BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

So the tool wants to be installed to a working skyrim data dir. But since Mod Organizer keeps all files outside of skyrim/data/ and creates a runtime virtual dir, installing there unfortunately makes it not work as expected.

To make this tool work with Mod Organizer, the user needs to do the following:

1. start mod organizer
  2. drop down the "games and tools" list (just to the left of the run button)
  3. at the top, click edit
  4. fill out the fields for Bodyslide 2

-  the button next to Binary is for locating the... uh... binary

-  start in = blank

-  no arguments. (NONE. AND THAT'S FINAL.)

5. Click Add then OK.

Bodyslide 2 is now in your "games and tools" list. Choose it and click run. Your bodies and skinds will now be available for these apps.

Hope this helps someone.

Can anyone confirm if this is the best way to get it running in Mod Organizer?

I'm not really sure what step 4 means...I'm not terrible smart with this kind of thing...any help would be appreciated.

Also, does this need to be installed along with anything else, like the base CBBE?

I know everyone is busy enjoying this, but for dummies like me I'm still wondering how to get this running in MO. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thank you!

As I said above, when you first import the outfit, you delete the body shape that came with it right away. You will then have 1 body shape and 1 armor shape left. Now, use "Offset Shape" only for the armor shape, to make it fit the body shape.

Thank you cell for your advice - much appreciated.

I've followed your instructions to the letter and still the body is aligned incorrectly in game.  I'm assuming it's got something to do with the meshes i'm using - and they are just formatted incorrectly somehow.  No matter how I offset the shape of the armor - the body is always mis-aligned in game, slightly below and forward from where it should be, resulting in a floating head.

I've even tried offsetting the body - but i get the exact same result.

But I've taken enough of your time so i'm gonna give up for the moment.

Thanks again and take care!

Tried converting some armor to belisario's UNPB mesh. It didn't go very well.

9AuXZMJ.png

Any suggestions as to what I am doing horribly wrong? I copied over the reference body, and I also copied the bone weightings. The outfit seems to work just fine, but the body looks like that... I feel like I am so close, yet so far.

Well, please forgive my stupidity as I made a naming error on the files, so the meshes turned out perfectly, but now I have another issue, the textures appear spotty/blotchy/dirty on the skin I'll upload another pic if you need it.

Bring it on!

Tried converting some armor to belisario's UNPB mesh. It didn't go very well.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing horribly wrong? I copied over the reference body, and I also copied the bone weightings. The outfit seems to work just fine, but the body looks like that... I feel like I am so close, yet so far.

Mhm... try loading the body you want in the resulting .nif as a reference shape and the outfit you converted. Then delete the body that was in the outfit.nif file. After that, duplicate the reference body shape and export as .nif (maybe the weighting has been screwed up previously).

I've followed your instructions to the letter and still the body is aligned incorrectly in game.  I'm assuming it's got something to do with the meshes i'm using - and they are just formatted incorrectly somehow.  No matter how I offset the shape of the armor - the body is always mis-aligned in game, slightly below and forward from where it should be, resulting in a floating head.

That's strange, are you sure you're replacing the correct .nif files to make your changes appear in-game?

1.) Start a new project in Outfit Studio.

2.) Select the "Convert: UNP to CBBE" template and click next.
Note: CBBE is used as a "bridge" here

3.) Load the high weight variant of an UNP outfit and click next (e.g. outfit_1.nif).
Note: High weight variants have the "_1" suffix attached to the filename.

4.) Delete the body shape that was imported together with the outfit (not the reference shape!).
Note: Outfit name -> body shape name -> right-click and "Delete Shape".

5.) Conform the outfit shapes to the "UNPToCBBE" slider. To do that, use the "Slider -> Conform All" menu item.
Note: Hotkey is CTRL+Shift+C.

6.) Put the "UNPToCBBE" to 100% and use the "Slider -> Set Base Shape" feature.
Note: This will make the 100% value of the slider the default value.

7.) Use "File -> Load Reference" and load the "Convert: CBBE to SevenBase" template.

8.) Repeat step 5 and 6 but with the "CBBETo7B" slider.
Note: Now you have a 7B shaped body that uses the CBBE texture alignment.

9.) Use "Load Reference" again and manually select the "BodySlide/ConversionSets/7BConvert.xml" file. Then, select the "7B High->Low" slider set in the list below.
Note: This is the official 7B_1.nif body shape including correct texture alignment.

10.) Now you might have to fix a bit of clipping here and there using the brush tools that Outfit Studio provides. Select the shapes of the outfit you want to adjust and fix them. Once you're done, continue with the next step.

11.) Next, duplicate the reference body shape by right-clicking and selecting "Duplicate Shape". Give it a simple name like "body".

12.) The last step for the high weight variant of the conversion is to "Copy Bone Weights" for all of the outfit shapes by right-clicking them.
Note: Don't do this with the duplicated body shape!

13.) Export the finished conversion using "File -> Export .Nif"!

14.) To create the low weight variant of the outfit, delete the duplicated body shape again. Use "Slider -> Conform All", set the slider to 100% and use "Slider -> Set Base Shape".

15.) Repeat step 9 but select the "7B Low->High" reference instead. Fix up the shapes using the brushes.

16.) To finish up the conversion, duplicate the reference body again and "Copy Bone Weights" for all of the outfit shapes again (not the duplicated body!).

17.) "File -> Export .Nif", and you should have both the finished 7B_Outfit_0.nif and the 7B_Outfit_1.nif! smile.gif

So just to convert from UNPB to CBBE, do I have to jump from step 6 to step 9 or just skip it? Or do something else in place of it?? :blink:

Many thanks to the folks here who helped me understand this new gift that has been bestowed upon us. It only seems fair that I share the work, so here's a .zip of the newly converted Succubus armor from the Sevenbase Conversion pack here on LL.

Previously Sevenbase, now converted to CBBE with the default TBBP weightings. Enjoy, and you can get the original files to make it work here.

cuirass.zip

I kind of fumbled through a conversion of cbbe to 7b, since there isn't anything detail out yet. But...how do you turn off the texture feature abovewolf was talking about a few pages back? Looking at my mesh in-game it's applying the cbbe normal map to my 7b-converted armor's skin

First, make sure you have 7B compatible female body textures installed.

At the end of the whole conversion process in Outfit Studio, you have to replace the conversion reference set with the included 7B.nif file. To do this, use "File -> Load Reference" and choose either the "ConversionSets/7BConvert.xml" file or a 7B_1.nif file directly.

Wow. Looks like I was totally doing it wrong. Thanks for explaining that. It's weird that the "cbbe to sevenbase" template option doesn't actually seem to have the 7b body as the shapedata mesh? Or is that intentional? I'm also curious about the differences between the set shape option and the edit (pencil) button, since the changes me to the body mesh seem to revert when you turn off edit button?

Anyways, i'm off to Xinavro's thread! Lol.

I've played around with this tool earlier and I did manage to get it to work at one point, just need to have a bit more practice at using it. For such a "complicated" process, the tool is actually really easy to use. Thank god, I did not want to have to learn 3ds max just to change the armor to a different body.

Seriously, big, huge thanks to Caliente, it is much better to put a tool like this out where the user can freely change any armor to any body shape and not have to ask other people for conversions, it will not stop people from asking for them, but then now people can be like "do it yourself" so they can focus on doing what they really want to be doing, rather than pleasing the community. Great day to re-install skyrim again that is for sure!

So far I've only managed to make an existing CBBE outfit, bodyslide compatible and add TBBP to it. I still can't figure out how to convert outfits for different bodies to CBBE. I've read the previous posts and the tutorial but still I get stuck. Can someone help me with this? Steps for converting outfits to CBBE. I've tried with a sevenbase outfit and a UNPB outfit but everytime my char's neck and hands get detached from the body as soon as I put on the armor.

Very nice.

Is there any way to load a old body mesh into bodyslide and make it into a preset? I created a body mesh with bodyslide a while ago and wanted to use the same one. Only got the mesh file left and not the preset file.

Thanks

So im guessing its not possible, right?

If so il problaby have to create a new body preset and try to match my old body somehow.

Reason is because i got alot of armors already converted to that shape so i would get alot of clipping on boots/gloves if it doesnt match.

As I said above, when you first import the outfit, you delete the body shape that came with it right away. You will then have 1 body shape and 1 armor shape left. Now, use "Offset Shape" only for the armor shape, to make it fit the body shape.

that's because offset don't changes the position of the vertices, try "Shape" -> "move vertices" on the armor so that it goes over the reference body

Cell, i know that you are doing so much here and i don't want to be a bother, but did you had time to take a look at my .nif? the one that in NifSkope was empty?

that's because offset don't changes the position of the vertices, try "Shape" -> "move vertices" on the armor so that it goes over the reference body

Thank you SO much!

I fixed it by changing the position of the vertices as you advised, however not on the armor but on the reference body(as the body was out of position - the armor was fine).

Now everything aligns perfectly!

That's strange, are you sure you're replacing the correct .nif files to make your changes appear in-game?

Thanks again cell, I know you did your best to help me.

Now I can get down to converting and weighting everything I see!

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the farm clothes from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7305/? to b3lisario's UNPB BBP Pregnant Body so when using pregnacy mods you get to see female NPC's for eg. looking pregnant in their vanilla clothing/armor, but I'm not having any luck. I'm hoping a tutorial will come out that will explain this process.

Although I'm not having much success so far I want to thank Calliente and team for this awesome tool.

i try several time a conversion and i can't do it.

If i read the tuto , the outfit and the body are very far. The cbbe body is big and the unp outfit is small. So i must use all scale on the outfit to be as near as possible.

At the export, when i want to see the final result with nifskop, the project is empty.

I think a simple tutorial to convert unp to cbbe could be very appreciate

thanks

Victory, i finally made it. It's just a first try on one part of a clothe. So the tutorial is right but should be simply rewrite for conversion unp-cbbe and cbbe-unp. The work to adjust clothe is easy but the harder part to fit well is the chest. you need to spend some time to create nice curve. Here's my first try : the old unp and the new cbbe of the robe. i didn't work on stocking. it's far for perfect but it's a first step.

Thank you everybody for the help

The problem is i want to convert 129 clothes and armors....

post-24072-0-82538400-1387714214_thumb.jpg

post-24072-0-69812400-1387714226_thumb.jpg

Alright here's a step-by-step of what I did that resulted in the body I spoke of earlier as can be seen in this screenshot:

post-214699-0-01350700-1387713162_thumb.png

1. Installed Bodyslide 2 through Mod Organizer
  2. Installed PSB Body on top of that
  3. Opened Bodyslide 2, selected the Outfit PSB Body (which did not have any presets attached to it) and ctrl-clicked on Create Bodies, which put both files nif files directly in the Bodyslide 2 folder.
  4. Put the just created nif files aside to be used later.
  5. Back in Bodyslide 2, I selected the Outfit CalianteBodyAdvanced BBP with the CBBE preset and once more ctrl-clicked on Create Bodies, which once more put both nif files in the Bodyslide 2 folder.
  6. Started up Outfit Studio, clicked Load Reference and selected the _0 nif file of the PSB Body.
  7. Clicked Load Outfit and selected the _0 nif file of the CBBE body.
  8. In the Meshes tab, I clicked on the outfit body, then went to the Bones tab and clicked on the NPC Belly Node.
  9. Then I clicked Copy Selected Weights.
  10. This didn't show anything immediately, but after selected another node and then the NPC Belly node again, I could see the weights being painted on the CBBE body as well.
  11. After that I clicked Export Current -> Export nif and saved the nif file over the old _0 nif file of the CBBE body I had created.
  12. Then I repeated steps 7 - 11 with the _1 nif files.
  13. Lastly, I copied both nif files to the right path in the overwrite folder of Mod Organizer and started up the game and loaded my save, which resulted in the body as seen in the screenshot.

I might very likely be doing something wrong here, but I have no clue what.

Also, thanks a lot to you Cell for being so patient with all of us.

I'm trying to figure out how to convert the farm clothes from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7305/? to b3lisario's UNPB BBP Pregnant Body so when using pregnacy mods you get to see female NPC's for eg. looking pregnant in their vanilla clothing/armor, but I'm not having any luck. I'm hoping a tutorial will come out that will explain this process.

Hmmm... if you use the nif tools you will see, that some of the clothes do not have a reference to the belly node.

So weight painting may be useless as long you have no belly node attached to the cloth.

skeleton-> npc belly

cloth/armor -> ninode -> npc belly

if there is no NPC_Belly ... no weight no preg

Moin

Oli

Archived