Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

First of all: sorry I really dont want to derail this thread and I know this is off topic but all the tutorial threads over at Nexus are pretty much dead.

My Problem: I have spent hours on end trying to get the nif exporter in 3DS Max to put out a creature that wont fuck up the game. 

I can export .nifs without bone nodes and they work in the game. But as soon as I use something with skeleton the game crashes on me.

With Max 2014 i tried the plugin from Ephemdsomething but that mostly throws chinese error messages.

Then I installed Max 2011 and used figments plugin. Followed tuts and imported creature. Exported right back and game doesnt crash but have no textures only some weird solid color shading.

Then I read that this plugin is buggy and installed the one from Wixs. If I export any creature with that plugin it crashes the game.

Now the imports work I am sure. Skins have correct bone nodes assigned and all. I check the export in Nifskope and it looks pretty identical to the original.

Only obvious difference: 0 NiNode is called scene root [0] instead of werbear.nif [0] for example. And the original has the NiNodes first and then the NiTriShapes wheras my exports have the shapes first.

This is seriously bugging me. I know I can make some useful contributions if I just can get around this darn bug. 

Problem is most of the tutorials are ancient and talk about bugs that are obviously no longer in the exporter.

Sorry for polluting the thread  :(  I would be glad about some PM help too.

oh well, if done correctly from the animators side, you shouldn't need much adjustment when in game.  The exceptions to that rule would be different sized actors / equipment from what was used to align the animation with initially. 

Eg: My body mesh is size X but you're playing with size Y.  Same for SOS equipment.  Penis size X vs penis size Y. 

It's quite possible I missed something in these forums lol.  I'm following too many threads to keep up with these days.  Hell, I didn't even realize Panic DID a netch test.  ( If I had, I wouldn't have done one too :D )

As it is discussed here, the Netch is a hard beast to work with, so I am going to avoiding them as for now... But here's one wip of the next update, I will try to get this update to be finished early next week (monday tusday?) :)

Early shitty wip: attachicon.gifWip-R-03-anim.gif

cant wait to see them ingame.

whats your next pet?^^

any plans on dragonpriest?

First of all: sorry I really dont want to derail this thread and I know this is off topic but all the tutorial threads over at Nexus are pretty much dead.

My Problem: I have spent hours on end trying to get the nif exporter in 3DS Max to put out a creature that wont fuck up the game. 

I can export .nifs without bone nodes and they work in the game. But as soon as I use something with skeleton the game crashes on me.

With Max 2014 i tried the plugin from Ephemdsomething but that mostly throws chinese error messages.

Then I installed Max 2011 and used figments plugin. Followed tuts and imported creature. Exported right back and game doesnt crash but have no textures only some weird solid color shading.

Then I read that this plugin is buggy and installed the one from Wixs. If I export any creature with that plugin it crashes the game.

Now the imports work I am sure. Skins have correct bone nodes assigned and all. I check the export in Nifskope and it looks pretty identical to the original.

Only obvious difference: 0 NiNode is called scene root [0] instead of werbear.nif [0] for example. And the original has the NiNodes first and then the NiTriShapes wheras my exports have the shapes first.

This is seriously bugging me. I know I can make some useful contributions if I just can get around this darn bug. 

Problem is most of the tutorials are ancient and talk about bugs that are obviously no longer in the exporter.

Sorry for polluting the thread  :(  I would be glad about some PM help too.

Replace the bslightshaderproperty whenever you export a mesh from max. There should be 1 for each NiTriShape

Afaik all of the exporters screw them right up, and though that shouldn't crash your game, it will crash for some people when you don't do that.

I know for certain that I crash when ever I don't do it. It's also the cause of your textures being borked.

-snip-

Replace the bslightshaderproperty whenever you export a mesh from max. There should be 1 for each NiTriShape

Afaik all of the exporters screw them right up, and though that shouldn't crash your game, it will crash for some people when you don't do that.

I know for certain that I crash when ever I don't do it. It's also the cause of your textures being borked.

Wow thanks a bunch. That was really the problem. Now I can get the unmodified meshes back into the game again. Also I am somewhat shocked that the exporters are still as bad as they were in the dawn of Skyrim modding over 2 years ago...

Well, anyway, I started to work on modifying a model in 3DS, exporting and fixing in Nifskope. It loads up in the game but all the objects I added are simply missing. All changes i made on the original objects are still there but all added ones are gone. They show up fine in Nifskope though. 

I upload all the neccessary files in hopes that someone more versed in this stuff might take a look at it and tell me where I went wrong...

The one I have troubles with is the werebear.nif

werebear.zip

**snip**

Wow thanks a bunch. That was really the problem. Now I can get the unmodified meshes back into the game again. Also I am somewhat shocked that the exporters are still as bad as they were in the dawn of Skyrim modding over 2 years ago...

Well, anyway, I started to work on modifying a model in 3DS, exporting and fixing in Nifskope. It loads up in the game but all the objects I added are simply missing. All changes i made on the original objects are still there but all added ones are gone. They show up fine in Nifskope though. 

I upload all the neccessary files in hopes that someone more versed in this stuff might take a look at it and tell me where I went wrong...

The one I have troubles with is the werebear.nif

It's not for lack of trying for the bslightshader thing. Some are much worse than others, most (if not all) will screw up vertex alpha/color too.

I'll pm you for the other problem though.

I don't know if this is the place for animation requests (or if we should even make any requests), but imo it would be really nice to have some (consensual or not) oral sex animations for canines.

Such would be good for consensual servicing of canine followers, for example, or even included in a potential threesome animation where one canine (wolf presumably) is laying on it's back/side getting serviced while a second is mounting the (N)PC and plowing away.

But anyway, just my 2 cents.

After a lot of trial and error and with Cyndi helping me along the bumpy road that is 3DS max Nif Porter I finally got it done: 

A fully equipped Werebear  :cool:

Werebear uses the same Skeleton as Werewolf so it can use the same animations too. So if you wanna see Gone and Panics Animations on another Critter give it a go.

Next on my todo list: Put it into Nude Creatures and Hentai Creatures.

-Edit-

Okay, typo in path. FIXED.

WerebearNude.zip

Look one inch above your original post.... o_o.

I suppose when the multi-rieklings are done Ill add those aswell and perhaps start a thread that you can link in the OP, or you can just link what ive got now In the OP

Sure, I will gladly link your file/post on the front post if you includes the gangbang animations :)

cant wait to see them ingame.

whats your next pet?^^

any plans on dragonpriest?

Not yet, for the next updates I'm going to start animating Khajiit / argonian tails on my previous animations that are missing them.

I don't know if this is the place for animation requests (or if we should even make any requests), but imo it would be really nice to have some (consensual or not) oral sex animations for canines.

Such would be good for consensual servicing of canine followers, for example, or even included in a potential threesome animation where one canine (wolf presumably) is laying on it's back/side getting serviced while a second is mounting the (N)PC and plowing away.

But anyway, just my 2 cents.

Conseensual animations are planed for both Dogs and Werewolves.

Nice job Panic

I will vote for a skeever as next creature to make. :cool:  There are nice fnis poses on which you can base some of your animations :http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/19-fnis-ero-idle-spell/

I have no plans to create animations skeevers yet, sorry :P

Heres the Horse+Riek+DoubleRiek

Ok guys, got everything implemented.  Its pretty much entirely effortless to install,

This requires sexlab 1.57 (any 1.5x version may work, but no guarantees.)

Plop this in your folder, run FNIS for users, and reset animation registry in McM and youre done

THIS PATCH IS DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVIOUS BECAUSE IM LAZY:

Ive used Dentarr's source script because I had allready implemented it, and would highly reccomend you all download his file FIRST, then install mine ontop of it.  It modifies and adds many other patches, including lurkers using all the giant animations.  You will 99% likely be able to use just my file without his, but it may cause some problems so be warned.

Can be found here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32456-wip-morenastycritters/

Install his first then mine after.

riek.2riek.horse.rar

Ok guys, got everything implemented.  Its pretty much entirely effortless to install,

Plop this in your folder, run FNIS for users, and reset animation registry in McM and youre done

Ive used Dentarr's source script because I had allready implemented it, and would highly reccomend you all download his file FIRST, then install mine ontop of it.  It modifies and adds many other patches, including lurkers using all the giant animations.  You will 99% likely be able to use just my file without his, but it may cause some problems so be warned.

Can be found here

thank you so much

Hello Panicforever,

Please could you share animation source file, Blender or 3dSMAX or whatever you are using? Quite lazy here and most importantly time consuming to setup all the stuff and start working on the animation. But really interesting to play with that a little in combination with http://wiki.blender.org/index/php/User:Squashwell.

A werewolf + human combination would be enough.

Also if you get some manuals (step by step) "howto" prepare animating for skyrim, that would be awesome. Or let me know the sites you are using (google sucks these days).

Thanks

Can be found here

Ugh... after doing the ''Reset animation registry'', the whole creature animation list becomes blank and such no creature animations starts. Any fixes for that?

Please at the very least correct the tags if you're posting something like this for the current version of the framework. Tags effect call backs, stats, and even what mods can and will use the animations. They really are there for a reason.

Yes this will put the animations in the game but ....

Just so everyone is clear on this:

When have installed a mod for Sexlab, that edits base Sexlab scripts, you instantly opt yourself out of any and all support for Sexlab.

Ashal:

An API for adding new animations, voices, and expressions exists for a reason. 

I'm not saying you have to remove anything, just that I won't provide help to mods overwriting source scripts or users that use the overwriting mod while asking for help on an issue remotely connected to that overwritten script.

ijs.

Can be found here

Ugh... after doing the ''Reset animation registry'', the whole creature animation list becomes blank and such no creature animations starts. Any fixes for that?

Yes, the same.

-----

Yes, the same.

I cant reproduce that at all.

Have included WhiskeyS implementation in my stuff. Thanks for the work  :cool:

And Thank you Panic for all your work. Riekling animations look great.

Has Day finished the Netch yet? Im REALLY looking forward to them  :heart:

Please at the very least correct the tags if you're posting something like this for the current version of the framework. Tags effect call backs, stats, and even what mods can and will use the animations. They really are there for a reason.

When have installed a mod for Sexlab, that edits base Sexlab scripts, you instantly opt yourself out of any and all support for Sexlab.

I for one wasn't aware of that.  But I wonder if it makes so much of a difference since a new version of SL will almost certainly have problems with this, anyway, since Ashal will implement the animations himself and this will likely conflict with this...

And in the mean time you are baking a script into your saves.

You are saving other data to the new containers files that stay in your game files and get shared between saves even if you uninstall and then re-install sexlab.

These get generated on the go not installed.

If you don't know where or what those containers are the only way to get rid of them is to completely wipe skyrim off your hard drive. MO won't even save you from that if those get fucked.

These are scripts, not armor mods you can just pull if they fuck up. 

I'm not saying that the above is that bad. Not at all.

What I am saying is, don't be surprised when something doesn't work right, and don't expect much help when it doesn't.

This isn't like editing the 1.3+ series and posting it. Anyone still using those knows already they don't have support regardless.

Can be found here

Yes, the same.

Boom. Same shit. After resetting. How do we fix that? I don't wanna reinstall whole game. :-/

Same here, it shows no creature animations

fun fact though: for some reason defeat seemed to be working after punching a dog several times

found this in the morenastycritters thread:

"starting a new game with everything set up makes the creature animation list completely blank, re-registering animations doesn't fix it; one must install the framework and start a new game first, then install the nastycritters and re-register the animations for the new ones to appear. Even so the double rieklings one doesn't work, either nothing happens or if it does only the fem animates while the rieklings stay in a T shape as if the animation path is wrong or something"

testing it now, gonna make a clean install of skyrim first anyway

Edit 2:

Yup its working.

Thx to Teruke for the fix.

So how do we fix that?

Start a new game?

Ashal:

I'm not saying you have to remove anything, just that I won't provide help to mods overwriting source scripts or users that use the overwriting mod while asking for help on an issue remotely connected to that overwritten script.

ijs.

Hey Cyndi,

Can you point to any online examples of using the API Ashal mentions, or is there a mod out there that is exemplary ?

Thanks!!

Ashal:

ijs.

Hey Cyndi,

Can you point to any online examples of using the API Ashal mentions, or is there a mod out there that is exemplary ?

Thanks!!

Well so far, going back to the post you copied from, Ashal mentions SexLab Vanilla Voices, which doesn't add animations but adds voice/fx... I'll look at that and see if i can extrapolate.