BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

I know this has been answered before, but I can't for the life of me find it in this thread anymore.

I've "succesfully" converted a Sevenbase conversion of the Huntress Armor to CBBE and added TBBP from Dragonfly's base files, however only the armor itself shows up ingame. As in, my lady has no body anymore. How do I fix this/where did I go wrong?

You probably forgot to use "Duplicate Shape" on the reference shape before exporting as a *.nif.

The body shape has to be in the outfit section before export, not in the reference section. Those don't get carried over.

Ahh, yeah. That definitely has something to do with it, I can see that now. Is there any way I can recover the reference shape without having to do the whole conversion again?

I know this has been answered before, but I can't for the life of me find it in this thread anymore.

I've "succesfully" converted a Sevenbase conversion of the Huntress Armor to CBBE and added TBBP from Dragonfly's base files, however only the armor itself shows up ingame. As in, my lady has no body anymore. How do I fix this/where did I go wrong?

You probably forgot to use "Duplicate Shape" on the reference shape before exporting as a *.nif.

The body shape has to be in the outfit section before export, not in the reference section. Those don't get carried over.

Ahh, yeah. That definitely has something to do with it, I can see that now. Is there any way I can recover the reference shape without having to do the whole conversion again?

Yes, Start OutfitStudio then

• File -> "load outfit"

Use it to load the "bodyless armor" .nif that you made earlier

• File -> "load reference"

Use it to load the body reference that you used before

That should do it ^^

Yes, Start OutfitStudio then

• File -> "load outfit"

Use it to load the "bodyless armor" .nif that you made earlier

• File -> "load reference"

Use it to load the body reference that you used before

That should do it ^^

There must be something i'm still missing. When I try to load a reference, no matter which one (i've gone between 7b to CBBE, CBBE Advanced, and the original 7b Huntress files), it ends up being a stretched version of the armor's texture.

Is it quicker to use Calientes CBBE vanilla armors already converted to cbbe as a starting point if I wanted to convert vanilla armors to Dream Girl body?

Yes, use the meshes that are in the BodySlide/ShapeData folders of Caliente's Vanilla armors for BodySlide. Then use the CBBE -> DG references.

Yes. It's also useful for a lot more than that (adding new bones, doing TBBP conversions, BodySlide conversions)...

It's so good to hear this.... i don't know how to do conversion... now i can try this and maybe i can learn how to convert other armor's to my lovely chsbhc body:D

And one more question, are u try to do any video tutorial how to convert armor's? :D

Yes, but don't know when yet.

i try several time a conversion and i can't do it.

If i read the tuto , the outfit and the body are very far. The cbbe body is big and the unp outfit is small. So i must use all scale on the outfit to be as near as possible.

At the export, when i want to see the final result with nifskop, the project is empty.

I think a simple tutorial to convert unp to cbbe could be very appreciate

thanks

The tutorial should work for UNP -> CBBE, minus a few steps. Why do you have to scale up the UNP outfit? Usually you should only have to morph the shape from UNP to CBBE.

Well, i don't know why is there such a big difference between the cbbe body and the unp clothes

The clothe is the fancy dress for unp

You can see on this screenshot. I didn't delete the unp body to compare

i think i find the problem. the body used on the fancy dress is not a true unp and is not supported .post-24072-0-61051600-1387673619_thumb.jpg

Cell, you've been so patient on this thread - and I'm so sorry to bother you with this - but i just cannot get this to work. 

Conversions are fine - I just cannot add weights.

I load reference my weighted body from character assets - and load outfit my converted killer keos skimpy forsworn. Here's what I see:

Capture1.jpg

I copy the weights - and If i export as a nif after that then my char has two bodies (exactly as it looks here), and the armor is weighted but the second body is not (which looks VERY odd). If I duplicate shape as you mentioned above then a third body is added!

If I delete the body, then my char in game has no body!  I've no idea what I have left to try....

If you find time I'd be soooooo appreciative if you could help me out!

Thanks!

Cell, you've been so patient on this thread - and I'm so sorry to bother you with this - but i just cannot get this to work. 

I load reference my weighted body from character assets - and load outfit my converted killer keos skimpy forsworn. Here's what I see:

Capture1.jpg

I copy the weights - and If i export as a nif after that then my char has two bodies (exactly as it looks here), and the armor is weighted but the second body is not (which looks VERY odd). If I duplicate shape as you mentioned above then a third body is added!

If I delete the body, then my char in game has no body!  I've no idea what I have left to try....

Thanks!

Try this, it should work:

• Load both the outfit and the reference
  • Delete the body in the outfit (as in the screenshot "body" under "new outfit" by rightclicking on it's name and selecting "delete mesh")
  • Move the "armor" mesh of the outfit and make it fit the reference body that you see behind.
  • resolve clipping
  • copy bones
  • duplicate the shape of the body (so that you have 2 identical bodies overlapped)
  • export the mesh

it should work, at least that's what i do

Capture1.jpg

Thanks!

Hellonow, you don't need this tool!!!!

If i remember, Mai is always nude so you don't have to make outfits conversions!!

sooo easy!! :D

Mai: "Huh........I'm ALWAYS naked!"

post-24072-0-10915600-1387676450_thumb.png

Thanks!

Easy, first, when you've loaded the reference and outfit, delete the body that came with the outfit.nif (the bottom one). Then use the "Shape -> Offset Shape" feature for the armor shape to align it to the body (if it isn't already).

After that, you do "Copy Bone Weights" with the armor shape selected. The last step is to duplicate the reference body (the one at the top) and do "File -> Export .Nif".

EDIT: Well yes... basically exactly what Aveck said already. ;)

• Delete the body in the outfit (as in the screenshot "body" under "new outfit" by rightclicking on it's name and selecting "delete mesh")
  • Move the "armor" mesh of the outfit and make it fit the reference body that you see behind.
  • resolve clipping
  • copy bones
  • duplicate the shape of the body (so that you have 2 identical bodies overlapped)
  • export the mesh

Thanks so much for the tip - i get further along now, but in game things still aren't quite right:

Capture3.jpg

Not sure how to ix this :(

If i remember, Mai is always nude so you don't have to make outfits conversions!!

Ha!

Maybe Mai is always nude because she hasn't had a chance to find the right clothes - until now?

Thanks so much for the tip - i get further along now, but in game things still aren't quite right

I think you didn't use the "Shape -> Offset Shape" feature I described above.

It seems like my presets are not being saved properly. When I load them they are different from what they were when I made them.

Download the new version (2.0.0.10). Should be fixed there.

I removed the LL mirror for now. So you'll have to download it off the Nexus.

After probably about an hour of tinkering around, with the help of that tutorial on the nexus page (thank you so much for that, I was completely lost without it!), I was finally able to convert a set of armor... Well, sort of anyways. I had to remove a couple things that were giving me nothing but trouble, but I don't plan on releasing it anyways.

Thank you guys for a wonderful new program to mess around with! Now if only I could figure out how to add (T)BBP to armors... Do you guys plan on making a tutorial for that as well? I don't think I'll be able to work on something like that without one.

After probably about an hour of tinkering around, with the help of that tutorial on the nexus page (thank you so much for that, I was completely lost without it!), I was finally able to convert a set of armor... Well, sort of anyways. I had to remove a couple things that were giving me nothing but trouble, but I don't plan on releasing it anyways.

Thank you guys for a wonderful new program to mess around with! Now if only I could figure out how to add (T)BBP to armors... Do you guys plan on making a tutorial for that as well? I don't think I'll be able to work on something like that without one.

Yes, there will be one for BodySlide conversions, one for (T)BBP conversions and one for using BS 2.0 itself as a user. When? dunno

I definately did use that - had to mess around with it for a while to get the armor to fit just right - then I exported the nif.

Do I need to offset both the body AND the armor?  Or is that even a thing?

Also - I did this for both 0 and 1 nifs - I assume that is correct?

Sorry again for the hassle...

I have a very basic question here, I am using racemenu mod and it allows me to scale boobs and butt and biceps etc. With your new program, can I get that scaling to show up on armors and clothes my character wears? I am not talking about flopping boobs I am talking about if my character has bigger or smaller boobs and butt etc will the armors and clothes that I run through your program change size to match that? Also they should match to the npc that have bigger/smaller boobs etc right?

• resolve clipping
  • copy bones
  • export the mesh

Thanks so much for the tip - i get further along now, but in game things still aren't quite right:

Capture3.jpg

Ha!

Maybe Mai is always nude because she hasn't had a chance to find the right clothes - until now?

i just hope i will be not a pant....

I definately did use that - had to mess around with it for a while to get the armor to fit just right - then I exported the nif.

Do I need to offset both the body AND the armor?  Or is that even a thing?

Also - I did this for both 0 and 1 nifs - I assume that is correct?

Sorry again for the hassle...

As I said above, when you first import the outfit, you delete the body shape that came with it right away. You will then have 1 body shape and 1 armor shape left. Now, use "Offset Shape" only for the armor shape, to make it fit the body shape.

I have a very basic question here, I am using racemenu mod and it allows me to scale boobs and butt and biceps etc. With your new program, can I get that scaling to show up on armors and clothes my character wears? I am not talking about flopping boobs I am talking about if my character has bigger or smaller boobs and butt etc will the armors and clothes that I run through your program change size to match that? Also they should match to the npc that have bigger/smaller boobs etc right?

As long as the conversion you made using Outfit Studio has (T)BBP bones, the scaling will work in-game, yes. But only in-game, since RaceMenu doesn't magically run inside of Outfit Studio.

Ok, just remodeled the fur armor for DG, testing now.

Ok, seems the DG base body has fat arms ;) I know this happens when you use UNP armors on DG bodies, are the arms , hands , and feet modeled when you do conversions in OS? I converted all four fur/bandit armors, all have this issue.

Screen_Shot7.png

I kind of fumbled through a conversion of cbbe to 7b, since there isn't anything detail out yet. But...how do you turn off the texture feature abovewolf was talking about a few pages back? Looking at my mesh in-game it's applying the cbbe normal map to my 7b-converted armor's skin

First, make sure you have 7B compatible female body textures installed.

At the end of the whole conversion process in Outfit Studio, you have to replace the conversion reference set with the included 7B.nif file. To do this, use "File -> Load Reference" and choose either the "ConversionSets/7BConvert.xml" file or a 7B_1.nif file directly.

Ok, just remodeled the fur armor for DG, testing now.

Ok, seems the DG base body has fat arms  ;) I know this happens when you use UNP armors on DG bodies, are the arms , hands , and feet modeled when you do conversions in OS? I converted all four fur/bandit armors, all have this issue.

No, hands and feet are completely different meshes, they don't have anything to do with the main torso/pants outfit part.

Do you have the official DG hands and feet meshes installed? Did you also correctly create the low weight versions of the outfits so they don't have seams?

Yes I know I was not implying that about racemenu sorry but if TBBP bones are needed in the armor/clothes and they are not there can they be added by outfit studio?

Yep, they can be added and the weights can be copied or painted manually.

Yes I do indeed have all the DG parts (hands ands feet) installed, naked her hands and feet align perfectly. I did follow the instructions, deleting the duplicate body and adding back with the proper settings. The armor fits fine, looks like the DG shape, just seems like it's using the unp meshes to me even though I selected CBBE to DG and then DG High>Low and vice versa for the 0 mesh.

Yes I do indeed have all the DG parts (hands ands feet) installed, naked her hands and feet align perfectly. I did follow the instructions, deleting the duplicate body and adding back with the proper settings. The armor fits fine, looks like the DG shape, just seems like it's using the unp meshes to me even though I selected CBBE to DG and then DG High>Low and vice versa for the 0 mesh.

Well, I can say that the DG High->Low and Low->High meshes are definitely DreamGirl body shapes. So I'm not sure anymore what went wrong for you now?

Archived