BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

hey sorry i think I found a bug.

It's a bug when if you convert the armor to all slides by pressing "conform all" in outfit studio then armor gets a bit wider/bigger.

for example for your first armor is's fine, the hips align perfectly with you PC's body.

then if you go back to the "edited" version of that armor to change something (like clipping for example) and you press "conform all" to make your armor conform to the sliders then it gets a bit wider and bigger.

so if you keep going back to the nif file to fix some things then the armor will eventually become too big and noticeable and you can't fix it with your bodyslide2's slides.

i.e nothing is wrong with bodyslide's slides.

version 1: perfect alings with Pc's body well

edit version 1 to make version 2, click slides > "conform all": armor becomes bigger. armor is bigger then pc's body.

edit version 2 to make version 3, click slides > "conform all": armor becomes more bigger. armor is more bigger then pc's body. 

repeat

I am using bodyslide 2.2b

With "going back to the edited version", do you mean using "File -> Load Project" in Outfit Studio?

When loading a project, there will be two bodies in the shape lists to the right. You have to delete the lower one, most of the time called "BaseShape_outfit", each time you load a project.

no I did not mean "load project" I used "file > new project" and selected the nif file that I built for that armor/clothe in bodyslide.

If that is the I will try your way of doing it, if that is the correct way to do it.

edit: making the armor compatible to all slides using "comform all" or conform to sliders" will make the armor wider regardless if it's the first time you are converting the armor.

hey sorry i think I found a bug.

It's a bug when if you convert the armor to all slides by pressing "conform all" in outfit studio then armor gets a bit wider/bigger.

for example for your first armor is's fine, the hips align perfectly with you PC's body.

then if you go back to the "edited" version of that armor to change something (like clipping for example) and you press "conform all" to make your armor conform to the sliders then it gets a bit wider and bigger.

so if you keep going back to the nif file to fix some things then the armor will eventually become too big and noticeable and you can't fix it with your bodyslide2's slides.

i.e nothing is wrong with bodyslide's slides.

version 1: perfect alings with Pc's body well

edit version 1 to make version 2, click slides > "conform all": armor becomes bigger. armor is bigger then pc's body.

edit version 2 to make version 3, click slides > "conform all": armor becomes more bigger. armor is more bigger then pc's body. 

repeat

I am using bodyslide 2.2b

With "going back to the edited version", do you mean using "File -> Load Project" in Outfit Studio?

When loading a project, there will be two bodies in the shape lists to the right. You have to delete the lower one, most of the time called "BaseShape_outfit", each time you load a project.

no I did not mean "load project" I used "file > new project" and selected the nif file that I built for that armor/clothe in bodyslide.

If that is the I will try your way of doing it, if that is the correct way to do it.

edit: making the armor compatible to all slides using "comform all" or conform to sliders" will make the armor wider regardless if it's the first time you are converting the armor.

There's nothing in that function that would cause this to happen, though (and it doesn't for me). After you did the New Project thing, did you remove the "BaseShape_outfit" duplicate body there?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/

Version 2.2c:

* BodySlide: fixed activating a zap after a preview window has been opened once causing a crash
* BodySlide: fixed what's getting batch built sometimes not representing the selection in the dialog
* BodySlide: widened the body/outfit drop down list by a bit
* Outfit Studio: fixed absolute path issues in the Save Project As dialog and cleaned it up some
* Outfit Studio: fixed weight painting colors sometimes not getting removed from rendering
* Outfit Studio: making or loading a new project now clears all memory of the previous project
* Outfit Studio: added some message boxes telling you to select a shape before doing stuff first

• 1 month later...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/

Version 2.2d:

* CBBE Body HDT: fixed symmetry of bone "Breast L R".
* CBBE Body HDT: removed bone "Breast01 L R" as it's unnecessary for HDT PE. For animations use "CBBE Body TBBP".
* CBBE Body HDT: smoother transitions for bones "Clavicle L R" and "Butt L R".
* Outfit Studio: updated the XPMS Extended reference skeleton to version 2.33.
* Outfit Studio: fixed "Brush -> Clear Mask" clearing weight colors as well (instead of only the mask).
* Outfit Studio: weights are now only copied to unmasked vertices. Masked vertices keep their old weights.
* BodySlide: fixed category UI alignment of single-weighted slider sets.
* Now requires "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)" instead of 2012. Get it from Microsoft if it's not installed.
* No longer Windows XP compatible (BodySlideWXP.exe removed).

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to try and install the Wench Body Bodyslide 2 Preset, found here if anyone is curious what I am talking about: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59072/ . However having never used Bodyslide thus far, I'd like to backup whatever files will be overwritten/changed, etc before trying my hand at it.

Can someone tell me which files/folder are the ones I need to backup?

Also: Since the tutorials are very very detailed and I only want to use an already made preset, could someone give me simplified instructions of what to do to import them into my game? I've already installed the preset and made sure they are in the right folder and show up under "CT77 Body" for me.

Hello, I would like to ask is there a version for windows XP?

Version 2.2c was the last with XP support. You can find that old executable in the Nexus files section. I don't support XP anymore, though.

Thank you very much for answer and help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I haven't much experience with Bodyslide (and currently no access to my gaming pc) but I have a question for understanding this mod.

With this program i can only convert one single armor piece and not complete armor packs, right?

So if i have for instance a "super "lore" friendly cbbe armour replacer pack" and I want it for UNP I would have to convert every single piece in it manually? Correct?

Thank you

Hello,

I haven't much experience with Bodyslide (and currently no access to my gaming pc) but I have a question for understanding this mod.

With this program i can only convert one single armor piece and not complete armor packs, right?

So if i have for instance a "super "lore" friendly cbbe armour replacer pack" and I want it for UNP I would have to convert every single piece in it manually? Correct?

Thank you

If the pack has bodyslide files you can easily make a shape that is near to UNP but those same clothes/armors will contain a cbbe body that is shaped like UNP, not the actual UNP body. A conversion is each piece fitted to the body you like which in most cases if the outfit shows a lot of skin will include a copy of the actual body within it.

Hello,

Thank you

If you want it to be an actual UNP body, yes. Even with Outfit Studio, "batch converting" isn't really a thing (and wouldn't look good anyway).

Hello,

Thank you

If the pack has bodyslide files you can easily make a shape that is near to UNP but those same clothes/armors will contain a cbbe body that is shaped like UNP, not the actual UNP body. A conversion is each piece fitted to the body you like which in most cases if the outfit shows a lot of skin will include a copy of the actual body within it.

Hello,

Thank you

If you want it to be an actual UNP body, yes. Even with Outfit Studio, "batch converting" isn't really a thing (and wouldn't look good anyway).

Thank you! Now I have a pretty clear understand what I can do with Bodyslide and what I can not do. Helped a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone happen to know if it's possible to get Outfit studio to place the camera pivot on a specific part of a mesh?  It would make fine editing much easier if I didn't have to spend 10-20 clicks to try to position the camera in the right spot.  I keep thinking there must be a hotkey for it or something but I can't seem to find a list of hotkeys either.

TRI file links for RaceMenu to make the morphs of a build available in-game, coming in next version (+ more stuff for OS).

lawd.png

demtris.png

Thanks for good ENDLESS modding!! :D

But Tri morphinf is added than what is better than older version?

I'm newb so hard to know that Ability. :)

Would anyone happen to know if it's possible to get Outfit studio to place the camera pivot on a specific part of a mesh? It would make fine editing much easier if I didn't have to spend 10-20 clicks to try to position the camera in the right spot. I keep thinking there must be a hotkey for it or something but I can't seem to find a list of hotkeys either.

Not really right now, no. I just use the middle and right mouse buttons to pan and rotate.

TRI file links for RaceMenu to make the morphs of a build available in-game, coming in next version (+ more stuff for OS).

lawd.png

demtris.png

Nothing, but you can use the BodySlide sliders in-game in RaceMenu then for further tweaking for your player character only.

lawd.png

demtris.png

Nothing, but you can use the BodySlide sliders in-game in RaceMenu then for further tweaking for your player character only.

Thanks for your kind. :D And BodySlide has not SevenBase Body? I can't see SevenBase preset or conversion anywhere. :)

Could possibly add a manipulator handle instead of typing in values for moving a mesh in OS?

You mean the transform arrows most AAA engines have? That would be rather hard to implement correctly, but I'll at least take a look at it when all the other stuff is done (UUNP, updates).

lawd.png

demtris.png

Thanks for your kind. :D And BodySlide has not SevenBase Body? I can't see SevenBase preset or conversion anywhere. :)

BodySlide comes only with CBBE data by default, but there's the Unified UNP project by btn2k and me.

I don't know what AAA engines are, except Google says there rebuilt motors lol. I meant selecting a mesh and moving it with manipulators like Blender has or use the keyboard arrow keys to move that mesh to where you want it instead of entering X,Y,Z values manually?.

• 2 weeks later...
BodySlide and Outfit Studio v2.3:

* CBBE: Weighting tweaks all over for the regular body, HDT body, undies and feet.

* BodySlide: Added "RaceMenu Morphs" build feature for in-game sliders. Requires RaceMenu and a matching morphs plugin.

* Outfit Studio: Added tons of conversion references for CBBE -> X -> CBBE (in UNPConvert.xml) and restructured them.

* Outfit Studio: Updated the XPMS Extended reference skeleton to version 2.50.

* Outfit Studio: Edited the reference skeleton to hopefully fix hand/finger scales when exported.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed crash when renaming shapes with unusual slider data naming, usually very old or manually edited.

* Outfit Studio: Added value display showing the mask factor of the current vertex while the mask brush is active.

* Outfit Studio: Added value display showing the position of the current vertex while any transform brush is active.

* Outfit Studio: Added single vertex movement dialog that shows when the 'V' key is pressed.

* Outfit Studio: Merged "Missing Bone" messages on a per-shape basis and added a few new error messages.

* Outfit Studio: Added ability to close the Move/Rotate/Scale Shape and brush settings dialogs with the enter key.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed "Duplicate Shape" and "Coalesce sliders" dialogs not being cancelable.

* Outfit Studio: Adjusted default brush settings and reorganized the brush settings dialog.

* Outfit Studio: Implemented automatic trimming of "Data\textures\" in texture set paths of shapes (for BS too).

* Outfit Studio: Added new button "Apply Diffuse" for the "Set Textures" dialog to apply texture changes to the view.

* Outfit Studio: Implemented automatic appending of file extensions in the "Save Project As" dialog (not visible).

* Outfit Studio: Fixed moving shapes in slider edit mode to work as intended.

* Outfit Studio: Added "Copy Selected Weights" to the shape context menu as well.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed resizing the brush with the 'S' key going over the limits.

* Outfit Studio: Changed hotkeys for brush size/strength adjustments to: Shift + +, Shift + -, Ctrl + +, Ctrl + -

* Outfit Studio: Bones that are not in the reference skeleton will not be removed when a weight copy is done anymore.

* Outfit Studio: The duplicate reference shape in the outfit shape list is now automatically deleted when loading a project.

* Outfit Studio: Loading projects with only one slider set in the XML file skips the selection dialog now.

* Outfit Studio: Made the load and save project file picker dialogs default to the "BodySlide\SliderSets" folder.

* Outfit Studio: Increased slider knob size (OS).

Also includes Unified UNP and the RaceMenu Morph plugins in an installer now. :)

Sorry should of posted this here.

hmmm After the base shape is converted to cbbe for an armor, how do I get the armor to scale in game,  are there TRI files that have to be exported with the armor nif itself from outfit studio?

Sorry should of posted this here.

hmmm After the base shape is converted to cbbe for an armor, how do I get the armor to scale in game, are there TRI files that have to be exported with the armor nif itself from outfit studio?

The TRI files are built in BodySlide for the slider sets you build with the check box checked.

Archived