Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

Hey!

So I've been bopping about the forum trying to find a solution to my issue, but no luck. Whenever I go to do a delivery mission for the Master, she says I have a secure device on but she wants to put a high security one on. The Protector belt comes off but then the dialogue ends and eventually will start over as if I was just starting to talk to her. Alternatively now the Master says theres something she wants to talk to me about and then says how I enjoy wearing the belt but I seek more (something along those lines). Then the dialogue ends again and I can't get past that conversation with her. If someone has had this issue prior and can help me out that would be grateful.

Thank you all so much

Go into the MCM menu and on the quest reset page there is an option to reset the Quest Device Arrays, try using that and see if it proceeds as if you recently upgraded or installed it the Arrays may not be filled so quest items can't be equipped and most dialogue has a loop function that allows it to continue once the items are equipped.

The new standard device equip function will operate the same way and once the next release is out people will likely have to do the same thing as the auto setup doesn't want to work.

Still no luck, stuck doing the same shenanigans

What version of DD are you using? Also, try it again and upload the papyrus log here so I can see what the issue is, I will need the log to figure out where the error lies.

I've attached the papyrus log and as for the version of DD I just recently updated all of my mods from lovers lab to their most recent versions

Well, I can tell you this much from my initial look at it:

1- There are no errors from any of my scripts. I did a search for cdx which is the prefix for my scripts and it did not come up in the log.

2- There are a LOT of other errors from a few mods, probably 85% of the log is nothing but errors from probably about 3-5 mods constantly repeating. I am surprised there were no dump stack errors though so what you have is likely salvageable.

3- There were no errors from DD either.

From the looks of it several mods monitor the player character and may be interfering with any attempts to do anything to them. There is also constant errors from a follower mod. It is late (very late) so I can go through the log in more detail tomorrow and single out the mods that are causing errors, from there it is up to you to fix them.

Looking at it I think I see the mod causing problems, so now I just need to delete the mod in question?

Most likely or at least try disabling it, doing a clean save and use a save cleaner, then enable it again and see if it starts correctly. I saw at least 3 mods causing a number of errors though so you may want to go through them one by one and see if they can be fixed or have to be discarded. I know it is a pain to toss out a mod you like but sometimes it has to be done, there have been several I have liked that I had to toss due to constant errors and making things unstable. PM me if you have further issues pinning down the problem mods and I will see what I can do to help.

Hey!

So I've been bopping about the forum trying to find a solution to my issue, but no luck. Whenever I go to do a delivery mission for the Master, she says I have a secure device on but she wants to put a high security one on. The Protector belt comes off but then the dialogue ends and eventually will start over as if I was just starting to talk to her. Alternatively now the Master says theres something she wants to talk to me about and then says how I enjoy wearing the belt but I seek more (something along those lines). Then the dialogue ends again and I can't get past that conversation with her. If someone has had this issue prior and can help me out that would be grateful.

Thank you all so much

Go into the MCM menu and on the quest reset page there is an option to reset the Quest Device Arrays, try using that and see if it proceeds as if you recently upgraded or installed it the Arrays may not be filled so quest items can't be equipped and most dialogue has a loop function that allows it to continue once the items are equipped.

The new standard device equip function will operate the same way and once the next release is out people will likely have to do the same thing as the auto setup doesn't want to work.

What version of DD are you using? Also, try it again and upload the papyrus log here so I can see what the issue is, I will need the log to figure out where the error lies.

I've attached the papyrus log and as for the version of DD I just recently updated all of my mods from lovers lab to their most recent versions

1- There are no errors from any of my scripts. I did a search for cdx which is the prefix for my scripts and it did not come up in the log.

2- There are a LOT of other errors from a few mods, probably 85% of the log is nothing but errors from probably about 3-5 mods constantly repeating. I am surprised there were no dump stack errors though so what you have is likely salvageable.

From the looks of it several mods monitor the player character and may be interfering with any attempts to do anything to them. There is also constant errors from a follower mod. It is late (very late) so I can go through the log in more detail tomorrow and single out the mods that are causing errors, from there it is up to you to fix them.

Looking at it I think I see the mod causing problems, so now I just need to delete the mod in question?

Most likely or at least try disabling it, doing a clean save and use a save cleaner, then enable it again and see if it starts correctly. I saw at least 3 mods causing a number of errors though so you may want to go through them one by one and see if they can be fixed or have to be discarded. I know it is a pain to toss out a mod you like but sometimes it has to be done, there have been several I have liked that I had to toss due to constant errors and making things unstable. PM me if you have further issues pinning down the problem mods and I will see what I can do to help.

Did some cleaning and removing of some mods, still can't find where the other errors are coming from. As for the issue I was having, I removed quest items and the conversation finally continued

hello

regarding the slave quest,

my character ended servicing people passing by on the road.

several days have passed already with that stage and I dont see any change.

is that stage never-ending? or is there a way to change it?

thx

Likely the timer for the quest was stopped as you should have been taken back inside at about 8pm the same day. Your best bet is to go back to a save before being sent out there. I would also check your logs for errors from other mods as that is likely what broke the timer.

Hey!

Thank you all so much

Did some cleaning and removing of some mods, still can't find where the other errors are coming from. As for the issue I was having, I removed quest items and the conversation finally continued

Send me a PM with a log and your load order, I will see if I can identify the offending mods for you.

Likely the timer for the quest was stopped as you should have been taken back inside at about 8pm the same day. Your best bet is to go back to a save before being sent out there. I would also check your logs for errors from other mods as that is likely what broke the timer.

ah sorry, I didnt explain correctly, it's not a scripting question, more a scenario question,

my character is brought back to the cell in the mine, thats not the problem (well, beside some scripting glitch, but nothing I cant live with)

what I mean is, at that point in the slave "quest", will is continue as it is, as in servicing guests on the side of the road, indefinitely?

or is there some possibilities to end the slave quest somehow?

ah sorry, I didnt explain correctly, it's not a scripting question, more a scenario question,

my character is brought back to the cell in the mine, thats not the problem (well, beside some scripting glitch, but nothing I cant live with)

what I mean is, at that point in the slave "quest", will is continue as it is, as in servicing guests on the side of the road, indefinitely?

or is there some possibilities to end the slave quest somehow?

The servicing on the side of the road is a bit of a random gamble and there are 2 stages with it. The first you can wander around near the stone and the other has you bent over and chained closely to the stone so you can't move. The randomness comes from the tips received and the quota as both are random. Watch the dialogue at the end and see if you brought enough money in, if you have one outcome most of the time then that is the direction you will go. You can also use sqv  cdxslavery_property  and look for the variable  PostProgress. Once you hit +/- 3 then the stage changes, up if +3 and down if -3. If you want you can change these yourself using the following command:

setpqv CdxSlavery_Property postprogress <X>  and make X either +4 if you want to go up or -4 if you want to go down. Do this during the day as it is checked at the end of the day and at +/- 4 no matter the outcome the stage level will change.

The servicing on the side of the road is a bit of a random gamble and there are 2 stages with it. The first you can wander around near the stone and the other has you bent over and chained closely to the stone so you can't move. The randomness comes from the tips received and the quota as both are random. Watch the dialogue at the end and see if you brought enough money in, if you have one outcome most of the time then that is the direction you will go. You can also use sqv  cdxslavery_property  and look for the variable  PostProgress. Once you hit +/- 3 then the stage changes, up if +3 and down if -3. If you want you can change these yourself using the following command:

setpqv CdxSlavery_Property postprogress <X>  and make X either +4 if you want to go up or -4 if you want to go down. Do this during the day as it is checked at the end of the day and at +/- 4 no matter the outcome the stage level will change.

thank you very much :)

The first few merge patches are up, adds mostly jewelry to the shop.

Can you help me? I can see the intems in the inventory, but not at the body? For example: I can see the Gag in the mouth, but my arms und feets are invisible. What is not correct?

You need to run bodyslide, or install the pre-made meshes.

Hello, 

i need some advice. 

I'm running Captured Dreams with all its requirements and so far everything works just fine but I have one question: I wanted to deliver a package but lost it to some bandits - i returned to the shop and the master wanted some punishment so my char gets chained up etc. but then nothing happens ? Is it normal that my char is hanging there for years without any action by the master or someone else ? 

Hello, 

i need some advice. 

I'm running Captured Dreams with all its requirements and so far everything works just fine but I have one question: I wanted to deliver a package but lost it to some bandits - i returned to the shop and the master wanted some punishment so my char gets chained up etc. but then nothing happens ? Is it normal that my char is hanging there for years without any action by the master or someone else ? 

Is Herran there (her bodyguard)? If not then do the following:

sqv cdxpunishmentset01

Get the id for the Assistant

use prid <ID>

moveto player

This should get it moving again.

If he is there or after the above it did not start then do this:

Startscene <ID>      <ID> is either going to be xx2472ae (xx being the load position) or CDxPS01_ShopDirDialogue01

That scene runs the main dialogue for the punishment start.

hello

I have problems with the slavery mining quest:
the end of day check never work so the ore mined during the day is not counted.

I tried using the menu "Use if ore mining is not checked" but this doesnt work: the character is taken contol by the AI, it walk near the cage, then turn facing somehow in the direction of the X cross, wait a second, as if expecting Mecius to be there to check the mining and fetch the ore, but Mecius is not there and the scene simply continue with the character walking into the cage and thats all.

I tried to move Mecius to the player before and during the "Use if ore mining is not checked" scene, but it doesnt do anything.

so I cant do anything to solve this issue.

I had a look at the quest variable, to see if I could manually set the current mined ore quantity, but strangely I could not find a related variable which would be currently set to 0 (maybe it is not set at all until the first time ore is checked ?), so Im currently in an blocked situation where the ore getting mined is not counted and it will shift to the pony ore transport scene, which I do not want as I already did that.

any idea how I can fix that? or tell me the variable name which should be the ore mined count I could try to manually set ?

thanks in advance

edit:

ah! found it,

the variable name is "totaltally"

even if the ore check is broken, I hope this can help get out of the mine

Hello, 

i need some advice. 

sqv cdxpunishmentset01

use prid <ID>

moveto player

Startscene <ID>      <ID> is either going to be xx2472ae (xx being the load position) or CDxPS01_ShopDirDialogue01

Thanks for your help but its still not working. 

- Harran is there 

- used your commands but nohting happens

- it indeed says that the  scene isn't plaing if i check with issceneplaying

- after i use the startscene command it says that the scene is playing but harran and the master are still standing in front of me and no dialogue     shows up 

- startscene CDxPS01_ShopDirDialogue01 doesn't work

- I'm using MO

- Reinstalled CD already

hello

I tried using the menu "Use if ore mining is not checked" but this doesnt work: the character is taken contol by the AI, it walk near the cage, then turn facing somehow in the direction of the X cross, wait a second, as if expecting Mecius to be there to check the mining and fetch the ore, but Mecius is not there and the scene simply continue with the character walking into the cage and thats all.

I tried to move Mecius to the player before and during the "Use if ore mining is not checked" scene, but it doesnt do anything.

I had a look at the quest variable, to see if I could manually set the current mined ore quantity, but strangely I could not find a related variable which would be currently set to 0 (maybe it is not set at all until the first time ore is checked ?), so Im currently in an blocked situation where the ore getting mined is not counted and it will shift to the pony ore transport scene, which I do not want as I already did that.

any idea how I can fix that? or tell me the variable name which should be the ore mined count I could try to manually set ?

thanks in advance

edit:

ah! found it,

post a log that has the end of the day in it so I can see what is going on. You should get dialogue from the Overseer to get any ore in the barrel you want counted first, then once he has done that he has you meet him by the cage. After speaking with you he should put you in the cage, each step leads to the next so I am surprised you end up in the cage at all.

TotalTally is the total ore collected

To set the value you can use  setpqv  cdxslavery_property TotalTally  <x>    <x> needs to be at least 1 days worth of quota ahead of the total daily quota which is the variable TotalQuota  to advance.

Hello, 

i need some advice. 

sqv cdxpunishmentset01

use prid <ID>

moveto player

Thanks for your help but its still not working. 

- Harran is there 

- used your commands but nohting happens

- it indeed says that the  scene isn't plaing if i check with issceneplaying

- after i use the startscene command it says that the scene is playing but harran and the master are still standing in front of me and no dialogue     shows up 

- startscene CDxPS01_ShopDirDialogue01 doesn't work

- I'm using MO

- Reinstalled CD already

Use  sqv punishmentset01  and look up PunishmentRunning  for me.

hello

thanks in advance

edit:

ah! found it,

i had this happen a while back. i got him to count it by opening the console targeting the overseer and then typed disable and then enable. that got him to count the ore for me. it might work for you as well. before doing that though you should send vel the log he asked for, since there might be more going on that he may be able to help you fix.

hello

thanks in advance

edit:

ah! found it,

i had this happen a while back. i got him to count it by opening the console targeting the overseer and then typed disable and then enable. that got him to count the ore for me. it might work for you as well. before doing that though you should send vel the log he asked for, since there might be more going on that he may be able to help you fix.

Most common reason for things not happening is either your log is full of stuff constantly running and/or errors or other mods are interfering and doing things with the npc's or both. There should only be 3 scripts from CD running at this point:

Timer 1 - Task Manager - Runs at 6 am each day to check the status and availability of quests.

Timer 2 - Guest Control - Only runs regularly once the Expansion is done and updates at about 11 am to see if a guest should be arriving or leaving

Timer 3 - Mining Timer - Starts when you are released from the cage and updates every 15 min to check the time and once it is after 8pm it stops the timer and sends the overseer to check what you put in the barrel. A new timer is started once you are put into the cage for the overseer to open it at 6 am (scene will wait for you to wake up).

As far as a lot of mods go this is very low overhead and if your system is having issues with it then you have problems.

At risk of spamming your thread, here's a different problem.

End of Solitude quest gets stuck in Manor Basement.

- Actors walk to bottom of stairs
- debug notification "Start last phase of entry scene" 
- "Let's see who we have here" dialogue from master
- slight pause
- debug notification "End enter scene .." plays
- Player control disabled

- Actors immediately walk from bottom of stairs back to daily routines
- Player control stays disabled
- Alessia just follows PC the whole time

* Occurring in 4.05 & 4.08, with or without cleaned save
* waiting has no effect
* resetting framework has no effect
* sqv cdxSlavery_Property shows Q4Stage_var = 4
* issceneplaying 3e1936aa shows is not playing (SceneQ4MasterBsmt)
* issceneplaying 3e1936a8 shows is playing (SceneQ4Master01)

At this point I run out of ideas to investigate. The behaviour is nothing like what CK shows Q4Master_01 should be doing.
Papyrus log produces no entries on or around the time of scene start.

Cheers

Make sure that all 4 of the actors are in their proper location or at least near it as it may have issues if one of them is not in place. Start with Valund, the dungeon master as he sometimes gets stuck in his cell.

Thanks again for the suggestions :)

Have tried moving all four (Valund, Raccan, Herran, Master) into the room prior to scene start, unfortunately nothing changes.

attachicon.gifScreenshot18.png 

Master says the one line as per previous post, then walks out the door and goes back into normal routine. Others do the same.

i'm guessing this is if you mess up the solitude quest? b/c ive never seen this happen (b/c i save-scum to make sure i never fail that quest. never had to do go past the third night)

The dialogue there is Valund's general dialogue. Once Master gets to the point where the fade out occurs, after that wait for an hour and it will continue.

I have the same issue with the quest as timcoeur described above, I also tried moving the actors to the lower/main level of the dungeon, but it doesn't change the outcome. Master says her line, Master and Herran leave in a hurry, Raccan leaves, player controls are disabled. Interestingly my PC made a somewhat buggy attempt at walking towards the dungeon exit as well in one of my attempts to complete the scene, while the PC controls were disabled.

CD Part 1 v4.15, all parts are installed.

I also have to say a really big, big thank you to you Veladarius, I have played with CD since 3.x and in terms of quests and gameplay depth it has been always very good, but the 4.x versions are just so much more than I expected, really, deeply impressive.

- slight pause

* waiting has no effect

At this point I run out of ideas to investigate. The behaviour is nothing like what CK shows Q4Master_01 should be doing.

Cheers

Make sure that all 4 of the actors are in their proper location or at least near it as it may have issues if one of them is not in place. Start with Valund, the dungeon master as he sometimes gets stuck in his cell.

Have tried moving all four (Valund, Raccan, Herran, Master) into the room prior to scene start, unfortunately nothing changes.

Master says the one line as per previous post, then walks out the door and goes back into normal routine. Others do the same.

i'm guessing this is if you mess up the solitude quest? b/c ive never seen this happen (b/c i save-scum to make sure i never fail that quest. never had to do go past the third night)

The dialogue there is Valund's general dialogue. Once Master gets to the point where the fade out occurs, after that wait for an hour and it will continue.

I have the same issue with the quest as timcoeur described above, I also tried moving the actors to the lower/main level of the dungeon, but it doesn't change the outcome. Master says her line, Master and Herran leave in a hurry, Raccan leaves, player controls are disabled. Interestingly my PC made a somewhat buggy attempt at walking towards the dungeon exit as well in one of my attempts to complete the scene, while the PC controls were disabled.

I also have to say a really big, big thank you to you Veladarius, I have played with CD since 3.x and in terms of quests and gameplay depth it has been always very good, but the 4.x versions are just so much more than I expected, really, deeply impressive.

You can try manually starting the scene:

<ID>.Start()     <ID> is either the Editor ID of  xx1936a8  or the name of it: CDxS_Prop_Q4Master01

You can try something beforehand though to see if you have a force greet that is still hanging around. Before you speak with Master and while outside go into the MCM menu and disable your controls, if you start walking off somewhere then there is a force greet still running. If you have a few saves prior to this load them and do the same  thing (you can do it from wherever you are since you will likely be locked away somewhere at that point) until you don't wander away. Let me know what happened between those saves and I will give you some scene ID's to check to see if they are running and if you find it then we can go back to your main save and we can stop the offending scene.

- slight pause

* waiting has no effect

Cheers

<ID>.Start()     <ID> is either the Editor ID of  xx1936a8  or the name of it: CDxS_Prop_Q4Master01

You can try something beforehand though to see if you have a force greet that is still hanging around. Before you speak with Master and while outside go into the MCM menu and disable your controls, if you start walking off somewhere then there is a force greet still running. If you have a few saves prior to this load them and do the same  thing (you can do it from wherever you are since you will likely be locked away somewhere at that point) until you don't wander away. Let me know what happened between those saves and I will give you some scene ID's to check to see if they are running and if you find it then we can go back to your main save and we can stop the offending scene.

Thank you, this allowed me to solve the issue.

I picked a save before entering the mansion, disabled player controls. PC promptly starts wandering around, finally decides to leave the CD compound and wander off south. I thought, hmm, probably stuck somewhere near Solitude. Loaded the save, fast travel to Solitude docks, disabled PC-ctrl, wandered off straight to the spot where the exit of the tower is located (with the lamp on a few stacked rocks). So I picked a save from the tower, near the very end of this for my character very dramatic experience (level 6, not a fighter, not good at sneaking, only killed a vampire once, now facing off four armed guards! Thanks for giving us such an experience to play! :)

Anyhow, in the tower I disabled PC-ctrl again, and the PC wandered to the cell and chained herself up. So I thought, probably a cell scene. I went into Creation Kit, Character->Quest->CDxSlavery_Property->Scenes and noted the form IDs of the CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCellXXX scenes (using the names in-game didn't work for me). I found that CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a was still playing. I went back to my main save (in front of the mansion), used StopScene to stop CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a and voila the following scenes work like a charm (and again, very interesting and dramatic!).

PS: Not sure if related, but it just came to my mind that I couldn't pick up the "Letter to Idiot" placed on the chest in front of the cell (only able to activate the chest), so I used additem to get it. Not being able to pick it up might be a symptom of CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a still playing, or maybe not picking it up for being too clumsy with the controls causes the issue with CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a - just speculating?

- slight pause

* waiting has no effect

Cheers

Thank you, this allowed me to solve the issue.

I picked a save before entering the mansion, disabled player controls. PC promptly starts wandering around, finally decides to leave the CD compound and wander off south. I thought, hmm, probably stuck somewhere near Solitude. Loaded the save, fast travel to Solitude docks, disabled PC-ctrl, wandered off straight to the spot where the exit of the tower is located (with the lamp on a few stacked rocks). So I picked a save from the tower, near the very end of this for my character very dramatic experience (level 6, not a fighter, not good at sneaking, only killed a vampire once, now facing off four armed guards! Thanks for giving us such an experience to play! :)

Anyhow, in the tower I disabled PC-ctrl again, and the PC wandered to the cell and chained herself up. So I thought, probably a cell scene. I went into Creation Kit, Character->Quest->CDxSlavery_Property->Scenes and noted the form IDs of the CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCellXXX scenes (using the names in-game didn't work for me). I found that CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a was still playing. I went back to my main save (in front of the mansion), used StopScene to stop CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a and voila the following scenes work like a charm (and again, very interesting and dramatic!).

PS: Not sure if related, but it just came to my mind that I couldn't pick up the "Letter to Idiot" placed on the chest in front of the cell (only able to activate the chest), so I used additem to get it. Not being able to pick it up might be a symptom of CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a still playing, or maybe not picking it up for being too clumsy with the controls causes the issue with CDxS_Prop_Q4TowerCell01a - just speculating?

Nice job on figuring out where the issue was.

As for the letter the physics are screwed up, don't know why. I plan on moving the letter into the container with your belongings.

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting the mod. And it seems very good. I use CCAS for another beginning. I worked in the mine and now in the smithy. I worked well, the boss sent me to find Rayani. I found here, speak with her. And she told me to find the odd dwemer core in the giant camp.

I searched in several camps nearby.

I suppose that is in the most nearby camp normally. But I found nothing :/ maybe it's me. But help me to fix it please :)

I searched on previous replies and nothing to help me. Thanks for this mod and I hope to continue play with.

I'm french, sorry for my probable mistakes

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting the mod. And it seems very good. I use CCAS for another beginning. I worked in the mine and now in the smithy. I worked well, the boss sent me to find Rayani. I found here, speak with her. And she told me to find the odd dwemer core in the giant camp.

I suppose that is in the most nearby camp normally. But I found nothing :/ maybe it's me. But help me to fix it please :)

I searched on previous replies and nothing to help me. Thanks for this mod and I hope to continue play with.

The Giant Camp is a bit farther south / west I think.

At the top of a chest. / Right next to the chest.

After you have the needed part you have to go back to Rayani.

If I recall correctly, there is no quest marker.

Hi everyone,

The Giant Camp is a bit farther south / west I think.

At the top of a chest. / Right next to the chest.

After you have the needed part you have to go back to Rayani.

If I recall correctly, there is no quest marker.

There are 2 giant's camps near her, you want the one towards the road.

As Krynn pointed out it is on top of a stack of wood under the overhang and there is no quest marker.

I wish, it sometimes also gives me trouble with not finishing right: i clean all dust piles (easy difficulty so i have quest-arrows) but when i go to Markus, i just get the "im done for today, rest can wait"-chat.

i guess i should try to go back to ddi 2.9.2

I am going to go through Manor Slave and see if I can see what is happening. What is supposed to happen is it sets how many piles of dust it is you are to clean up and sets the fist pile in place. Once you clean it it checks to see if that pile was enough, if so it updates that the task is done and ends, otherwise it sets a new pile in place. If it has not set a new pile in place then it knows it finished so I am figuring that the task status is not updating for some reason. Since there are 4 tasks per day (A, B, C and D) and 7 possible jobs there is a function that looks up what task letter the job went with and updates it accordingly. You can see the status with the following variables:

Lettered tasks are A - D, numbered tasks are 1 - 7

Task_A   - which job was assigned for it.

Task_A_Status   - status of the task - 0 not assigned, 1 assigned, 2 complete, 3 failed

Task1   - If it is available to be assigned or not - 0 no, 1 yes

Task1_Status   - status of the task - 0 not assigned, 1 assigned, 2 running, 3 complete, 4 failed   - there are some tasks that have different variables

Task1Is   - which letter goes with the task - 1 A, 2 B, 3 C, 4 D  - This is used to look up which letter goes with the task. Since this is used to tell which task letter goes with the task number if a task is assigned more than once (which it should not be) then only the last letter assigned will get updated.

hmm, ive only seen 3 jobs. Sweeping, make firewood and get items from whiterun market and i played enough days to get promoted to sleep in ?rayaini?`s room.

Perhaps it happened when i got sweeping second time and it was allready in complete-status? But i still should have seen more different jobs :-/

edit. im starting believe that i have some mod that brakes things since only quest that have worked without problems was ironically embassy-quest, mine, retreat and delivery. Ill attach loadorder if somebody has some ideas since im running out.

I know the HUD says that when Marcus orders a task performed, it's one of four day-jobs that are sequentially assigned (a through D)

and randomly assigned  specific tasks within those four jobs.

I know it's random because sometimes Marcus will assign sweeping after sweeping.

And I can almost make out what you said,

that the specific tasks have a status.

So armed with what I think you said,

I want to maybe devise a strategy:

Save-game, Talk to Marcus about having finished specific tasks.

If the response available is "I'm done, I'm on strike"

then reload but then, before speaking,

set taskx_status to 1 (This is the part I'm unclear on)

and also set taskx to 0 (Make it unavailable)

Problem: which task goes with which number.(1-7)

Also if tasks are unavailable because they were done already (Like wood or buying milk)

Make them available again, maybe. But the batch file or console command should only be for completing a specific task.

The other stuff is wrapping my head around why easy assignments never repeat.

No task should be repeated in the same day. Once the availability is set so it is unavailable it should not be able to be picked again that day at all.

Actually there are 8 tasks, I forgot about the last one I added:

1- sweep

2- chop woord

3- get water

4- go to market

5- gardening / build planters

6- meet with manor npc

7- Customer Assist 02

8- Customer Assist 01

7 and 8 are only available if the customer is present.

Tasks are set to unavailable as soon as they are selected to be assigned.

Hmmm, my PC has been a manor slave for a week now or so and she only gets the first three tasks assigned, none of the others. I also couldn't observe any progression (iirc to the first floor with Rayani?), but I'm not sure if ten ingame days or so are enough for that.

Edit: I attached a minimal Papyrus log - loading a save from early morning, talking to Markus, getting sweeping+firewood assigned. I don't see anything suspicious.

Papyrus log, property slave only gets sweeping, water, firewood.log