BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

2nd item up for discussion: Window placement.

The daggone windows won't stay where I put them after close. Any way around that? someth to force them to stay?

Bodyslide walks down-right as if it were a 2nd window in a series of windows . . . even tho I just opened it.

Outfit studio jumps to the right half of my 2nd (left side) monitor. It keeps size, but always goes to that position. 

Ideas?

[edit]

I wasn't expecting the window size and placement to be in the config.ini so I changed it to where I wanted it to go.

>BAM< right where I wanted it. One time. Next run, the windows went right back to the previous annoying placement. IOW, I told it whate i wanted and the program(s) overwrote it.

So I change it again and locked the file. >BAM< right where I want it. Forever.

there's a Feature Request in here somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Making bodyslide work with Mod Organizer . . . this is how I do it.

The "official" instructions take the approach to install it and make BS work as if it were a mod to skyrim. My setup makes it work as if it were an executable on the level of skyrim. Mod Organizer sets up the data dir for BS the same is if it would for Skyrim and any changes you make will be saved where it's supposed to go without having to move files afterwards.

Is there a fix/workaround somewhere for darkened preview? My preview windows are about 50% bright in texture view.

Hey MB

Long time lurker, first time poster here...

I almost pulled all my hair out over the same problem.

Bodyslide was working perfectly until I did a re-install of skyrim and made some tweaks to my system.  I then started to get darkened preview windows.

post-27771-0-31225900-1398495759_thumb.png

Do you have AMD/Radeon graphics? Part of my tweaking involved upgrading to the latest beta drivers and, for me, that was the cause of the problem.

But Good News, Everyone! If you like your beta drivers, you can keep your beta drivers. You just need to put a copy of 'atioglxx.dll' from an older version of the ATI Catalyst package inside the BodySlide directory (folder that contains 'BodySlide.exe')

For your convenience, attached is a copy of atiolgxx.dll from the latest non-beta package (13-12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql)

This is the Win64 bit version!!

atioglxx.zip

(unzip this to your BodySlide directory)

If you're running 32 bit windows you'll need to DIY following the instructions below. (Also if you don't trust downloads from strange men on the internet.)

1. Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us  and download the appropriate driver package for your hardware. Don't get the beta driver!

2. Run the downloaded .exe to extract the files, but cancel the install process after the files have been uncompressed.

3. Navigate to the directory where the files were extracted. (C:\AMD\Support is default)

4. Open the folder in there (e.g.:\13-12_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql) and navigate to \Packages\Drivers\Display\Wxxx_INF\Bxxxxxx

5. Find and copy  atioglxx.dl_

6. Navigate to C:\  Create a new folder here called "driver" (don't type the quotes) and paste atioglxx.dl_ into it.

7. Go to the start button. type "cmd" (no quotes) in the search window and press enter. This will open up a command prompt window.

8. In the command window, type "cd \driver" and press enter. (you guessed it...no quotes!). You should now see C:\driver in front of the cursor.

9. Type "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll" (note the space after the underscore.)

10. When the file has finished expanding, you can close the command window. Navigate back to C:\driver.

11. Now there are two files here. Copy atioglxx.dll and paste it into the main BodySlide directory. (where BodySlide.exe is)

12. Run BodySlide. Check the preview. Good? Good.

Hope that helps.

cg

Making bodyslide work with Mod Organizer . . . this is how I do it.

The "official" instructions take the approach to install it and make BS work as if it were a mod to skyrim. My setup makes it work as if it were an executable on the level of skyrim. Mod Organizer sets up the data dir for BS the same is if it would for Skyrim and any changes you make will be saved where it's supposed to go without having to move files afterwards.

If the official instructions say that, they are quite wrong. It barely takes half a brain to realise

that Bodyslide is not a Skyrim game mod, but an external tool to install meshes for Skyrim.

Meshes of course need to be installed through MO to work with MO, and your guide is a nice tip

on how to make it work with outfit mods with no risk of updates overwriting Bodyslided meshes.

OTOH, if the mod is never updated, no need to make a clone of it. Batchbuild and let it overwrite

meshes, and if for some reason you would want the default shape back, just reinstall mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have read through the whole forum and I have some questions.

1. Can OS modify body mods to support features? I.e. Make the latest unpb support the belly node without having to use the unp pregnant mesh.

2. The same idea but with skeletons.

On another note if anyone can link me to some slider sets for unpb that would be awesome.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a fix/workaround somewhere for darkened preview? My preview windows are about 50% bright in texture view.

Hey MB

Long time lurker, first time poster here...

[snip]

First time posting here to say, this worked like a charm, and also fixed the ability to see the mask tool darkened areas. I did update to the newest AMD driver, but that didn't work. Only putting the old .dll file in the Bodyslide folder actually fixed it. It's weird.

Hi I have read through the whole forum and I have some questions.

1. Can OS modify body mods to support features? I.e. Make the latest unpb support the belly node without having to use the unp pregnant mesh.

2. The same idea but with skeletons.

On another note if anyone can link me to some slider sets for unpb that would be awesome.

Cheers.

Yes, you can add any bone/copy any weights to any body using the Add/Delete Bone or Copy Bone Weights features.

Guys link bodyslide and outfit studio not work, can you refresh, or gove new link???

Link (first post) never stopped working for me.

• 2 weeks later...

i have really been digging in to hdt stuff like flappity clothes and stuff.  i have tried importing a couple hdt modified armors into OS and it removes the extra bones. but, making 2 distinct files for high and low weights just for the flappity bits is a real PITA.

if i had a skeleton with the flappity bits bones and i replace the default skeleton in BS with it, would my hdt bones still get deleted when i import the outfit?  also, if that idea will work, would i need to make new sliders to adjust the position and scale of the hdt bones? and lastly, if all that would work, how do i do it?  im mostly just looking at adding bones for loincloths, cloaks, armor "tails (like some of the tera armors have)

i have really been digging in to hdt stuff like flappity clothes and stuff.  i have tried importing a couple hdt modified armors into OS and it removes the extra bones. but, making 2 distinct files for high and low weights just for the flappity bits is a real PITA.

if i had a skeleton with the flappity bits bones and i replace the default skeleton in BS with it, would my hdt bones still get deleted when i import the outfit?  also, if that idea will work, would i need to make new sliders to adjust the position and scale of the hdt bones? and lastly, if all that would work, how do i do it?  im mostly just looking at adding bones for loincloths, cloaks, armor "tails (like some of the tera armors have)

Dear god, it sounds like you have the motherload of a collection of HDT enabled armours and stuff.

Your best bet?

1. Make ABSOLUTELY sure that the skinning of the files is final.

2. Now make a copy of your shape, load into 3dsMax, delete skinning (Make sure the dress still retains it's shape though!).

3. You can either export as obj or nif now. The new unweighted nif is now what you shall use as a 'placebo' to generate sliders in OS

4. Load the new unweighted nif/obj, create sliders as usual.

5. When done, and you have saved your work, replace inside the shapedata folder of your work the original weighted nif over the dummy nif.

6. Generate in Bodyslide.

*Note: Using above method will not allow you to make zap sliders :(, Or allow you to change weights in OS.

I vaguely remember doing a NPR China dress bodyslide conversion this way and I think I was successful.

If the above method doesn't work then their is another sure-fire way that will also allow zap sliders to be made.

But it's a lot more work, so I hope you give the above version a try first.

Also, bodyslide sliders do no adjust bones or weights.

the point is to have the weights adjustable.  i want to load my skimpy silerlight armor with its twin hdt loin cloths like i would any other armor...  adjust the offset (if any) set base shape, max out sliders ad fix the clipping, copy bone weights (including the hdt bones), and save the project.  then i want to restart bodyslide, select my favorite preset and the outfit i just finished and have it create the _0 and _1 versions of the outfit with all my hdt work still intact.  just like it does now but without the hdt flappity bits.  i know it is a skeleton issue somewhere because OS keeps telling me it cant find the bone(s) and it removes them.  i know OS doesnt NEED to remove bones because there are dozens of bones not being used that dont get deleted (extra hair, skirts, cloaks, etc.).  so how do i get OS to not delete my bones?

also, since the position of the armor bits differ based upon the sliders settings....  for instance, the position of the underwear straps moves depending upon the sliders.  id need to know how to get the flappity bits to move based upon the sliders as well.  that way a loincloth isnt protruding from inside a vag, and a cloak doesnt poke out of the shoulders.

then id need to know how to copy bone weights.  although, logic tells me that should be no different from current methods.

i dont have a huge collection...  i have 12-13 armors i have edited.  warhammer and silverlight have loincloths as part of the main gear.  some of the others i did have tail pieces i removed completely.  id also like todo some more hairs (meridas is fucking amazing (thanks YOO!), and the only issue i have with it is that it covers the face too much.  but that is just a personal preference), and  look into doing some jewelry work...  mainly for a slave outfit i have somewhere with wrist irons.

in the mean time...  let me ask this...  if i use a bone chain that is already part of the skeleton...skirt, cloak, or hair bones... can i make the rigid bodies and constraints on those bones...  then move the bodies to the area i need them (leaving the bones in place) ?  if i can, then i could just "repurpose" existing bone chains for my needs and they shouldnt get removed when i import the outfit into OS.

EDIT:  so, i just thied this ^ right here.  not a success, but not a complete failure either.  in 3ds max, i can reposition the bones and dbs and stuff and was even able to send the outfit through OS without problems.  but once in game the rigid bodies i moved sprung back to their original positions and rotations.  the skin job was just the typical shit max does when you add the bones so it could be better and i didnt make any adjustments to the constraints so they are going on kinda wild.  BUT...  you can see that the loin cloth is moving with the HDT.  so i just need to get the bodies to stay lined up.

http://youtu.be/Gy6jNWGcV7E

the point is to have the weights adjustable.  i want to load my skimpy silerlight armor with its twin hdt loin cloths like i would any other armor...  adjust the offset (if any) set base shape, max out sliders ad fix the clipping, copy bone weights (including the hdt bones), and save the project.  then i want to restart bodyslide, select my favorite preset and the outfit i just finished and have it create the _0 and _1 versions of the outfit with all my hdt work still intact.  just like it does now but without the hdt flappity bits. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Bodyslide itself remove bones? Or just Outfit Studio?

If it's just a problem with Outfit Studio, all you would need to do is to just create a sliderset for

low weight output, and use the original mesh unmodified. Clipping could be fixed in a similar way:

make a slider (possibly hidden, always active) that fixes any clipping with the original mesh.

Avoid Outfit Studio tempering with your meshes, if Bodyslide can do it without breaking anything.

the point is to have the weights adjustable.  i want to load my skimpy silerlight armor with its twin hdt loin cloths like i would any other armor...  adjust the offset (if any) set base shape, max out sliders ad fix the clipping, copy bone weights (including the hdt bones), and save the project.  then i want to restart bodyslide, select my favorite preset and the outfit i just finished and have it create the _0 and _1 versions of the outfit with all my hdt work still intact.  just like it does now but without the hdt flappity bits. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Bodyslide itself remove bones? Or just Outfit Studio?

If it's just a problem with Outfit Studio, all you would need to do is to just create a sliderset for

low weight output, and use the original mesh unmodified. Clipping could be fixed in a similar way:

make a slider (possibly hidden, always active) that fixes any clipping with the original mesh.

Avoid Outfit Studio tempering with your meshes, if Bodyslide can do it without breaking anything.

that is a very good question...  i'll get back to you shortly on that...

How do I paint hair? I tried painting the mortenhairs ButterflySims 60 hair, and not only did it not swing around, but the colors got changed to a sectioned, almost dreadlock type of theme. I've seen vids with painted hair swinging, so obviously it's possible.

downloaded Bodyslide from the nexus page as posted in page 1
all i could find was the ones uploaded during december 2013. I still can't find the Areola slider in any of the bodies inluding the CBAdvanced ones

is nexus the only place this is uploaded to? Are there versions beyond those from december 2013? I just really wanna use the areola slider lol :D

downloaded Bodyslide from the nexus page as posted in page 1

all i could find was the ones uploaded during december 2013. I still can't find the Areola slider in any of the bodies inluding the CBAdvanced ones

is nexus the only place this is uploaded to? Are there versions beyond those from december 2013? I just really wanna use the areola slider lol :D

Nexus has the latest version. Still working on a new one. The areola slider currently isn't available in any slider set, yet.

How do I paint hair? I tried painting the mortenhairs ButterflySims 60 hair, and not only did it not swing around, but the colors got changed to a sectioned, almost dreadlock type of theme. I've seen vids with painted hair swinging, so obviously it's possible.

only hdt hairs swing around in game and i only know of a couple of those.  there is the original hdt ponytail, and there is Meridas hair (fucking awsome work!).  there may be others, but those are the only ones i have used.  i was working on a longer version of the pony tail, but i shelved it a while back and have not gotten back to it.

check the HDT extensions area for those.

ok, im gonna sound like a total dummy here...  i dont know how to create a slider set without using OS.

i played around a bit importing  the loincloth trishapes and stuff into an already made sliderset for that armor...  but the verts get changed i guess because the loincloth pieces dont slide right.

is it possible to rig the loincloth to existing bones like i did in the video above without moving the bones?  what i did in the vid was take some of the cloak bones and drag them over to the loincloth and rigged them.  but as you can see, the bones reposition in game to thier original positions and drag the mesh with it.  so, how can i rig a mesh to distant bones without altering the positions of either?

only hdt hairs swing around in game and i only know of a couple of those.  there is the original hdt ponytail, and there is Meridas hair (fucking awsome work!).  there may be others, but those are the only ones i have used.  i was working on a longer version of the pony tail, but i shelved it a while back and have not gotten back to it.

check the HDT extensions area for those.

Thank you :). I'll have to just look at tutorials and figure out how to "hdt" some hair myself. Looks like it's a new thing still. Meridas' hair is pretty great work (must've taken forever), but there's just too much hair with that one. Ponytail looks good, maybe. Guess I'll have to see it on my PC to know. :cool:

Archived