BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

Really straightforward question: Is there any way I can force BodySlide to accept a more vertex-heavy body than CBBE for its advanced sliderset and/or custom sliders?  CBBE may be popular, but it is rather polygon-starved - easily the fewest polygons of any body model I've checked.  This is a particular problem at the nipples, where attempts to make certain adjustments fall flat simply because there aren't enough vertices to work with (any reasonably close scrutiny reveals the resulting blocky nature).  This question isn't concerned with armors or Outfit Studio but merely with the body itself.

UNPB or UNPBO, which have literally twice as many vertices as CBBE, would likely be ideal.

They are not ideal. Vertex count is higher yes, but distribution is not that great, and the mesh has more definition which requires more vertices.

Still you can try current version of Bodyslide UNP to get an idea. But I am in the preocess of updating it, so it's not final.

You can not force Bodyslide to do things it can't do. Sliders are vertex data, so they only work on bodies with identical vertex order.

Well stuffed_bunny (here in this page), is one of the authors / supporters of the UNP Bodyslide too, they can tell better how goes Outfit Studio in therms of compatibility with that alt Bodyslide.

Pretty sure I'm the only author / supporter. At least so far.  :-/

idk if it is just me or if others are having similar issues... but i have been having a lot of trouble over the last few days.

let me start by saying that bodyslide 2 and outfit studio have been working exactly as they should.  if something doesnt work it is usually because i forgot a step or messed up the outfit before it got to OS.  however, i seem to be having an issue with the skeleton and or various body files (tbbp and cbbe).  i am using the xpms 1-6 t-pose max file that xp32 provided as a modders reference.  i am also using the caliente body and the dragonflytbbp body from shape data folder as my body references.  belo is a pic of the start of the problem.  the blue wiremesh is the standard cbbe body.  the purple one is the tbbp body.  fitting armor for one shape means i need to redo it to fit on the other shape.

efmx.png[/img]

the next part of the problem is here...  this is how the tbbp shape shows up in bodyslide 2.  the fully fleshed version is the tbbp reference from 3ds max.  all i did was export it.  the wireframe version is the bodyslide 2 version for tbbp.  same shape, yet not the same.  bodyslide 2 uses the dragonflytbbp nif as its reference just like i did in max.

2vqc.png[/img]

i have tried to adjust the breast bones in 3ds max so the tbbp shape is virtually identical to the cbbe, then exported it and loaded it into bodyslide 2 with the tbbp reference.  when i have copied all the bone weights and saved the outfit i get a creshed/sunken chest. as shown here.  i have even tried exporting just the tbbp reference from bodyslide 2 and loaded it into 3ds max and i still get the whole crushed boob thing.

cw46.png[/img]

does anyone have any idea what is causing this or how i can fix it?

does anyone have any idea what is causing this or how i can fix it?

I think the workaround goes like this: Do your outfit studio conversion without BBP or TBBP (delete the weighting if the mesh comes with BBP or TBBP). Create the outfits with your prefered preset in bodyslide. Now go to outfit studio again, load up the newly created _1.nif of your outfit and as a reference a matching TBBP body, ideally one that is identical to the preset you used to create the non-TBBP. Now copy the boneweights from your reference to the outfit and then export the current nif, don't click on "save project" but on "export current nif". Open a new project and to it for the _0.nif variant of your outfit again.

I think it's currently impossible to create a working slider set with BBP or TBBP at the moment because outfit studio messes something up in the process of creating the values of the sliderset and the corresponding nif.

hey could someone help me out here, i converted the version of the df_19 boots from unp to 7base but they turned out really mangled looking.

i didn't mess with the weights on them since i know they don't work well doing that.

the one is from the unpb thread, since they work for OS when the original ones don't.  i converted the df_33 and they turned out well but OS seemed to have messed the others up badly.

boots.7z

i  i am also using the caliente body and the dragonflytbbp body from shape data folder as my body references.  belo is a pic of the start of the problem.  the blue wiremesh is the standard cbbe body.  the purple one is the tbbp body.  fitting armor for one shape means i need to redo it to fit on the other shape.

the next part of the problem is here...  this is how the tbbp shape shows up in bodyslide 2.  the fully fleshed version is the tbbp reference from 3ds max.  all i did was export it.  the wireframe version is the bodyslide 2 version for tbbp.  same shape, yet not the same.  bodyslide 2 uses the dragonflytbbp nif as its reference just like i did in max.

i have tried to adjust the breast bones in 3ds max so the tbbp shape is virtually identical to the cbbe, then exported it and loaded it into bodyslide 2 with the tbbp reference.  when i have copied all the bone weights and saved the outfit i get a creshed/sunken chest. as shown here.  i have even tried exporting just the tbbp reference from bodyslide 2 and loaded it into 3ds max and i still get the whole crushed boob thing.

1. CalienteBody used to have a non-vanilla offset (the [0 2.5443 -3.2879] thing). For Bodyslide 2, Caliente fixed this

for the default body. But the TBBP body belonged to the CB++ addon which was included as-is, and that still has the

old offset. Report it in the official thread if not reported already.

Edit: It was a shape offset, not a vertex offset. But checking the vertex data it seams only the default body

has been fixed, not the bbp one. Dependng on which app is used for export, the tbbp version lines up either

with bbp or the non-bbp. Bbp version never lines up with default, but all shapes are identical.

Check attached blender file for comparison.

2. I haven't personally used 3ds max, but from reading comments, and seeing the effects  when trying to convert

outfits to Bodyslide, it has a tendency to mix up vertex data with bone weights, modifying the original vertex data in

the process. Bodyslide totally depends on correct vertex data, so you can guess the effects...

When I helped dragonfly produce a TBBP mesh that could be used for Bodyslide, the first sources where unusable.

Although the body lined up fine in game, just checking vertex data in Blender revealed the body was scaled and had

misaligned seams. Finally he managed to output a non-scaled body, although it was custom shape it could be slided

to CB baseshape, and then Bodyslide TBBP was born.

So... if you want to use 3ds max for anything meant for Bodyslide, you need to search for a thread that explains

how to set it up to preserve vertex data correctly.

3. As just said... Try to find a way to turn off weighting/armature/skeleton effects in 3ds max. Trying to adjust

vertex positions to compansate for in-app effects will just screw up things even more.

CB_Baseshapes_BS2_vs_Nifscope.7z

I think it's currently impossible to create a working slider set with BBP or TBBP at the moment because outfit studio messes something up in the process of creating the values of the sliderset and the corresponding nif.

Not so. As long as the differing offsets are compensated for, it should be quite possible. Just make sure to use

the correct sliderset when doing the bodyslide conversion, because the default set has different clamp (lock seam)

sliders than the bbp or tbbp set. Bugfix waiting to happen probably.

Edit: Did I accidently kill this thread...? :unsure:

Edit: Did I accidently kill this thread...? :unsure:

:exclamation:

Images of the new areola slider (for the next version) for CBBE BS taken in BodySlide with -50% (negative) and 80% values attached. :)

(textures are SG Textures with CBBE default nipples blended over)

post-85595-0-89655000-1389969407_thumb.png

post-85595-0-59440900-1389969412_thumb.png

I've been doing some DG conversion and every armor that has uncovered legs invariably has gaps at the ankles. I've installed DG v2 from the nexus that includes hands and feet. So here's what I'm talking about : http://jpegshare.net/images/a6/97/a6979540025accd82c8812f03a7544d2.jpg , here's a plain naked DG in same pose. Don't look at the thighs as I know that's a bone wight copy issue which I correct manually now. http://jpegshare.net/images/dc/df/dcdf025184acd8188c3d94241d0a1226.jpg

suggestion for Weight Painting:

provide preset weights in color: blue, light blue, green, yellow, red etc.. to complement 'hold and spray'. Example, with a blue brush sprayed over a red area, red is replaced with blue. 

...messing around with HDT Physics I've discovered the subtle transitions of weight painting are more pronounced with HDT than with hkx keyed animations. The spray feature would also benefit if it worked per vertex, so that when holding over one vertex (not moving brush) the thickness of weight-paint would gradually increase/decrease weight and expand outward/inward -- great for isolating muscle groups and fleshy areas. 

Going to mess around with hdt and weight painted arms and legs for mucsle/flesh effects. 

Is there any way to convert just the uv wrap in bodyslide? It sounds ridiculous but I can't be the only one who thought this..

Caliente has tried coding it for fun and it kinda worked. I'm not really sure if we'll ever implement it, though.

UNPB or UNPBO, which have literally twice as many vertices as CBBE, would likely be ideal.

They are not ideal. Vertex count is higher yes, but distribution is not that great, and the mesh has more definition which requires more vertices.

I would argue that it's not a question of requiring more vertices so much as having them available so that the necessity of putting up with polygonal models is minimized.  When that is the goal - as one assumes it to be with UNP - then seemingly redundant distribution starts to make better sense.  Returning to my point about vertices where it counts, we already know what happens when you start off having balanced vertices with a particular shape (CBBE default) and begin to tweak it, like expanding the breasts (as all CBBE variants do).  The breasts and nipples become the specific parts of the mesh which are now disproportionately starved of detail.  (Same thing goes for the textures, incidentally.)  There are two solutions: You either start out with the model balanced to have a high proportion of vertices in the breasts, or you simply have the entire model enjoy that kind of abundance.  (Likewise for textures, the only practical solution is to use a 4k+ option.)

Still you can try current version of Bodyslide UNP to get an idea. But I am in the preocess of updating it, so it's not final.

Soon. ;p  Still in the process of collecting armor and other mods while waiting for solutions to my wishlist to accumulate.  (And also for Steam to have a dang sale.)

You can not force Bodyslide to do things it can't do. Sliders are vertex data, so they only work on bodies with identical vertex order.

So I have come to appreciate.  Poor Lother, who has been very generous with his efforts, has tried to accomplish a particular puffy-nippled look with both CBBE and UNP, using Bodyslide2 (and he's probably the only person on the planet to do this).  It is obvious that BodySlide2, in its current iteration, is simply not capable of forcing certain vertex modifications.  Such a thing would need to be specifically enabled as a feature, as no custom slider will make it happen.  However, even a mesh with CBBE's vertex count is capable of achieving the puffy look (not satisfactorily, but still so), as Manga Body proves:

type3f_vs_mangabody.jpg

Catch 22, though; I have plenty of issues with Manga Body, starting with the "dead ahead" positioning of the nipples and ending with the poor definition across most of the body (it's a mod of a preexisting mesh).

Pretty sure I'm the only author / supporter. At least so far.   :-/

Your efforts are very much appreciated, make no mistake.  Plenty of people have been sold on UNP's higher detail mesh.  I do have to admit, though, that I'm on the verge of just saying "screw it" and going with CBBE or maybe even Manga Body.  (I'd just about pay somebody to convert Type 3F to Skyrim, though. ;p )

That it's true, however, if you use UNPB (high weight) and copy weights and conform to slidersets from CBBE reference (they both are very similar shape) the body resultant is a UNP perfectly usable in Bodyslide 2, and all sliders works fine (however the same preset has slight differences showing over UNP than CB, because the different distribution of the vertices and such, but just that, differences).

The "PuffyNipples" case, the sliders I've created works fine in Bodyslide 2 (both in CB and UNP), however it's like trying to make an sculpture with cannons, a simple vertice edit option ala ECE, nothing complicated, would be more like welcome in future updates, honey.

Hi,

I'm currently messing around with Lother's unp preset and got a low weight neck problem, as you can see in the left preview window:

s7C65fo.jpg

I'm using ModOrganizer, the Overwrite folder is empty and my last femalebody_0.nif is from demonized's original body.

Please don't judge me because of dumb- or blindness, but where does BodySlide2 take that low weight body from?

It's definitely not unp's _0 weight, so I suppose BS2 uses only the one *.nif file in my ShapeData folder for low and high weight(?).

Well, obviously, is there a way to solve this neck issue?

Hi,

I'm currently messing around with Lother's unp preset and got a low weight neck problem, as you can see in the left preview window:

s7C65fo.jpg

I'm using ModOrganizer, the Overwrite folder is empty and my last femalebody_0.nif is from demonized's original body.

Please don't judge me because of dumb- or blindness, but where does BodySlide2 take that low weight body from?

It's definitely not unp's _0 weight, so I suppose BS2 uses only the one *.nif file in my ShapeData folder for low and high weight(?).

Well, obviously, is there a way to solve this neck issue?

UNPBase by itself does nothing for the weights.  You need to pick a preset from below or make your own.

Edit:  I see what you mean, when saving the preset, it seems it only saves the max weight body, and not the min weight body.

hi there,

i'm following this bodyslide 2.0 project since it's release. and since i don't know stuff i got to ask which tut i have to read/follow for this armor. maybee someone can help me out just where to start from. there a couple of tut's linked on the BS 2.0 Nexus description page, but since english isn't my own language i just need some pointing at which direction i should take.

It's my favorite armor from Aradia "Aradia Leather Armour Skimpy CHSBHC BBP v1.0.rar"

Edit: my goal might be CBBE 3.2 and Bodyslide

post-136521-0-27901700-1390666629_thumb.jpg

In case someone have used the UNP-UNPB conversion sets I posted here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/page-31?do=findComment&comment=638351

... may have noticed that the current crossmesh sliders has some problems. There was a vertex ring

on the outside of the breasts that rotated a tick, leading to texture stretching. This is solved, but there

is still a tiny hint of nipple twist that I'd appricate a second opinion on.

UNP_1 slider for UNPB is attached. Paste this file in, load the "UNPB to any" set in Outfit Studio, then

test the UNP_1 slider. Preferably textures on, and try both with and without wireframe (w).

The main problem with a UNP-UNPB bridge, apart from the actual missing/added breast vertex rings,

is that these rings and the surrounding are distributed differently on UNP vs UNPB. I decided to go with

vertex mapping anyway, to make slider conversion as exact as possible. But this means the texture will

be slightly stretched/compacted when passing the mesh bridge, then again most sliders have some of

that effect.

Anyway, I could use some opinions like: "rotate this ring a tick" or "it's good enough", before continuing

on the Bodyslide UNPB port.

[...]

Anyway, I could use some opinions like: "rotate this ring a tick" or "it's good enough", before continuing

Well, I'm no expert and only used to look at smaller weighted unp/b bodies.

The rotation is way better than your previous version.

While sliding from unpb to unp1 the nipples are growing (are unp nipples really bigger than unpb ones?). Cause of that and the tiny rotation the texture is stretched a little bit further.

I'm close to say that the nipple rotation itself is okay/good, while the stretching is still strong. Dunno if that's completely related to your work.

tested with Real Girls Body Texture in 4k dxt1 quality.

left side unp1 0%,    right side unp1 100%.

RL7W4k9.jpg

You're only talking about nipples? Cause there are 2 visible wreaths, if that's the right translation.

One is stretching the outer part of the areola, the other one is compressing and framing the areola as a visible bright ring.

UJaIC4A.jpg

[...]

Well, I'm no expert and only used to look at smaller weighted unp/b bodies.

The rotation is way better than your previous version.

While sliding from unpb to unp1 the nipples are growing (are unp nipples really bigger than unpb ones?). Cause of that and the tiny rotation the texture is stretched a little bit further.

Yep, nipples are that much bigger. When comparing to a UNP mesh side by side you can see that the outer areola is a bit rotated,

but it's not entirely clear if it's just one ring (4th from center) or more that needs to go counter-clockwise a tick.

post-46434-0-25129000-1390942773_thumb.jpg

I'm close to say that the nipple rotation itself is okay/good, while the stretching is still strong. Dunno if that's completely related to your work.

You're only talking about nipples? Cause there are 2 visible wreaths, if that's the right translation.

One is stretching the outer part of the areola, the other one is compressing and framing the areola as a visible bright ring.

It's not possible to get it completely right by snapping vertex rings to each other, considering that the UV maps don't match, so there has to be some stretching. But not this much.

Luckily ring 5 and 7 can be placed freely, so I should be able to avoid some of the compacting/stretching, possibly put a stop to that bright ring.

The UV map mismatch was actually a secret to me, until a wrote a function that reshapes an OBJ like another by matching UVs. Turned out to be not very useful in this case.  :(

Edit: Have fixed pretty much all rotation issues. Unfortunately couldn't do much about the "white ring"  without breaking

the vertex ring connection, which I prefer to keep. But in game, at least in my game it's unnoticable. New UNP_1 for UNPB:

(removed)

Will update the conversion set package asap, then start the Bodyslide UNPB port.

You've done a really good job in fixing the rotation issue.

If I may write about a thing that I've noticed and if you're still open for suggestions, well,

depending on the camera angle the inner side of the breast looks flat and got an edge to the (white) vertex ring we've spoken about.

Would it be possible to smooth that part for a natural round curve?

I can upload a picture showing what I'm talking about, if my description is not clear.

You've done a really good job in fixing the rotation issue.

If I may write about a thing that I've noticed and if you're still open for suggestions, well,

depending on the camera angle the inner side of the breast looks flat and got an edge to the (white) vertex ring we've spoken about.

Would it be possible to smooth that part for a natural round curve?

I can upload a picture showing what I'm talking about, if my description is not clear.

Possibly a picture might help. But this is the UNP shape, at least all the UNP vertices line up. There's

a slight triangle mismatch, partly because there are more vertices in UNPB. I put the extra rings about

in the middle of surrounding rings, snapped to the edges that matched best. I could normal-raise those

rings a bit, but then the shape will be rounder then UNP.

The other mismatch is the UV-map. UNP has a bigger nipple, nvm. Then outside the areola the UNP UVs

are a bit closer to the center than UNBP (as I lined it up), that's where the white ring comes from, the UVs

are compacted a bit more than UNP. While visible in Bodyslide preview, l couldn't see the effect in game.

post-46434-0-69965000-1391549058_thumb.jpg post-46434-0-44233100-1391549258_thumb.jpg

I can post the blend file if you like to try other solutions, but for now this will have to do as a mesh bridge.

Archived