Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Thanks. There are some problems with some of the nifs though. I will try to swap where I can, but, others need work in NifSkope or Blender and I don't know how. Can't do anything with them in Outfit Studio and others have problems with textures. Will try to fix what I can and upload.:classic_smile:

There are big problems with the nifs. I tried converting the SLS and the meshes were so low poly they looked like boxes attached to the body. A few pieces do ok but clipped a little in the game. You would need to increase the poly count x10 to be able to get a smoother curve. Many of the earlier mods were fine until hdt and big bodies became the norm. 

Can anyone here point me to a tutorial to convert uunp shoes to cbbe?  I've got some uunp spike heeled platform boots with stockings.  They have a uunp foot inside shaped to fit a spike heel shoe.  Trying to make the cbbe foot that comes with outfit studio as a reference ain't ever gonna work.  At least I don't see a way.

Thanks for any help

22 minutes ago, hawgdaddy said:

Can anyone here point me to a tutorial to convert uunp shoes to cbbe?  I've got some uunp spike heeled platform boots with stockings.  They have a uunp foot inside shaped to fit a spike heel shoe.  Trying to make the cbbe foot that comes with outfit studio as a reference ain't ever gonna work.  At least I don't see a way.

Thanks for any help

Never Mind.  After posting the above, I did some more surfing and found a conversation about feet from July of last year.  Followed that for a couple minutes and came across the very outfit I was having problems with.  Already converted by Sorceress.  UUNP Black Corset.

Seems like every time I start learning how to do conversions I discover someone here has already beat me to the outfit I'm working on.

I guess I'd still like to know how to make the feet work.

4 hours ago, hawgdaddy said:

Never Mind.  After posting the above, I did some more surfing and found a conversation about feet from July of last year.  Followed that for a couple minutes and came across the very outfit I was having problems with.  Already converted by Sorceress.  UUNP Black Corset.

Seems like every time I start learning how to do conversions I discover someone here has already beat me to the outfit I'm working on.

I guess I'd still like to know how to make the feet work.

Converting feet can be quite aggravating. The main issue is making sure the feet match the body so there is no ankle seam.  To do that, I have a collection of CBBE feet of various angles and shapes that fit the CBBE HDT body I use to match the UNP foot as closely as possible, then use the controls in OS to shape the foot and shoe to match.  First, look at the shoes's size & shape then compare it to the feet to see how much scaling and moving is needed. You can't do much with the foot because it has to stay fitted to the body, so most of the work is getting the shoe to fit. Nor do you want to make a lot of changes to the shoe or it will become distorted and look bad. So getting the closest match between the two at the start is  required and having a good selection of feet is very important in doing this.

Secondly, use a model with the body and foot so that you see the whole picture. Some shoes are too small and some too big. With the CBBE foot attached, you can see how much you need to change the shoes in relation to the model. Then start stuffing the feet in the shoes. The controls in OS allows full 3 dimensional movement of the each shoe so you can get a pretty close match. Since the foot is a part of the shoe, you can increase/decrese the foot parts that don't show rather than change the shape of the shoe. Experience in working with shoes and feet will help in what needs to be done to which in order to get them to match.

Any up/down movements and scaling MUST be done to both shoes together in order to maintain their relationship to each other and the body. Left/right, front/back and turning should be done to both together in the preliminary adjustments to get them close to matching. Then masking one shoe allows the movements to the other to get a match, then inverting the mask allows the other shoe to be aligned correctly. 

Two of the worst areas in conversions is shoes and armpits. Armpits are near impossible to fix without using a 3D program. I have some success by going to the wire frame and moving vertices manually. Shoes are a bit easier if you have a good collection of feet, which I do thanks largely to @Vortec invaluable work. Boots are a lot easier because there aren't any actual feet in them. I use a foot that is close to matching the boot shape, make any adjustment to align the boot with the leg then delete it and weight the whole boot with the calf bones. You can some times weight shoes this way but most often you have to use the foot and toe bones to get the feet to stay in the shoe in game.

**NOTE** In masking, be sure to turn off 'mirroring' (the two dots with the bar between) to allow masking one shoe. Make sure to mask ONLY the parts of one shoe. If any part of the other shoe is masked, it will distort when you move the shoe and ruin the project. You can check to see if any part on the other shoe is masked by moving the 'work' shoe to see if any part of the other moves. If so, cancel the move and fix the problem before making any changes. You can also use the wireframe and highlite (pencil icon) controls to make sure only the vertice points are all red on the work shoe. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

Converting feet can be quite aggravating. The main issue is making sure the feet match the body so there is no ankle seam.  To do that, I have a collection of CBBE feet of various angles and shapes that fit the CBBE HDT body I use to match the UNP foot as closely as possible, then use the controls in OS to shape the foot and shoe to match.  First, look at the shoes's size & shape then compare it to the feet to see how much scaling and moving is needed. You can't do much with the foot because it has to stay fitted to the body, so most of the work is getting the shoe to fit. Nor do you want to make a lot of changes to the shoe or it will become distorted and look bad. So getting the closest match between the two at the start is  required and having a good selection of feet is very important in doing this.

Secondly, use a model with the body and foot so that you see the whole picture. Some shoes are too small and some too big. With the CBBE foot attached, you can see how much you need to change the shoes in relation to the model. Then start stuffing the feet in the shoes. The controls in OS allows full 3 dimensional movement of the each shoe so you can get a pretty close match. Since the foot is a part of the shoe, you can increase/decrese the foot parts that don't show rather than change the shape of the shoe. Experience in working with shoes and feet will help in what needs to be done to which in order to get them to match.

Any up/down movements and scaling MUST be done to both shoes together in order to maintain their relationship to each other and the body. Left/right, front/back and turning should be done to both together in the preliminary adjustments to get them close to matching. Then masking one shoe allows the movements to the other to get a match, then inverting the mask allows the other shoe to be aligned correctly. 

Two of the worst areas in conversions is shoes and armpits. Armpits are near impossible to fix without using a 3D program. I have some success by going to the wire frame and moving vertices manually. Shoes are a bit easier if you have a good collection of feet, which I do thanks largely to @Vortec invaluable work. Boots are a lot easier because there aren't any actual feet in them. I use a foot that is close to matching the boot shape, make any adjustment to align the boot with the leg then delete it and weight the whole boot with the calf bones. You can some times weight shoes this way but most often you have to use the foot and toe bones to get the feet to stay in the shoe in game.

**NOTE** In masking, be sure to turn off 'mirroring' (the two dots with the bar between) to allow masking one shoe. Make sure to mask ONLY the parts of one shoe. If any part of the other shoe is masked, it will distort when you move the shoe and ruin the project. You can check to see if any part on the other shoe is masked by moving the 'work' shoe to see if any part of the other moves. If so, cancel the move and fix the problem before making any changes. You can also use the wireframe and highlite (pencil icon) controls to make sure only the vertice points are all red on the work shoe. Hope this helps.

Thank you, that was a quick response!  I googled Vortec and found this at the nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82509/

Vortec links to numerous other mods for boots/heels/sandals/barefeet.  I notices Sotetta Huntress.  Is that the source for the foot in the Black Corset Heels?  Also, I found this youtube video last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2o_gJJKrE8

It's a tutorial for FO4, but I could see that method working for Skyrim.   Does it look viable (if you have the time to view, a little over 7 minutes including all the unnecessary stuff)?

Another question - Do you look at outfit footwear, find something you like, load the correct outfit part in OS, delete every thing but the foot, then export the remaining nif?  Is that how you collected all the different feet you mention you have?  It seems like there might be some issues matching foot/body textures.

Just started looking at your post a few minutes ago with my morning coffee.  It raises all kinds of questions.  Gotta shower and head to work.  I'm thinking I have some evenings of frustration coming up while I try to figure this out.

Thanks again, Sorceress

hawgdaddy

I've loaded Armor of Seduce CBBE HDT BS by Hentia conversion, and after running through bodyslide, I get nothing but a phantom body on my PC and no visible armour. this also happens on the Armour of Seduce.

Quite a few of these outfits give my PC a huge increase in boob size. Is there any cure for this?

Thanks in anticipation.

cincsac

2 hours ago, hawgdaddy said:

Thank you, that was a quick response!  I googled Vortec and found this at the nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82509/

Vortec links to numerous other mods for boots/heels/sandals/barefeet.  I notices Sotetta Huntress.  Is that the source for the foot in the Black Corset Heels?  Also, I found this youtube video last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2o_gJJKrE8

It's a tutorial for FO4, but I could see that method working for Skyrim.   Does it look viable (if you have the time to view, a little over 7 minutes including all the unnecessary stuff)?

Another question - Do you look at outfit footwear, find something you like, load the correct outfit part in OS, delete every thing but the foot, then export the remaining nif?  Is that how you collected all the different feet you mention you have?  It seems like there might be some issues matching foot/body textures.

Just started looking at your post a few minutes ago with my morning coffee.  It raises all kinds of questions.  Gotta shower and head to work.  I'm thinking I have some evenings of frustration coming up while I try to figure this out.

Thanks again, Sorceress

hawgdaddy

Hi, I am the one who helped Sorceress with some of her High Heels and especially High Heel Feet. I have not released anything except through Sorceress. FrankyFrank here at LL and and Nexus has done some very nice CBBE Heels. Might want to check him out.

Creating High Heels and High Heeled Feet is quite Challenging to make. I get a giggle sometimes looking at Nexus High Heels as they look like someone created Inverted Bananas stuck on as feet, despite the great work they did with the armour.

I don't use OS for Feet nor Heels as i use Blender for that precision.

Sorceress you are still welcome for help with the Heels.

1 hour ago, Vortec said:

Hi, I am the one who helped Sorceress with some of her High Heels and especially High Heel Feet. I have not released anything except through Sorceress. FrankyFrank here at LL and and Nexus has done some very nice CBBE Heels. Might want to check him out.

Creating High Heels and High Heeled Feet is quite Challenging to make. I get a giggle sometimes looking at Nexus High Heels as they look like someone created Inverted Bananas stuck on as feet, despite the great work they did with the armour.

I don't use OS for Feet nor Heels as i use Blender for that precision.

Sorceress you are still welcome for help with the Heels.

Thank you Vortec.  I have put many of your feet in shoes and wanted to remind folks of your help and advice in getting feet to fit obstinate shoes. You have saved the day in many of my conversions. Very much appreciated, my friend.

3 hours ago, Chicanery said:

Lovely conversion!  But MO is telling me I'm missing a Heel Sound master?  

All my conversions require the heelssound.esm file aa master meaning it has to be in your load order. Use this file with NIO heels. The HDTHH requirement has been removed. Unzip and drop the file in you Skyrim\Data folder and you're good to go.

Heels Sound 1.5.7z

2 hours ago, CINCSAC said:

I've loaded Armor of Seduce CBBE HDT BS by Hentia conversion, and after running through bodyslide, I get nothing but a phantom body on my PC and no visible armour. this also happens on the Armour of Seduce.

Quite a few of these outfits give my PC a huge increase in boob size. Is there any cure for this?

Thanks in anticipation.

cincsac

Something is interfering with the use of the SBP_32_body the armor needs to show most likely. Also, if you use a custom race it may not be selected in the esp's race menu. If you use some of the sex mods that use body slots usually reserved for clothing and armor. Only one item can occupy a body slot at a time. 

Secondly, sounds like to me your not adjusting the armor in BS to fit your preset and using the default size instead which is usually my preset. View the item in BS preview and make sure the sliders change the body when moved. Then check to make sure the item in preview show your preset correctly. If not, then you may need to add your preset to the group manager to get it to affect the armor.

Sorceress, thanks for the swift reply.

Unfortunetely, i am a total dimwit when it come to messing with armour bits in BS. 

Something is interfering with the use of the SBP_32_body the armor needs to show most likely. Also, if you use a custom race it may not be selected in the esp's race menu. If you use some of the sex mods that use body slots usually reserved for clothing and armor. Only one item can occupy a body slot at a time. 

Secondly, sounds like to me your not adjusting the armor in BS to fit your preset and using the default size instead which is usually my preset. View the item in BS preview and make sure the sliders change the body when moved. Then check to make sure the item in preview show your preset correctly. If not, then you may need to add your preset to the group manager to get it to affect the armor.

I use the nord race for my PC. When loading your fab gear,  I load the BS files into BS in the shape and slider folders and run the batch build with build morphs ticked, tick the CBBEHDT and CBBE FEET boxes and let BS run and adjust the files to my preset. Anything else is just witchcraft to me. I re-loaded, and give it another shot. Still no joy I'm aftraid. It's wierd because 99% of your armours work just fine.

cincsac