells the animation what angle it is facing.

if you leave bip01 the same height as bip01NonAccum then the npc feet will be lower then the ground when you view it in game. But it is true if you don't need bip01 never use rotate on that bone because that is when the real problem starts. Only use bip01NonAccum for that.

Meh, the reason I bothered installing FONV again was because I figured that with the NMM, I wouldn't have to juggle yet another extra program just to get everything working.

I'll just play Morrowind or Oblivion again or something. Thanks for the info though.

Yep I agree that having many programs can be a pain. Even using MO which is touted to be able to run the other games mods as well you will still need some FOMM or OBMM etc to unpack process some of the mods you might want to use. Unfortunately mod managers aren't quite there yet.

I've read there was some confusion so I just tried that kiss animation again to take a look, I didn't notice weird things and it works good for me.

That animation was made inside Blender and exported as it is, this means the two actors are facing right. It works without angle offsets for me, with a setpos of both actors in the same position and the animation is triggered by playidle. I don't know how it acts on SO because it wasn't intended for SO, but let me add that if I playidle one of DManx animations (the one I asked you some time ago, with a lot of frames, to make my tries with de-sync) I must use an offset of 180° on one of the two actors, so I assume SO standard needs something like rotating one of the two actors 180 degrees.

Also, both actors don't "float" for me, my Z is correct.

The only "issue" is the fact they both will rotate 90 degrees at start of animation, as Prideslayer said they "swing", it's a common "feature" as I've read in a tutorial by Jonas once, when I did that animation I still didn't know that. Since I usually loop animations, I don't care that much, it's something that happens only at start and while it's looping it doesn't happen again and everything loops smooth. It's not unaestetical, at least not more than seing actors warping before the anim starts, if you hear me.

To be more precise about the angle swing, this means that if both start at 0 angle, when the animation will trigger one will face at 270 and the other one will face at 90, they still have 180 degrees of difference that let them facing correctly, since as I said this is how they were facing on Blender before the export.

If you see some discrepancy on numbers of frames used between the Blender file and the kf, it could be because I have ton of files and different versions. I "assume" the one I posted was the latest one before the exporting but I could be wrong, I really get lost among my files. But also think that I modify the text data inside the nif after I export from Blender since they are always different from what I usually expect, i.e. it says the anim lasts 2 seconds while it should last 3 seconds, I simply change it. I assume this comes from the fact I use Labrat's tutorial to make an animation modifying an existing one, and I don't know how to change it inside of Blender, I realized that thing inside nifskope on my own and I'm sticking with it since it works good.

If you think the scene is too "high", think that they are vanilla modified animations, so ask Beth why they did that. If a vanilla works correctly, I modify it and it still works correctly, for me is ok. I never started from scratch an animation since as I said I stick with Labrat's tutorial, I still have to find a better tutorial which explains me how to work, so I take an existing animation and add my interpolations, then export and then I change the name inside the nif as Labrat says. This also means I don't use baked constraints and all, maybe Beth used that.

I must use an offset of 180° on one of the two actors, so I assume SO standard needs something like rotating one of the two actors 180 degrees.

This is correct. Sexout expects the animations to not rotate the actors at all -- it handles rotating them itself. This is how the vanilla animations are, and it makes it easier for different animations to be combined. The first (demo) 3somes I added to sexout worked this way -- They combined an existing standing blowjob with a male actor playing a standing doggy-style sex animation.

You can imagine how difficult it would be to continue to combine animations in this way if some are rotating a different direction and/or different amount tha others. For this reason, and others, it's best if they simply have no rotation at all. When they also translate (move, swing, orbit) that makes matters even worse.

The Z issue was in the 'fixed' one DMan created for me, I didn't see it in your original.

I realize the animation was not intended for sexout. CK asked if I could include it, so I tried, and the rotating issue was the result. DMan offered his assistance but that didn't help either. If you don't want to adjust them, that's fine. CK has said he'll find another way to make use of it.

actually that is not true. when i checked your blender file. both actors are set really high in the air. even in blender it was visible how high you set both actors. this would have been fixed if you would lower the bip01 to be at the same height as the npc feet that will then represent ground level. but normally they actually advice never even rotate bip01 unless you need too when creating walk cycle. if you don't the actor will moon walk and never even go forward or back wards due to bip01 staying at the same location.

The male side seem to be fixed if i turn bip01NonAcuum to 0 to be at ground level only the female side stiill need to be fixed this way.

post-160974-0-79199900-1394035458_thumb.jpg

1004a.7z

DManxx: As I said, you can see they are very high but THEY ARE A VANILLA ANIM IMPORTED, this means I didn't put them out there, Beth did, and it's not something like a crucifix anim (where they are very high and you can see it ingame too, when anim starts they "jump" high), it is a conversation vanilla anim. And still, it works correctly, you don't see NPCs jumping high when they speak. So, when a vanilla anim works correctly ingame, I import it, modify it and export, and it still works ok for me, I really don't ask myself questions on why Beth placed those Bip so high. If this doesn't work for you and they are floating, there's must be something else, my knowledge about it is so limited that since I can't find better tutorials I prefer sticking with vanilla since it works for me. I can't use SO or any other ways you are trying them in game as a reference, since I don't know what's behind it. As I said, what I only do in my script is a simple setpos and playidle, they don't float nor face in a wrong way. You know more about anims, so pull your conclusions about it since unfortunately I can't tell you more than "it works flawless for me".

And please YOU ALL (generally speaking) take seriously this sentence: the fact sometimes I can do few tricks with machinima doesn't mean I like to post fake videos of what actually happens ingame. It is definetely pointless and please don't think something like that. A video just helps to describe better when sometimes I find hard to explain it with words.

I must use an offset of 180° on one of the two actors, so I assume SO standard needs something like rotating one of the two actors 180 degrees.

This is correct. Sexout expects the animations to not rotate the actors at all -- it handles rotating them itself. This is how the vanilla animations are, and it makes it easier for different animations to be combined. The first (demo) 3somes I added to sexout worked this way -- They combined an existing standing blowjob with a male actor playing a standing doggy-style sex animation.

You can imagine how difficult it would be to continue to combine animations in this way if some are rotating a different direction and/or different amount tha others. For this reason, and others, it's best if they simply have no rotation at all. When they also translate (move, swing, orbit) that makes matters even worse.

The Z issue was in the 'fixed' one DMan created for me, I didn't see it in your original.

I realize the animation was not intended for sexout. CK asked if I could include it, so I tried, and the rotating issue was the result. DMan offered his assistance but that didn't help either. If you don't want to adjust them, that's fine. CK has said he'll find another way to make use of it.

Ok Prideslayer, it's not an issue for me on correcting it, but you know how some operations could need many hours. I really would like to understand it better, or if one day I'll do a SO animation I will do the same mistakes.

- From what I understood from Jonas, after importing an animation I must rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise, is it correct?

- In this case, since I animate the whole couple, is it ok I rotate one 90 degrees counterclockwise and the other one 90 degrees clockwise? take the kiss animation as example.

- But also: how SO manages it? I understand there must be a standard and I like it, I just want to stick with it to avoid future issues. If it turns one of the actors 180 degrees, does it means they both must face in the same direction to create the animation? but if it's so, why that? I mean, it's quite hard creating a couple animation in those circumstances, wouldn't be easier that both actors use the same angle in the script, or maybe introducing an optional Z offset  so that you can work freely inside Blender? to make an example: I can get a sheep animation *** SEE BELOW *** has both actors facing in the same way, but a ride animation has both actors facing each other (so they are facing 180° each other)

- If I replace a SO animation with a custom one, why it is misaligned? I assume it introduce a custom X-Y offset for the single actors? Are you the one which handles these offsets or it's something people can freely configure without annoying you?

- Instead of bothering you all with all the doubts about it, is there a clear tutorial that explains me better how to work with it? When I started I looked at the "so you want to do animations" thread, but as I said the only good one I found was Labrat's tutorial which is very very clear but it leaves many question marks as for example "why should I work on a premade anim instead of starting from scratch?" "why should I rename it with the previous name when it's obvious that some animations have custom names? this means some people do them from scratch or change the names..." etc.etc.

*** I just realized sheep animation is called doggy... different languages, different animals...

And please YOU ALL (generally speaking) take seriously this sentence: the fact sometimes I can do few tricks with machinima doesn't mean I like to post fake videos of what actually happens ingame. It is definetely pointless and please don't think something like that. A video just helps to describe better when sometimes I find hard to explain it with words.

I don't think anyone accused you of 'faking' anything, just editing, which isn't a bad thing for machinma stuff obviously. CK was confused about why the rotation wasn't happening outside of sexout and I had to 'prove' to him that it was. I think he only watched your video and didn't try it himself (except with sexout) and so he thought sexout was the 'problem' since he didn't see it in the youtube video.

Ok Prideslayer, it's not an issue for me on correcting it, but you know how some operations could need many hours. I really would like to understand it better, or if one day I'll do a SO animation I will do the same mistakes.

It's entirely up to you. As I said, I realize it's not an animation intended for sexout, and you didn't ask me to include it. It's working for your purposes and therefore, it's not broken. If you do want it (or other animations) included in sexout at some point, they need to not have rotation issues, at least for now.

The offset correcting script is already too large and unwieldy. Tracking rotational corrections in it as well, for the time being, is just not going to happen. When the rewrite of that code is done (after the random picker), it'll be easier.

- From what I understood from Jonas, after importing an animation I must rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise, is it correct?

No, do not rotate them at all. If you open up a .kf in nifskope you can look at bip01 and you'll see that, for most of them, neither rotation nor position is touched -- they're all 0.0000 (or -0.0000).

It's possible that you need to rotate them if you create them from scratch, but you said you started from an existing animation and modified it -- which would mean it's already rotated. Ask DMan here or zazChris, both of them know a lot more about the details of FO animation than I do.

- In this case, since I animate the whole couple, is it ok I rotate one 90 degrees counterclockwise and the other one 90 degrees clockwise? take the kiss animation as example.

No. Do not rotate any of the actors, ever. I realize you need to rotate them in blender so you can get them to line up -- I think there's something you can do in the NIF/KF export to remove the rotation though.

- But also: how SO manages it? I understand there must be a standard and I like it, I just want to stick with it to avoid future issues. If it turns one of the actors 180 degrees, does it means they both must face in the same direction to create the animation? but if it's so, why that? I mean, it's quite hard creating a couple animation in those circumstances, wouldn't be easier that both actors use the same angle in the script, or maybe introducing an optional Z offset  so that you can work freely inside Blender? to make an example: I can get a sheep animation has both actors facing in the same way, but a ride animation has both actors facing each other (so they are facing 180° each other)

SO expects all the animation files to not rotate the actors at all, and to only slightly adjust their positions if needed. If you must adjust the actor positions, then adjust the one for A (and C) if need be, but not B.

Sexout itself handles the position and rotation for the actors. It must, since their starting positions and orientations are completely unknown. They could start off facing back to back 20 feet apart. It must be able to move them to a starting position that allows the animation to look correct. To do this it always starts them in exactly the same location, and then rotates them in exactly the same way, regardless of the animation.

1. They are put in exactly the same x/y/z location, overlapping each other.

2. Actor A and actor C are rotated in relation to actorB so their facing is: A-> <-B <-C

If I replace a SO animation with a custom one, why it is misaligned? I assume it introduce a custom X-Y offset for the single actors? Are you the one which handles these offsets or it's something people can freely configure without annoying you?

I prefer the animations be created in such a way that they don't require any offsets, but many of the existing ones do. At the end of the day, the animations can never be perfectly aligned. Different body types and actor scales require different offsets, foot IK screws up offsets and cannot be turned off in a script, etc.

When you're testing the animation, the best thing to do is create yourself a simple ESP that just adds your animation in the developer range (10000+). That way you can test it without possibly getting offsets intended for the animation you're replacing. When I add the animation to sexout, I test it and will check and adjust the offsets anyway. If it requires massive offset changes then I'll tell you and wait for a fix.

- Instead of bothering you all with all the doubts about it, is there a clear tutorial that explains me better how to work with it? When I started I looked at the "so you want to do animations" thread, but as I said the only good one I found was Labrat's tutorial which is very very clear but it leaves many question marks as for example "why should I work on a premade anim instead of starting from scratch?" "why should I rename it with the previous name when it's obvious that some animations have custom names? this means some people do them from scratch or change the names..." etc.etc.

I really am not an animator so I don't know if that's what you're asking me or not. If you search around, Donkey (before he left) had some great threads and posts here. If you mean about sexout, there are instructions included that will be in data/SexoutNGDocs. The one you want is "NG - how to add anims.txt". It's a little outdated, some steps you can skip like the esp/esm bit since GECK+NVSE (or is it powerup) lets you edit ESMs now, and so on, but it explains the process.

So if i understand this part correctly if both animation are kept at 0 angle with Bip01NonAccum then sexout will work right ??

Normally if you want an animation to be facing forward in-game you need to turn Bip01NonAccum to -90 and +90 to have it face backwards. So this will explain why one animation plays right and i need to use gerra script to make the second animation rotated again 180 degrees. So how i keep the angle in blender to have both actors in an correct angle when porting without using gerra script ?

So if i understand this part correctly if both animation are kept at 0 angle with Bip01NonAccum then sexout will work right ??

Normally if you want an animation to be facing forward in-game you need to turn Bip01NonAccum to -90 and +90 to have it face backwards. So this will explain why one animation plays right and i need to use gerra script to make the second animation rotated again 180 degrees. So hoe i keep the angle in blender to have both actors in an correct angle when porting without using gerra script ?

I don't know the details in bip01 vs. bip01nonaccum and so on. I don't know what gerra script is either. To be honest I don't even know the difference between them. When I tried to 'fix' the kiss I looked at bip01, bip01nonaccum, bip01 spine.. I had no idea which one was responsible for what was going on, and that's why I couldn't fix it.

What I know for certain is simply this: If the animation is correct (for sexout), it should play in game and in the geck preview window without the actor 'moving' to a different x/y/z location, and without rotating.

If you look at any of the vanilla non-locomotion animations this way, like clapping, waving, etc., you'll see that the actor does not rotate or move from their position when the animation plays. This is how sexout expects them to work as well.

Sorry PrideSlayer I wrote bad. Of course you must place the actors in the right position because they can be very far away. I was meaning if you use some offset for the single actors instead of only align them in the same coordinates. I usually create the animations with the whole couple in Blender so I don't need offsets, but the last one I created I tried to invoke it with SO, replacing the files: it was misaligned on the X, so I suppose it's something you had to introduce to correct the original animation. Thank you, I'll take a look at that document so maybe I can add a new one without offset when I'm trying it.

No, do not rotate them at all.

I'm still... not really sure about it. I really feel there's something during the import/export with Blender.  Now I never used Gerra's script nor I know what it exactly does, but I think all the animations have this common issue about rotation which implies some rotation or that "swing" will occur. The kiss animation wasn't rotated in Blender, only one of the two actors so that he could face the first actor. But still as you can see they both swing after the export, one +90 and the other one -90.  I want to make more tries and understand something more. I would feel more confortable if I could simply start from scratch, when I'll ever realize how to do that... Anyway I thought about that when I've read Jonas' tutorial. I think if you import a vanilla one (which doesn't rotate, as you say) and then you export it, it will rotate. I'm not really sure about it, but as DManxx says "Normally if you want an animation to be facing forward in-game you need to turn Bip01NonAccum to -90 and +90 to have it face backwards." I THINK it's the same thing I mean, I think it's something concerning the import/export but as I said I feel more confortable in doing more tries.

By the way, the node I use to rotate them, to make them facing each other, is the one inside the hip. You know there are two bones out there, one rotates only the whole lower part (the legs), the other one rotates the whole actor: I use this last one and I also move it when the actor must walk.

Those who made the old animations did in some different way, maybe starting from scratch wouldn't have this issue. They gave custom names to animations (like SpecialIdle_RideHim) so they surely knew more than what's included in Labrat's tutorial, I must look for Donkey's tutorials then.

Maybe my animations won't be included in SO, but it's not a good point, I really would prefer sticking with your standard so if one day they will be included you can do it easily. Correcting every frame or interpolation, especially when they have movement, is a real pain...

pride then maybe something is wrong with the rotation scripts.

This is how the animation for vanilla is set and even though it right it wil still put the second charatcer in the wrong angle that is also why i am forced to rotate the second character with gerra scripts.

This time i have not even touched bip01 just moved bip01nonAccum higher and now it will not only raise the animation but still make the characters rotate wrong.

DMan, I think it's something wrong with the export/niflib or whatever then, but really I don't know -- I'm just describing what the end result should be, not the process to get there.

All I can tell you for certain is that sexout has a few hundred different animation files (800 of them even, on the human side) and only one of them (the bloatfly) needs me to monkey around with the heading/rotation. The others all work exactly the same way.

So if you make a new one and plug it into sexout, and the rotations are wrong -- then they're wrong in the animation file, at least as far as using them with sexout is concerned.

bat file is not that just commands from your post made into bat file to quickly test in game like i only need to type bat 1 etc. and click on the npc and then the npc will play the animation with the number selected in it.

Or else i need to type allot of commands before the animation would even play. bat file was just a short cut.

bat file is not that just commands from your post made into bat file to quickly test in game like i only need to type bat 1 etc. and click on the npc and then the npc will play the animation with the number selected in it.

Or else i need to type allot of commands before the animation would even play. bat file was just a short cut.

To test one side with playidle, just find the 'name' of the animation in the idle controller in the GECK and use it with playidle. Most of them (a few very old ones are not named this way) are named SNGxxxxY where xxxx is the anim #, and Y is A, B, or C; e.g. to test 961A you just open the console, click the NPC and type:

playidle SNG961a

To test both sides with sexout is four commands, open the console and click on the target NPC, and then:

set "xx000C0".anim to 961
set "xx01933".actora to getself
set "xx01933".actorb to player
cios xx0027a8
Those three ref IDs are displayed in the console when sexout first starts, so you don't have to memorize them.

My point above is that with "incorrect" ones like the kiss, no matter which method you use, you'll see the rotating/moving, and it's present in the GECK as well. So you can check for it with just the one line playidle, or in the geck, whichever is easiest for you. It'll be the same in all three situations.

Except.. maybe the flying/hovering bit. I don't know if the geck preview ignores vertical offsets or not.

set "xx000C0".anim to 961

set "xx01933".actora to getself

set "xx01933".actorb to player

cios xx0027a8

yep that is what i use in a bat file. so i won't have to type all that in the console.

Except.. maybe the flying/hovering bit. I don't know if the geck preview ignores vertical offsets or not.

Actually that what you use Bip01NonAccuum for. that bone is what determine what angle the animation is facing and how high it will be in game. Bip01 only resemblance the ground you walk on, anything animated that gets under the Bip01 will be placed lower in game (underground)

And you're saying you saw it do the misalignment thing that way, but you didn't see the actors move with playidle or in the geck? Or are you just talking about the vertical offset thing, which I haven't seen anywhere either except in the one you quickly tried to adjust.

I found the clue in the angle of the animation

in blender:

post-160974-0-72046300-1394192106_thumb.jpg

in Game:

post-160974-0-49121000-1394192128_thumb.jpg

Those bones make it difficult to determine what angle Bip01NonAccum is compared to Bip01 That is the clue. Bip01 gives any animator the option to quickly move the entire armature into any angle without fucking the rotation of the animation.

It is Bip01NonAccuum that needs to be correctly set compared to Bip01 that tells the animation how to play in game. So in order to have the animations correctly so sexout can read them, you need to make Bip01NonAccuum for the first animation towards Bip01 and the second armature you need to set the Bip01NonAccuum away from Bip01 to have them correctly now you ask yourself. how is this any good the 2 characters are now facing each other i want them both to face forward. Well now rotate Bip01 180 degrees for the second armature and this will make them fixed to face to the same direction in game if you don't do this then sexout will just rotate the second armature to the other angle and have them 180 degrees wrongly rotated.

it looks like i will have to fix this part in the rigged armature i released here. but it should be an easy fix.

I won't be releasing new rig till i get DocL skeleton rigged with the 3bone setup for breast.

Btw no nifscope was even needed to fix this part. But just blender only. The only thing for nifscope was set clamp to loop

btw this fix is good. because the animation will not rotate but keep pointing into the same direction you talked to the npc. some animation will rotate the npc sideways but now the animation will start in forward position.

I'm new on NV.

I installed all required mods and evything seems to work very fine. My own girl uses the BoG body and I'm happy with.

BUT ...

having sex with this mod, the males are all "traspearent" except for head and hands.

I don't know why and I don't know how to exactly do.

I have all working fine, normally. The Archive Validation mod is on. New textures and meshes for females work fine. Only this thing with males is broken.

Some help, please?

During the installation of Sexout you were prompted to use Roberts or Breezes body or no body. Chances are you selected no body. Try checking out (or reloading Sexout) and see if that pops up. Or if you are adventurous you can extract the FMOD and find the bsa of the body you desire and drag and drop into the Data folder besides Sexout.esm. That should solve the problem.

The above is assuming that you are actually in third person and not using another male body re placer. If you are not in third person try that. If you are using another male body re-placer try removing it and see if it fixes the issue. In that case you most likely have a body mod that don't have or isn't named correctly for Sexout to access during sex. (it is actually a different body used and swapped out during sex and returned to the regular body afterwards. )

I didn't see any prompt about the use of this or that body during sexout ng installation (FOMM used).

Anyhow, I've the Breezes male body, erect, hairy, normally installed (no error reported).

But I still not see the body, only head and hands.

I tried also to remove the Breezes' files (via FOMM) and all fixes. No luck. Still male transparent.

The only one time I saw a male correctly, was when I tried AnimatedProtitution (I unistalled it almost immediately because too much buggy).

SORRY,I think to have found that I'm a bit stupid. The "Data" of  SexOutNG was not activated (I don't know why but it wasn't). Trying again.