I thought about that but it doesn't solve the problem. It is recalculated every frame and if I do somehow remember the last 30 values for example (60 FPS  = 0.5 seconds) and smooth it then it still does move the same amount in the end, only with a delay. For example when you are running with male character the head goes crazy, reducing this rotation by half would help a lot. I just have no idea how to divide rotation matrix by half, or a specific value. Not only that I need to divide each axis separately because that's how I want to make the config option.

I'm writing auto profile selection right now, what other types of profiles would you like to see?

Right now I have in order of importance (first condition that is true will select profile):

Killmove

Aiming bow

Aiming spell

Horse riding

Sprinting

Sneaking

Combat

Running

Default profile

Is there a way for it to detect when a Sexlab animation is running? That'd be a profile I'd like to have. ;)

Edit: Or rather, I guess it doesn't have to detect since it's hotkey selected. So yeah, that's a profile.

Edit2: Well, wait. Right now IFP can detect if I go into sneak mode, because there's an option to exit IFP if that animation occurs (such as aiming a bow or what not). Could it not, instead, load a particular profile when this occurs, so I don't have to constantly be switching manually?

See my last post, it's in the list.

I don't know how to detect SexLab animation without adding it as a requirement. :( I wanted to do this and asked Ashal but he didn't respond, I think he forgot.

Edit: Oh I can see the confusion, the last one is supposed to be the default profile you selected with hotkey, not that all profiles are selected with hotkey. :D Edited the post.

I'm writing auto profile selection right now, what other types of profiles would you like to see?

Right now I have in order of importance (first condition that is true will select profile):

Killmove

Aiming bow

Aiming spell

Horse riding

Sprinting

Sneaking

Combat

Running

Default profile

Oculus Profile. ;)

Although it really just benefits from FOVs being different and not much else, camera positions can remain the same.

If you could maybe add it as an offset profile instead an overall one, that would be bang on.

So I'm kinda curious... what kinds of things could be changed between all these profiles that would improve them individually? 

For instance, the main reason I thought of SexLab animations as one of the profiles, is because that's pretty much the only time I turn on 'head rotation'. Other than that, I think my settings work pretty much in every stance, save for the twitchiness of bow aiming or stealth with weapon out... which I don't know of any setting that could correct these right now.

Updated to 1.0, fixed all known bugs except the one where camera is facing your character when head rotation is off, that I don't think can be fixed.

Added 10 profiles of configurations and game can automatically choose profiles depending on what you are doing.

Head rotation (bobbing) is now configurable, so you can still have the rotation effect but it's playable now.

I was testing with these settings:

Profile 1 - default

Left everything as is.

Profile 2 - running

Head rotation = 40%

Fade in time 300

Profile 3 - sneaking

Head rotation = 20%

Profile 4 - killmove

Near distance values both to 30

Profile 5 - sexlab

Turn off HUD/menus

Near distance values both to 30

With these I could play very well and there was still a lot of effect from the movement on camera. I am not an archer but if you are I recommend also a profile for archery. Best would be to set archery to vanilla first person view. It's not very immersive but you can aim and it's only when shooting arrow anyway.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Hey great mod so far, but there's any way for you to add support for 360º walk animations? (there are couple of mods that do that, including tbbp) The camera is only correctly oriented when disabling the head bobbing, which is reasonable, but when i walk or run backwards you see your character's face... I can imagine it's difficult thinking any solution for that, but I dont think I could play without 360º third person animations at this point... (Playing with clipping config doesnt help neither since you end not seeing your own chest, tho I still need to test the new version to see if I can end with a solution)

There a couple of examples:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34713/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34508/?

The first mod adds butt bounce effect when walking, and the second one between other things, add better animations to cloaks when walking or running (I personally use the second one but the walking animations from the first). Thing is those animations also makes your character face towards the camera when walking or running backwards, or in any direction you're actually going, like in regular 3rd person games. Though when you use them with Immersive First Person View it's all wrong...

This FOV issue is going to take a while, it's one of those small insignificant problems that makes no sense and takes all day to fix.

I don't know if there's anything I can do about those animations, Lother. Where camera is looking and where player is facing (not the model, but actual object) are very important to calculate the correct position and angle of camera. Maybe in the future but now I don't know how to fix.

Fixed FOV, if you're updating from 1.0 to 1.1 then just overwrite files, clean save is not necessary.

Luckily it turned out to be a complicated problem so I wasn't wasting my time for nothing. :D

Edit: so yeah, it's version 1.2 now lol. Check back in a few hours for version 1.5 :P

If you're updating from 1.0 or 1.1 to 1.2 there is no need for clean save. Just overwrite all.

Playing game before release - everything works. After release - can't even play 3 minutes until I or someone finds a bug that breaks everything.

I sympathize with you. I know how frustrating it is to have everything break after you release something.

I am having a slight issue updating though. I haven´t tried out 1.2 yet, but before this I was using 0.6 and updated that to 1.1. Everything works fine on a new save, but not on my existing save.

I did make a clean save (save game -> uninstall IF 0.6 -> load game -> save game -> install IF 1.1 -> load game). The problem is that in the period that I had neither version installed, IF was still in my MCM menu, but showing nothing at all when I clicked on it there. After having installed 1.1, I can't change anything in the MCM menu and only the camera tab is shown, none of the profile tabs are shown.

Most likely it's just some horribly simplistic mistake I made myself, but I am unable to see that mistake personally right now.

Ooh I am very excited to try this update!

I have a question though: h38fh2mf, you said a clean save is not necessary if upgrading from 1.0, but I don't know what version I have. The version is d2013.12.14  ..is that 1.0?

Edit: Oh wait I think it must be 0.6 according to the directory structure. I should probably clean save just to be certain.

Ooh I am very excited to try this update!

I have a question though: h38fh2mf, you said a clean save is not necessary if upgrading from 1.0, but I don't know what version I have. The version is d2013.12.14  ..is that 1.0?

Edit: Oh wait I think it must be 0.6 according to the directory structure. I should probably clean save just to be certain.

With MO it's a good idea to change that date (the date you installed) in the version field to the mod's version manually. Just double click the date, half second pause between clicks.

This FOV issue is going to take a while, it's one of those small insignificant problems that makes no sense and takes all day to fix.

I don't know if there's anything I can do about those animations, Lother. Where camera is looking and where player is facing (not the model, but actual object) are very important to calculate the correct position and angle of camera. Maybe in the future but now I don't know how to fix.

Didnt have to make any workaround (I was thinking assigning to S (backwards) a function to autoturn camera 180º while is pressed. But more simple than that, this new profile based update has the solution. I bind the default profile to W and a second profile to S, 0 fade in and out.

One problem though is that I currently need to double tap in both directions, since the toggle button behaves as a press and release (one click to S to go bakwards, release to switch to my backwards profile in your mod's mcm menu, and tap S again to keep moving; again to move foward then). Could you make the toggle profile buttons just by press and not press and release? That would make it a perfect solution...

Other thing I wanted to ask you, is that I like head bobbing, It feels more realistic/immersive, but happens that when running (not walking or sprinting, the intermiddle running, the camera shakes like hell) Its is normal or it is just me? If that is normal you think you'll be able to fix it?