Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

38 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

I take it this is during property slave and you are being moved from the mine to the barracks / smithy?

If so the issue is with the scene in the barracks, specifically the end of it. If you still have dialogue showing at the end of the scene with Raccan as shown in the following screen shot then the dialogue will repeat once you get to the smithy:

20170411203306_1.jpg

You need to make sure you clear the dialogue from the screen, hitting enter will typically get it to go away as shown below:

20170411203504_1.jpg

If you notice the top screenshot has player dialogue still showing on the right while the bottom one does not. I did repeated testing on this and if the dialogue is showing then Raccan's dialogue will repeat in the smithy every time. If the player dialogue is not showing on the screen then the smithy scene will work as intended every time.

The reason for this is that Skyrim's engine thinks the force greet used at the end of the scene in the barracks did not finish correctly if it still has the dialogue showing still and will repeat it. Unfortunately that dialogue is what triggers the move and startup of De'Zra's scenes as well and it ends up in an endless loop. If the dialogue has been cleared then the force greet has finished properly and not repeat.

Success goes to the next stage, thank you

On 11/22/2017 at 8:22 PM, Veladarius said:

As for an update before the new year I don't know. I am working on the final details of the device sale quest (adjusting the sale values and quota) and working on the Manor Slave dialogue updating all of it with the new conditions and have some that needs rewritten. After that I have 3 simple quests to make. Also, all of it needs testing and CGI has not logged in since September so the installer and translation are on hold until he returns.

Is there any way I (we) can help with that?

CD is still my favorite player slavery mod out there and I'm super excited about the update. 

4 hours ago, End.Werk said:

Is there any way I (we) can help with that?

CD is still my favorite player slavery mod out there and I'm super excited about the update. 

The current status of things:

1- Device Sale - found the issue with the quota formula, helps to actually add the modifier to the quota. All that is left to do is some tweaks on the values so it is fair but still able to be failed. Also need to connect the sale to the Manor Slave portion, it is built but needs the links but Manor Slave isn't ready for it yet.

2- Manor Slave rebuild - I tossed the old system of giving tasks and am updating the dialogue with the new conditions and adding some dialogue. 

3- I have 3 quests to build / rebuild:

--- 1 - Rebuild Rayani encounter - fairly easy

--- 2 - Rebuild Ariasha encounter - bit more difficult as it will be slightly more complex than the Rayani encounter

--- 3 - Build the Special Delivery quest - the quest is to deliver an invitation to someone in Skyrim, should be a noble, Jarl or other well to do person. Oh, you are strictly bound for the trip including armbinder. Good luck! This will be available both in Manor Slave and as a normal repeatable quest where you will be paid for it. It will be timed just as the delivery quest is, specifically on how long it takes to get there. I expect player's won't delay in returning unless they like adventuring in strict devices they can't remove. The quest should not be hard to build, not much different from the delivery quest but no bandits.

The only things I can't do is the translation and setting up the localized esp for it or building the installer. CGi handled those and has disappeared again, I am guessing he is busy with work or something.

4 hours ago, ksweet said:

Hey Vela, love your mod.

If you could please help me I am now experiencing CTD when exiting the shop.

here is my support thread,

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88654-ctd-after-leaving-captured-dreams-shop/?tab=comments#comment-2064951

Thanks in advance :)

Make sure logging is turned on in DD as the log you provided, from what I see in it, is just the startup of the game and nothing else. If DD logging is on I would be able to see the devices being put onto the npc's within the shop (which I don't). If the log is just from game startup then it has no relevant info on the crash.

Also, there is another DD mod that adds something across the stream from the shop (or somewhere around the mill area) that conflicts with DD. I went back through a number of pages in the thread here but didn't see it. From what I understand it causes crashes.

Is the expansion not started, underway or done?

26 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Probably my Bi Polar hitting me hard but as of this point I am suspending development on all of my mods while I decide if I am going to continue to do any further development at all. I have no drive to continue it anymore at this point.

Bipolar or not, sounds like you need a break - which is completely human and understandable. Best wishes :)

i hope you do continue with your mod.

a while back some one asked why the harness wasnt used. the problem that you mentioned is that it would be hard to have it requip a harness collar. i think i may have found a possible solution to that, there are several harness collars that dont have the harness attached to them. and while digging in the DD items list i found a harness that doesnt have a collar attached to it. when worn with the harness collar it looks like 1 piece, but in fact 2 items. not sure how you would get the harness part to register as a chastity device. but it is an idea.

On 28.11.2017 at 1:16 PM, Veladarius said:

Probably my Bi Polar hitting me hard but as of this point I am suspending development on all of my mods while I decide if I am going to continue to do any further development at all. I have no drive to continue it anymore at this point.

Unfortunately, I can not offer you anything but my good wishes to you my dear friend!
Mod or not...
Stay firm and strong!

In addition, you still have to continue to scare off the children as well as my wife as a full beard terminator! ;-)

@Veladarius:

I'm a nobody here so what I have to say none may care but it does seem like you just need to get away from Skyrim for a while. Write down notes of what you were working on and you what you had planned to finish the CD update, back up your work and just uninstall Skyrim if you feel the need to. Hopefully you can come back after a few months with renewed vigor and continue to develop CD.

I will say this though, it is dis-heartening to hear you may not bother to update CD to whatever the latest version of the DD framework will be when/if you return. I love CD and I also love other DD-based mods, I usually use several such mods at time. CD and CL always act as a base for my "awesome-sexy-bondage" playthroughs. If you never update CD it'll get to a point where I and others would have to choose between just CD or every other DD-based mod because CD wouldn't be compatible with the framework anymore. I'd rather not have to make that choice and I'm sure others don't want to either.

EDIT: Moved this post over here instead.

15 minutes ago, Krynn said:

You worked on an update for a very long time. Play it as a WIP version on it if you like,.. Just a suggestion! :-)

I'm in the beta team.

While he could release it, I doubt if he will.

The beta isn't yet ready for a normal playthrough.

Some things are broken or unplayable because they aren't finished or changed yet.

He was still in the process of adding new quests.

And I'm not posting it behind his back.

48 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm in the beta team.

While he could release it, I doubt if he will.

The beta isn't yet ready for a normal playthrough.

Some things are broken or unplayable because they aren't finished or changed yet.

He was still in the process of adding new quests.

And I'm not posting it behind his back.

Alright, it was just a suggestion! As I said, mod or not mod, does not matter!

Yesterday I had a major mental and emotional meltdown. My wife had been out of town since Friday morning for her mother's funeral and left me alone for the first time in quite some time. While that may not sound like much of a big deal for me it is as I had been suicidal several years ago and the only reason I didn't do it was because of my wife. Thinking of her father who had lost his wife of 58 years has me worried about him and empathized with him, probably a bit too much seeing as my wife was not here. My wife did come home yesterday evening but the mental damage had been done and I exploded emotionally in every direction. Normally I have medication for those types of days but I couldn't take it as it knocks me out for 12 hours and I had to pick up my wife from the airport before it would have worn off.

As for v4 of DD I am leaning away from it currently and even if I do decide to update CD to use it it certainly will not be immediately. Right now there are 2 primary reasons that I have to look at and decide about:

1 - The escape system. I don't like it, never did when it was added as an option when Min was running things and I said as much as did others. It isn't what I want from DD when I play and to me some of the options don't make any sense (why limit how often you can try to remove a device?). Overall the only option I use of any of the escape options was the option for a key to break and that was set to only 5%. I know what Kimy's response is, she repeated it enough when I posted my opposition to it in the beta thread but as a modder I really don't care about those options, they aren't what I would use in CD in the first place.

2 - The impact on existing custom devices. I already spent months making adjustments for the QuestItem crap. Kimy's response was that I didn't have to do it but it is only a matter of time before BlockGeneric will no longer be treated by mods as quest items but something in between quest items and regular items and I didn't want my items removed due to that. I have over 200 quest items in CD and having to make adjustments to all of them again is not something I want to do, not to mention whatever adjustments have to be done for the escape system settings.

On a minor note is the removal of the ZAP keywords. There are several mods I use that use them to be able to detect DD items, dropping them effectively makes these mods incompatible with DD now. I won't be dropping the requirement for ZAP nor will I be removing the keywords from my items in CD.

Whatever ends up happening if it requires people to make a choice then so be it as whatever I do is what I feel is best for me and CD.

To the DD Development Team,
I want to apologize for how I have acted, often it was not not very dignified and anything taken personally was not warranted. I know you are working hard to further DD and I thank you for your work.

But there are reasons for my behavior, some having to do with the direction DD has headed and some not. First is the (then) optional escape framework was added to DD Min asked us our opinions on it and I said I personally hated it and disabled it immediately on the start of a new game. This is not how I wanted my DD experience to be. Second is my bi polar condition and is one of several conditions I am seeing a Psychiatrist for. Unfortunately due to my severe intolerance or resistance for most psychological drugs (and most all drugs as well) it is a condition I can not control, the last medication I tried worked but also damaged my liver faster than being an alcoholic would have and I had to stop taking it. I can't control the swings between emotions and unfortunately I lashed out at you during these.

I will likely support v4 with CD at some point but the more changes to my mod it requires (especially with devices themselves) the longer it will likely be before I do add support. With CD I intend to set all of the settings on the devices so they act as they do with v3.3. As far as my use of mods personally any mods that don't offer the ability to disable the new features I will drop from my load order and not consider any linking between CD and those mods. As a general rule I won't link CD to a mod that I wouldn't use myself.

Just checking in to wish you good luck Vela, as it seems tough times are hitting you hard. Your mod is nothing but superb and your work and dedication to it, even if it stops right now, is much appreciated and never will be forgotten by many and many Skyrim players. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, Badpenny said:

Just checking in to wish you good luck Vela, as it seems tough times are hitting you hard. Your mod is nothing but superb and your work and dedication to it, even if it stops right now, is much appreciated and never will be forgotten by many and many Skyrim players. Thanks.

CD will continue, not sure how quickly it will be compatible with v4 of DD though the biggest issues are only on a few items.

8 hours ago, Veladarius said:

CD will continue, not sure how quickly it will be compatible with v4 of DD though the biggest issues are only on a few items.

How about this: if you at some point decide to fix these big issues, I could help you with tedious part of the job, like fixing tags and such. My intention was to create a separate .esp with necessary changes for personal use... but we can team up on temporary basis. If you don't hate TES CK with burning passion by now, which would be understandable.

I'll see myself out now. I'm sorry for my bad English, as always.

25 minutes ago, Plumber said:

How about this: if you at some point decide to fix these big issues, I could help you with tedious part of the job, like fixing tags and such. My intention was to create a separate .esp with necessary changes for personal use... but we can team up on temporary basis. If you don't hate TES CK with burning passion by now, which would be understandable.

I'll see myself out now. I'm sorry for my bad English, as always.

As it stands this is what I believe needs done for v4 compatibility:

- Standard devices - needs ZAP keywords removed and escape system parameters set (still need to see what they are)

- Quest devices - needs ZAP keywords removed, new device script checked to see what changes need made to the existing quest item scripts. Currently there are quest versions of every pre v3 DDi item as well as multiple versions of the metal devices each with their own custom menu's

- Device removal and equip scripts for standard and quest items need updating for the armbinders

- Device Array's will need updating for new armbinder and yoke keywords

- CD quest armbinder needs updated

- Device removal quest updated for new devices (v3.x items still have not been added either) to calculate costs for removal of those devices

- Confiscation quest scripts will need updated

- Update some conditions in dialogue to reflect changes in keywords

Things related to v4 that need done:

- Change in who sells what items, there are too many items in Master's sale list and it could cause issues as there is a maximum number of items that can be in a leveled list

- Decide what, if any, of the new items will be displayed on slaves in the shop. Overall I don't currently intend to make use of the new items except in specific situations. They may get common use in the future but some major things will need to change for that to happen

Things that need done before I can even start the process of updating to v4:

- Finish the Manor Slave changes. Most of the dialogue has been gone through and new conditions put into place. some parts need finishing up, mainly the end of day routine

- Finish / Build the last 3 quests needed for Manor Slave. Outside of manor Slave 1 will be available as a general quest (special delivery - started) and the other two will be possible encounters (not paid jobs just chance encounters with either Rayani and Ariasha - not started)

- The Device Sale quest is completed and may need some minor tweaks to the sales values

- Update the MCM menu with options for the new content

- Possible quick expansion of the Gods Cursed items quest including a way to become cursed with the devices and information on the cursed god herself

Right now the biggest issue is that armbinders/yokes will not be equipped or removed, most likely everything else will still work as intended. not a huge issue overall but more annoying than anything. I anticipate that CD will not need a new game or clean save but any devices worn during the updating will need replaced with new items.

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

...there are too many items in Master's sale list and it could cause issues as there is a maximum number of items that can be in a leveled list.

Also, loading a long list of devices with scripts attached to all of them sometimes forces my PC to think about futility of existence. I ended up dividing the list between Master and her assistants. Bigger list may theoretically cause problems even for decent middle-grade computers.

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I anticipate that CD will not need a new game or clean save but any devices worn during the updating will need replaced with new items.

There is a minor and probably unfixable issue with "personality values" (sadism, masochism, bondage etc.) dropping back to zero after updating. It's impossible to adjust them manually once CD questline is started. Well, as far as I know anyway.

1 hour ago, Plumber said:

...there are too many items in Master's sale list and it could cause issues as there is a maximum number of items that can be in a leveled list.

Also, loading a long list of devices with scripts attached to all of them sometimes forces my PC to think about futility of existence. I ended up dividing the list between Master and her assistants. Bigger list may theoretically cause problems even for decent middle-grade computers.

One issue I found is that Wrye Bash's bashed patch can't handle leveled lists with over 255 different types of items in it, it errors out. Master's merchant list should only have standard devices in it but there are quite a few of them especially when you add the plugs and such. This doesn't even add the items from DD v3.

I have some ideas as how to split the items into separate lists (standard devices, restrictive devices, headgear and plugs/piercings) but will take some experimenting with to see if I can pull it off. I had seen it done in Oblivion so I know it is possible.

I anticipate that CD will not need a new game or clean save but any devices worn during the updating will need replaced with new items.

There is a minor and probably unfixable issue with "personality values" (sadism, masochism, bondage etc.) dropping back to zero after updating. It's impossible to adjust them manually once CD questline is started. Well, as far as I know anyway.

There is a reset stage in the CDxFramework quest as that is what controls the initial setup. The MCM menu is set to lock the values at stage 10 but there is a reset that should set it to 0 or 5 and allow them to be changed.

To change them manually:

Sub/dom level:  set cdxplayerdisposition <X>  with x being a value from 1 to 20, low is sub, high is dom

The traits are all factions with faction levels running from 1 - 7. Use  help  tenden   and it should list the factions. You can use ModFactionRank to adjust the ranks up or down.

In the past, I have really enjoyed the Thalmor Embassy quest portion of this mod very much and like the mod overall. However, I'm finding the Manor Property Slave quest extremely frustrating and frankly boring. Details behind the spoiler tag.

I've used console commands to set ManorStatusCurrent, but I'm not sure what to set it to, since setting it at 30 doesn't do anything but put me in Rayani's room, which I had already attained. Then I'm right back to the grind of sweeping up dust piles and fetching firewood and water day after day after day after day and it is driving me up the wall. I'm sure there is someone who enjoys sexless, repetitive drudgery but it isn't me.

How do I get out of this situation? Or am I already? I've been moved to Rayani's room in the manor and I set my ManorCurrentStatus to 30. Do I ask for quests from Master? 

I'm not trying to cast aspersions on the mod, which overall is excellent, but I managed to miss the warnings about the Property slavery quest until it was too late and now I just want out. Any help appreciated. I'm going to keep experimenting in the meantime.