BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

hmmm.... small question : I'm using Caliente Vanilla Armor and Clothes replacer for the clothes but they seem to resize the body parts even when used with the same presets the body uses, why and is there another/a good version for the clothing replacement ?

Not to be a pain, but does anyone know if the DG ankle seam issue is getting fixed in the next release?

Uhm... Dreamgirl uses it's own meshes for hands and feet. No vanilla seams. It doesn't matter

what seams the conversion set produces, since you must replace the body anyway.

Or is there a bug in the weight slider sets?

Not to be a pain, but does anyone know if the DG ankle seam issue is getting fixed in the next release?

Uhm... Dreamgirl uses it's own meshes for hands and feet. No vanilla seams. It doesn't matter

Or is there a bug in the weight slider set

Must be a bug because no matter what, if you don't reposition or stretch the legs there's a visible gap at the ankles. Take any unp armor, pull out the body, replace with DG from weight conversion xml, put on the armor without boots there will be gaps at the ankles. Do a unp to cbbe conversion, then cbbe to dream girl, then put in the dg body from weight conversion xml, copy bone wegihts like normal ... put on the armor without boots , gaps at the ankles. Those are just examples. UNP or vanilla or cbbe to start makes no difference.

Must be a bug because no matter what, if you don't reposition or stretch the legs there's a visible gap at the ankles. Take any unp armor, pull out the body, replace with DG from weight conversion xml, put on the armor without boots there will be gaps at the ankles. Do a unp to cbbe conversion, then cbbe to dream girl, then put in the dg body from weight conversion xml, copy bone wegihts like normal ... put on the armor without boots , gaps at the ankles. Those are just examples. UNP or vanilla or cbbe to start makes no difference.

I'm having the same problem, only with both ankles and wrists when I equip newly converted armors and I am using Arngrim11's sevenbase variant mesh. Either it's a bug, or bodyslide2 doesn't like different meshes other than the ones in the presets

I'm having the same problem, only with both ankles and wrists when I equip newly converted armors and I am using Arngrim11's sevenbase variant mesh. Either it's a bug, or bodyslide2 doesn't like different meshes other than the ones in the presets

That can't happen on my examples as I'm using the ones that come with OS. Not anymore mind you since none of my conversions would be useable if I were.

Let me see if I get this:

1. You have installed that other body, DG, Bombshape or whatever, incuding the hand and feet meshes that come with them. And no seams.

2. You have converted an outfit from some other bodytype following these steps:

* load conversion reference

* load outfit, fix offsets and conform, make this the new baseshape somehow (if that works for you)

* throw away the body, load weight conversion reference (including real meshes),

you need to make your own if using a body without an existing weight conversion ref

* save project, load it in Bodyslide and ctrl+build

* check bone translations in nifscope to see they match body, at least in overall scale,

otherwise you may need to redo the conversion with skeleton of custom body, or...

...or paste the shapes unto the body in Nifscope (requires similar bone offsets)

Too complicated? :-/

Let me see if I get this:

1. You have installed that other body, DG, Bombshape or whatever, incuding the hand and feet meshes that come with them. And no seams.

2. You have converted an outfit from some other bodytype following these steps:

* load conversion reference

* load outfit, fix offsets and conform, make this the new baseshape somehow (if that works for you)

* throw away the body, load weight conversion reference (including real meshes),

you need to make your own if using a body without an existing weight conversion ref

* save project, load it in Bodyslide and ctrl+build

* check bone translations in nifscope to see they match body, at least in overall scale,

otherwise you may need to redo the conversion with skeleton of custom body, or...

...or paste the shapes unto the body in Nifscope (requires similar bone offsets)

Too complicated? :-/

Is that addressed to me? I follow the anything to anything tutorial exactly as it was written. Example: Use a Caliente converted vanilla armor from the releases on the nexus. open new project CBBE to DG. click next, open nif in shape data for the Caliente cbbe converted armor. delete base shape included in the armor, select convert all, slide slider to right, select set base shape. Use weightconvert.xml provided with OS, select DG high>low. Adjust slipping, fit armor to body. Duplicate shape into armor mesh. Copy bone weights, check if bone weights are alright, adjust as needed. Export to armor_1.nif. Delete body shape in armor. Set convert all, slide slider to small side. Set base shape, select add reference, load dg low>hi from the xml again. Fit to shape, copy shape into armor. copy bone weights. Check weights export to armor_0.nif. Place the nifs in the proper location in data/meshes/... Go in game with proper DG installation including hands and feet. Put on armor without boots there is at least 4 pixel gaps at ankles.

This happens for every armor converted this way. Using Calientes BS conversions as a base, there's no nifscope issues and copying the bone weights does make for a rather sloppy weight copy but it's pretty easy to clean up manually. The only way to avoid the ankle gaps is to edit the nifs in bodyslide/shapedata/weightconvert/ dg1 and dg0 nifs by stretching the legs a tiny amount ... I mean tiny. But for some reason it looks huge in game with these gaps.

@ dtd, try the same operation but without touch to legs slider, kneeheight slider... to smallseam slider(maybe they need a fix).

It's a personnal solution, and maybe not the best but this worked for me. No more gaps on legs.

I'm not using bodyyslide at all, just outfit studio, there is no leg sliders involved. Converting to Dream Girl gets you 2 nifs, a large and small, there's no adjustable anything when using this body except in game body size sliders. The sliders I'm using are to change from the large size nif once exported to the small size as per the instructions in any of the conversion tutorials.

I'll just go ahead and mark a few things that you should skip...

Use a Caliente converted vanilla armor from the releases on the nexus. open new project CBBE to DG. click next, open nif in shape data for the Caliente cbbe converted armor. delete base shape included in the armor, select convert all, slide slider to right, select set base shape. Use weightconvert.xml provided with OS, select DG high>low. Adjust slipping, fit armor to body. Duplicate shape into armor mesh. Copy bone weights, check if bone weights are alright, adjust as needed. Duplicate shape into armor mesh. (moved here so you don't accidently copy body weights to body) Export to armor_1.nif. Delete body shape in armor. Set convert all, slide slider to small side. Set base shape, select add reference, load dg low>hi from the xml again. Fit to shape, copy shape into armor. copy bone weights. Check weights export to armor_0.nif. (probably unnecessary, if you trust the high-weight weights). Instead save project and use Bodyslide to create the 0.nif. Place the nifs in the proper location in data/meshes/... Go in game with proper DG installation including hands and feet. Put on armor without boots there is at least 4 pixel gaps at ankles.

This happens for every armor converted this way.

It could be a BS2 problem with the way it copies weighting, or the ref skeleton being incomptible with DG. Hmm...

Just want to make sure you're not copying weighting from body to body, as that will surely mess up the seams

among other things. Apart from that I have no idea what could be the cause.

For weight copying Mesh rigger could be a better choice: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/

It could be a BS2 problem with the way it copies weighting, or the ref skeleton being incomptible with DG. Hmm...

Just want to make sure you're not copying weighting from body to body, as that will surely mess up the seams

among other things. Apart from that I have no idea what could be the cause.

For weight copying Mesh rigger could be a better choice: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/

I'm not copying the weights from body to body, I right click the armor pieces copying the bone weights in as per the instructions. For the first 3 dozen or so armors I left the instruction page open to be sure as not to make any mistakes :)

So you're suggesting not to delete the large body once you've resized it to small and inserting the DG low>hi? The weights are different on the default DG bodies from small to large nifs. The weighting isn't the issue, for some reason there's that dang gap at the ankles. I have no issues with the weighting. Can it be xmps? Petrovich suggest using the skeleton from CHSBHC. I've not had that skeleton installed for years now. Recently I've been using the xmps updated skeleton with the HDT rigging found here.

To address what I meant was sloppy weight copying, if you open the TBBP DG body in OS and check the butt bone weighting, you'll see that it's very small and tidy. To make an armor TBBP-ified I've been loading the TBBP body as a reference, selecting the butt and breast bones, then using copy selected weights to all the pieces including the embedded body (but only the selected weights). Once that's done, looking at the butt bones of pieces in OS you'll see the copied weights are much much larger, going down onto the thighs and across from right to left cheek and vice versa. Easily cleaned up.

Also, when copying the bone weights when initially converting an armor invariably the thighs have crosstalk, pretty heavy because if you don't remove it the actual mesh will stretch out like you pulled the material to connect the legs when in sneak pose. Another easy cleanup.

None of these are deal breakers to me considering I've converted about 1000 armor pieces now I think the tools are super and am ever-so thankful for them. :)

All I wanted to do was point out the ankle seam issue since no one had mentioned it before. I've tried a few ways to do these conversions, UNP to Dream Girl is a no brainer since the armors fit almost exactly anyway. Using Calientes converted vanilla armor nifs in bodyslide/shapedata seem like a perfect match as well since they're already made for the tools. Happy modding :)

So you're suggesting not to delete the large body once you've resized it to small and inserting the DG low>hi? The weights are different on the default DG bodies from small to large nifs. The weighting isn't the issue, for some reason there's that dang gap at the ankles. I have no issues with the weighting. Can it be xmps? Petrovich suggest using the skeleton from CHSBHC. I've not had that skeleton installed for years now. Recently I've been using the xmps updated skeleton with the HDT rigging found here.

XPMS used to do some strange tbbp-things, but those isues should be fixed now. Never heard of it causing seams.

With that said, DG uses some bones that at least UNP variants don't: 1 more at the ankles, and 2 more at the wrists.

About high/low weighting, there's two reasons why I'd personally ignore any difference:

1. Bodyslide sets only support one source nif. Not a concern for a regular conversion.

2. Bone weights do not scale in-game. At bodyweight 0-99, the 0.nif is used, and only

vertex data is scaled from the 1.nif delta. Well, maybe not just vertex data, but tests

verify that boneweights are not scaled. At weight 100, the 1.nif is used.

Also, when copying the bone weights when initially converting an armor invariably the thighs have crosstalk, pretty heavy because if you don't remove it the actual mesh will stretch out like you pulled the material to connect the legs when in sneak pose. Another easy cleanup.

This may be just ignorance on my part, but I'd guess that OS weight copying uses the same method as slider conversion -

simple proximity weighting. Similar to my own script but a tiny bit faster. :rolleyes:  I have no idea how to properly implement

quality weight copying, but a first step in Outfit Studio would be to add similar options as those use for the brushes, which

seem quite advanced though a little hard to use in practice (no visual feedback). Then possibly add some blending/blur

effect on connected areas, if that makes sense.

I know i've seen the answer to this problem somewhere in the early pages of this thread when I first lurked here, but I can't for the life of me find it. So as I continue searching, would anyone know how to fix these node(?) issues? They're causing an awful neck seam on converted outfits.

You can see, the original mesh in NifSkope, totally fine, no nodes exposed or seams caused.

post-179952-0-69082600-1396412806_thumb.png

And here's my conversion to the CBBE Advanced TBBP body, with OS configured to my skeleton after a clean install. Exposed nodes, horrible neck seam.

post-179952-0-24081400-1396412905_thumb.png

At the moment, this is the only thing holding me back from converting outfits, so anyone who can help me fix this will forever have my gratitude. And i'll gladly share the files!

I know i've seen the answer to this problem somewhere in the early pages of this thread when I first lurked here, but I can't for the life of me find it. So as I continue searching, would anyone know how to fix these node(?) issues? They're causing an awful neck seam on converted outfits.

You can see, the original mesh in NifSkope, totally fine, no nodes exposed or seams caused.

attachicon.gifOriginal.png

And here's my conversion to the CBBE Advanced TBBP body, with OS configured to my skeleton after a clean install. Exposed nodes, horrible neck seam.

attachicon.gifConverted.png

At the moment, this is the only thing holding me back from converting outfits, so anyone who can help me fix this will forever have my gratitude. And i'll gladly share the files!

Re-weight using Mesh Rigger.

Also neck seams and arm seams may not be solely because of weight issues but can also be messed up because of the lockseam sliders that are hidden.

attachicon.gifOriginal.png

attachicon.gifConverted.png

Re-weight using Mesh Rigger.

Also neck seams and arm seams may not be solely because of weight issues but can also be messed up because of the lockseam sliders that are hidden.

I'd hazard a guess those sliders are my problem, i've edited weights on other meshes and it's turned out fine. So is there any way to reveal these sliders?

I'd hazard a guess those sliders are my problem, i've edited weights on other meshes and it's turned out fine. So is there any way to reveal these sliders?

Open up your armour conversions slider set.xml file in the SliderSets folder via Notepad or text editor.

Look for the section that says 'LockSeam Sliders' and remove those entries and save.

Open up your armour conversions slider set.xml file in the SliderSets folder via Notepad or text editor.

Look for the section that says 'LockSeam Sliders' and remove those entries and save.

Alright that was easy enough, though i'm still not too certain where that slider is supposed to appear at...

But from further experimentation i've found that it's not just the neck that has a seam issue, but the wrists (mid forearm to be exact) as well. So the whole mesh/outfit is off centered somehow. Not sure if that sheds anymore light on the situation though.

If I choose new project Sevebase to CBBE in OS, click next, then load a nif I get no default body or slider? Is there a fix for this? Sorry if it's already been answered.

Templates doesn't always load correctly, but you can load the set manually (in CalConvert.xml).

Is there a fix/workaround somewhere for darkened preview? My preview windows are about 50% bright in texture view. 

The issue tracker says 

Texture colors multiplied by 2 in defshader.fs ... this brightens the textures nicely.  not bright enough? increase the multiplier!  future enhancement might make this an easily configurable setting.

but nothing changes when I change the values in that file and restarting the application (bold is for the inevitable someone that will tell me I need to restart the app)

Archived