Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

Hey guys, so I just finished my first conversion? however, when I preview the outfit in BS everything's fine, it fits perfectly to all the presets. But when I load it in game and equip it, the outfit goes back to it's original body, like it was never converted to begin with. My only guess is because I'm still using the original .esp plugin that came with the outfit. Please correct me if I'm wrong you guys.

Do I have to make a new .esp then?

If that is the case, how would I even do that?

3 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

Most all of Nsut's stuff (BDO NINI Blessed etc) has already been converted. This is just a compilation of his older stuff without the body sliders. Google is your friend. You can find the sliders for each set in there. I'll pass on it.

oh wow i didnt even know who Nsut was; found his website, so thanks for referencing him. had no idea about this. only sad thing is not all of them have been converted from what i can tell like the costume i highlighted. thanks though!

27 minutes ago, Charmandur said:

Hey guys, so I just finished my first conversion? however, when I preview the outfit in BS everything's fine, it fits perfectly to all the presets. But when I load it in game and equip it, the outfit goes back to it's original body, like it was never converted to begin with. My only guess is because I'm still using the original .esp plugin that came with the outfit. Please correct me if I'm wrong you guys.

Double check that on the "Save Project As..." window the "Output File Name" and "Output Data Path" match the ones of the original and then rebuild it in BS. If even a single sign is different in either, Skyrim will consider it a seperate outfit, rather than a repalcement.

The other lines you can name however you like, but these two lines are esential for the outfit to work.

Oh and if there was a typo in there, you might want to navigate to the place and delete the wrong file or folder. It won't cause any problem for the game as such, but I like to keep my folders tidy. ^^ No need to waste disk-space and increasee the loading time of the game by a 1/1000th or whatever of a second. :D

It also can't hurt to restart BodySlide between saving a new project and actually building it. Sometimes not doing so can result in weird issues.

25 minutes ago, Charmandur said:

You don't need to create a new esp. In most of my convert I still use the original esp, I only need to edit the esp if the outfit has texture set (to reorder the texture).

If the outfit still has original body, it may because:

- You forgot to build the outfit in BS

- You change the name of the file while saving the outfit in OS, so when you build the outfit in BS, it creates new nif files instead of modify the original nif. 

1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Double check that on the "Save Project As..." window the "Output File Name" and "Output Data Path" match the ones of the original and then rebuild it in BS. If even a single sign is different in either, Skyrim will consider it a seperate outfit, rather than a repalcement.

The other lines you can name however you like, but these two lines are esential for the outfit to work.

Oh and if there was a typo in there, you might want to navigate to the place and delete the wrong file or folder. It won't cause any problem for the game as such, but I like to keep my folders tidy. ^^ No need to waste disk-space and increasee the loading time of the game by a 1/1000th or whatever of a second. :D

It also can't hurt to restart BodySlide between saving a new project and actually building it. Sometimes not doing so can result in weird issues.

1 hour ago, Amethyst456 said:

You don't need to create a new esp. In most of my convert I still use the original esp, I only need to edit the esp if the outfit has texture set (to reorder the texture).

If the outfit still has original body, it may because:

- You forgot to build the outfit in BS

- You change the name of the file while saving the outfit in OS, so when you build the outfit in BS, it creates new nif files instead of modify the original nif. 

From what both of you said, I think I might've found my problem maybe... Output file/data were never touched, I did notice that the original mod only had a single weight .nif file when I was converting, and when I filled out the "Save Project As..." window I chose the Low/High weight output. That's why when I built it, the new _0/_1 .nif file appeared. Was that my mistake??

I'm double checking with you guys, cause converting is VERY time-consuming.?

Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler

9670095_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.47ea07b0e0d82860cb273ad55efb0ca5.png

46 minutes ago, Charmandur said:

From what both of you said, I think I might've found my problem maybe... Output file/data were never touched, I did notice that the original mod only had a single weight .nif file when I was converting, and when I filled out the "Save Project As..." window I chose the Low/High weight output. That's why when I built it, the new _0/_1 .nif file appeared. Was that my mistake??

I'm double checking with you guys, cause converting is VERY time-consuming.?

Here's a screenshot:

Hide contents

9670095_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.47ea07b0e0d82860cb273ad55efb0ca5.png

Yes, creating a weighted version is creating an _0 and _1 nif, while a single weight version doesn't have a number.

I never converted a single weight outfit, but I would try to delete the outfit's original .nif file and see if then the _0.nif and _1.nif are used. And if now, you can open the project and save it as a single weight one and then build that.

1 hour ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Yes, creating a weighted version is creating an _0 and _1 nif, while a single weight version doesn't have a number.

I never converted a single weight outfit, but I would try to delete the outfit's original .nif file and see if then the _0.nif and _1.nif are used. And if now, you can open the project and save it as a single weight one and then build that.

I got it to work, but the outfit can only be used as a single weight.?‍♂️ If I delete the original nif even though I have the weighted versions in there, the outfit would be invisible in-game. The outfit is strictly single weight, no way around it. I had to start somewhere, it just so happens to be a single weighted outfit haha. I know most outfits are usually weighted not just a single weight.

I did once see an outfit that just had a _1 .nif no low weight nif. Does that mean even if you were to convert it, it only works as high weight??

Thank you for your help.?

1 hour ago, Charmandur said:

I got it to work, but the outfit can only be used as a single weight.?‍♂️ If I delete the original nif even though I have the weighted versions in there, the outfit would be invisible in-game. The outfit is strictly single weight, no way around it. I had to start somewhere, it just so happens to be a single weighted outfit haha. I know most outfits are usually weighted not just a single weight.

I did once see an outfit that just had a _1 .nif no low weight nif. Does that mean even if you were to convert it, it only works as high weight??

Thank you for your help.?

The esp must also have the flag for supporting the weight slider, i posted this before in this thread. So even if you have _0 and _1 nif it wont work unless you have that flag set in esp under the _AA of the outfit piece, see below. Can be done in xEdit no CK required.

image.png.42cfe36801fa09a7ddf14317dc758cb4.png

If you convert it in OS it will have both weights assuming you click the box in outfit studio's project dialog that says make both weights but again the esp must enable it.

image.png.35fa7cc296ee5e7b715c0cfcd91748dd.png

Hope this helps

EDITED: additional clarity.

7 hours ago, Papadrino said:

You can use "Texture sets" here is a guide: Texture Sets

Or you can do this:
  Hide contents
7 hours ago, Papadrino said:

You can use "Texture sets" here is a guide: Texture Sets

Or you can do this:

The above suggestions are both very good, one comment I want bring to people attention when converting outfits that all use the "same model" but appear like they are just re-textures of the same model. Keep in mind there are 2 reasons to do it this that should be considered first.

1. Its easy for the author to replicate these quickly like shown in the video, the negative to this method is the increase in package file size due to the inclusion of additional meshes.

2. Even though the meshes appear "the same" they may have different BSLightingShaderProperty values specific to the textures, NiAlphaProperty being most common. But glossiness, specular, and specular color also may be different so check these properties before assuming you can use textures sets because you cannot set these properties using textures sets, they are set at the mesh level.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, Sorceress99 said:

Easiet way is to make go into BSLightningShadderProperty in Nifskope and make your 'Alpha' number less than 1.  The better way is...

Adding transparency to NIF.txt 1.89 kB · 14 downloads

The first half of your text file is kind of the "long" way to do it in my opinion. (Using Nifskope 2.0 dev 7)

Just right click the NiTriShape and select "Node" > "Attach Property" > select "NiAlphaProperty", this way it is already attached to the proper node and you don't have to do the extra steps to attach it properly.

People should read that text file though as there is also really good tip on using AssumeShadowMask property to fix color issues I have seen when using ENB. I have been using it quite a bit to solve that problem.

EDITED: typos, my typing sucks.

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

The esp must also have the flag for supporting the weight slider, i posted this before in this thread. So even if you have _0 and _1 nif it wont work unless you have that flag set in esp under the _AA of the outfit piece, see below. Can be done in xEdit no CK required.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.42cfe36801fa09a7ddf14317dc758cb4.png

If you convert it in OS it will have both weights assuming you click the box in outfit studio's project dialog that says make both weights but again the esp must enable it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.35fa7cc296ee5e7b715c0cfcd91748dd.png

Hope this helps

EDITED: additional clarity.

Okay, so since this outfit doesn't have the "flag" to support the weight slider it won't work. TBH I really don't know what you're talking about when you say "flag" Is it the (+ and -) thing? I'm guessing xEdit is the same thing as TESVEdit, probably an updated version of it correct?

This is what it looks like in TESVEdit:

Spoiler

503126812_Screenshot(17).png.265852809b068ac355b8a787ef43e66f.png

17 minutes ago, Charmandur said:

Okay, so since this outfit doesn't have the "flag" to support the weight slider it won't work. TBH I really don't know what you're talking about when you say "flag" Is it the (+ and -) thing? I'm guessing xEdit is the same thing as TESVEdit, probably an updated version of it correct?

This is what it looks like in TESVEdit:

Reveal hidden contents

503126812_Screenshot(17).png.265852809b068ac355b8a787ef43e66f.png

Yes its called xEdit but its "renamed" for Skyrim, Fallout and NewVegas, so yes TesVEdit is the same as xEdit. (current version is 4.02)

https://www.patreon.com/ElminsterAU

The term "flag" is just how i have heard other people refer to it but it is essentially a variable or switch of that data property.

You can see in your screen shot the slider support is missing.

image.png.2238cddd35d1ffe129d06dfef4e4ab77.png

Right click the box next to "weight slider - female" and choose "edit" and in the dialog select "enabled", repeat for "weight slider - male" if necessary. Save esp.

7 hours ago, Charmandur said:

When you first load the item to convert, note the name of item, its location and rather its using a single weight or the _0/_1 we use mostly. When you save your project you can save it as a single or double weight. Also make sure the output path and file name are correct so that BS writes the output to the original folder. Now comes the part that can be a major PITA. The CK. If you get lucky and your outfits are correct in the game then hooray for you. 85% of the time you will have to make changes to the CK and that can be a real nightmare. If your ourfit is invisible in the game, several things to look for. The wrong or conflicted BiPed slot. the author's failure to assign race choices, failure to assign an armor add-on model to the outfit or the wrong one or missing, corrupt textures or missing or incorrect bones weights. (If any information pertaining to bone weighting and control (xml) is missing ot corrupt, the CK will crash rather quickly)  Next you will need to check all the armor add-on information so that the the game is accessing the correct model (nif). If the author was using a single weight model you will have to change the path to use the correct model if you go with the _0/_1 models. It is also here that you will need to correct any texture swap files to make sure they are being applied correctly and the initial BiPed slots are assigned to each piece. Example is boots use BP37_Feet and curiasses BP_32 Body, etc.  Most time when you make changes to the body shape the texture swap quits working so you have to re-new each piece that was affected. Right now I am having to renew the texture swap files on 75 pieces because I changed the body from UNPB to CBBE. And some of those pieces use 5 different textures so you can see how time consuming and aggravating doing conversions can be.  Its almost 350 texture changes. 

Once all the armor add-on information is correct, the heel sounds have been applied to your footwear, the correct BiPed slot is being used, save your changes, NOTE: I advise saving your changes at intervals because the CK is know for CDTs and losing all your work! Next,  you move over to the armor screen where you make sure each piece is using the correct armor add-on Form ID as assigned in the MODEL window, center bottom.  Sometimes more than 1 armor add-on Form ID may be used but normally its only one.  Also on a note here, the armor add-on Form ID and the armor Form Id must be different. When  I  make major changes to an outfit's ESP I use non alphabetical symbols as my first entry so that the files will always appear at the top of the menus then AA as the last entries to note its an armor add-on file. Example: _DVBootsRedAA is my add-on FormID and 0DVBootsRed is my armor FormID.  Once the correct add-on FormID and BiPed slot (must match add-on slot and the setting the piece uses) is entered for the armor, the rest of the information is optional. Personally, I like to complete all the information so that my conversion is the best it can be. I add world models so that when in the game, you can see the item you are chosing, the armor ratings and vaues and the keywords so the game IDs the item's function in the game. If the item is craftable or can be found at a vendor.  as the saying goes, if you are gonna do something, do it right.  Cheers:beer:

The first half of your text file is kind of the "long" way to do it in my opinion. (Using Nifskope 2.0 dev 7)

Just right click the NiTriShape and select "Node" > "Attach Property" > select "NiAlphaProperty", this way it is already attached to the proper node and you don't have to do the extra steps to attach it properly.

People should read that text file though as there is also really good tip on using AssumeShadowMask property to fix color issues I have seen when using ENB. I have been using it quite a bit to solve that problem.

EDITED: typos, my typing sucks.

Mine does too is why I just posted the text file I first used to do transparencies.

6 hours ago, lafourminoir said:

any CBBE bodyslide for tis armor ?

Aetherium Gladiator Armor - Female -CBBE-

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34904

242343s.jpg

I don't know if anyone has replied to you but the easy way to do this... Well, for me anyway...

The chest piece is the original steel chest piece that can be found in CT77's remodeled armor. The pauldrons are the same.

The belt is an the belt from elven armor.

The legs are from CT77's hentai set.

The boots are draugr

And they're just retextured.

You can use your BS preset from another armor in Outfit studio and recreate them to your preset. Just mash it together. If you use Mod Organizer you can create a new folder mod with the file structure to where the original armor and overwrite it.

If you're curious you can follow my tutorial in my signature

21 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Yes its called xEdit but its "renamed" for Skyrim, Fallout and NewVegas, so yes TesVEdit is the same as xEdit. (current version is 4.02)

https://www.patreon.com/ElminsterAU

The term "flag" is just how i have heard other people refer to it but it is essentially a variable or switch of that data property.

You can see in your screen shot the slider support is missing.

image.png.2238cddd35d1ffe129d06dfef4e4ab77.png

Right click the box next to "weight slider - female" and choose "edit" and in the dialog select "enabled", repeat for "weight slider - male" if necessary. Save esp.

Thank you for showing me how to do this. So a little update on what's going on with this outfit. I enabled the slider support for the female, re-saved the project and built it again in BS. When I did that the outfit went invisible again. I tried going back and forth between single and double weight but it still remained invisible.

A little background on the converted outfit; I converted it from, if I remember UNPB to CBBE and it's also a transparent outfit as well. I read Sorceress's post about the CK, when I loaded the plugin in CK a few warnings popped up but I think most of the warnings were pertaining to the Skyrim and Update master files. I did see in one of the warnings it was about the "NiAlphaProperty" which looking around the recent posts is related to transparency I think, but I don't know if that would be the actual cause of it. 

This is what the warning said. I don't think it has anything to do with the outfit

Spoiler

1045586948_Screenshot(19).png.0a307869a4727891f29fb2acceab994b.png

I half-assed converted a different outfit to see if I would have this problem again, but luckily everything about that conversion went smoothly. Double weighted, conformed to the body and all the meshes/textures were there. I guess my second conversion was in the 15% success rate according to Sorceress haha.?

To everyone who has helped me along the way, thank you so much!! I really appreciate your TIME and PATIENCE for teaching me about this stuff. You guys are the best! I feel like I should let you know about my skill level and knowledge when it comes to this. I'm a complete noob, an amateur about all this. I started too seriously learn and try all this probably a week ago, if that. For example, @Sorceress99 in your last post, I'm sorry but I probably understood like maybe 8% of what you wrote.

I think for now, I'll put that outfit on standby until I get more familiar with the CK, Nifskope and all the other tools. I still would appreciate any suggestions you guys might have about this, I'm not giving up on the outfit. I'll probably be posting my second converted outfit soon, I just have to redo it again cause it looks like shit. I wanted to have the outfit in-game as part of a theme for a screenshot I wanna take, and I think someone posted a request for it a while back.?

@Charmandur .. Honey, we all start out just like you. Newbies without a clue.  Converting an outfit is the first step and probably the easiest to a series of steps to get it in the game. You will need to establish a proper 'Modus Operandi' that you religiously follow so that at any point of the conversion, you will know when/where there is a problem and how to fix it. It also makes your conversions go more smoothly with less problems by limiting 'Murphy's Law' to the occassional annoyance.  My earlier post, while a bit lenghty, provided key information you will need to learn to successfully get your conversion in the game. Skyrim can be brutally unforgiving if the information it needs to add an item to the game is does not follow it's protocol.  "The T's crossed and the I's dotted" 

2 hours ago, Charmandur said:

Thank you for showing me how to do this. So a little update on what's going on with this outfit. I enabled the slider support for the female, re-saved the project and built it again in BS. When I did that the outfit went invisible again. I tried going back and forth between single and double weight but it still remained invisible.

A little background on the converted outfit; I converted it from, if I remember UNPB to CBBE and it's also a transparent outfit as well. I read Sorceress's post about the CK, when I loaded the plugin in CK a few warnings popped up but I think most of the warnings were pertaining to the Skyrim and Update master files. I did see in one of the warnings it was about the "NiAlphaProperty" which looking around the recent posts is related to transparency I think, but I don't know if that would be the actual cause of it. 

This is what the warning said. I don't think it has anything to do with the outfit

Hide contents

1045586948_Screenshot(19).png.0a307869a4727891f29fb2acceab994b.png

I half-assed converted a different outfit to see if I would have this problem again, but luckily everything about that conversion went smoothly. Double weighted, conformed to the body and all the meshes/textures were there. I guess my second conversion was in the 15% success rate according to Sorceress haha.?

To everyone who has helped me along the way, thank you so much!! I really appreciate your TIME and PATIENCE for teaching me about this stuff. You guys are the best! I feel like I should let you know about my skill level and knowledge when it comes to this. I'm a complete noob, an amateur about all this. I started too seriously learn and try all this probably a week ago, if that. For example, @Sorceress99 in your last post, I'm sorry but I probably understood like maybe 8% of what you wrote.

I think for now, I'll put that outfit on standby until I get more familiar with the CK, Nifskope and all the other tools. I still would appreciate any suggestions you guys might have about this, I'm not giving up on the outfit. I'll probably be posting my second converted outfit soon, I just have to redo it again cause it looks like shit. I wanted to have the outfit in-game as part of a theme for a screenshot I wanna take, and I think someone posted a request for it a while back.?

In regards to the CK error I have no clue as I have never used the CK, my personal armor mod was made with small exiting outfit mod as base and i use xedit to add all new items and texture sets to the game. This just works for me personally and I avoid all the CK headaches.

In regards to the invisible mesh, that can be several things but the most common is esp says slot 40 and nif says slot 42, but can also be something as simple as typo in esp path to mesh or mesh linked to wrong AA item. Believe me I have done all of those.?

PM me directly the files if you want or post the output mesh (from bodyslide) in question and the esp file and I will take a look and see whats wrong.

1 hour ago, Sorceress99 said:

@Charmandur .. Honey, we all start out just like you. Newbies without a clue.  Converting an outfit is the first step and probably the easiest to a series of steps to get it in the game. You will need to establish a proper 'Modus Operandi' that you religiously follow so that at any point of the conversion, you will know when/where there is a problem and how to fix it. It also makes your conversions go more smoothly with less problems by limiting 'Murphy's Law' to the occassional annoyance.  My earlier post, while a bit lenghty, provided key information you will need to learn to successfully get your conversion in the game. Skyrim can be brutally unforgiving if the information it needs to add an item to the game is does not follow it's protocol.  "The T's crossed and the I's dotted" 

I gotcha. I appreciate the info and tip. I saved your post from earlier. I know it's going to be very useful in the future, when I do conversions and troubleshoot any problems that might occur. Thank you for your time, and the amazing write up.?

In regards to the CK error I have no clue as I have never used the CK, my personal armor mod was made with small exiting outfit mod as base and i use xedit to add all new items and texture sets to the game. This just works for me personally and I avoid all the CK headaches.

In regards to the invisible mesh, that can be several things but the most common is esp says slot 40 and nif says slot 42, but can also be something as simple as typo in esp path to mesh or mesh linked to wrong AA item. Believe me I have done all of those.?

PM me directly the files if you want or post the output mesh (from bodyslide) in question and the esp file and I will take a look and see whats wrong.

Woow, so even tiny little mistakes like that can lead to failure, that's interesting. I'll do a little bit more tinkering on my end, to see if I can fix it. If I can't, I'll PM you directly if you're still willing to help me out. I appreciate it @Imperfection Thank you so much! ?