BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

How do I paint hair? I tried painting the mortenhairs ButterflySims 60 hair, and not only did it not swing around, but the colors got changed to a sectioned, almost dreadlock type of theme. I've seen vids with painted hair swinging, so obviously it's possible.

only hdt hairs swing around in game and i only know of a couple of those.  there is the original hdt ponytail, and there is Meridas hair (fucking awsome work!).  there may be others, but those are the only ones i have used.  i was working on a longer version of the pony tail, but i shelved it a while back and have not gotten back to it.

check the HDT extensions area for those.

Thank you :). I'll have to just look at tutorials and figure out how to "hdt" some hair myself. Looks like it's a new thing still. Meridas' hair is pretty great work (must've taken forever), but there's just too much hair with that one. Ponytail looks good, maybe. Guess I'll have to see it on my PC to know. :cool:

canderes has some good tutorials about it.  he also has some scripts to help out.  personally i prefer the hdt autopilot scripts.  they just seem more user friendly and have a nice gui.  id suggest watch the autopilot tuts to understand how to use it, but use canderes tuts to do the bone work. i am assuming you are using 3ds max...  if not then idk.

canderes has some good tutorials about it.  he also has some scripts to help out.  personally i prefer the hdt autopilot scripts.  they just seem more user friendly and have a nice gui.  id suggest watch the autopilot tuts to understand how to use it, but use canderes tuts to do the bone work. i am assuming you are using 3ds max...  if not then idk.

Yup. 3DS Max 2014 Student Edition. Found his youtube vid:

Also saw Blabba posted all kinds of hdt stuff. Why didn't I stumble on this stuff before when I was searching for ways to "hdt" some hair? :P

Thank you :)

Yup. 3DS Max 2014 Student Edition. Found his youtube vid:

Also saw Blabba posted all kinds of hdt stuff. Why didn't I stumble on this stuff before when I was searching for ways to "hdt" some hair? :P

Thank you :)

here are my configurations btw...  it can be a little tough to follow what they have set up in the videos.

for the preview...

Create skeletons

1. in build rig, check manual
  2. in bones, make sure add/remove hierarchies is checked. click clear, then add.  select ncp root.

create skins

1. default values

create skeletons

2. in bones, make sure add/remove hierarchies is checked. click clear, then add.  select only the ragdolls

create rigid bodies

1. uncheck the bottom 3 checkboxes

create constraints

1. solver...  i have not noticed a difference between the 2 options

create ragdoll

1. in detect rag dolls, check use skeleton.  select your ragdoll only skeleton
  2. uncheck the bottom 3 checkboxes

create mapping

1. for skeleton A, pick your NPC root skeleton
  2. for skeleton B, pick your ragdoll only skeleton
  3. check ragdoll mapping
  4. click on define mappings... check auto name

then run the configutration

for the XML file...

Create skeletons

2. in bones, make sure add/remove hierarchies is checked. click clear, then add.  select the HDT bones only (and NOT the ragdolls).  (i add the bone path between the new HDT bones and the NPC root to this chain as well, just to keep the bones from repositioning to the origin.  for instance, if i added an HDT skirt and linked the bones to the pelvis, i'd add the HDT bones, the pelvis, and the npc root.)

create rigid bodies

1. uncheck the bottom 3 checkboxes

create constraints

1. solver...  i have not noticed a difference between the 2 options

create ragdoll

1. in detect rag dolls, check use physics system.  select default physics system.
  2. uncheck the bottom 3 checkboxes

prune types

1. check all scene data and all animation data.  the rest is unchecked

write to platform

1. choose a filename and location to save the XML file to.
  2. in the format section, check XML and Packfile.

then run the configuration and follow the tuts instruction to fix the XML

hope this was helpful

Hey guys, I've been playing with OS and succesfully converted CBBE Layer Bikini to 7B Bombshell. I'm just testing, I know it's probably been done. And also thanks to all for this amazing program and Bodyslide.

Now please flame me if this has been answered already. How can I convert things easily from 7B Cleavage to Bombshell? I've seen all the sliders for Bombshell to 7B Others and I know Bombshell can go to CBBE. I ask because I like some armors that are 7B cleavage and would like to use them in Bodyslide for my cbbe preset. Thanks for your help.

I'm posting this here hoping it will reach the appropiate person. :)

There's a minor bug in the latest BodySlide (2.0.0.10) with config.xml, specifically with <GameDataPath></GameDataPath> and <MeshOutputPath></MeshOutputPath>. The utility uses GameDataPath for mesh output and disregards MeshOutputPath.

Example, with these settings -

<GameDataPath>E:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</GameDataPath>
    <MeshOutputPath>E:\notsteam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</MeshOutputPath>

generated meshes are still placed in the game data path.

On the other hand, I may have screwed up something.

I'm posting this here hoping it will reach the appropiate person. :)

There's a minor bug in the latest BodySlide (2.0.0.10) with config.xml, specifically with <GameDataPath></GameDataPath> and <MeshOutputPath></MeshOutputPath>. The utility uses GameDataPath for mesh output and disregards MeshOutputPath.

Example, with these settings -

<GameDataPath>E:\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</GameDataPath>
    <MeshOutputPath>E:\notsteam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\</MeshOutputPath>

generated meshes are still placed in the game data path.

On the other hand, I may have screwed up something.

MeshOutputPath isn't used in the program code anymore but is still in the Config.xml because someone forgot to remove it. If you want to build to other directories, hold the CTRL key when clicking Build or Batch Build.

Hey guys, I've been playing with OS and succesfully converted CBBE Layer Bikini to 7B Bombshell. I'm just testing, I know it's probably been done. And also thanks to all for this amazing program and Bodyslide.

Now please flame me if this has been answered already. How can I convert things easily from 7B Cleavage to Bombshell? I've seen all the sliders for Bombshell to 7B Others and I know Bombshell can go to CBBE. I ask because I like some armors that are 7B cleavage and would like to use them in Bodyslide for my cbbe preset. Thanks for your help.

There's no conversion reference for the other way around (7B Cleavage -> 7B Bombshell).

You can easily create one yourself by doing the following:

1.) Load up the Bombshell -> Cleavage reference

2.) Set the slider to 100%

3.) "File -> Make Conversion Reference" -> give it a name like "7BCleavTo7B"

4.) "File -> Save Project As..."

5.) You can now use the saved slider set as a conversion reference for 7B Cleavage -> 7B Bombshell conversions

There's no conversion reference for the other way around (7B Cleavage -> 7B Bombshell).

.... (too much info) xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-R67fbWAQZ.png

Not necessary. Any conversion slider can be inverted this way:

1. Activate the slider (set to 100)

2. Select File->Make conversion reference. Done.

.... (too much info) xhuh.png.pagespeed.ic.-R67fbWAQZ.png

Not necessary. Any conversion slider can be inverted this way:

1. Activate the slider (set to 100)

2. Select File->Make conversion reference. Done.

Hah, I didn't need/use that feature before and thought it doesn't invert the result. <.<

I'll update my post, thanks.

I've been searching for some time for a fix for this problem with no luck so forgive me if this has been answered already. When converting armors to diferent bodies and saving them to create in bodyslide, my OS and bodyslide has been crashing. I got over 20 sets converted successfully and can create them in bodyslide without issue but cant finish. i read it might be something to do with the reference body but it wasnt explained very well. any help would be much appreciated, ive been working on this for like 3 days now and it would stink not to be able to complete. thanks in advance

I've been searching for some time for a fix for this problem with no luck so forgive me if this has been answered already. When converting armors to diferent bodies and saving them to create in bodyslide, my OS and bodyslide has been crashing. I got over 20 sets converted successfully and can create them in bodyslide without issue but cant finish. i read it might be something to do with the reference body but it wasnt explained very well. any help would be much appreciated, ive been working on this for like 3 days now and it would stink not to be able to complete. thanks in advance

Check to see if your outfit is missing any skin dismember modifiers.

may, or may not be the same as your issue, but i had a lot of crashes too, and it seemed to be the dismember.

Hey I got a question!

My Bodyslide stuff appears to be working pretty well, but one thing I've noticed is that my character's body changes slightly between when she wears and removes armor. It's not a whole lot, and maybe this isn't possible to fix, but it's causing a problem with the Bodyslide versions of Devious Devices - Assets.

So, for example, when wearing CT77 iron armor, which has a bare midriff, I can see that my girl's chastity belt fits perfectly. As soon as I remove the armor, though, her tummy sticks out just a little more than it did before, causing the belt to clip.

I forgot to take a picture with the armor on, but trust me it looks great! Here's a snapshot of her without the armor, but with the belt clipping. As you can see, she's had quite an adventure so far. ^_^

Edit: Update! I figured out at least how to fix the belt, which is basically to create a body with a little belly, create the meshes for armor and Devious Devices, then lower the belly scale and create the actual body meshes. That makes her look basically the same in and out of armor,so the belt looks quite nice either way. Would be nice if there was a way to not have to create the body multiple times though. If it's just something in Bodyslide or from the fact that the Bodyslide DDs just haven't been updated in awhile, oh well!

post-246140-0-35165000-1404743666_thumb.jpg

the point is to have the weights adjustable.  i want to load my skimpy silerlight armor with its twin hdt loin cloths like i would any other armor...  adjust the offset (if any) set base shape, max out sliders ad fix the clipping, copy bone weights (including the hdt bones), and save the project.  then i want to restart bodyslide, select my favorite preset and the outfit i just finished and have it create the _0 and _1 versions of the outfit with all my hdt work still intact.  just like it does now but without the hdt flappity bits. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Bodyslide itself remove bones? Or just Outfit Studio?

If it's just a problem with Outfit Studio, all you would need to do is to just create a sliderset for

low weight output, and use the original mesh unmodified. Clipping could be fixed in a similar way:

make a slider (possibly hidden, always active) that fixes any clipping with the original mesh.

Avoid Outfit Studio tempering with your meshes, if Bodyslide can do it without breaking anything.

i mentioned in a recent post that i dont know how to create a slider set without using outfit studio, and also that i may have found a work-around.  i made a skeleton that contained the HDT bone names and put it in the res folder. i was able to create and save a project with the loincloth but since my reinstall of the game i am having a new issue that you may have an answer for.  when i use the default BS skeleton everything is fine.  when i use my updated skeleton (made using the dafault skeleton and adding the new bones to it) every time i try to load an outfit or armor in OS i get messages saying the referenced bone not found in skeleton, skipping: (NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01)  for each piece of the armor and once for the reference body.

EDIT:

it seems to be ONLY these 4 bones that get removed

any ideas?

when i use my updated skeleton (made using the dafault skeleton and adding the new bones to it) every time i try to load an outfit or armor in OS i get messages saying the referenced bone not found in skeleton, skipping: (NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01)  for each piece of the armor and once for the reference body.

EDIT:

any ideas?

Did you update the pointer in your Config.xml file? The default (skeleton_female_xpms.nif) should have those bones as well.

when i use my updated skeleton (made using the dafault skeleton and adding the new bones to it) every time i try to load an outfit or armor in OS i get messages saying the referenced bone not found in skeleton, skipping: (NPC L Breast, NPC L Breast01, NPC R Breast, NPC R Breast01)  for each piece of the armor and once for the reference body.

EDIT:

any ideas?

Did you update the pointer in your Config.xml file? The default (skeleton_female_xpms.nif) should have those bones as well.

yeah, i did eventually.  at first i was just replacing the default nif.  once i discovered the setting in the comfig i used that.  didnt matter.  i got so many different results...  after i cut/paste the bones from my nif to the default nif i only had the 4 breast bones disappearing.  i have had classes the last couple days and havent been able to test more, but a known good, normal nif can be saved and still work fine in game (i did not copy bone weights though), but, a nif with the added bones comes out deformed.  i even tried taking the long hair bone chain, copying it, renaming it and using that...  but in game all the bones are rotated 90 degree.  makes the loincloth look all zig-zaggy.

im also having issues with the hdt  parts in game, but that is likely due to my devastating lack of attention to detail.  sometimes the loincloth, or whatever part im working on goes completely spastic, or it looks like ot is locked to the com bone. it tracks with the player, but doesnt make any other moves.  if player does a flip, the loincloth stays pointing at the gound the whole time....  although the top part of it will stretch as needed...

yeah, i did eventually.  at first i was just replacing the default nif.  once i discovered the setting in the comfig i used that.  didnt matter.  i got so many different results...  after i cut/paste the bones from my nif to the default nif i only had the 4 breast bones disappearing.  i have had classes the last couple days and havent been able to test more, but a known good, normal nif can be saved and still work fine in game (i did not copy bone weights though), but, a nif with the added bones comes out deformed.  i even tried taking the long hair bone chain, copying it, renaming it and using that...  but in game all the bones are rotated 90 degree.  makes the loincloth look all zig-zaggy.

im also having issues with the hdt  parts in game, but that is likely due to my devastating lack of attention to detail.  sometimes the loincloth, or whatever part im working on goes completely spastic, or it looks like ot is locked to the com bone. it tracks with the player, but doesnt make any other moves.  if player does a flip, the loincloth stays pointing at the gound the whole time....  although the top part of it will stretch as needed...

I don't think you can simply copy/paste bones from one NIF to another. If you want to use bones only a specific skeleton has (and XPMSE 2.0 doesn't have it), it should be as simple as renaming its skeleton_female.nif and placing it in the res folder, then pointing to it in the Config.xml.

I don't think you can simply copy/paste bones from one NIF to another. If you want to use bones only a specific skeleton has (and XPMSE 2.0 doesn't have it), it should be as simple as renaming its skeleton_female.nif and placing it in the res folder, then pointing to it in the Config.xml.

thats the thing...  there arent any skeletons with the bones i want.  the skeleton i tried to make has 36 extra bones.  4 chains of 9, all running from about hip level to the ground.  one is front center for loin cloths, another is rear center for butt flap type stuff, the other two are right and left rear for larger armor tails pieces and such.  i tried using the xpms skirt bones but they are too few and i dont get a smooth rigging.

here is the skeleton i made. (i didnt add constraints or anything as i dont know how to do that)

NEW SKELETON V2.nif

here is the skeleton from bodyslide that i used as a test.  i used nifskope to copy my nodes and pasted then here, then renamed them correctly...

skeleton_female_xpms.nif

just by adding that one chain, it cant find the breastbones.

edit, and another thing...

how does outfit studio know what bones are present?  there are no hkx or xml files anywhere, and all the bones it says are NOT present, actually ARE.

Outfit Studio uses only your skeleton.nif to check if the bones of the outfit exist in the reference skeleton. So if you get that one right, and I have no idea how to do so, it will definitely work (as that's exactly what it does with the NIFs included by default). Groovtama is the skeleton expert here.

EDIT: And I think OS only looks up bones that are under the "NPC" root. But not 100% sure.

You will have to load the meshes up in Outfit Studio, copy the jiggle weights from a body reference that has them to your body, and export (for both _0 and _1.nif).

For tutorials, check the Nexus mod page description or blabba's thread on LL.

So I'm having an issue with weights.

I was attempting to add weights to an armor via this method; http://dragonwhore.w...mod-for-skyrim/

which basically says to load up a referance body that has the proper weights you want. Load the outfit you want to add those weights to. and then basically past them to the armor.

It actually works, except it offsets my armor and resizes it. The armor becomes too small and it creates gaps at the hands and feet.

More Detailed description; The whole armor is smaller than the referance body (which is the same body the armor was made for) and this causes gaps. In nifskope the nodes are higher than the they were originally too. This tells me the is an offset somewhere that is changing the body automatically since it scales that way as soon as I load the outfit into the program.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

Archived