Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Really, its not even out yet. 

After playing the beta i dont think its gonna be any good, BUT its also not out yet in final version. So yea

And just to say this.

it says final fantasy XIV is best mmo of 2013, which is complete and utter horse caca lol

So that says something <_< lol

My beef with large game (and PC hardware) review/news sites is that, asides from the fucking fanboys, it's too easy to think that they're swayed (or should I say "bribed") by certain companies to do a favorable review.

To me the Final Fantasy Series went downhill after 10. FF8 has always been my personal favorite. Gamers these days are never satisfied You can give them a gold cookie and they would still find a reason to gripe about it. I personally go with "If you enjoy it who the hell cares what other people think?" I followed this and because of that I never threw away/traded my games in.

I couldnt stand to play anything after 7, it was jsut the game style i didnt like. Graphics were awesome thou i tried final fantasy 12 i think?  with the dancers at the beginning or w.e  i got though the intro and basically went all GRUMPY CAT NOPE.

That was FFX-2 yeah that was a wreck for sure. Only thing redeemable was the Sphere system. The rest was crap.

I was a longtime MMO addict. I started with good old Everquest, played EQ2, settled a long time with WoW and finally stayed with LotRO after a year visit in SWTOR. I always played as a hardcore player, always as member of a raid guild competing for server first boss kills and such stuff.

MMOs were my disease and TES and its modder scene was the remedy. Not that I spend less time at my computer now, but simply all MMOs just pale in compare to the ability to mod your game by yourself according your wishes, not to mention the knowledge you collect even as a simple user about hardware, software, grafics and their technics and now I am already doing my first steps in photoshop.

As long as TESO can't give me that, it won't be a rival.

Imagine a MMO, that completely allows third party software and therefore modding, similar to SIMs, just in TES style. THIS would actually draw me back into this scene maybe.

I just hope Bethesda has a plan B for the case that TESO will fail, especially a financial one. It would be utter sad to never have a TES VI because "we wanted to publish a MMO" for a pretty satisfied and rivaled market, "but we did not expect to fail even more as SWTOR already did it..."

I was a longtime MMO addict. I started with good old Everquest, played EQ2, settled a long time with WoW and finally stayed with LotRO after a year visit in SWTOR. I always played as a hardcore player, always as member of a raid guild competing for server first boss kills and such stuff.

MMOs were my disease and TES and its modder scene was the remedy. Not that I spend less time at my computer now, but simply all MMOs just pale in compare to the ability to mod your game by yourself according your wishes, not to mention the knowledge you collect even as a simple user about hardware, software, grafics and their technics and now I am already doing my first steps in photoshop.

As long as TESO can't give me that, it won't be a rival.

Imagine a MMO, that completely allows third party software and therefore modding, similar to SIMs, just in TES style. THIS would actually draw me back into this scene maybe.

I just hope Bethesda has a plan B for the case that TESO will fail, especially a financial one. It would be utter sad to never have a TES VI because "we wanted to publish a MMO" for a pretty satisfied and rivaled market, "but we did not expect to fail even more as SWTOR already did it..."

Your prayers have been answered.

WurmEmu. Scheduled for early January.

I think it's as doomed to a half life as all the others before it.  I'm so jaded about MMOs  that I don't even notice when the betas are happening, much less care to get involved in them. 

TES has always been my retreat from them, mainly because of the sandbox, a concept which  is rarer than rocking horse droppings as far as the post-WoW MMO scene is concerned. Can't say I'm thrilled at the prospect of TESO - actually it can poke it, I'd rather Beth had spent all that resource on delivering some more expansions.

It sickens me a bit actually, that modders are keeping this game alive long after at least two next big thing AAA MMOs have fallen on their arses, and Beth are too busy financing another sacrificial lamb to notice. Obviously there must be gold in them there hills.

I heard Tes Online, is going to have OPEN PVP. like anyone can join ur game and kill u for any reason.

Edit: KINDA LIKE DARK SOULS.

If its like that IM DEFINATLY not getting it. I play single player games to get AWAY FROM PVP.

Why i play call of duty sometimes, than i play fallout sometimes. Lol

As a lover of ES games, even oblivion when all the characters were quite obviously enjoying too many sweetrolls,

I am actually looking forward to this game.

As far as game mechanics go, it's an mmo. You have a bunch of people, you do quests, you get things done, get shiny stuff. What I'm looking forward to is being able to both play with friends (something I've wanted to do since I started playing in Tamriel.) and being able to roleplay with other people who love the elder scrolls setting. Sure I've done it over messengers before, but in game has a much nicer feel to me. That and I can go around like an obsessive outfit collector like I do in all my games... I really need to see somebody about that...

Anyway, I don't think it will be the flop of the year, but it's not going to have the huge impact that everybody promises for mmo's. TOR was going to be huge. Failed. Rift was going to be huge. Failed. Every new MMO ever was going to be huge. Failed.

You aren't going to have the masses crawling to their pc's like the mmo glory days because that time is gone, but you are going to have the dedicated communities of players who enjoy mmo/fantasy/elderscrolls/rpg's. It's just not going to be the huge number everybody always makes it out to be.

It's true that the "golden age" of MMOs is gone and never coming back. This is mainly due to the over saturation of the market by 3rd rate MMOs with piss poor management and a lot of other reasons that frankly I don't have the time or patience to type out. However, That does not mean we have to make snap decisions on a game that I'm betting well over three quarters of us never got to play in the Beta and have only videos and bias reviews to go by. 

I'm not a big fan of MMO's in general, especially the WoW/FFXI variety where combat is semi-automatic and all the player does is monitor special ability cool-down times and pop them off situationally. FFXI especially left a very bad taste in my mouth where it was neigh impossible to level up solo, which is exactly what you'll be doing unless you played a "community approved" class combo the way the "community" dictates you should play it. 

No, I like real-time combat - where dodging, blocking, and timing your attacks actually means something, and being even moderately skilled can mitigate or eliminate deficiencies in playing "non-optimal" class combinations that you happen to find fun. And I'd like a more contemporary or futuristic setting, if possible. That's part of why I've stuck with the Phantasy Star Online series for the past 10+ years, even through the disastrous PSU years (though PSP2/i was quite good). But, after playing a few months of PSO2 (otherwise known as "RNG Ultimate Online"), and getting nothing but bullshit from Sega about a western release, I'm walking away from the series and I had planned on picking up ESO as an alternative.

And I'm not really bothered by the bad reviews and negative press it's been getting. I've played the "big name" and popular MMOs... and I think they're garbage, so I can't really use other people's tastes as a barometer for how I'm going to like an online ES game. And hey, I really like the ES series, and if ESO only turns out to be half as horrible as PSO2 did, then I'll be more than content to have it fill that particular niche in my gaming library.

Gamers these days are never satisfied You can give them a gold cookie and they would still find a reason to gripe about it.

How do you expect us to eat a cookie made out of gold? Not to mention that it would taste horrible with that that metallic taste.

sorry couldn't resist.

Mod-ability is what made PC gaming KING! Take that away and you may as well be marketing your games to 12yr old on their PS4 or XBOX ONE. The companies have gone brain dead by a few small scale successes and morons repeatedly saying the pc is dying, it going to be all tablets and the cloud.... BS! This line of crap is being perpetuated by employees of the tablet and smartphone companies who want everyone to pay twice as much for 1/3 as much computing power. If Bethesda were smart, their next TES installment would be on a 64bit engine with a creation kit full of modders resources included on day of launch. Make a complete story rather than half ass it like a large portion of Skyrim's storyline was, and they would have the biggest launch in history!

Mod-ability is what made PC gaming KING! Take that away and you may as well be marketing your games to 12yr old on their PS4 or XBOX ONE.

ESO is coming to the Xbox One and PS4.

it going to be all tablets and the cloud.... BS! This line of crap is being perpetuated by employees of the tablet and smartphone companies who want everyone to pay twice as much for 1/3 as much computing power.

Well, Moore's law is predicted to collapse sometime in the next 10 to 15 years. I guess that's one way to draw it out a little longer.

Make a complete story rather than half ass it like a large portion of Skyrim's storyline was

Skyrim's story was complete. It wasn't all that good, and the faction questlines were short as hell, but it was complete. The only real major loose end is the Thalmor, and at this point I'm pretty sure they are less a loose end and more of a laying of groundwork for future installments. The lore is there to provide a pretty epic story-arch if they're intending to do what I suspect they will, and dealing with them as an aside to the MQ of Skyrim for the sake of "tying up loose ends" would not be doing it justice. Hell, it might take another game or two before their machinations are fully realized.

The lore is there to provide a pretty epic story-arch if they're intending to do what I suspect they will, and dealing with them as an aside to the MQ of Skyrim for the sake of "tying up loose ends" would not be doing it justice. Hell, it might take another game or two before their machinations are fully realized.

This is Bethesda we're talking about.

Guest Ragna_Rok

TES: O will have it's fail at launch. It's guaranteed. Especially being Beth... their single player games are a fail. It won't really matter much to me as this is going to be their first MMO. I'm sure once every screw is tightened, it'll be a really good game. However, I'm not much of a fan of the cartoony style they decided to go with. I'm not a fan of the overly quest driven it is. Not that it's bad, but I want a more solo experience.

my 2 cents: tes games NEED mods. not only for keeping games alive long-term, but also (and especially) for guys / girls like us to fix the tons of bugs they oversee and keep it interesting. if you cant mod a game (that you also basically cant win, theres gonna be one king crowned once) that WILL have its flaws, theres no point for me to even consider testing it. so imho, im gonna skip that one. sux though, im tes for like 15 years now.

(aaaaand finally i think we orcs dont stand a chance with all the nord-hype (in numbers of gamers) that skyrim caused. though its really funny, nord vs orc one on one the orc beats the living s out of the nord... berserker-rage ftw :) )

Guest Ragna_Rok

you hit the jackpot. this is impossible to be realized, all gamers need to have the same setup. if for example we talk about the conjuration magic, all players would need to have the ressources installed for a ... lets say, conjure-mighty-mudcrab-spell... for just one gamer to use it.

the only thing they could do would be to add content over time. or, even worse, change the content after like some months. just my opinion, but i think the game is dead before being born. all tes-games ive ever played lived so long (stayed interesting) because you could tweak your game. i would even go so far to assume that its close to impossible to meet another player that runs the exactly same setup as you do, well, once after you got into mods i mean.

Archived